Clomid Chicks Support Group

sweets

Any ladies currently undergoing Clomid treatment to get pregnant? Will love to hook up since it can be such a trying journey

Hi Furryfurry

I am on clomid for this cycle.It's my first time taking clomid.
I am on DPO 8 already...but still no preggie symptoms yet.

What about you??

Hi Lucky Clover, I'm starting my 2nd round today, CD3 (well, later today I guess since its wee early hours now).

All the best to you...read that some people can test on DP11 at the very earliest
happy.gif

Hi Furryfurry
what's ur dosage like??
I think its going to be another failed cycle this mth...will probably wana try IUI...
Seeing my gyn on wed...

Hi..

I am on clomid too, currently juz done with the 2 cycle, left with one more cycle oly. now @ my 20th CD..

to complicate matter, my hubby sperm count is also low. so i dun dare to pin my hopes too hi..

Hi cloudpearl

I think you need a prescription for the clomid.
Anyway, its better to see your gyn before starting on clomid cos your gyn will be able to monitor if Clomid helps and how much dosage to increase accordingly...

Thanks lucky clover.

Actually i have been seeing a chinese sinseh for the past 3 months and she suggests that i take clomid so that i can calculate my ovaluation date more accurately.

I went to Thomson Clinic for PCOS treatment....was unable to concieve after 3 rounds of clomid.
Any good doctor in Singapore who can treat PCOS patients and help them concieve?? Please provide the name and phone # of the doctor.

hi ladies, my gynea diagnosed me with PCOS few yrs back. been TTC since last feb with clomid 150mg. actually got preggie on two occasions but lost the bb at wk8+ and wk7+. i tried clomid again (same dosage) in jan tis yr, but tink i nv ovulated coz my period nv come after 2.5mths. tested with HPT but not preggie. i took medication n my period finally came today, am starting clomid tml again. really hope will ovulate tis cycle. btw, i'm seeing tcm sinseh also..

Bluberi, sorry to hear about your incident..

Did doc say any reason on you last 2 miscarriage?

Did you continue eating folic acid...maybe it helps in strengtening the womb too

rustam, you can try Dr LC Foong.. my sis has bad PCOS and got pregnant after 2 IUI with him. 6479 7267 (should be.. )

Dun give up hope.. I conceived both my kiddos on Clomid.

Wow! Catz! So encouraging to know that you conceive both kids by clomid...how many MG you take to ovulate ?

BBWish, actually miraculously, both my kids were conceived on first round of 50mg Clomid.. we tried for about 2+ years before we went for further testing and with hubby's sperm analysis being so teruk, we were told that essentially we had no chance but IVF. But at that time, we were posted to the US so I asked my gynae to just give me 3 cycles of Clomid to try try and bingo, we struck. Guess it's my crappy PCOS ovaries that needed the Clomid to kick start egg production :p Oh and reduced stress for hubby and me during overseas posting. Haha.. that's v important!

But for my sis, she went up to 6 cycles of 150mg Clomid and not only did she not ovulate as expected, she got pretty whacky and depressed as a side effect. So the best thing for her was to do the Puregon jabs, much less side effects and bingo, she ovulated.

wow catz, thats really fated...haha..
I am now on 2nd round @ 100mg, hope it will be successful, last round egg got biggier but not big enuff to ovulate...sigh..

What is Puregon Jabs ??

Puregon jab is another way of getting the meds to make you ovulate into your system. Basically it's a 'pen' device that lets u select the amt of Puregon u want to inject into your system.. then everyday for about 1 wk (or is it 2 wks) you inject into your belly to induce ovulation. Worked wonders for my sister.. but of course you need to go to a careful gynae so you won't end up with too many eggs cos multiple pregnancy is risky. Serious check out Dr LC Foong.. he's really good. V nice doctor. Super gentlemanly and v concerned and caring.

Is there any side effects from taking clomid? I have heard that too much can cause cancer?
And also is it true that twins or triplets are very common for those who have conceived taking clomids?

Hi, chanced upon this thread. Wanna share my experience with you.

I was on clomid for nearly 1 year. I was diagnosed with PCOS and doc used clomid to stimulate ovulation. I think I am clomid resistant cos despite increased dosage of clomid to 3 tab coupled with metformin and even laproscopy for ovarian drilling, i ovulated only once in the whole of 1 yr.

In feb this year, doc decided to use a combination of clomid, metformin and gonal-F jabs. This time, I had 2 nice eggs growing and there was a chance of me getting twins. However, after checks, the one egg shrank and the other stopped growing. Doc said that IVF could be my last resort. I was so upset but accepted and decided to go for IVF this yr end

miracle happened. I m preg! Apparently, one of the eggs continued to grow and ovulated. I still cannot explain this but I think it could also be due to the fact that I let it go and not so stress about it anymore.It could also be due to the fact that I took a fertility aid pill (from USA) which maintained my hormonal balance

So, what I want to say is that it is possible that some woman are resistant to clomid and actually the best way is to keep fit and maintain a good hormonal balance. Most importantly is to let go and remain stressfree. The main stress most woman with fertility prob has is that she knows that she has fertility prob and is stress by this fact. So, I think is important to really let it go and let nature takes its place.

My precious one doesn;t come easy and i really hope my darling will be healthy till he/she is born.

All the best to all!

Anyone has experience on D15 of clomid, menses starts again!! My last cycle was start by menses medicine - Duphaston and today was the D15 and my menses starts again!!

I went to my gynae on D12 and the scanning show no sign of ovulation and was shock to get my menses today - D15... so puzzled, anyone can advise ??

I'm currently taking Clomid too....first cycle...hopefully got good news.

My hubby had his sperm analysis done. Ok leh the results but need to take vitamins to imprtove the motility lor.

Doc said put me on lowest dose first, 1 tablet 50mg per day. Today is my last day of taking Clomid. I'm going for another scan next Monday to see whether I ovulate already.....keeping fingers crossed!

Dear RachelleLing
Thank you for sharing your story, I am encouraged by your success story.
All the best!

Hi All,

New to this thread. I was prescribe with clomid by my doctor 2 days ago, she asked me to start taking on day 5 of my menses for 5 days. But I read somewhere that there are people taking clomid on day 2. I am confused why the difference. Can anyone advise?
Thanks.
happy.gif

Hi cloudpearl, I also checked with my doctor about the chances of getting twins / triplets & other side effects by taking clomid, she replied me that as long as is not on veri high dosage, twins / tripets normally dun happened, same for other side effects.

Can I check with u guys if u experienced a delay in period after taking Clomid huh? I have delayed for 3 days but this morning when I went toilet, there was some spotting. I read on internet tat Clomid delayed some e women's period, but some fellow SG Motherhood gals had very regularized periods leh. my period is super regular, 28 days +- 1 day.

I had a metallic taste these 2 days but have tested negative lor. My hubby thinks its my psychological thinking that I'm 'pregnant', therefore have these symptoms. Haiz....

helo gals,

I took clomid before and gt preggie but gt a mc at week 7 . do you think taking clomid increases the chance of mc?

Hi, glad to have found this thread.

I was "late" when I saw gynae for clomid which i took on day 5 or 7 (can't remember). When I went back to scan, apparently, my ovaries didn't grow to its optimal size. They were only abt 11mm. Sad! I wonder if I've been ovulating the past few years! I had PCOS and endo previously but have been given jabs to get rid of the cysts. I've done HSG test which showed my tubes are fine, though my right is better.

Anyway, I'm on my "formal" cycle of clomid this month. Gynae prescribed 2 tabs of 50mg per day. Started on day 2 of my menses and already finished at day 6. I'm going to see gynae on Tue for a scan. Hope the clomid will work.

I've read many positive response to people who are on clomid but have also heard it doesn't work for all. Apparently, one can only take clomid for up to 6 cycles.

I delivered my beautiful baby girl last Nov. But my journey to TTC started since 2004... I started with clomid, then IUI then finally the ultimate IVF. Since this is the clomid thread, i will share my Clomid experience. I have SUPER irregular menses; the type that will drive one mad month after month. mine stretches from 35 days to 43 days, and sometimes 29 days! I took Clomid for at least 9 cycles, i think. For the 1st 3 cycles, it was good, 28-29 days cycle. but the effect seemed to wear off after 4th month. And CM became drier and by 6th cycle (i think), my menses are irregular.. So my advise is: if you want to regulate yr menses, keep a close watch too and keep the clomid cycle to <4 months...

Hi,

Just went to the doc in KKH yesterday...

She prescribe Clomid for my 1st cycle and also I was given medication to induce my menses as my menses suppose to be due for 11 days ago...

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PCOS. was instruct to take noresthisterone on 14 May to induce menses and to take clomid on Day 2-5 of the menses. I am prescribed After which on Day 21, to go for a blood test to check for ovaluation...

Hi Summer,

I was witht the same situation but I did not take the tablet for induce menses because the mensus came it was like late for 2 weeks plus I finish the day 2-5 of clomid... So now waiting for day 21 blood test... :)

i have done the hormone test and the result is ok. 3 more days before i complete the 7 days of norethisterone. very scare when my period comes cos it usually comes in heavy flow with a lot of blood clots and i cant even walk straight. i also have irregular or no menses.gynae advised me to baby dance on CD 10-20. I am wondering if this is a 'big range' of day?

Mine rather heavy... oic CD 10-20... hummm... my gynae ask me to be on the CD 8 - 17... I am thinking to change a gynae because currently I was seeing different Gynae in KKH thinking it would be nice that I can focus on one.

hi diana,

I agree with you! its totally different when u go hospital and private clinic. From my experience, private clinic is more detailed and patience, but of cos cost more. Maybe you wanna activate ur pm?

Hi diana,

u can go to 'edit profile'--> 'Preference' and uncheck the 'Do not send me private messsage emails from other board users.

Hi all,
I was jus being diagnosed that I am not ovulating although my menses quite regular...
sad.gif

Now my gynae given me 3 cycles of clomid to stimulate my ovulation..
Was very upset to find out I am not able to conceive normally
sad.gif

Urgh, is this thread still active?
How's everyone who's ttc and on clomid?

I am puzzled on how amazing the effect clomid brought to the ladies - I wanna try.

Anyone can advise on the price of clomid? And also, it seems like quite a big "project" - from taking clomid, go to hospital to scan or even blood test to check on ovulation. Sounds complicated.

I have been trying since 2 or 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with PCO - was so depressed then
sad.gif
Doctor did not prescribe any medication for me, all she did was ask me to control my diet.

Sigh.

My menses cycle ranges from 28 +- 5 days or so, does it considered regular?

It's also my 2nd month on clomid but not successful. However I did ovulated on the 2 times. However, my menses haywire again cos my menses is late but have tested negative with 3 tests. Haiz..

I have 2 tubs of GNC Royal Jelly to let go at $90 each. Bought 3 tubs at $132.95 each while I was trying to conceive. Now preggy cannot take anymore. Both tubs are brand new and sealed in original state with price tag still there. Expiry in end Nov 2013. If don't mind I can also give the half consumed tub FOC if getting both tub. Interested please PM me as I don't come to this tread often. Price negotiable.

Hi, juz to share... I was diagnosed with pcos in earli 2009.. and then prescribed clomid. I didnt ovulate with 50mg n 100mg but ovulated with 150mg...we didnt realli follow the "timetable" on when to hav sex..we juz do it often. Once ovulated i conceived..its such a happy news to us. Thrughout pregnancy normal n delivered in 2010...after birth,period is better and has been regular.
So yes, clomid does work for pcos ppl! Have faith n hav sex often ok!

Now im returning to kkh again as im trying for #2 for past 1 year to no avail. i wan to see if they will scan or giv me clomid again.

Hi, chanced upon this thread. Wanna share my experience with you.

I was on clomid for nearly 1 year. I was diagnosed with PCOS and doc used clomid to stimulate ovulation. I think I am clomid resistant cos despite increased dosage of clomid to 3 tab coupled with metformin and even laproscopy for ovarian drilling, i ovulated only once in the whole of 1 yr.

In feb this year, doc decided to use a combination of clomid, metformin and gonal-F jabs. This time, I had 2 nice eggs growing and there was a chance of me getting twins. However, after checks, the one egg shrank and the other stopped growing. Doc said that IVF could be my last resort. I was so upset but accepted and decided to go for IVF this yr end

miracle happened. I m preg! Apparently, one of the eggs continued to grow and ovulated. I still cannot explain this but I think it could also be due to the fact that I let it go and not so stress about it anymore.It could also be due to the fact that I took a fertility aid pill (from USA) which maintained my hormonal balance

So, what I want to say is that it is possible that some woman are resistant to clomid and actually the best way is to keep fit and maintain a good hormonal balance. Most importantly is to let go and remain stressfree. The main stress most woman with fertility prob has is that she knows that she has fertility prob and is stress by this fact. So, I think is important to really let it go and let nature takes its place.

My precious one doesn;t come easy and i really hope my darling will be healthy till he/she is born.

All the best to all!

What fertility aid pill you had? I have been trying for almost 1 yr and was on clomid, metformin etc with no results :( furthermore when I was on clomid, my gynae was not so detailed in measuring the growth size of my eggs, just told me eggs not growing etc. which gynae was yours?

Back