Christian ivf mums or mums to be

Chrisl, it's ok to take some time to be sad and pour your heart to the Lord. This is not an easy path and it will be full of ups and downs.

Lena, try to insert the bullets deeper and lay flat for 15-30 mins. Btw How old is your gal?

Sunny, I was given progesterone..

Vanilla, I actually didn't pee immediately leh.. I took a nap n after tt then I went pee.. So quite shocked to still c it.. Haiz.. Will try again tonight coz wasn't so successful juz now too.. Not sure if I shod insert another one instead..

Joie, my gal is 4 yrs old n has been urging me to have many siblings for her... If things didn't work out this round, I hate to c how disappointed she will b...

Lena, is it utrogestan, small round white ones? I hate that, everytime very messy cuz the capsule will melt then all the progesterone in there will flow out. But they say it only takes 30 mins to absorb so maybe can lie with pillow under butt for 30 mins so everything is maintained inside for full absorption. Then after that can wipe away excess.

I prefer the long bullet waxy one, cant remember the name. That one no mess, i insert already straightaway can go out.

Chrisl, ya i also recommend seek TCM, build up health before next fresh. This way, next cycle can get better eggs, more eggs and higher success! I am a living example. My first ivf, didnt do anything to prepare, just blur blur go along. End up only 8 eggs and 3 embryos and quite poor quality. At day 2, barely 2 cells and uneven looking. That cycle failed. But my 2nd fresh, i did more preparation, had TCM, ACU and ate better, more nutritious food, even had supplements ... end up remarkable difference! 16 eggs and 7 embryos. Better quality too, at least at day 2, all embryos had 4 cells. That batch i had a BFP too. So it can make a difference.

Chrisl - Hugs! At 32, u still can jiayou. Dont lose heart and hope....What u (and many of us) experienced is a grey thread that God has allowed to be woven in the tapestry of our lives. The bright colours will come. God is good all the time.
happy.gif

hi <font color="0000ff">Chrisl</font> - food wise if the plc u are in has organic food in abundance - u can try that .. or not for meats like chicken esp try free range (or local terms we can kampong
happy.gif
) if cannot then buy those not injected w hormones [i currently buy empress chicken from spore supermkts - they claim not hormone injected]. Meats too..fish is ok.haha i havent heard free range fish yet...

Chicken soup is good... u can add red dates (not too much - 1 or 2), wolfberries and boil. u can take it tog with cordyceps (maybe once or twice a week)... ginseng deps if korean or USA... i try not take korean ones cos heaty.

For u and ur hb.. if both not taking any medicine - can take cordyceps and ginseng. esp ur hb.. it will help improve his swimmers. Mixing ginseng (USA) with cordyceps helps in the sense of saving $..cos cordyceps v exp so my TCM taught me to use 1/2 and 1/2 ..so cordyceps will last longer. I use powder form.. i went EU ren seng asked them to grind for me to powder form.

Eat well- lots of green vegs, skip soya beans and its products - soya milk, tofu etc... rest well, and exercise.

I dont take supplements except folic acid thats all...some sis i know take EPO.. also cut on caffeine - coffee and tea (liang).

hugs, take all the food stuff w a pinch of salt too -->hmm meaning dont be too obsessed with it and stressed urself. if u want a break and drink a cup of kopi it is ok, if u think i want an ice cream it is fine too... being too obsessed too can cause stress which is not good for hormones and ur well being. }}

Sunny, not sure exactly wat the name of the capsule but yes,it's a white small bullet.. Kinda irritating coz even if I lie down for the whole of 1 hr, it will still hv remains of it whenever I pee... Does tt mean my body is not receiving enuff of progesterone ?

TH, no plans for anyone to cook for me coz also not sure wat to eat to b better? I can ask hubby to cook ah but we also no idea wat is gd.. Any suggestions?

Dr F called this morning to say tat will do the transfer Tom.. Out of 7 eggs retrieved, 5 were fertilized which exceeded my expectation. A part of me was still thinking tat maybe I would end up w no eligible embryos to b put in but I guess God has his plans.. Wanted to call him bk to ask abt the grading of the embryos but hubs feel tt it doesn't matter the grading n we shod surrender it to the Lord. I guess no pt worrying abt it n we'll juz pray for God's protection in this situation.

hi Chrisl, no access to TCM nvm, eat healthily can help too. Like you can boil some herbal soup to drink is good too. Natural remedies.

My more nutritious food is actually just more normal food cuz i had been eating very abnormally in the past, can everyday cook maggi mee or grab a pack of Mcd french fries only for lunch. Very bad right? So i forced myself to choose more healthy food even if from the foodcourt since i hardly can cook. I will order fish soup or ban mian or economy rice with alot leafy vege and eggs or yongtaufoo soup ... if i do cook, then i try to eat organic if can. One of sister here, recommended me to try organic foods so sometimes i had organic xiao bai cai soup with wolfberries etc ... Supplements wise, i had alot, sometimes i think i overkill .. took folic acid, antioxidants, conceive well gold, vitex, wheatgrass, royal jelly and DHEA in recent months.

Yes sunny, tats wat hub say too... So most likely not asking dr f n end up more upset..haha..had pizza juz now.. Happy food... Haha

Lena, it's a good number. Our God is good!

Do u have someone to help u during ur 2ww so you can get a good rest to let the embies a good chance to implant?

Chrisl, I guess during this journey, eating healthy has been a way of life for us :) remember to also keep warm during this time. If u often have cold hands and feet, try to drink some hot ginger tea.

Harlow ladies... Juz asking do u all really stay at home during yr 2ww? Was still thinking of doing Korean BBQ Tom with my friends n bringingnjoy to USS next thur..haha.. A bit adventurous ah?

Hubs is a SAHD so he will b at home w me thru this period n joy is in sch...is tt okie le?

Harlow ladies... Juz asking do u all really stay at home during yr 2ww? Was still thinking of doing Korean BBQ Tom with my friends n bringingnjoy to USS next thur..haha.. A bit adventurous ah?

Hubs is a SAHD so he will b at home w me thru this period n joy is in sch...is tt okie le?

hi <font color="119911">lena</font>, dont worry abt the grades, Dr F didnt tell me also and it was angeline who told me mine was this and that and i was like ..har good or bad? that was the morning before ET. I think Dr F sees who to tell and who does. Maybe he thinks u are the sort that does not care too much abt details so he does not tell u.

he is like that sometimes.. i asked him my lining how (cos must report to TCM doc).. all he say is good.. wah no number given.
sad.gif
haha but he is nicer to some sisters here
happy.gif
[make me so jealous
happy.gif
]

<font color="0000ff">chrisl</font>, wah norway is far..all i can think of is u eating salmon
happy.gif
try cutting soya products - tofu, tau gay , soya milk and see how. of course can eat... once in a while not say everyday or every other day. the part of soya affecting male is v true. When i was preggie w boy one nurse also advise no soya or the boy's XX will be v small... wah then i drink only fresh milk cos scared.

is it easy to get free range or organic food there?

<font color="ff6000">hello sunny</font>! jia you babe!

hi<font color="119911">lena</font> -- there are 2 school of thots - one is to heck and live life as normal. another school is minimal movement -- as in light walking is fine.. but no heavy carrying of stuff and sit infront of sofa watch tv and sleep sleep sleep..can walk but slowly and short distace - like to toilet, to kitchen. No need CRIB cos blood need to circulate.

doc F will advise second school for minimal 5 days cos implantation wld have taken place.. so sometimes those who worked do go back work after 1wk.

if i were in ur pos -- i will skip USS and the korean food and do all these after the beta test ..cos korean food is always there and USS is always there.

Okie, understand,,, will guai guai stay at home then.. Haha.. Now trying to drink water.. Arrgh.. How to drink enuff such tt it's full yet not too much tat u feel like going to the toilet...

lena, PTL. How many embies do you have inside? I guess it's Day 3 embies?

Dr F told me not to get stressed out, don't press too hard when I need to poop, and just take it easy. I was also advised not to carry my toddler.

I also asked Dr F when will the embies likely to implant and he said Day X/Y (you got to ask him eh cos everyone is slightly different), so it is important to just rest in bed and no sudden movements before that time.

After ET, I went home and rested for 2 weeks. Atually the 2 weeks passed quickly as it was a good break from work for me. I just took it easy like a holiday - read, eat well, watch a couple of dvd sermons, watch Korean dramas, did some simple scrapbooking, read to my daughter when she is back from school etc.
Back at work, I missed my afternoon naps! :)

Hopefully, you have someone to take care of the chores and the cooking/food aspects.

Rest well and don't get too bored...God bless!

Hi Joie, ya I tsf 2 day 3 embies.. Will call dr f Tom n chk abt which day implantation would occurred.. Thanks! Time seems to crawl at the ward.. Juz hoping tt 530 faster come n I can go to the toilet proper.. Haha.. But I'm grateful for God's protection so fAr.. It seem juz y'day tt I was still contemplating to do ivf n now I'm already at the 2ww... God is gd

hi lena, take care and God bless....

hi Chrisl - wah.. ecological.. haha ... no worries even if not organic or free range just eat healthy... ya must cut ur chilli..i hate that thot too but i cut quite a bit and coffee...

i have 1 boy only.

Hiii sisters!!!

Hi Sunny!! Long time no see. Been a while since I last posted cos nothing much to update. And busy with life. Haha. How's everyone doing?

Welcome the new sisters whom I've never met, chrisl and lena.

chrisl- wow u stay so faraway..do u miss home? visit often?

lena- eat brazil ntu..i thinkg sunny was the one who told me last time n i rem i hardly eat cos hb dunno how to cook so i ate bb food ( really the bottle type) n i ate oat meal n drank the not so nice soup( hd just threw the meat in the crack pot) n it is not nice.... but no choice he was like telling just eat anything.. he dreaded my 2 ww cos he doesnt like to do hse work n yes dunno how to cook..

hi yve!

vanilla, how old is your boy?

chrisl, all the best to your appt tom!

trusting him, okie, will ask him to get the brazil nuts later..haha.. for me, coz all along hubz is the one who does the housework, so even with IVF, everything is kinda the same.. plus now that Joy is bigger, she helps with some of the chores too..hehe... feel that she's grown so much mature thru this IVF cycle..
happy.gif

now resting at home, my first day of my 2ww... bored ah...

hi Chrisl, when u see ur doc can ask when optimal to start... dont rush cos building and bu(ing) the body takes time 2-3 mths.

hi lena - he will be 3 v soon.. can watch scv/dvd.. i m chasing koreans dramas...too many and i no time.

lena - ur hb is a good SAHD.. my fren's hb also SAHD but his job scope is just taking care of boy...housework n cooking is maid doing.

for me i rather do everything myself cos more efficient, faster i know where is where what is what.. if my hb does it i get more stressed...haha...

i am teaching my boy how to do housework too.. now he knows how to wash his clothes.. my mum's house, he will pretend mop and sweep...packing toys 80% of the time he does it cos mummy always threaten to give them away if he does not put away properly.
happy.gif
i am a slave driver mum
happy.gif

Chrisl, I do enjoy scrapbooking but not much time for it usually. Did quite a bit of scrapbooking during my 2ww.

I hope you are enjoying Norway.. my memory of Norway is the fjords, cold, and just ridiculously expensive standard of living! I can buy almost a whole pizza in SG for 1 slice of pizza in Oslo

Lena, already bored? still 13 more days to go :)

hi chrisl - i think u and ur hb can talk and neg with the doc cos ultimately you are the one doing it and paying it.

Yes there is a doc who pioneered IVF in Spore and he and his wife took 11 tries to get a pair of twin boys.

I am not at any stage.. just kpo here cos me, TH and sunny and some other sisters are "pioneers" in this thread...we know each other since Y2007...

What a crazy work week i had! Aren't we glad that it's a Friday!

Chrisl, is the ivf covered by the generous medical benefits in Norway? Is that why the no. of tries are limited?

I used to spend some time in Sweden for my studies which is like ages ago! Pop by Norway to have a look and got a heart attack surviving on a student budget!! But I miss the eye candy ... Many cute blue blond eye boys and gals in my school in Sweden :) I always wonder how come they got all the good looking genes ...

Hi Yve, how was your Japan trip? You ate a lot of sashimi??

Vanilla, 3 is a really nice age.. The age they start to be more responsible n "adult".. Haha.. Not intending to hv another one thru ivf?

Joie, ya bored le... Haha.. But took a long nap after my last post thus no activity since then.. Haha.. N i dreamt abt my Korean BBQ.. Haha..tat I sneak out to eat.. Really going crazy..

Christl, I'm a self employed so not required to take leave.. I've nv been to Norway before but heard tt it's always quite cold.. So u met yr hubs there?

hi Chrisl, yup yup, take things easy. Dont worry about the number of tries, worry about it only if you get there. Who knows, you dont need to get there cos next try will succeed?!
happy.gif
Have faith ya?

Lena, PTL! You carried home 2 babies!
happy.gif
Ya, be guai and take things easy. Talk to God, talk to your babies .. the cycle i BFP, i talked to my babies everyday. Almost cut out 2 cartoon faces and paste on my tummy to talk to but didnt lah, just talk.

Vanilla, you are one supermum! Daytime so busy with work, nightime still do housework till wee hours! Take care ah! Yup yup, we all jia you together! Dont say you kpo, remember God made us a band of sisters, and there is a reason - for us to uphold one another!

Hi hi Yve!!! Where have you been?!! hehehe, good to 'see' you!
happy.gif

Joie, ya! I am always so glad its TGIF, time to regain sanity!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I wanted to post this originally in the IVF Support Group thread and stumbled upon this instead. Looks like the Holy Spirit must have prompted me to do so.

This is my story:

We tried for a baby for 5 years before we conceived our first girl naturally. After this, we experienced secondary infertility and just could not conceive no matter what we did. 5 years came and went and I was more barren than the Sahara Desert.

Finally, at the end of 2009, we decided to try for IVF because age was not on my side. This was a very very difficult decision because I was struggling spiritually to find that inner peace and assurance to go for this UN-natural procedure. Isn't God supposed to be the creator of life? Am I not replacing Him with one of the doctors? I struggled internally and had to deal with many emotional dilemmas raging within me. In the end, my desire for another child over-ruled all my other nagging thoughts.

During that time (in Dec 2009), my family had gone to Japan for a holiday. When we returned to Singapore, I realised that I had missed my period and God had answered my prayers! I was finally pregnant! I remember buying so many test kits to get myself tested just to make sure I didn't jump to wrong conclusions. Prior to this, a church leader had made a prophesy that I would have a child in 2010 so imagine my unspeakable joy when I found out that I was indeed pregnant in Dec 2009. During this second pregnancy, I was plagued by flu. Nevertheless, I clung onto the vision that I would have this child. The same church elder also claimed a few weeks later that God told him that I would bear a son. Unfortunately, the baby lost her heartbeat during the 8th week. One week, we saw her little heart pumping away on the screen and the next, it lay in my womb lifelessly. I had to undergo a D &amp; C to remove the baby. Though it was a short 8 weeks nurturing the little life in me, I had already formed a special bond with her. I cried buckets before the procedure and this surprised many of the nurses who kept telling me that this was common. That was not what I wanted to hear. What happened to the prophesy? Wasn't this baby meant to be? I didn't understand it? For 5 long years, I tried so hard to have another baby. I greeted every period with tears that I could only shed privately. Those friends whose children were my daughter's age had already gone on to their number 2s and here I was, pregnant one moment and filled with emptiness and bitterness the next. Notice that I mentioned that it was a baby girl and not a boy which was in the prophesy. Yes, I sent the fetus for testing and found out that it had chromosomal defects and so NATURE had spontaneously aborted the life. To me, this was a terribly cruel joke and not at all a natural occurence!

I sank into a terrible pit of depression for such a long time that my cell group members could do nothing to lift up my spirits. What really slowed down my recovery process was the very fact that someone had prayed and prophesied that I would hold a baby boy in my arms in 2010. It was very very difficult for me to reconcile with the fact that it was a prophesy that didn't come into fruition. Finally, I decided to go for IVF last year after my miscarriage.

My 1st cycle in July 2010 was an outright failure. I didn't even have to complete the 2WW for only 8 days after my transfer of 2 embryos, my period came. I cried so hard that I went to work with puffy eyes the next day. Of course, nobody knew that I had undergone the IVF procedure. I was too ashamed to share this with anyone.

Not wanting to give up, I went for the frozen embryo transfer in Oct. I didn't harbour too much hope for fear that this would be another failed cycle. I was hoping that the defrosted embryos would make it to Day 5 before the transfer but on Day 3, I was hauled to the doctor's office and the transfer was done.

Thank God that this frozen cycle was a complete success. I conceived last Oct and just delivered a healthy baby girl in June this year. She is a beautiful gift and I am so thankful that she is a girl because the last one that I lost was also a girl. I had prayed specifically for this baby to be a girl so that I could have some kind of a closure to the bad episode last year.

Yes, this sounds like a happy story with a wonderful ending but I have been wondering about the 13 frozen embryos in storage. I know at some point, I would have to discard them. Can't possibly implant all these in me. Moreover, at my age, (I'm approaching 40), I don't think I want to try for another child. This means that I would have to destroy all those innocent embryos.

I didn't think this would be such a huge issue until now because every time I look at my baby girl, I tell myself that she came from a frozen embryo. All my other embies could have been my the children that I never knew I would have. What would God say about this? Is this right?

Please tell me that I am not the only one struggling with these thoughts? I did wonder if I should go for another frozen cycle and try for number 3 so as not to waste the embryos but this doesn't seem like a logical practice because ultimately, I cannot afford to transfer all 13 of them.

Am I robbing the embies of their chance to be planted in my womb? Is this, crudely speaking, committing murder?

In moments like these, I wonder why God would put me through such trials and tribulations but I am truly thankful that I have got 2 wonderful children when medically it is impossible for us to conceive naturally because my dh has one of the worst sperm count/quality etc around.

Sorry for the ultra long post but thanks for listening. Hope to hear from the Christian sisters here. Nobody knows about this..not even my cell group members so you can imagine the lonely journey that I have been travelling these last six years...

Thanks so much and God bless...

Hi ladies, anyone experience cramping during the 2ww? Actually can't really differentiate bet cramps, belatedness or juz constipated.. Or juz simply thinking too much.. But juz light tolerable pain n not sure if I shld panic...

Lena~ i did have slight cramps and pulling feeling around womb area..and also constipated. Drink lots of water and take prune juice or prunes..helps a bit. Don't panic yet..how many days are you now after ET?

Christl, the weird thing today only day 3 leh... But yes I experience exactly like the symptom u describe. Will increase my intake of prunes ba

Lena, I had some light cramping during the 2ww. Just relax and it will be fine.

Eat fruits n veggies too to prevent constipation so u dun have to poo too hard.

Gabel, read your post. You have had a successful ivf/fet for your second kid.. PTL!

It's a real dilemma which you are in. I know some of the mummies in this thread has had a similar situation n they are continuing to freeze the embies. Maybe they can share their view with you. Donating it for research is also an option but if
you feel strongly abt your embies, it's a tough call.

Ultimately it's your decision n you must have the piece of mind after praying to reach the decision as you ultimately
will not be implanting all 13 embies or going through more cycles of fet.

lena
i had very bad cramps..like menstrual cramps during my 2 ww it feels like my menses was coming that i went for my blood test earlier cos i insist it was a gone case but well...it turned out to be twins...u can imagine my surprise..actually i was cramping so badly that i told hb that i will hurry home to cry n take mrt ( cos no pt lying in bed anymore... i also insist it was a gone case that i also took mrt to see the dr..but after i cound out it was positive i took a cab home)

in fact i was so sure it was a gone case that in the morning b4 i went to see the dr i kept scolding hb that he did not let me rest longer in bed thus it was -ve... well i did so hse chores

so hang in there lena

hello Gabel

u have the same sruggle like me... i tired no matter what also cant have... so finall ivf.. but i think if u find it tough to have another pregnancy.. maybe than the only wise thing is to let it go..

for me i told the dr i only want 1 egg n no injection so we had natural ivf..it was so painful that i regrettd doing natural ivf...went er but cant find any..so did ivf n told dr monitor my injection cos i dun want so many eggs...so ended up only 8 but 5 make it but eventually on day 5 only 2..

it is tough decision but it is relaly impossible to place 13..

hello Gabel

u have the same sruggle like me... i tired no matter what also cant have... so finall ivf.. but i think if u find it tough to have another pregnancy.. maybe than the only wise thing is to let it go..

for me i told the dr i only want 1 egg n no injection so we had natural ivf..it was so painful that i regrettd doing natural ivf...went er but cant find any..so did ivf n told dr monitor my injection cos i dun want so many eggs...so ended up only 8 but 5 make it but eventually on day 5 only 2..

it is tough decision but it is relaly impossible to place 13..

Hi trusting him, I also suspect gone case le.. N went to a g'day party y'day n church today! Haha.. Anyway will still b careful n walk minimally..

Yes hanging there n not giving up... Hehe.. But also not pinning too much hopes.. If hv, then it's gd.. Don't hv, then it's okie too... Rather b this way then keep thinking abt it n over stressing myself.. Hehe

Lena, hang in there!

Actually when I recently did my IVF, Dr F actually just 'hurried' me to transfer my remaining 3 embies on Day 2. I was quite concerned cos usually it will be a Day 3 transfer. But I left it in God's hands and He gave me peace during the 2ww.

I had some light cramping during the 1st week (it's normal!) and also constipation on the first 2 days too but I kept praying and claiming God's promises for my little embies. I also spoke to them and told them to 'behave' and implant properly :)

Still, take care and walk slowly! Dun get 'bumped' by people...

Saw this thread and felt compelled to share our experiences. Hubby and I had been trying to conceive since we got married 3 years ago, tried two cycles of IVF, both failed. But God has miraculously blessed us with a baby girl (natural conception) and we're anticipating her arrival in Jan
happy.gif

I do pray God will bless you all in your journey to start a family.

Hi ladies

i have been thru a big struggle recently but actually all the time.. esp when Christian friends that i have not met asked about my twins..

strangers like neighbours i will smile n say God's blessing but closer friends will just say anyone in your family with twinsn i say nope n they will look me at me whisper is it ivf?

well i try to be proud of them n say yup n they went on n say why you cant have bb? i thou u had your elder son naturally... n in public places they will ask me abt ivf not knowing my discomfort talking abt it..

i know by lying yes in the genes i clear all queries n awkwardness.. i think only mums with twins or triplets sure get this questions..

i am sure our bbs are definitely gift from God but it is still a struggle to face pple around me..

some people even ask me how u get twins tell me the secret..n they even want to know the secret abt boy gal twins.. nearly fainted..they say so good give birth1 time get 2 bbs...

come on it is lots of injection n frustraion n pain n $$$$$$$$$ n hi risk of premature bb... what so easy!!!??? but i can only smile n say yes not bad buy 1 get 1 free... hospital promotion on my birthday..

do anyone of you struggle..

i dun dare to tell a close friend who is presbyterian n very staunch n catholics colleagues/ friends..

recently dedicated bb to God in church n i felt so difficult i worried if pastor asked what should i say...

i actually went to alter call few yrs back for prayers for my natural ivf then... i told the pastor who is praying for me.. n i saw his face changed his uneasiness n say God grant this sister's heart desire... no mention abt the ivf process..

am i taking things into hands? i want to be able to tell my bb how special to us.. wiaitn 7 yrs for them..

will a nyone of u tell your bb they are ivf?

i told my coll who is a twin herself..she was asked in pri mary school ( way back in the 80s... n ivf still not been so well known) ..her classmate asked her if she is a test tube bb? she is of course natural..her mum has so many kids.. that she asked them what is test tube...? later then she know they askign her if she is a ivf bb..

i shared with nz n thistle...

n wonder what is all your take about ivf? will u tell or not..

just like adopted bb...

a bit down cos now i feel the whole world knew abt ours... went to a wedding on fri ( ex coll)...then one ex coll told me that my present coll is her church mate n told her abt my ivf... i did nt even tell many coll here ( some knew cos i went HL due the 2 ww) n the whole table was talking about my twins n how to get twins.. i was like can i bury my head under the table...

well i brave on n tell them they are God's gift cos arriver very early on birthday but of cos with a big lump in my throat... cos i wdr did i stumble the non christian one..

Back