Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi Joanne,

Ya, more & more 2008 baby.

Oh!!! I heard from my friend that they are going to move to a temp location & rebuild the present want.

Listing updated.

Year 2002
1. Dymples - Girl:Nov 02 (behind Lot 1)
2. KC - Boy: 02 (Blk 562)
3. Joanne - Girl

Year 2004
1. Dymples - Girl:Aug 04
2. Jo - Boy: May 04 (Blk 786)

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005
2. Jf - Girl : Dec 05

Year 2006
1. Cutebaby77 - Boy: May 2006 (Regent Grove)
2. Snowball32 - Girl : Oct 2006 (Regent Grove)
3. Jappooh - Boy: Feb 2006
4. sunny - gal: Jan 2006 (blk 785)
5. Serene - Boy: June 2006 (blk 789)

Year 2007
1. straqian - Boy : 07
2. duckeroo - Girl: Sept 07

Year 2008
1. Snowball - Girl: Apr08
2. Jo - Boy: May08
3. Jeraldin - Boy: Sep08
4. KC - Boy: Oct08
5. Dymples - Girl: Nov08
6. Jf - Girl: Dec08
7. Jacelyn - Boy: Jan 08
8. Jappooh - Boy: Dec 08
9. sunny - boy: feb 08
10. storeberry - boy: Aug 08
11. Ashley - boy: Apr 08
12. Joanne - Boy

Year 2009
1. Jacelyn - Girl: Oct09
2. duckeroo - boy: Oct

Hi cutebaby77

Ya DLS will be moving to a holding schl for 2 years at teck whye estate end of this year - part of upgrading fr btr facilities. I still do not have the bus arrangement details yet!

Hi all mummies!! Happy New Year.

My son will start school at Mulberry in March. We'll send him there and see how first.

@cutebaby77: May I know normally what time do you collect your son from school? Thanks!

Hi Jacelyn,

I saw banners on EduFarm providing enrichment classes. You can check it out.

Any mummies here with kids attending music classes at 3.5 yrs old? I am enrolling my DD1 with Music Wonderland by Yamaha. Wish to collect feedback if this music class is good?

Hi Mummies,

Hope I'm not intruding and that I can join this club? I stay near the CCK stadium and I got a son born in Sep 08. Would like to make some friends with mummies staying in the area and maybe we can have arrange a playdate some days? : )

Also, can anyone provide some recommendation of a 2hr playgroup? I have been to Tumble Tots and Tulip Montesorri. Thought that Tulip Montesorri is pretty good with the extensive toys and it's cleanliness, except that I thought the fees are abit ex. Would appreciate if there is any parent out there that send their kid to this Centre to provide your feedback? Thanks.
BTW, we cant claim for the government grant if we send our kid to the 2hr playgroup class right? It's applicable for only childcare?

@cutebaby77: My husband will send and fetch him from school. He is not 2 yet, dun think the school bus will accept toddler, normally school bus age limit is 3 years old, am I right?

@snowball: Is the yamaha school at Limbang? Sorry don't have any experience to share with you yet. Please give us feedback after your DD1 attend. Is it a keyboard class or just a kind of music appreciation class?

@ JP: One thing i dont like about Tulip is that it's just next to the rubbish collection point. I think subsidy is only for childcare.

Thanks Ashley. The Centre is fully air-con so what is the concern if it is near the rubbish collection point? thanks for sharing

Hi Ashley,

I enrolled my DD1 for the Music Wonderland class (for 3.5-4yrs). This is more of a music appreciation class. It is 45 min per session. Class starting in Apr 10. Will share with you on this class.

Hi JP - The childcare subsidy is for childcare use only. PG not entitled to the subsidy. Yes, Tulip Montesorri is expensive. For the fees you are paying for daily classes, the fees is quite close to CC fees (after subsidy).

cutebaby77

Remember previous we were talking about our boy being good friend, I think they are now cos my boy keep mention to me about your son. Recently have some plan to get a full time job but cannot make up my mind yet, worried cannot cope with work, my boy, dinner and housework. Can share how you plan your time?

JP

I withdraw my boy from Tulip after a year cos I find the fee to expensive and the school concentrate too much on Chinese lesson. Most of the time its the Chinese teacher who conduct the lesson. I find my child not learning much in other area and subjects. If you want your child to have a good foundation in Chinese, you can consider Tulip.

Hi Serene,

Good to hear that your DS has recovered and settled well into CC.

You may 1 to consider getting a part-time maid to help out with housecleaning.

For dinner, my colleagues whom do not hv maids invest in Thermal Cookers to do cooking. They basically cook soup or do stews with the Thermal cookers and cook rice when they go home.

For me, we are holding on to our maid, perhaps till her contract ends mid next yr. By then, my gals are older at K1 and N1. We will likely get a part-time maid to help out with housework and I will get 2 thermal cookers to cook dinner.

Hi Serene,

Ya, nowdays i also did heard my son mentioned your son name too. I think they should be in the same group or partner together.

For me, i get a part-time maid to do all housework weekly. Beside that after work i'll mop once co's everyday the floor is very dusty. Wondering why........., somemore i didn't open window at all.

Dinner wise, mostly my mum will cook one soup with full of ingredients or sometime will eat at the food court. As what Snowball said, i also considering to buy a thermal cookers.

Hi Snowball,

Since we stay nearby, wondering will your house floor also so dusty everyday?

I heard from my colleague said that, food can't leave in the thermal cookers more then 8hrs, is it true?

Hi Cutebaby,

I am staying in Tower B #04. 2 of my bedrooms are facing the Carpark. , the floor can get quite dusty. Think its from the carpark?

Thermal Cookers basically have a outer layer of covering that works like a thermos flask, to hold heat. The heat from the inner pot is trapped when placed into the outter pot. The heat retention is about 8hrs. Hence, usually gotta heat up the inner pot to get hot food or add ingredients.

But, 8hrs is good enough to do stews or cook soup. My colleagues commented that soups brewed from thermal cooker is very tasty. Think she also put lotsa ingredients inside lah.

Hi Snowball,

Might be co's they're alot of cars coming in/out.

I also find it not bad co's when cooking don't need to see whether the soup got over flow or not. Actually it's very amazing, usually thing cook then will be tasty but now use heat yet can be so tasty too.

Btw, when we want to put into the pot do we need to cook the meat been cooked?

Thanks for the comment on Tulip. Well, I thk the fee is also ex considering that I think they probably have lesson for only 1hr15mins for the 2hr playgroup. When I went there recently at 12pm ( class start at 10:30am ), the toddlers were starting to get ready to sit around the table for their snacks. I didnt see any other activity ( except at one point, one of the teacher was singing a song to the kids )from then until the parents come and pick them up at 12:30pm. When I tried to ask the principal for more information on the day to day activity, she wasnt very clear which gives me an impression that they may not be that structured. N when I ask if the school share with the parents what the child do ( since Toddler cant talk ) so I can at least incorporate some of the learning at homes, she told me that they dont do that but they do give parents a quarterly update. I'm not very impressed, given that the fees are pretty ex...

Cutebaby and Snowball,

Thanks for the info on thermal cooker. Can we only cook soup or stew with it?
The 8 hours means that you must take out your food after 8 hours since the time you put it in the thermal cooker? Or is it 8 hourse since the time it is cooked?

Let say morning before going to work you put the food in, if you reach home more than 8 hours later, is it ok?

Just got a job offer at Beach Road and working time is from 9am to 6pm. Still comsidering if i should take up the job, cos by the time i reach home will be after 7pm. Worried my DS will have late dinner and by the time after showering and clearing up the dish, I may not have time to spend with my DS. In the past I have maid to handle housework but recently I just sent her back, tired of all the maid trouble.

cutebaby77
Can I have the part time helper contact no? How long has she been working for you?

JP
Yes that's what I experience when my son is in Tulip. For the past one year, I do not really know what he is learning. Everyday I have to check with him what is he doing in school but sometime he do not really know how to reply me. Furthermore I realised the principle is always not present and the children are left with the China teacher.

Hi Cutebaby77/ Ashley,

There is a website on thermal cookers' cooking which provides cooking tips using thermal cookers. I saw this link when I was browsing thro' the threads in this forum.

Basically, it is boiling water and throw all ingredients to be cooked into the inner pot while water is boiling on the stove. After letting it boil for about 20 - 30 min, put inner pot into outter pot of thermal cooker and cover it. That's it, stew or soup is ready when you are back from work. For fresh ingredients like fish and prawns, you may like to add when you re-boil your stew/ soup as these are easily cooked.

My colleague even used it to cook barley water which she says the barley water taste great at end of the day.

I have not used one myself yet, but, this is what I gathered from friends/ colleagues/ this forum
happy.gif

My colleague even used it to cook barley water which she says the barley water taste great at end of the day.

Hi Serene,

Yes, agree with you that it will be a tough decision to go back to work. Did you consider taking up part-time job like working from 9am to say 3pm so that you have time to pickup your DS and also cook dinner?

Frankly speaking, I am looking at this option if we really send our maid back and my MIL returns to her own place. I am thinking to discuss with my boss that I leave office everyday at 4.30pm (8.30am -4.30pm) and take about 20% paycut for the next 2 yrs until my DD1 settles into P1. But, do not know if he is agreeable to this arrangement.

Hi Serene,

Sorry, my part-time maid is a half retirement lady, she's at her mid 50s. She just work for 2 household. She work for me since my son is 6 mths old.

Hi Snowball,

Seen thermal cookers' quite convenience. If you going to buy one, what brand will you consider?

Wondering, having a maid is it really very inconvenience?

Hi Serene,

You can try Starmaid which is an agency providing part-time maids for home cleaning.

Hi Cutebaby77,

Highly recommended is the Shuttle Chef. My colleague bought the Tiger brand which she says is also good.

Maid - If you employ 1, you have to be prepared to live with Maid's problem, esp when they finished repaying their loan. They will start to find ways and means to get what they want - Off-day, HP, freedom, etc....

hi all, am quite new to this thread.

the more i read the more confused i get abt where to send my boy. sigh at first i tot kinderland @ lot 1 nt bad. but reading how the principal handle the situation makes me think twice. am trying to arrange to view the below schools based on positive feedback here: amazing star montessori, mmi@ten mile and mulberry. this thread is so rich with information and i am glad to find this thread and interact u mummies
happy.gif

Listing updated.

Year 2002
3. Joanne - Girl

Year 2004

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005

Year 2006

Year 2007

Year 2008
12. Joanne - Boy
13. mushloom - boy: march 08

Year 2009
3. mushloom - boy: Dec 09

thanks cutebb actually still cant decide between a cc or juz those 3h skoo. coz now nt sure if fil can help to look after #1. if can then prob will juz go for 3h skoo otherwise will be cc.

juz now spoke to someone from mulberry. hee so animated and passionate. makes me feel like sending my boy there oredi. keke. have fixed appt this sat to go see see look look

Hi Mushloom,

I feel that CC can learn more things then 3 hrs study.

So far i'm very happy with Mulberry co's i can see my son did progress well & teacher updates parent weekly.

Hi Mushloom,

Welcome onboard...hurray! Another 2008 baby.

I agree with Cutebaby that kids will learn more from CC. I have placed both my DDs in fullday CC now. For my DD2, she is in CC since Jan (at 21 mths). She has learnt how to self-feed and she can now finish her meal on her own
happy.gif

I am happy with Mulberry too. Today is second day of my son at school. So far so good.
Yesterday aka first day, I stayed with him until about 9 am, after he finished his breakfast I left. Fetched him back after his lunch, at around 12pm.

Today I just brought him there and said goodbye. Just now I called the teacher at 12 plus, she said my boy had finished lunch and was sleeping. Well, I'm impressed!!

Keep my fingers crossed.

@ cutebaby77: my experience with maid has been so good. Too bad she must go back home. Because of all the horror reviews, I dont dare to look for another one though. So now settle my son into full day childcare and getting my parents to help.

Hi Mushloom, welcome, I'm very new too.

I have just sent my boy to Mulberry. If your elder son joins, they will be in the same group he he.

By the way, I met this boy named Colin Soh (he introduced himself to me lolz) very very cute. Dunno whether his mum is in our club or not. He is sooo cute he asked for my name and kept talking to me. Then helped my boy to pick up toys too. Smuack.

hee ashley think i saw ur boy today. hee he was nt wearing the uniform yet is it? coz today i went down to mulberry to view the area and the teacher mentioned that one child juz came in yesterday.
happy.gif

i was quite impressed with the school environment. clean and neat. but somehow when i was there at 3 plus the kids were like idling not doing anything leh. one class kids (PG) drinking water then another group getting ready for swimming enrichment and another doing silent reading i suppose. but curriculum wise, i don think they teach phonics specifically until late n2 or k1. they do have a set of readers but it is only exposure.

i also went to amazing star at 511 today. i really like their curriculum. but the place was kinda stuff coz it is non-aircon. my boy is aircon bb so don think he can survive in that area and tink his heat rash sure will come fast n furious there.

so waiting to go n view mmi at ten mile this sat before i decide. i like that they have pm session for half day. coz morning i can take care of my boy. i juz need cc to take care in the afternoon nia. too bad the rest all half day oni in morning, otherwise i wont be in such dilemma liao.

I have bad experience with maids and have trying to put up with them for nearly 3 years, no matter how much experience they have, there's always problem. Nowadays they are here to enjoy life rather than a heart to work. Now trying to make do without one.

Snowball
Thanks for the recommendation, will call them to check for details. I did consider taking up job with shorter working hours, but so happen that this job doesn't have this kind of working hours and furthermore the journey to and from work took about 3 hours in total and my DS has wake up at 6:30am and be in CC by 7:30am and have his dinner earliest at 8pm. This job is related to my studies and offer a high pay, if don't take up afraid by the time my DS has grow up, may not be able to take up such an offer. That's why now have to weight between career and the growing up of my DS.

Welcome mushloom

I also agree that in CC there's more things for the child to learn rather than keeping them at home watching TV and idling around. So far I'm very impressed with Mulberry cos the school really make an effort to inform us happening in school and what our child is learning and doing.

hi mummies, are there any reliable infant care or childcare in cck? my elder boy is in learning ladder but they only take in from 3yo. tinking of where to put my dd.. she's only 4 mths old now but wanted to start her earlier else i can't return to workforce...

have maid but dun trust her to take care.. agree there are so many problems with maid. getting a new one next wk as this experienced one asking to go back.

Hi Mushloom, yesterday my son already wore his uniform
happy.gif
I think the school has quite a few new students this week.

@ littledot: how is learning ladder? we wanted to put our son there last time, but my husband doesn't like the admin lady there, lolz. For infant care, you can check with Agape or Cambridge at Limbang.

oh then maybe is other mummy ba...

ya how is learning ladder? heard from my coll quite gd but haven go down and take a look

Hi Littledot,

I read from other threads that My 1st Skool IFC is not bad, but, think queue quite long also.

My DDs are with Agape CC, they do not have IFC.

Hi Ashley,

Good to hear that your son is adapting well into CC. You will have peace of mind liao
happy.gif

Hi Mushloom,

I heard that MMI @ ten-mile junction got good feedback also.

Hi Serene,

It is always a dilenma for working mothers. sighhh...For me, workplace is about 20 min drive. We send our DDs to CC in the morning by 7.30am and go to work. Knock-off ard 5.30 - 6pm and fetch them back. Dinner is at ard 6.30 - 7pm.

I tugged them to bed latest by 10pm, so, we also do not have much time to spend with them.

hi mummies, tks for suggestion, where is Ado playhouse and my first skool?

hi ashley and mushloom, yah the admin lady very fake, thankfully, the teachers are not like that at all. i just try to avoid contact with her as much as poss.. there was mass exodus of 5-6 teachers end of last yr, and heard fr another parent is becoz of the admin

i like the school environment, as in having a big "canteen" where they have meals, fairly big playground etc. so kids are not couped up in aircon all the time. but the school is not very academic, at least for playgroup/nursery. so if you want your child to be reading and writing by 3yo, shldn't send there. they focus more on play, school/learning readiness, art/craft etc, not so much on reading and writing. my ds is happy there so i'll just leave him there unless there's a reason to change.

i heard mmi at 10mile is quite academic but i havn't checked it out.

does mulberry have infantcare?

Hi all mummies,

I happen to chance upon this thread..Can I join? ;p
Actually not staying in CCK now(but my mum is, i grew up there), now looking for CCK flat, as we plan to send our boy to bukit panjang primary sch.(I old girl there)

hope to make some friends here;)

I have updated the list

Year 2002
3. Joanne - Girl

Year 2004

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005
3. Veron - boy: Dec 05

Year 2006

Year 2007

Year 2008
12. Joanne - Boy
13. mushloom - boy: march 08
14. Veron - Girl : Aug 08

Year 2009
3. mushloom - boy: Dec 09

hi snowball32, thanks!! I'm very happy to find this thread, cos alot of information of childcare ;) ..i love CCK area, Lot1 has 'grown' a lot over the past years.

btw, does mulberry has a website? cannot find leh.. which block is it huh? ;0

Hi Mushloom,

How is your CC search so far? So far, I know only Amazing star provides 1/2 day programme for kids. Most CC in this area planned for fullday prog. That is why we decided to let both our DDs attend fullday CC instead of 1/2-day programmes. So far, we are glad that we made this decision
happy.gif

For my DDs' CC, they started teaching Phonics from N1 and start reading program from N2 onwards. My DD1 now knows all the 26 alphabets and their sounds. I have started to teach her how to read. So far, she has built a vocabulary of about 40 words which she is able to read at sight.

hi any idea how much are mulberry schoolfees?

learning ladder full day fees are $582.75 after
$300 subsidy...

seems like no infantcare svcs at yew tee side where i am hor? really bu fangxin to leave baby alone with maid.. prob changing maid this wkend...

Back