Choa chu kang mummy club

hi mommies...
are u all SAHM? if no, do u leave ur kid(s) with nanny or with the maid? is it a good idea to leave baby with maid at home when both parents are at work? safe or not ah? i am contemplating to get a maid to take care of bb when i return to work.

missysz

think if you have a choice, better not to let the kids be alone with the maid. Better when someone is around with both the maid and baby.

my baby is with my mum during the day with the maid too...

gemini, thanks for your reply. ya, i share the same sentiment. dont fee safe to leave baby and maid alone but my MIL doesn't wish to resign from her job...so even if we get a maid, the maid will be alone with my baby in the morning till MIL returns to work at 2 plus in the afternoon.. thats why i am thinking whether it's better to get nanny or maid? nanny also no recommendations so far and also don't know if they can be trusted. hee...

thanks Emily and Hwee! I am a FTWM...got to work on some weekends...but i hope to be able to help and join in the gathering...

missysz...i agree with gemini19...better get someone reliable to look after your baby...if not you cant 'fang xin' when you return to work...

missysz
sometimes its easier said than done. its not easy to find someone reliable to look after baby. i also left my baby with my maid when i returned to work. of course, there were lots of worries but i had no choice then. anyway, now my MIL takes care of my boy and my maid and since gone back.

best scenario is to let your mum or MIL take care of the baby. then again, dun think all maids are not reliable. i have frens who let maid take care of their children.

if you really have no choice, then you can source for infant care or nanny. if you intend to let the maid or nanny take care, then you have find one soon and monitor her before you go back to work. the maid or nanny and baby need time to get used to each other.

Hi Emily,

envious envious, your kids are big. Can relax abit already.

Yep hwee my gal is born on 2 Jan 07.

Would like to join in gatherings if time permits.

hwee: now ok liao. fever for almost 1 wk
all family kanna. my hubby & 2 kids also down
all zombie that wk hahahahaha

waiting for me to organise? might organise a gathering at my hse on 21st jun
how abt that?

emily, hey i found where got sell the chocolate box mould in spore
currently out of stock. u interested?

i'm logging in here before leaving for malacca...

serene
u got the picture of the mould? my kitchen is almost exploding with bakewares...hee

blursotong
though more relax but now worry more about their education

missysz
i'm a FTWM

hi all mummies,

I letting go a blouse that I bought (wrong size for me), any mummy interested?

1479174.jpg
1479175.jpg

emily, dun have leh
coz no stock so havent buy yet
me too. my cupboard full of baking utensils
tat sanrio 3d jelly mould i still havent use leh. hehehehe

emily, my bro's family was also in malacca with the chruch...dun know was it for the same retreat....they are from st james st margret church at dover....which church are u from?

CaraMum
my church is Grace Assembly of God, where Grace House Kindergarden is...along Bt Batok West Ave 4...my retreat was in Equatorial hotel...

Meow
This week is the last week for parents to bring their kids for holiday....i guess that's why so quiet..haha

Serene
Sorry I miss ur msg....ya, I also haven't use my HK jelly mould yet leh

hi serene, emily, meow...the 21 june gathering no more? i am not working that day...thought it will be a chance join in the gathering...

hi all...i am starting my boy at Little Pals (blk 505) for playground class for the new school term...anyone sending your kids there?

Hi all,

I m new to this thread, i have a 20mth gal, pls update mi u have any upcoming activites. Tks.

Hi Onikonik,

Can i have the contact to Little Pals, will be interested to send my gal there. Tks.

For those who are keen since its near to our place:
SINGAPORE RACECOURSE
Thursday, 19 June 2008, 5pm till 9pm, grandstand level 1 & 2
Join us for an evening of fun and laughter for the whole family!
HIGHLIGHTS:
Picture taking with "Kung Fu Panda" mascot Po
Trailer of Kun Fu Panda
Participate in Kung Fu Panda colouring contest and win Kellogg's Hampers and Kung Fu Panda premiums
Pat a horse and photo taking with the club horses
Tae Kwan Do and Kick boxing performance
Trial gallops of horses
Games and food stalls galore, plus free balloons and many more

meow
19 June...that's this evening leh...aiyo so rush

gemini and jacelyn
sorry to inform u, regarding to chiffon cake demo, i think i want to take a break for a while....till my baking mood come back again..

hi mommies, i am looking for a babysitter who is willing to take care of my baby when i return to work after my maternity leave. preferably someone who stays in CCK or teck whye area or anywhere near the above mentioned areas. please kindly recommend if you have any lobangs or your babysitter may have friends or neighbours who are interested. My EDD is Aug. Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

Yo mummies
Long time no chat in this thread. As usual I packed with activities then neglect my fellow friends in CCK. Now everyday only skype hwee niah. No MSN in office somemore.

Missysz
Get a helper depends on how comfortable you are to leave with baby. If you worried a lot then dun, will affect you at work.

Me use nanny for my son's first 2 years, then move to cc. Now I just got a helper and will be pulling him out and send to mum place. My husband says even when my mum bring my gal to take school bus, the whole village including my helper and son has to go down. At no one time should helper left alone with my son or any child.

If you keen to use my ex baby sitter in my block, you can email me at [email protected]. Will get her to call and you view her directly.

emily, yah me 2. guess we always buy & store until 4get to use it

oinkoink, sorry sorry
was quite busy lately
rushing out some stuff for my bussiness trip

meow: i busy to organise open hse. u can help me mah. c nowsaday i seldom login liao. so abit diff to catch up

currently me intend to organise a family cruise trip. interested party on the list at the moment is nutnutts, jess & funkymom. Still pending coz i still havent got the x to go check out the price etc
anyone interest let me noe
all r welcome to join us!

ok as for the house gathering, when ur'all prefer?
let vote!
29 Jun(Sun) or 5 Jul(Sat)

Serene,
You want me to track for you ah? Seems like both days i can't make it leh.
When is the cruise? Not cheap leh....child also cal as same price of adult lor no rebate leh, not really worth lor, then the young ones still so young, can't even eat leh. I guess that's more for funkymom and myself. Rslier can take solid food le ah? Unless you gals means not bringing the younger one. I remember the last i went was to Pulau Redang, the cruise was basically all indians on it, so sianz lor. Their smell is very where...eeks

serene
the dates are too soon for me...the previous cruises i was on were from tasmania to melbourne, NZ's milford sound...the buffets were memorable....but activities wise....too boring for me...'cos i dun gamble

hi all
anybody have travelled with CTC travel agency before? or ANA first choice holiday? i would like to know how's their service...i'm thinking of booking hokkaido tour with either of them....my last japan tour with chan bros was not very pleasant...esp. during the period before departure

chickenlittle, i've dropped u a mail. please check when you are free. thanks a lot.
happy.gif
ya, its really not safe to put an infant with a helper but if really can't find a nanny then i guess i am left with no other choice.

Emily
Try JTB, i feel they are better when it comes to tour in Japan.

Missysz
Have replied you. Hope my ex nanny is suitable for you. As for helper, if you realli have no choice hor , have to find one now, observe and do spot check and make sure she is one you can truely leave your baby in her hands. I oso have fren who leave baby alone with helper lah. some are realli good

Thanks Chicken Little for the recommendation.
I just called them up. From the way the saleaperson answered my queries, I can tell they are very professional.

Dear all,

I'm new here & would like to get some advice from all of you. Have anyone of you send your kids to the following childcare centre for playgroup:

1) Agape Student Care @ Yew Tee Blk 632A
2) Tulip Montessori @ Yew Tee Blk 624
3) Wharton Junior Academy @ CCK Complex

Is their centre good in teaching, service, patience to kid, food...etc

Really need advice from all of you co's I want to send my 25 mths son to playgroup. Co's I have a bad experience before so now would like to get more info.

Thanks for all of your advice.

Love,
Carol

meow: dates can set again if all cant make it.
i think most properly have i cant make it until i come back liao
me will be awhile in 1.5wk time
will be out of town for 1 whole wk
will miss my kid....sob sob

Mummies,

Do you all experienced irregular menstration after child birth? I am having irregular menstration after child birh. Keep delaying for a week then i have not menstrate for the month of jun! Sould i see doctor or its just part of recoving after child birth...

Jacelyn
Mine started from 5th month though I was still bf then. Then later on the cycles are hay wire 20,25,28,30 days cycles so I could not even catch when exactly it is coming. You may like to monitor for up to 6 months. Stress can cause menstruction to stop too. So far ok with looking after baby ?

Chicken Little,

Now i am coping fine with my boy. But so sad to look at my face in the miirror. Cos out of a sudden these 2 months i have alot of out breaks on my face make me look so ugly, Till i see chinese physician for help and go facial every fortnightly. Haiz... Now the pimple have subside about 50% but have alot of scars.... I feel tat after my delivery i dun like to dress up liao cos lost confidence with my face not my figure cos i go back to pre preggy size. Now not having menses for the month of jun!!! Just dunno wad is happening to mE!!
sad.gif

Shorty,
Me also have irregular menses even now when my boy is already 1yrs. It jus lasted too long...more than 7days and the stains wont get away. Maybe i need to see doc too

Jacelyn
Good that you are coping fine with your boy. Did chinese physician explain what happen ? Could be some changes in the body that is causing the outbreak ? Dun get upset , ha ha I never go back to pre-preggy size ha ha this should make you feel better

Baby show
My boy outgrown liao. So this year which princess and prince are joining ?

Meow,

Think you should see doctor....

Chicken Little,
Doctor says its probably due to my hormones are very active oil glands so my pores get blocked easly then cause me to have pimples... Every week i spent $100 on the TCM medication and $60 for facial every 2 weeks.... sad!!!!

Jacelyn
I see. take care

Gemini
usually annual contest at yew tee cc. Last year axler champion and rslier oso top 3 right

Back