Choa chu kang mummy club

jacelyn
dun get too stressed up....my girl now 2 years old also cannot sleep if didn't see maid....last sunday, my maid went off day...my daughter as usual dun want to sleep cos maid not ard, but she was very tired and keep crying but refuse to sleep....i also feel so helpless.

CaraMum,

Are you a wking mummy? I am sure you knw wad's my feeling like for yesterday. Tat's y sometime i really wonder does the child knws who is mummy or not? Then the maid knw that oh, if i am not around the child needs me and not sure they will try anything funny or not! Haiz, so many things to worry being a mummy.

i can understand how u mummies feel...but don't stress yourselves too much....i know we tend to feel guilty or even angry for not having more bonding time with our babies/kids than our maid or caregiver (MIL or mother)...

i'm staying with my in laws and have a maid too

yes I'm working, at time I also feel really sad when my daughter prefer the maid to the mum...and my maid also knows that i get upset abt it so sometimes when the maid is naughty she will purposely use my daughter's affection for her to make me feel lousy.

that's why i try my best to spend time with my daughter...but must really watch over the maid cos the maid can teach the child all sorts of things that are not right.

Caramum,

All of us have different sets of worries. Now my son is still young so i am afrid tat the maid is so close to bb and in future he will cling to the maid not me. Weekends i will try to look after him myself weekdays after i reach home pat him to slp. Btw yest i managed to make my son drink milk. May be the maid is also standing beside me so bb think tat is maid feeding him tat's y he drink. Nwae i will try harder...

as long as we spend time with them like during weekday evenings and weekends, they will eventually know who their mother is.

Jacelyn and Caramum
dun worry too much. baby is young so will normally stick to main caregiver. after they are older, they'll know who their mummy is. just try and spend as much time with them as possible for now.
happy.gif

now my boy is sooooo sticky until i cannot leave him with anyone else if i wanna go out. sigh!

Hi ladies,

glad to have found this thread. I am staying around blk 69xx and have a little gal. Can i join u guys in this thread?

Jacelyn and Caramum

I'm in the same situtation. Having so many problems with my maid also. Now trying to get a replacement maid.

blursotong
My family like dumplings so i made any effort to do it myself...otherwise, buying from outside will be very expensive esp. during this period of time...afterall it's only once a year.
As for baking, I'm slowing down now.

meow,
did i quote you wrongly....sorry for the mistake

gemini,
r u the one who says coming to the cake demo...signs of me getting old
i usually make nonya dumplings...becos i like the winter melon

emily,
its ok, maybe you were busy so type fast lah...
happy.gif

Hey anyone wants to look for the figurines i have on the cake? I found the supplier cos i missing my piglet mah. They're giving me 20% discount for the toy. The toy comes with a playdough and stamper. The figurines are detachable from the stamper. It cost $6.90 per toy, a set has 6 figurines pooh, piglet, eeyore, tigger, rabbit and kanga&roo

Hi,
I'm new in this thread.
Am sourcing for playgroup for my boy when he's 18mth. Currently he's coming 15mth.
Any recommendation? Preferably around cck ave 4/5 coz easier for MIL to sent & pick him up.

blursotong,
No Barney, they only have disney princess (Cinderella, Belle and Aurora).

Gemini/playkeen,
Yeah have to get in a set. Loose ones they only left with Kanga&roo and Rabbit. Manage to get them at $5 per piece now....only left with 8 sets now.

Mummies,
Anymore gatherings coming up? I havent meet up with any new mummies till now except Hwee leh.
sad.gif
But hor, my kids keep rotating getting sick till i also get "sick" of it already...now Child sick leave only left 3 days till end of the year

i volunteer to book the function room or BBQ pit... the recent BBQ session with my friends was fun.... i could not get enough of it...
let's have potluck session... anyone can propose a date?

Emily,

forgot to add 1 more thing...regarding the purchase of japan rail pass, u can buy from these places.

ASIA
JAL overseas offices
Sale of Exchange Orders is limited to passengers on JAL Group flights.
Country Office Address Phone
SINGAPORE JAL SINGAPORE 16 Raffles Quay #03-01, Hong Leong Bldg., SINGAPORE 048581 TEL 62210522

ANA overseas offices
SINGAPORE ANA Singapore 80 Robinson Road, #18-01, Singapore TEL 6323-4333

JTB Corp.'s authorized travel agents
SINGAPORE JTB Pte. Ltd. (Singapore) 77 Robinson Road, #10-02A, SINGAPORE 068896 TEL 6320-5310
FAX 6535-3823

SINGAPORE JTB Pte. Ltd. TRAVEL-SALOON ( IN TAKASHIMAYA) 391A Orchard Road #04-02, Takashimaya S.C. Singapore 238872 TEL 6735-2345
FAX 6735-7871

SINGAPORE PRIME TRANSPORTATION PTE LTD. (Singapore) 16 Raffles Quay #B1-14D Hong Leong Building, SINGAPORE 048581 TEL 6221-4250
FAX 6226-7293

SINGAPORE BIGS Holiday Private Ltd. (Singapore) No.1 Rochor Canal Road #03-22 Sim Lim Square, SINGAPORE 188504 TEL 6338-1333
FAX 6338-8729

SINGAPORE PACIFIC ARENA PRIVATE LIMITD SINGAPORE Price Breaker 6 Raffles Boulevard #01-222 Marina Square S (039594) TEL 65-6317-2888
FAX 65-6339-9122

KINTETSU International's authorized travel agents
SINGAPORE Prime travel&Tours pte.Ltd. 16 Raffles Quay #B1-14D Hong Leong Building Singapore Tel: 65-6221-4250

JALPAK Group's authorized travel agents
SINGAPORE JALSelect Tour Desk Creative Tours (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Singapore Office 16 Raffles Quay #01-01 Hong Leong Building, Singapore, 048581, SINGAPORE TEL 65-6221-4812

FAX 65-6221-4798

Emily,
I prefer someone's place leh...function room is big but nothing to entertain the kids wor....right?? If someone's place hor, least the kids can play together or what ever lah....if need i can bring paint for the kids to play too
happy.gif

Meow,
There were about 10 kids in my previous BBQ session. They played in the playground while other kids swam in the pool with their parents watching.

CaraMum
Thanks for the info. I intend to go Japan in Dec, mainly to accompany my parents. The last time I went with Chan Bros Travel.

Caramum, Emily
Nice meeting up! we can catch up for coffee or tea again.
happy.gif

Emily
BBQ sounds good. let's see when we should do it.
happy.gif

Meow
wa, i'm the last 'new' person you met? i'm 1 yr old liao hor.... hee hee....

Hwee,
Not yet 1yr old...not lantern festival yet remember
happy.gif

Emily,
Dunno leh cos our kids are below 4yrs for some of us, so must get something to occupy them especially for those less than 2yrs one

Meow
wow! you really got keep track of timings....hee hee..... but ya lor, so fast hor, almost one yr lei. this yr still going to meet for lantern festival or not? hee hee.....

ya, those younger kids are more difficult to keep occupied. they will run all over the place!

hi...i have a 2 1/2 yr old boy and stay at bt panjang...would like my boy to meet and play with new friends...i am also interested to make new friends too...can i join the cck mummy club?

Meow
ya...I overlooked the needs of kids at this age group. I sometime help out in my church preschool class (for ages 3 - 6). I notice kids age 3 and below usually enjoys playing with toys (lots of them).

Jacelyn
I'm very 'tam jiak' and I don't want to pay extra to eat dumpling during this festive period...so I make loh....I wish I can organise a dumpling makan session for CCK mummies club here...but I dun have enough to go around :p

oinkoink
welcome!

Emily

Thanks for the offer. heehee, I very greedy one, dun mind if you have extra
happy.gif

Meow,

I'll give it a miss.

Thanks blursotong, nice meeting you too. Your kid is also very cute
happy.gif

Emily
we can have dumplings with other food la. i cannot make dumplings but i can make cookies for the kids.
happy.gif

welcome oinkoink!

hi mommies,
this is my first post in this thread. i'm a mom-to-be who stays at yew tee.
i am trying to look for a good and reliable nanny when i return to work after my maternity leave. any recommendations please? TIA!

Hwee,
You forget the photos we took last year already meh? Dunno this year got a lantern gathering or not leh

Emily,
Most of the CCK mums i know their second child is like mine only 1yrs old or below leh...so a function room is quite empty to occupy them unless there's toys. Unless got TV, some will sit there and watch...like my gals keke

Blursotong,
My gal is 3yrs and son is 1yrs

Oh hwee your boy is the same as my gal. Mine is 17+ months old.

Meow, the age gap between your kids very good.

Did anyone of you send your kids to the Star Tots Playgroup at blk 685C? I am thinking of putting my girl there when she hits 2 yrs old next year. Have to start registering her in the nearby playgroups as I have realised that most of it are full. Our neighbourhood is a very young one.

meow: wah darryl's cake look pretty

wah i mia. was on long mc
kanna fever up to 39 degree
sad man

so when's our nxt gathering

emily, wah dumpling
my mum just make last wk

blursoting
my kids are 11, 8 and 6 yrs old. they're girl, girl, boy

hwee
i'll be in Malacca from 9 - 13 Jun (next week)...cannot make it for dumpling and other food gathering liao...this weekend got to start packing

missyxz,
welcome!

blursotong
so i gues yr gal is 07 jan baby? mine is a dec 06 baby.

serene
you ok liao bo? fever no joke hor. the kids are ok?

waiting for you to organise next gathering lei...
happy.gif

Emily
looks like our food party have to be another day le....

Back