Chinese Playgroup Once or Twice a week for 2 years old in the East

qpclaire

Hi,

My girl is 22 months and i am thinking of putting her in a Chinese playgroup/enrichment class, those 1-2 hours with parents accompanied type.

Does anyone know of any in the east like Simei, Tampines. Marine Parade or Katong area?

Hi! I'm also interested. Unfortunately Kinderland's Chinese immersion programme only starts at 4 years. Have u found one?

Hi IceCreamLover, Thenun,
There's a newly opened Enrichment Centre in pure Chinese in Katong Mall called Perching Kids.
My daughter attends once a week playgroup there on Sunday afternoon.

Hi Springleaf,

Really? How is it? Is it good? How many kids to one teacher and is there any classes on sat monring? What are the age group and how much?

Hi IceCreamLover,
It's very good as my daughter seemed to enjoy the classes very much, compared to the ones in the previous center when she would cry to leave the class after just half an hour into the lessons. There are always 2 teachers per class and I don't think there're more than 5 kids per class beacuse they're quite new. There should be classes on sat mornings too and they take in even babies as young as 6 months. Initially when I joined, I paid for what they called memnbership fee for a period of 6 months. Besides the usual once weekly lessons, the kids can come in on other days for scheduled activities like story-telling, arts and craft adn music. There are about 2-3 such activities per day. For 6 months membership I paid about $2400. But because my husband and I are working full-time, the fees were kind of wasted as we could not bring our daughter for these activities. However I heard recently from the teacher that they've now revised the package to cater for parents like us who had no time to join the extra activities such that membership is about $1200 for 6 months, only for the weekly lessons, which is about $200 per month of 4-5 lessons.
Hope this helps. Anyway their no. is 66363398. You can call for further enquiries.

Dear Mommies,

Wondering is my post still relevant here, anyway, just to share with all mommies looking for Chinese playgroup, I've signed up my 2yr old son and 4yr old daughter with Funtastic Powerkids. Their Funtasy island never fail to intrigue my kids and we never look back again.

Www.funtastic.com.sg

Back