child care centre increases fee again

jwork

hi ...

is this happening in your child's centre next year?

my elder one's ccc will increase from 920 to 950 next jan. it has increased 3 out of 4 years since my child is wif them.

my younger one's ccc(studying in another ccc) will increase from 920 to 980 next jan. It has juz increased a yr ago...

the cost of living is really high...

Government has just given additional subsidy for different income group this year. Then all these childcare centres increase their fee. Basically we are all back to square one. Again have to pay more.

Government has just given additional subsidy for different income group this year. Then all these childcare centres increase their fee. Basically we are all back to square one. Again have to pay more.

Agreed, almost every childcare increase from 2014 onwards

they will say bcos they increase the quality of the teacher, send them to courses which is good. But govt need to counter act to these increases.

I send a letter to Mr Chan and the reply as follows; I also sent this mail to Mr Patric- MP nee soon east GRC - nothing heard yet.

this is the reply;

Dear Sir,
I am bringing this issue for your attention as it happened over the years before you.

The Child care services and centre are increasing and their programe fee are increasing dramatically over the years. Like a non stop train to non stop speed train and no one control them to stop at a ranges.

Can we Singaporean able to except such things happened again and again? It always happened when the government lift their right hand up and the left hand will help to pull them half down.

The frustration is that it had the prices increase before and it happened again after the add on subsides was announced in april 13. With Less than 6 mths. The last increasement was last year, Isn't the child care not affected by any other costs that they have to rise the program fee? Then, why does the child care so concern of Money not enough? Is it because the teachers salary increase recently? Then why the child care said the program fee need to increase for another $50...it will be no end and this can happen many time. By the way, the child care centre i am referring to is a neighborhood child care , how can this increasing of fee over 2 years and given reason program, program, program. How come " neighborhood " child care fee can reach $700 over dollar then no one can stop.

Situation:
In Year 2004 when my daughter was in Child Care and I am working adult as a Single Parent, with the salary of $3200, I have to pay for tax for that year $600 (may be) and child care fee for my daughter. The fee was $320 in cash. Subsides for working mother $250. Program is good, my daughter learn fast. This child care still existing and is far away from my home. This is the best place for some Singaporean kids.

Now 2013, many people at one child care centre, convenience place to sent and to MRT, Near to shopping area, thus, the fee increasing. I don't see much change of my son being learn in school. whether he is improving.. No, not the chinese language as he seldom speak at home.. then, what program , is it extra speech and drama course, this program need to pay for before sign up, then the increasement of money goes to where? Employment of new child care teachers, teachers dont stay very long in one child care , they need the experience for another child care, then what is it?

Emotionally affected and frustrated in the first eye of the morning when this paper is presented on my work desk.

Please look into it. Should they need to increase.

See attached.

Regards,

The REPLY

28 October 2013

We refer to your email to Mr Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Social and Family Development (MSF) on 23 and 24 Oct 2013 regarding fee increment by child care centres.

2 We understand your concerns regarding fee increase at Kidsville Child Care & Development Centre at Blk 201, Yishun Street 21, #01 - 55, Singapore 760201. In view of the increment, we have advised the management of Kidsville to look into ways to help parents better manage the fee revision should there be families who have difficulty in coping with the fee increase. Centre shared that a sibling discount of $20 will be provided for parents who have more than one child with centre.

3 We seek your understanding that ECDA does not regulate child care fees of commercial centres. However, ECDA ensures that any fee revisions are carried out in a transparent manner with sufficient advance notice given to parents. Centres are required to provide notice of such fee increases to parents no later than 1 October of the preceding year.

4 We wish to share with you that 80% of the child care sector today comprises private operators (including Kidsville Child Care & Development Centre at Blk 201, Yishun Street 21, #01 - 55, Singapore 760201) which add to the variety of the sector, many of whom offer niche programs, and who therefore charge fees they deem to be reasonable to the program they provide. The other 20% of the sector are primarily anchor operator centres, which receive some government funding, and therefore is required to maintain their programs at an affordable level. To cater to the different needs of parents and children, we will continue to provide for this variety of anchor and non-anchor operator centres in the sector going forward.

5 To raise the provision of good quality and affordable mass market preschool options, ECDA is expanding the number of anchor operators. We have also recently launched a suite of Support Schemes to help non-anchor operators who commit to good quality and affordable programs, such as those with a social mission and in high demand areas. You can find more details at www.ecda.gov.sg.

6 Thank you for your feedback.

To whom may concern.

The matter is not that I can't pay for. The matter is why should you increase working mum addidtional subsides and there isn't a control on the child care fee. It keep raising, I sent my son to child care 2 years because it is cheaper those day, now increase almost every years.

The reason given also did not meet .

Back