Chances of pregnancy

nigellim92

Hi there to fellow members

I am new to this forum and have registered an account to ask the below question.

my wife and myself have been trying for baby about 6 months and to no avail yet. I do have a question which is: I do notice after “doing the deed”, the ejaculation liquid will flow out after inter course when either my wife gets up or when she goes to the bathroom toilet, I do understand that this is or might be a gravitational force of action, but does this result in a lower chance of fertilization during the fertile period?

also, during the window period, is it crucial to be having sex everyday or once in 2 days.

Appreciate the kind comments from the members here as really want a baby soon.

Hi there to fellow members

I am new to this forum and have registered an account to ask the below question.

my wife and myself have been trying for baby about 6 months and to no avail yet. I do have a question which is: I do notice after “doing the deed”, the ejaculation liquid will flow out after inter course when either my wife gets up or when she goes to the bathroom toilet, I do understand that this is or might be a gravitational force of action, but does this result in a lower chance of fertilization during the fertile period?

also, during the window period, is it crucial to be having sex everyday or once in 2 days.

Appreciate the kind comments from the members here as really want a baby soon.

Hi,

i dont think the ejaculation liquid fall out will cause a lower chance of fertilization. Ultimately you only need 1 sperm out of the millions to fertilize the egg. It will usually be more of a concern if your wife have hostile cervical mucus. During the fertile window , i guess it is better to do every once in 2 days , gynae previously told us before , not say every day ejaculate means its good , also need to give time for the sperm to “ Recharge “. So alternate days will be good i guess. If you are still young, probably give yourself and wife a year? If not after that can seek doctor advise.

jiayou!

Hi,

i dont think the ejaculation liquid fall out will cause a lower chance of fertilization. Ultimately you only need 1 sperm out of the millions to fertilize the egg. It will usually be more of a concern if your wife have hostile cervical mucus. During the fertile window , i guess it is better to do every once in 2 days , gynae previously told us before , not say every day ejaculate means its good , also need to give time for the sperm to “ Recharge “. So alternate days will be good i guess. If you are still young, probably give yourself and wife a year? If not after that can seek doctor advise.

jiayou!

thank you very much for your comments. The wifey so far always insisting to take things “natural” where else my point is if we try for awhile I would want to suggest for check up as well.

thank you very much for your comments. The wifey so far always insisting to take things “natural” where else my point is if we try for awhile I would want to suggest for check up as well.

Hmm well, conceiving and family planning involves both parties. So both have to be agreeable lo. Give yourself and your wife up till 1 year , if still no result then you can slowly persuade her to do a check up. You can also do a check up. Ultimately can find out the root cause & know your own body better, why not.
don’t be so disheartened, alot of people here are also trying hard! So we are all in this together , i believe good things are worth the wait!:)

How old are you and your wife? if you below 35.. 50% will suceed within 1 year. But if your wife or you have special conditions then might want check up earlier.

And yes, try every 2 days during critical period. In fact I believe the evidence is showing it's better to do 1 day before ovulation cos it take time for sperm to go up , while sperm can survive a few days, so do a day before ovulation is actually optimal. Doing the deed on the day itself has slightly lower chances.

Hi, to be honest it’s not easy to conceive if trying to take things naturally. One tip is to continue lying down with hips up after the deed... best is to sleep directly after and not to get up until much later...

Anyway during fertile window, every day will increase the chances...

Has anyone went to fertility center for check up? I have seen 2 clinics on Google, one is Thomson and the other is Virtus. Thomson rates are higher at $450, are these checks in the clinic all similar - at least from what I read from the website and I should just go for the cheaper one at $290 with Virtus.

Back