Centres for 18M wif delayed walking & speech

mummy_put

Hi Mummies..

My son is now 18M and have yet to be able to walk on his own.

He can crawl very fast and walk assisted however not for long as he is diagnosed with flat foot.

Ive asked for referral to KKH as being very worried for him and haf jz went for e 1st theraphy.

At the same tym, my son is also diagnosed with delayed speech as he only babbles now and unable to point/say his body parts nor at least 10 vocabs. Will be going for 1st speech therapy nx week. He can understand some instruction and when watching his fav cartoon, he can smile or laff at dem.

Im very very worried and sad for him which make me kinda stress sumtyms.

Appreciate it so so much if any Mummies here whom share your experience for delayed walking / speech or recommend good teachers / centres for my son..

Hi, my son can only call pa pa and ma ma at 18/19m. But suddenly at 22-23m, he picked up words v fast and now he is able converse in almost proper sentences w us at 32m. So don't b too worried abt it. Wat u can do is prob to interact w him as often as you can and let him go to school to hv some social activities.

My niece walked at eighteen months and only walked stable around twenty months. She's growing well and happy in childcare now at two years three mths. I'm a preschool supervisor and was a childcare teacher for fifteen years. I've seen many children start talking late around two and a half even three years old . But once they start talking they can't stop hahaha.

Do seek help and bring for therapy as dr suggests but don't stress yourself out. Some kids are just late bloomers in certain areas but catch up quickly later on. Gd luck!

Tasha Mommy,

You're not alone.

Im facing the same problem as you.. my girl is 18M and coming 19M this month 9th but still can't walk on her own. Even talking, she also can't.. Not even, PaPa or Mama... [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sharing apart from this, i was told it could be our babies are lazy that's why it delay their speech, and motorskill.

My girl, only start to 'Roll Over' when she was 6-7month, sit up at 11M and crawl indepently after she turn 13M... some baby motorskill are tend to slow.. (Maybe)?

My PD want to refer use to speeh terapy but temp we want to observe first till abit later and see how...

At time i will think back was it my fault to cause her in such a delay because my hubby and I both working and i only had full day spent w her only Sunday...1 of the expert share w me it could be my mom that cause her losing confident in walking, as my mom is aging and having problem with her knee... But there also another reason, lack of having social with other kids...

Also suggest me, to bring her to Gymboree, perhaps we can bring them tgt..

We must be positive even we are damn worry and sad!! We positive will help them in their motor skill. Let pray and hope for our precious.... [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Our baby is strong, they can make it the...

Good Luck Tasha.

Hi mummies,

I am in a lost as my girl is 11mths today and she yet to crawl and can't hold rail and stand. Very sad when ppl start to ask why she yet to crawl or walk. Yes I do understand that they are some babies who skip the crawling stage to walking instead . But I can't see sign of her going to walk soon. Btw she flip only when she is 7th mths... So I am very worried. So do you think I should go n consult doc or monitor first?

Back