Catholic Mothers

Hi Sysac,

I am a Catholic MTB... Are you a mother already?
happy.gif

hi, sysac, betterworld

I'm also a catholic , have one 10.5 mth old gal
stay @ sengkang, where are you staying ?

Hi mummies,

Great! My son is 8 mths old. I am staying in CCK. I attend either St Francis Xavierin Serangoon Gdns (was cfm there & got married there) or St Mary's at Bukit Batok or St Joseph's at Bukit Timah.

My son was baptised at SFX too.What abt u mummies?

Hi Hi sysac..

I attend mass at St Mary's at Bukit Batok, was baptised n married there.. My son, Orlando, was also baptised at SMOTA when he was abt 3mths old..

Hi!
Nice to "meet" u.
I'm mummy to 2 - a 3.5 yrs boy and girl coming to 2 mths.
I also attend mass at either St joseph's n occassionally at Risen Christ in Toa Payoh.
happy.gif

Hi celtricia & tinklebell - Wat a great coincidence! I pick my mum from Serangoon to come up to my hse to look after my baby every Sunday evening. That's why I church hop among the 3 Churches depending on timings.

Hi betterworld - So when r u due? Gender of baby? Hw has it been?

Hi Sharon - So which Church do u go to?

Hihi

I am Catholic too. My ds is 10 mths plus. I was baptised and confirmed at IHM and my son was also baptised there.

Sometimes will attend mass at St Anne. Now staying in Punggol. Used to stay in Hougang thats why go IHM.

hi,
sysac , I attend mass @ St Anne's church, and also married there ,my gal and Husband also baptised there. Attend Married Preparation Course @ St Joseph
my house very near to St Anne's church, only 10min walk hehe.

Hi Moon - I used to study at St Joseph's Convent and used to go to IHM many yrs ago
happy.gif

Sharon - OIC. HB yet to be baptised :p

Hi Sysac,

I am due in Nov for my firstborn. A girl. I attend Holy Trinity, but was married in Sts Peter and Paul.
happy.gif

Can I check with all mothers here, if you had delivered in Mt A? I personally prefer there since I am a catholic (although my gynae is based in TMC).

Hope that the Lord will grant me a healthy baby, cos I get paranoid sometimes...

hello,
i stay in sengkang and attend St. Annes's church. my gal now going for cathechism there. married at risen christ church.

maybe can meet those mommies for lunch someday after mass?

hi betterwprld
Yes, I delivered at Mt A. Actually didnt want to deliver there cos it seemed quite worn down when I went to visit my friends before my preg. But then catholism won over and I must say I did not regret my decision. The nurses and sisters were great!!

Every morning, sister will go round the ward and pray with you and you can hv communion too.

I strongly recommend Mt A

Hi samval - I was baptised as a baby at Risen Christ. My parents were married there.

Hi betterworld - Do not worry too much. Baby gal will be fine
happy.gif
Have you got her a name already?

Mummies - Do u bring your babies to Church? I bring mine only on last Sunday of every month. Planning to bring him every Sunday when he starts to walk.

Hi sysac
We try to bring him for mass but sometimes not able to esp when we go for evening mass cos his naptime is usually around that time.

Also quite tough to bring a noisy baby to mass if the church does not hv a crying room. Can be quite disruptive to others.

Hi Moon - OIC. My son is quite quiet during Mass times. I will just walk him outside for a while when he frets. After that, he will usually fall asleep.
happy.gif

Hi sysac
You are so lucky. My son yawned so loudly during homily once and everyone turned to stare at him...hehhe.

And that was when he was younger at abt 6 mths. Now, I can imagine him babbling loudly when Father is talking. I won't know where to hide my face.

:)

My son's name is Aeden. It is actually spelt Aidan but I changed the spelling cos I was afraid that people may end up mis-pronouncing it.

What about yours?

Hi sysac
Cephas. Really cool. Aeden's name means little fiery one. hehhee...and he really is fiery...
:)

Hi tenten
Wow, u go all the way to AMK. The Catholic Kindergarten at Flower Rd seems not bad. Most of my nieces and nephews went there.
Think St Anne also hv a kindergarten.

Hi tenten - I had my first Holy Communion at SVDP.

Moon - Wow! Wonder what happens when Fiery meets Rock! Haha

tenten - I was baptised at Risen Christ as an infant as I was staying in Toa Payoh. First Communion at SVDP as I was staying in Yio Chu Kang. Confirmation was at St Francis Xavier cos was staying in Serangoon. Moved to Choa Chu Kang after marriage. Now, I attend either SFX, St Joseph's or St Mary's of the Angels.

Haha, looks like I move around many Churches. lot.

Hi hi, great to meet all Catholic moms here.

We attend mass at CTK, our parish, usually on Sat evening. My girl also love the children liturgy. However,dont prefer the home Catechism at CTK, so may send my girl to Catechism class at St Anne's next yr.

We attended St Anne's mass occassionally. During the feast day last mth, we also helped out at one of the food stall... always enjoy St Anne's feast day cos' there are so much yummy food

Hi Sysac
Ya...dunno what will happen when they meet. hehhehe

I am not a cradle catholic. Was only baptised and confirmed in 2004 at IHM. Hubby too. So I also choose to baptised my ds at IHM.

tenten
try the flower rd one. think it is really not bad. I am a FTWM so have to send my ds to infant car/child care but there are not many (or only 1 or 2) catholic infant care/child care in spore. sigh. My first choice will def be catholic infant/child care.

Hey Moon,

Oic. I am a cradle Catholic. I come from a long line of Catholics (dad's side). Mum's side all Methodist but she converted before she married my dad. She told me she's always loved the Catholic Mass as she studied in a Catholic school and wld attend the Monday morning Mass.

Hi Catholic mums! I'm not Catholic but my husband is.

Just need some advice -- we used to attend service regularly at St Mary of the Angels when Fr Philip and Fr John were there; both my husband and I really enjoyed their sermons.

Since they've left, we've been church hopping, and frankly, I haven't heard an inspiring sermon in ages. Can anyone recommend a church to us?

Hi yellowpower,
That's a shame. I think a homily that is inspiring to oneself is a bonus, but the real point of coming to mass is, well, the Eucharist
happy.gif
I do agree it's nice if the priest speaks well, or the musicians are good though
happy.gif

In any case, hi to everyone else. I'm not actually living in Singapore, but coming next week for a month. Just wondering if there are any Catholic (or even non-Catholic) playgroups that I can just 'drop in', just so my 7 month old has some social interaction with the local children? Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi tootsieroll! Considering that I'm not Catholic and don't receive Holy Communion, my main objective of attending church is to listen to the message.

There was a time where I felt every message I heard was meant for me, that it applied to something that I'd done or said during the week. I also had something to take away with me, to attempt to put into practice the weeks after.

Essentially, I felt connected to God in the first time in my life. For me, that feeling's not a bonus, but the whole point, and I'm trying to get it back.
happy.gif

Yellowpower,
Ahh, that's fair enough. Good speakers are always nice. Do you know where the 2 priests have gone? Maybe you can go to the church which they have been transferred to? My mum goes to Our lady of Lourdes, and apparently they recently had a new priest who she said spoke rather well. I think spiritualiy of the indian congregation is also something to experience. The redemptorist priests at Novena church (Church of St Alphonsus) are also good. Which churches have you gone to so far?

Thanks Tootsieroll! I've been to Our Lady Of Lourdes, and it made me feel rather sleepy, but am keen to listen to the new priest -- could you let me know who he is?

I've also been to Novena church, Holy Spirit, Risen Christ, St Joseph's (Bkt Timah), Ss Peter and Paul, St Michael, St Bernadette, Sacred Heart, and Cathedral of the Good Shepherd. Hehe I think my husband and I have covered all the churches in the central and northern areas!

Hi YellowPower,
Haha, so were you dowsed with lots of incense?
happy.gif
My mum said because it's a relatively small church, the incense can be quite overpowering
happy.gif
I've not been to Our lady of Lourdes myself (living in UK), but according to the Church directory, it could either be Fr Augustine Joseph or Fr Sebastian Arulananthu. I think the new priest has big plans for the church, to renovate and revitalise the community, so it's a great time to be involved in it. I belong to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour myself, in the East, but perhaps that's a bit too far for you to travel
happy.gif

Hi all catholice Mummies,
Do you know any sunday class for toddler (1 yr +)?
I don't know if any.. my friend's christian church have..

coffee drinker,
Not sure, but perhaps your parish may know? There are Catholic-run kindergartens, but I suppose those aren't until your child is a little older
happy.gif

Hi all mummies,

I am also a catholic mum to a 5 mths old boy..
I heard of a good catholic kindergarten call Cherrybrook Kindergarten. They teach the kids based on catholic tradition and principles.
U may check it out at www.cherrybrook.edu.sg

Hi mummies..im a Catholic too..i got a 4.5mths babygal...seems like alot of parishioners at SFX..i attend SFX at times.was married there as well. Attended Christ the King & Holy Cross when i stayed in AMK & Clementi..but goin to reside in Tampines in Apr.

Hi all! Am a catholic mum too and have two girls, 5 & 3 yrs old. MH, you can go to Holy Trinity which is in Tampines. There is also a new church being built in Pasir Ris I think. I stay around Tanah Merah and attend mass in OLPS (Siglap) or Holy Family.

Any recommendations on a good catholic childcare out there? Seems difficult to find one that can inculcate our faith to the kids. Tks

Hi littlenotes76 - i at times do attend Holy Trinity when im at Tampines area b4 my marriage. As im in France & will oni be back in SIN in apr & be residing in Tampines..i will attend Holy Trinity, no doubt abt it
happy.gif

Hi, im a catholic mum as well, go to CTK at AMK, got baptised, married and baby boy baptised there. my baby is 8mths old now. great to know you all out there.

Hi, I am a catholic mum too. I actually belong to St francis of Assisi as I am staying in JUrong West but attend mass with my parents every sunday, so will usually go to their choice of choice which is Holy Spirit.

I have a 6 weeks old baby gal who usually sleeps thru'out mass so i duno have to worry about noise from her.

We should arrange a catholic mothers group meeting to share stuff. What do you all say?

Hi Gwen, i used to attend SFA oso when i stayed in Jurong West (seems like i attended many diff churches in diff locations). Its good ur baby can sleep thruout mass..i doubt mine can coz she is very playful & active..wonder wat i can do when i bring her to attend mass when im back in SIN..dun dare tink abt it nw
happy.gif

Hi all...
What a nice thread to start. I'm a cradle catholic but hubby not. Was married and bb gal baptised at Queen of Peace church in Tg Katong. Have not been able to attend church regularly cos my 17mth old gal will not be quiet for more than half hr. V distracting for both hubby and me and everyone else within earshot. Would luv to meet up with other catholic mummies. Anyone interested?

Hi troika - I was baptised in Queen of Peace too. Wld love to meet up wif th catholic mums but i will onli be back in SIN in Apr for good coz im currently staying in France.

Hi all,

Didn't come in here for a while since I started this thread. Looks like more Catholic mothers & babies than expected
happy.gif

Well, my son is a 14-mth old toddler now. He hasn't been to Church for a while cos I used to go with my mum so there's someone to help me out. She fell sick but is recovering now. So, we'll be going back to Church with him soon
happy.gif

sysac- so will u be attending SFX ?

Btw..pardon me for asking tis qns..but wat is the preparation needed for my baby to be baptised ?

Hi all,

I'm also a catholic mother. I used to be from Holy Family Church where I was baptised and also where I met my hubby! We have a 13 month old son and now we attend St Anne's Church at Sengkang. I must say I seldom get to concentrate on mass let alone the homily because I'll be busy watching over my son who will be crawling all over or touching the pews. Most of the time he wants to go out of the church to see the birds and fishes outside. St Anne Church has a mini aviary and fish pond.

Hi all mummies,

I'm a cathoic mum with a 8 mo son. Think I can still catch a few phrases during homily since my boy still not very mobile yet
happy.gif
But me & hubby try not to bring him out of church during mass to make it a habit when he fuss, so we'll take the last pews in church to min distractions. We also attend early morning mass at 8.15am so boy still in zzz mode..heh...But I hv also heard from friends of ppl who are not very tolerant with kids during mass...
sad.gif

Hi MH,

For baby baptism, you will need to register with the church secretary for the baptism which is usually held on certain sunday of the month. Parents and god-parents will then attend a 1 hr preparation session a week before. Unless you are conducting a private one (like I did), then you juz get in touch with the priest of your choice and book your preferred date and time. Hope this helps
happy.gif

Back