Can we do any sewing when pregnant ???

porky_jean

hi mummies

i need to sew some new pillow case for my #1 ! however some frens told me cannot take scissors or do sewing when preg...sign...but my boy's pillow is odd size and i always handsewn his pillow case myself...can some mummies advise me whether i can sew anot ?? btw, im 16weeks preg now..

sure u can do sewing - the only myth is not to do it on yr BED or in yr bedroom, can always do in the living room or desk.
happy.gif

hi celia

thanks for your reply ! i do in my office during lunch hours..some ppl tell me cannot do sewing cos baby come out will hv a scar or something... omg so scary ! my mil also say cannot sew..

haha porky

Sure can sew, else who will do that for the next 9 months? No using of scissors means we cant trim our hair or cut the vegs too? hehee...

I asked the elders - they all say dun do in the bedroom, especially on the bed. As for drilling, nailing stuff, also cannot do in our presence. Sigh, so superstitious...

haha thanks ! at least i know its not true now...yes we still need to trim hair, nails or even use scissors to cut something...imagine my clothes button drop out and i cant sew it back ! btw are u also a preg mummy ? how many weeks are u now ?

hehhee, i am 8.5 weeks, still junior! but heard thousands of stories from every aunty n mummy. It's my first! what abt u?
happy.gif
u r advanced member! keke..

im 2nd time mummy hehe. my #1 is a boy now 3yrs old alrdy ! nice to "know" u online
happy.gif
for my #1 everything i dont dare to do..but now 2nd time not so scare hahaha

My dr is from GlenE so I think I will go there. I think Mount A is better, more choices of rooms and my dr can go there too. But my experienced gf tells me better choose same place where the dr's clinic is, so he can pop by see you easily during the labour. But this only applies if it's during weekday daytime ya.

What do you think?

I am not pantang, so I did some sewing while I was pregnant. Did it on my bed in my bedroom somemore.

My baby came out okay, no scar on any part of her body.

I think all these are just old wives' tales

celia, my gynae suggest TMC..i think he stay near there so when emergency he can rush down easily..Mt A under renovation, i worried will be dusty and noisy..

velle, wah u very daring leh..haha. i will do sewing but maybe in the living room or in office. not on the bed or bedroom loh

Hi Porky, i think you can sew as long as you are not doing it on your bed. For my first pregnancy, i took a scissor to cut some hampers and once i put down the scissor, i bled! A LOT! but very lucky baby was ok and she is 20mths now
happy.gif
So i kept all scissor for the whole of my pregnancy..

i still remember i sew on my bed. then after i stomch cramp without any reason for an hour! better believe those old folks

pinkapplez/liew, omg thats so scary ! so we cannot even tk scissor to cut something ? how abt at work ? sometimes we still need to cut papers right...

RKmum, my mil say baby will get scar or something..anyway i alrdy done sewing some new pillow case for my #1...

old folk say cannot stay in house where people is painting . if not the baby will come out one red patch here and there , cannot take scissor . so sometimes i was wondering , how am i going to cut those chips bag .

advise is not to do anything on the bed.. and any knocking nailing general things ask hubby to do it when u are not ard.. it's totally nonsense not use scissors or do any sewing during pregnancy.. what about those mommies who are hairdressers?? haha.. i once asked my hairdresser that den she told me "if cant use scissors what baby and me eat?"

As a Blogshop owner, I used the scissors all the time and even on the bed as back aches are getting to me now as I'm 29 weeks pregnant. But detailed scan of my baby girl didnt show any cleft lips etc. and she's healthy! Just small for her size. Cause so far even though I'm 29 weeks and in trimester 3, she only weighs 1.2kg.

But other than that, no gestational diabetes, cleft lips etc. So it's more like a superstition

Hi, I am 25wks pregnant and intend to install new curtain for my house...can I ask ppl do it without my presence?

It's just a myth and superstition. I banged things around the house, sewed, handled knives etc when I was pregnant with #1. She's not an easily startled baby, nor does she have any scars etiher.

The most important thing is to be careful not to get hurt yourself cos preggies tend to be a bit clumsy.
happy.gif

Back