Can Celebrate CNY?

oldmum

Hi, my MIL passed away in Aug 19. Any idea if I still can celebrate this CNY eg give Angpow, eat reunioun dinner, go visiting relatives? Please advise if you know because I really do not know what to do. Thanks.

Hi, traditionally people dun celebrate CNY. However, I know some people will still celebrate with simple family gathering, now ang pows).

I think depend on self belief.
There's no right or wrong. It depend on your belief, culture, and even religion.
However, most feel that giving ang pow doesn't sound right.

Hi, my MIL passed away in Aug 19. Any idea if I still can celebrate this CNY eg give Angpow, eat reunioun dinner, go visiting relatives? Please advise if you know because I really do not know what to do. Thanks.

After 3 months should be fine but
you have to ask the person who invite to the house or meet up with you if they ‘pan tang’....
Some culture 1yr -3 yrs so it’s depend on individual and your family / dialects culture.

After 3 months should be fine but
you have to ask the person who invite to the house or meet up with you if they ‘pan tang’....
Some culture 1yr -3 yrs so it’s depend on individual and your family / dialects culture.

ya..usually is 100 days to be exact...
but better to ask if the others is pan tang or not

Back