Calling ALL Thomas TRain FANS!

mouseaction... and get free domestic shipping
happy.gif

Online shopping can get really addictive. Need to exercise a lot of self control!
bounce.gif

Hi,

My son just turned 4 years old a few days ago and has been a thomas fan for more than 1 year. He got a Thomas cake and all the gifts from his uncles and aunt are Thomas related.

Actually I think the train sets can be quite good for their thinking skills. We bought him a lot of the rails parts and he had fun putting them all together. It help him build up his problem solving skills as he needs to ensure that all the parts joined. He will modified his design by taking the rails apart and replaced it with another if he can't make them join.

We bought him storybooks on Thomas and read to him almost every night too.

Hi red_tulip, welcome!
happy.gif

Did you order your cake from polar? Have cake pics to share?
happy.gif

Wow... your home must be a mini thomasland now!

Hi gals,

i am going to order a thomas cake for my hubby birthday. My boy have been waiting for it since Aug. Cos we promise him when daddy birthday we order a thomas cake. so now and then he will remind us. When daddy birthday buy thomas cake. haha..

Hi teng,
Like to check for the choco cake at polar is it normal sponge cake? The digital pic can eat?

co11ectionz,
u can go to polar website to view the cake pic .. http://www.polarpuffs-cakes.com/TF/TF.htm. Some outlets might hv samples to show ...

Jappooh,
is normal sponge cake .. yup , u can eat the pic coz it's like a piece of sugar topping, dunno how to describe .. is soft type not hard type ... get the royal chocolate one .. v yummy ...

jappooh, remember to post photos of your cake!
happy.gif
Polar cakes are yummy - v light so you don't feel jer lat. Only thing is that the digital picture a little bit hard to cut through neatly if using plastic knife.

mouseaction, alamak, I just only stopped spreeing like crazy 'cos my place was piling up with boxes. The man who collects cardboard at my void deck lagi unhappy... teehee.. but I do private sprees, seldom open up to forum unless cannot meet USD200 to make the spree worthwhile.

teng, it's really bad in hospital.. see them on drip.. aiyoh. Plus my son went delirious the first night from the high fever and lack of rest, kept ranting and pulling out the drip. Biang.

I've now got a couple of nice Thomas items in 'storage', waiting for the right occasion to crack them out. Cranky the Crane and one other track set, can't remember the name 'cos it's tucked away in the storeroom. Christmas and birthday presents..haha
happy.gif

catz,
hehe tempt u to spree.... allaboardtoys got US$20 off for US$100 orders :p lots of thomas items there tho not all are cheap haha

Hi teng & catz,
thanks for the info. I will go and look out and order a cake from them. My hubby birthday is end of the mth so still sometime to decide which design. Will let my boy choose. hee..

Catz,
christmas and birthday present also prepared liao har. I will see wat to get for my boy in dec and the present that his baby bro going to give him (as i am due in dec).
happy.gif

Congrats Jappooh!
happy.gif
New addition to the family... how exciting. Pls make sure gor gor doesnt demand that you name di-di Thomas!!

co11ectionz,
thanks..We are not worry he name didi thomas i ma more worry he ask me to name didi Percy..Haha..

Personally find he like Percy more than Thomas.

Hi mylvera,

Thanks.

my hse have alot of trains not all thomas lar. have percy, james. toby etc etc.. So my boy is have Thomas & Friends and not just Thomas..Hee..

Hi hi,

My boy too! Great big fan of Thomas.

He's 2 yr old this year..

I ordered THomas cupcake and jelly cake for his 2 yr old bday... bot the stuff from bday direct etc etc..

Now my room is decorated with thomas wall paper applique.. kinda overdose...

Jappooh, congrats! Definitely a good idea to buy present and say it's from the sibling
happy.gif

PM, welcome.. I think everybody has Thomas stuff everywhere liao..keke..

Today went to Robinsons and bought the Sodor playmat as well as some more trains :p 20% worthwhile..hehe.

Still thinking about doing an Allaboard spree but hv 2 orders from Drugstore pending right now.. better space out my purchases a bit. Will hv to do a Birthday direct spree to prep for my 2 kiddos' birthdays in January though.

Hihi co11ectionz, I think cannot order from Bday Direct anymore so ezpartyzone is the alternative. Or allaboardtoys
happy.gif

hi PM,

where did you order thomas cupcake n jelly cake? I thot of ordering cupcake (thou my boy has already chosen his polar thomas cake for his bd ..) coz lately my boy luvs cupcake ..

Teng, I know usually pple order cupcake and jelly from homebakers. Jelly is from Mr Chan while there are an assortment of homebakers for the cupcakes.

teng, yah I think cupcakes are so cute! I ordered Elmo ones for my boy's 3rd birthday in January this year.. you can check out 'Perfect Frosting' - google her and you should get her multiply website.

I love cupcakes
happy.gif
all so pretty and cute.
Its good for distribution to the kids. But only thing is the birthday child cannot get to cut the cake.

Last year, I have cupcakes and also a cake for my boy. He was so cute when he tried his hand at cutting the cake! Gave such a serious look! *full concentration*

Yah the only downside is no cake-cutting unless you request for a slightly bigger cake to be baked for that purpose? But very wasteful lah.. hehe..
happy.gif

Hi Teng, I ordered my cupcake thru cupcake momma.

Those with Thomas n friend's print are $2.50 each, without is $2.00.

Their cupcakes are yummy and fresh.

The jelly cake is thru the Mr. James Chan....

cllection - How did u go there? Did u booked a tour package to go there or F&E?

I intend to go in Jan, but wonder if it's too cold for my boy.

Poor Mummy,

I went there F&E.

January will be Very Very cold as its still part of winter. Their winter can be quite harsh. Especially at Thomasland, its at the foot of Mt FUji, it will be much colder than in the city so need to bring more clothing to Thomasland. This can be quite a hassle as winter clothing tends to be bulky, until u wear it.

Hi mummies,

I went to the Toys R Us Sale (private sale for UOB and Starcard members) this morning and purchased quite a few of Thomas items for my boy.

There are other branded toys such as FP, Vtech Crayola etc going on sale. Think on thurs they will replenish the stock for the sale open to public.

But must be there early, the Thomas toys were all grabbed within minutes when the sale started!! :p

I find the Thomas n Friend stuff here is quite limited. I am looking for Thomas n Friend toilet seat but couldn't find it.

Was telling my boy if you going to buy the entire collection of Thomas n Friend, it is going to cost mummy a big fortune... Need to buy a big house to store all the trains set...

mouseaction, waaah toilet seat ah? prob check on Allaboardtoys or ExclusivelyThomas.com.. but shipping a bit bo hua for such a bulky item IMHO. I like those Takealong Thomas sets 'cos can pack up quite compactly. It's my kitchen set and cars/bike/scooter that are messing up the house! Heh!

United Sq got so many TRU sale this wk. Wonder what's the diff.

catz,

shipping not necessarily bo hua leh ..esp if u go thro borderlinx .. i tried to ship an exersaucer back in sg.. all in all costs $280 when the same exersaucer in sg is selling 300 + 400

mylvera, waah you very kiang
happy.gif
Last time I did a few batches of Leapfrog and gave up already. It's harder to spree for toys online. I prefer to just do clothing sprees but of course, sometimes really cannot resist la.

co11ectionz, IMHO - in my humble opinion
happy.gif

Catz - Same here I prefer those take along set... As compared to those blue tracks ones.

Used to think shipping for bulky items is ex, perhaps more or almost the same as sing. So far I have not bought any toys from overseas site yet.

Which site sells Thomas cheaper? Maybe can try using Borderlinx to save abit.

Myvela - U so steady! Shipped the whole exersaucer to singapore! Was the item on sale before shipping, hence the cheaper price?

I also refrain from toys unless necessary as they usually pack the toy in 1 BIG box and charge volumetric weight. Leapfrog items still quite ok as they're quite flat.

Anyone went to the TRU sale? I popped by on Wednesday afternoon but there's not a single thomas item there
sad.gif

PM,

haha the item wasn't even on sale in USA. I was told by first few yrs in SG that they carry the model I bot and the items on sale is abt 400+ after sales and that the item was OOS at that time. I duno abt borderlinx till my frd told me he wana buy the exersaucer for his godson, my #2. tt's where i found out i can actually paid the whole thing at S$280! I even help 1 mummy to order n get it shipped to her hse haha

hi all,

mia for a while .. not enff zz these days .. #2 lao sai due to teething .. #1 always wake up in the middle of nite to say got monster .. refused to go back to zz *faintz*

Any mummies here have any idea when the lao sai will stop ? started since sat leh .. brought him to see PD, taking lacteol fort but like no effect .. my #1 dun hv such lao sai problem when teething .. thanks in advance ..

Thanks, PM & Catz on cupcakes' recommendations ... will chk it out ...

Wah, Mylvera, u steady po peep peep man ...

teng,

LS will stop abt 1-2 weeks. my #1 down with LS + fever for near 2 weeks..slightly better den kena running nose fr his daddy .. now #2 is down with running nose n slight fever too.

according to my PD, no milk, veg, fruits for #1 when he is having diarrhea. too bad he dun like isomil (soya based milk powder) end up ... every day hv to give him the 250ml vitasoy as milk.

teng, aiyoh poor you.. lao sai I never experience lei. Sorry.. hope your #2 gets well really fast.

I also MIA. My sis delivered and her birth got complications for both mom and babe so I'm trying to help out. Go TMC until my cashcard empty liao..haha..

hope your kiddos recover soon.

I think there is a flu virus going around. Many down with running nose. My boy was also down the past 2 weeks. Thankfully now much better.

JTS: I saw a "busy bee" James train at kiddy palace over the weekend. Instead of James being red, its yellow with black stripes. Looks quite funny.

Anyone knows where I can get Thomas stickers in booklets?

co11ectionz, yah there is definitely a virus going around.. you notice during rainy season?
happy.gif
Saw pd this morning.. alamak, $107 :p

Busy bee James - yes yes I saw this too.. very cute!

Thomas sticker - hmm, never seen leh.

co11ectionz, catz,

hehe u can get thomas sticker fr amazon...they will ship fr either etoys or Ty Toy Box. cant rem which one :p but hor .. they do charge u domestic shipping :S

hi..can i join now?? cos i just found this thread..my boy who is 30mths now and my baby girl who is only 8 mths old are Thomas fans too, eldest who is 4yrs old just "broken up" with Thomas, ha...she always change her idol..her wish!!
my boy who not really can speak well, but can recognize Thomas and other trains, what number for what train???then, always asking me to read Thomas stories and sing the songs for him..aiyoh!!!my brother in law just bought 3 cartons of Thomas and his friends toy from Australia for him...aiyoh, he can holding it 24 hrs leh.. when he refuse to eat, then just switch on Thomas VCD, then he start to eat, and so my baby girl, she laugh when she heard the theme song and may cry sometimes and look at Tv area...i guess she is asking us to switch on Thomas VCD, so, i did it, she laugh immediately...aiyoh..

So.... welcome!
happy.gif
Haha.. love the way you said 'broken up'.

My girl isn't so nuts about Thomas.. but my son - alamak, from the time he wakes up, he will go and grab one train and play with it.

mylvera, I hate paying for domestic shipping! Saw a BP with Thomas stickers though..

Catz, thanks for welcome me..
same as u, really hate paying the domestic shipping, actually always thinking to buy things from spree, but, ended up with such huge amount of shipping, then dun think it's worth it lor, moreover, cant see the actual items, sometimes, the actual items really looks diffrent with the pic posted. sian!!
i am thinking to get some Thomas items for my boy, eg. toothbrush, brief, long sleeve pajamas, anyone here know where to get it cheap???
ha..i am a very stingy lady lor, i nvr buy things to myself, but always buy lots of thing to my kids without consider the price, but,last yr i quit my job to look after my kids who are too weak and always sick, esp. the #1, admitted twice when i put her to childcare.now i hv no salary, hubby alone earning, need to feed in law, himself, 3 kids & me...siong!!
so, i always spent my own saving, my acc nearly "dry up" liao, so, must get cheap thing only..hehe...

So, I'm a SAHM too... no income but like you, I will spend on the kids. Hubby sole income earner, supporting his two parents too. For Thomas items, you must go to Robinsons Centrepoint if they have storewide 20% discount. You can get the toothbrush and briefs fairly cheaply. The rest of THomas apparel are expensive.. you prob got to get from sprees from Allaboardtoys. Yes the shipping is fairly high for toy sprees, what to do?

Welcome SO
happy.gif

Yes, Thomas items are pretty expensive. Must buy when on sale at Isetan or at Robinsons. I usually buy from Isetan. End of the year, have rebate from Isetan card.

Toothbrush, if yr hubby travels or u know pple travelling, can ask them to get from US Target/ Walmart. Singapore, I dont seem to have seen except in RObinsons.

Now, with economic instability, try to Save SAve SAve!
happy.gif

Anyone here planning for THomas bday party soon?

co11ectionz, didn't know you were doing OTC spree earlier
happy.gif
How's the packaging for OTC? I will prob be ordering Thomas stuff for my kids' combined party in January.. ezpartyzone, I think.. maybe OTC also, haven't quite decided how to do it. 'Cos both my kids born 1 wk plus apart.. doing combined theme - boy and girl not easy lei.. My son will want Thomas but my girl how? Hehe.. still thinking how to do it.

thanks for infor, but Robinson is too far from me lor, always ben attracted by their ads, but, i staying at Hougang mah, hubby dun hv car, how to travel with 3 hyper playful kids and 1 old man(in law)????? last time, i did ask my ex collegue to buy for me as they working nearby. now, they chg job liao....no lubang!!!

Back