Bukit Batok/Bukit Gombak Mummies Club

Hi,I am an old(my boy is 6 yrs)mum staying near Bukit Gombak. When I moved here 9 months ago and enrolled my boy in Little Footprints, he was there for 6 months and have since changed to YWCA.

Anyone know what shops are coming up in Bukit Gombak MRT station? I am hope there will be a NTUC supermarket.

Hi Stella,
Is there any reason that you switched him out of Little Footprints to YWCA?

Hi Andrea/Celtricia/Freesia
If u remember me, this is the former Bubble that we used to correspond here. How's everyone? There is a upcoming event by the RC : ducktour+hippo tour+balloon walking for 40 bucks, inclusive of transport on march 11. Anyone keen to bring their kids along for the experience?

Hi all,
My gal used to attend Sparkle Tots 1/2 day cc and my mum knows the teachers/caretakers pretty well coz she used to stay behind with my gal in the cc in the intial stage. The turnover rate of the teachers extremely high. The lunch that they serve often does not have high nutrition such as fill ball with marconi (no meat), only 1 small bowl and they aren't too happy if u ask for more servings. A lot of the caretakers are part timers (aunties living nearby that are without early childhood qualifications). My gal has switched out since May last yr. 2 weeks ago I met one of the neighbours who put her twins at the cc on 2 weeks trial, decide to switch after attending the centre 1/2 day.

There is a new kindergarten 1 bus stop away from CDANS - Grace House kindergarten. It is within the new Church that just started operation late last yr. Glad that now we have more choice for our kids without having to travel too far.

Dear Little,
For my boy, the first 4 to 5 mths in Little Footprints was ok, then by Nov, he started to cry every morning, refused to go. Being 5 years old, he could tell us nobody bully him. But something was just not right. Plus, the centre had high turnover of teachers and supervisors. We were unwilling to change since he was in K1 and just one more year. But luckily we switched, my boy told me that during spelling in Little Footprints, the teacher just sat there and children could copy but now in YWCA it is different, his teacher walks around taking great care to check and the children do their work properly.

By the way, Little, how old is your gal?

Hi Stella Lim,
where is little footprints located? maybe it's bec of the change of teachers, he could not get used to it. that's why he cry. wow, how can the teacher at little footprint bo chap, cultivated bad habit for the kids.

hi Mummies,
I think Little Footprints is the one near the Madeira... and if I'm not mistaken, they seem to have gotten into some kind of trouble during the HFMD period... apparently they were not stringent in carrying out checks on the children, and generally not very hygienic. Can't remember where that thread is, but there was a complaint, and I think it was even reported in the papers (although the name of the school was not mentioned).

In any case, the management at my boy's school knows the LF mgt -- they used to be partners or something... and they split up because of disagreements of some sort... (sorry don't have the details though...)

Anyone's kid at Just Kids Learning Place....My son is now at N1....thinking of sending him for other enrichment courses, any good ones to recommend in our area? Phonics classes...

Anyone's kid at Just Kids Learning Place....My son is now at N1....thinking of sending him for other enrichment courses, any good ones to recommend in our area? Phonics classes...

Phonics Class can try Zoophonics at Beauty World, Upper Bukit Timah....

Just went for a trial last sat, and it's very good.
happy.gif

Thank you Stella and Hoshi!

Does "I can Read" has any website?

I did source out the Zoo Phonics...will go for a trial someday..
happy.gif

Dear Kit,
YWCA in Gombak has some good permanent Singaporean Christian, middle aged, female teachers. Newly renovated. Another difference from other childcare, YWCA do not let children watch TV in the evenings.Fees charged same as NTUC Childcare. Have not seen their lunch time but breakfast looks ok, always have milk, bread or biscuit. They say grace before meal, thank God for everything, we are non Christian but it is ok.

Tiang,
Just go Yahoo type I Can Read, their website has photos of many of their angmoh teachers. Fees $450 for 12 sessions (1 1/2 hours).

Hi Tiang,
My boy is also in Just Kids.. He's now in N2. Don't know about the Phonics class... but I've signed him up for Montessori, Gym Kidz and Speech and Drama with the school

Wow, Andrea...

I thought these activites are after his classes...would he feel tired? My boy is attending 8-11am session, the Gym is after his class which he usually eats and take his nap....

Is the Montessori good?

Feel like changing school because the command of English is quite bad there. NOt sure whether it's because they are in lower primary....mine is not that good, thus hope that he can receive proper guidance...

Hoshi5,
Do they teach all the alphabets using animals' names?
heheh...my son doesn't seem to like animals that much....is the teacher good?

I only attended a trial lesson there. Find that it's quite good... a lot of 'physical' activities between mummy and baby.
happy.gif

The teacher is excellent!!...
She can sing and play on the piano, and she can tell good stories. Her voice projection is quite big, hence, can capture children's attention... hahah..

hi mommies,
sorry to bother you. i'm a mom of 3-mth old twins and i'm looking for part-time cleaning lady as i can't cope with the housework.

just wondering whether any of you has any to recommend? i'm living ard bt batok east area. much appreciated if you could PM me her name and contact no. thanks!

Hi LPTING,

I saw your messages regarding about the confinement lady(Jean).May I know how is her working attitudes,characters,able to handle baby well.How often she goes to market?Everytime she goes to market how much do you give her?After marketing,have some $ left and will she keep some pocket $ for herself?

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to intrude in. I m staying in Bt Batok as well. I m looking around for childcare centres ard this area, does anyone have any recommendation for reliable childcare centres?
Many Thanks in advance!

Hi, Pooh,

Jean becomes my baby's nanny after the confinement period...However we are going to release her after end March since my baby went to infant care center since this January...She was already booked by my friend in April and July...You can contact her if you are interested. Her handphone is 93895279.

Hi,

I'm currently a SAHM living at blk 390. Any mummies same blk or nearby? feel free to PM me as i hardly in this thread. I'm in Nov 2006 thread.

Hi all,
Sorry to interupt. I'm a preschool teacher as well as a education consultant living in Bt Batok too. Might able to answer some of your questions regarding about child's development or learning process. At the same time, if you are looking for tutors or teachers to coach your child in their studies or learn new things (e.g. swimming, music, phonics etc.), you can email me at [email protected]

Hi ladies.. Hi Andrea n littletotscloset..

Its been some time since this thread is so active.. currently my son who is 16mths old is being looked after by my mum, n i'm currently 6mths preggie with a baby girl due in mid-june.. so am considering of getting a maid.. sigh.. juz went maid hunting n its so tiring..

LPTING, i'm interested in the shuttle service to CBD area, care to give me more info?

Hi, Celtricia, My boy is also 16 months old. He was taken care by the nanny but he started to go to JUST KIDS since this January...
Already PM you regarding the shuttle service...

Hi Celtricia,
Congrats on your pregnancy! haven't heard from you in awhile. Learnt from Pam that you were colleagues. She's also pregnant now.

Hi LPTing,
Which section is your baby in? My older one is now in N2, and I recently put my younger boy in the infant section
happy.gif
Both are terrors! But they enjoy gg to school
happy.gif

Hi, Andrea,

My boy is in infant section...He usually goes there around nineish, sent by my nanny. And MY hubby will go to pick him up around six....
So far it's very good...but they already ruined my baby's two milk bottles...They all became white...looked like they steam it without using water....dont knwo what to do..now can only bring the bottles back everyday, and ask them not to sterilize it....sigh...

Hi Andrea,
Thanks.. ya.. been bz wif wrk n quite tiring to deal wif son n pregnancy.. Ya.. Pam n I were ex-colleagues.. hee.. I heard abt her pregnancy as well..

LPTING.. haf replied u liao..

Hi LPTing,
Oh dear... what milk bottles are you using?

I've had Zac with me over the week and these couple of days, so I've been bringing him to school everyday at abt 7. Otherwise, he's usually at my mom's for the week, and she will help me to send him and fetch him back from school.

Hey Celtricia,
Must take care... can be very tiring it's true. When I was in my last trimester, I could hardly walk... and took forever to get to anywhere! When's your EDD?

Andrea,
thanks i will.. ya.. its pretty tiring to walk tis days.. esp nw tat i got to walk all the way to MRT in the morning den when reach Raffles Place got to walk a dist to my office.. sigh.. My edd is on 17 June..

Hi terrier,
how I wish i am samh if financial can withstand. I would miss my bb when i return to work next mth. what's abt u?

Hi, Andrea,

I am using NUK premium bottles...And the teacher told me it's ok if using Piegeon ( I dont believe what they said...How can that happen?) SO now I give them the Piegeon and see if it becomes white again...

Afcai
Then who will be taking care of your bb when u return to work?

Nowadays when I walk around our neigbourhood, see quite a few mummies with babies, heeheee...I would wonder if one of them is you :p

Dear SAHMs,

My boy is 6, I have made a decision to stop at one because it is so difficult to manage childcare arrangement plus I do not have or want a maid. I wish to be a SAHM but just cannot imagine going with single income. Any SAHM willing to share your experience on how to manage household expenses?

Hi terrier,
no lah, I seldom bring my bb down the neighbouthood. the most is the coffeeshop.

my mum will be taking care of my bb.

i'm BUKIT GOMBAK mum to be, pregnant with 1 month!
going to see my gynae (for the first time) at CCK tml nite, very excited!

Welcome Kit,
Congratulations! You are entering the most exciting stage of life.

I am an old Bukit Gombak mum, my boy is already 6. Bukit Gombak is small, I am at Guilin View, what about you?

Hiya,

I'm a mum of 2 and staying in Bt Batok. Anyone know of any drawing class suitable for 6yr old boy? I'm thinking of sending mine for drawing class as I find that he's quite creative and has interest in this area.

My boy have been attending drawing classes in CC. I heard that the children art class
in Nanyang Academy of Arts is very popular.

hello mummies.

im new. staying at bt. gombak. hmmm been bz looking ard for a gd n affordable nursery fvrg my 3 yr old son. he went to little footprints early this year but gotta stop as always getting sick even caught HFMD... any suggestion?
cheers

Dear Mummmyish,

My boy was at Little Footprints for 6 mths before I switched to YWCA. I have described what happened earlier in this thread. I highly recommend YWCA but I think they only offer full time childcare. I also heard that JustKids is good.

Hi Sprice

I happen to see that the community club within Goodview garden offers children drawing lessons, age is from 4yrs old, if I'm not wrong

hello lim,
will consider just kids. any comments on d centre? tk u
happy.gif

terrier,
d art club sounds interesting. can a 3 year old join? hehe

Back