Breast augmentation - Dr Shens or Dr Colin Tham?

Did anyone did BA under any of these doctors? Would like some opinion of the BA that you've done....

Hi there.
I recently had a BA and Abdominoplasty done by Dr Tan at SW1 and I am so impressed with the results. He was kind and professional and explained everything really clearly. All expenses were listed upfront and there were no surprises. I had twins in my second pregnancy which left my stomach and breast very saggy and stretched. I now have an amazingly perky DD cup and a perfectly flat stomach. All consultations since the surgery have been included in the original surgery cost and the staff at SW1 have been friendly and excellent to deal with (even now that I have returned to Australia). I highly recommend Dr Tan if you are thinking about either of these procedures and want fantastic results.

Did anyone did BA under any of these doctors? Would like some opinion of the BA that you've done....

Hi there.
I recently had a BA and Abdominoplasty done by Dr Tan at SW1 and I am so impressed with the results. He was kind and professional and explained everything really clearly. All expenses were listed upfront and there were no surprises. I had twins in my second pregnancy which left my stomach and breast very saggy and stretched. I now have an amazingly perky DD cup and a perfectly flat stomach. All consultations since the surgery have been included in the original surgery cost and the staff at SW1 have been friendly and excellent to deal with (even now that I have returned to Australia). I highly recommend Dr Tan if you are thinking about either of these procedures and want fantastic results.

Hi Ladies

Just wanna share my experience and alternatives.
I'm a mother of 2 at the age of 28. After my youngest was delivered 9months ago, i've been through a massive weight loss due to several reasons which i'm also not able to have any weight gain after trying many vitamins or proteins. I became so skinny and breast shrunk so badly till I don't even want to face myself naked and even feel ashamed to have any intimacy with my husband. People around me mock at me and totally lost myself esteem and confidence. I decided to go for a BA and YES!, i search everywhere for options, better doctor, good recommendation and of course cost its also a concern.

I was then introduced to Dr Tan Ying Chien (SW1) from my friend. During my first appointment with him, the overall experience was incredibly great & most importantly the COMFORT IS THERE. Dr Tan and his staffs makes me feel warmly welcome and comfortable. There's no pushy in sales, they are very precised in every detail information, he knows what you want and he gave good advises that what is best for my figure as i didn't want to make it too obvious that i do a BA, so he have accurately took the measurement and shown me the 3D preview of my body with the recommended size and shape.

After the surgery, pain is definitely there but bearable as there're medication given and also local anesthesia given. I am back to my normal light routine after 3 days post operation. The results was a perfection! As what i expected! NATURAL!.

--It's no harm going for a consultation and decide later.. I'm pretty sure if you haven't undergo for any plastic surgery before you will definitely have doubts for any doctor. :)

Hi anyone has done their BA
1- Sloane / Dr. Tan : http://www.sloaneclinic.com/en-sg/aboutus/drtan.asp
- slightly more expensive (about 14k include all followups, medication, band, tape, GST)
- 1st consultation with 3D imaging about $220, not waivable.
- GA
- no long waiting time for appts, very punctual
- very prompt in replies AOH
- nurses all helpful and friendly
- need to wear band over chest (above boobs) for 1 mth after BA
- 3D imaging on ur own body to see how implants look like (90% accurate from 3D image and actual results after BA recovery)
- no scar cream, but provide scar tape
- no removal of stitches, dissolvable

2- Centre For Cosmetic Rejuvenation & Surgery / Dr. Shens : http://www.centreforcosmetic.com/profile-dr-shens/
- many of the girls in the thread previously go to Dr Shens, if not wrong costs about 11-12k ?
- if sign up for BA, i think the 1st consultation ($150 - 200 if memory serves me right can be waived)
- no need wear band
- sells scar cream
- LA + sedative
- can't remember if stitches need to be removed
- if make appt, pls be prepared to wait
- wear the implants with bra and a tight white t-shirt to guage the size on your body
- some girls worry because they clinic is quite exposed to the public area but got curtain to cover

Disclaimer : I am not against Dr. Shens, many girls were very happy with his BA too. So i guess its just personal preference.

Myself is with Dr. Tan and coming 1 year after BA :) so above is what i can remember
If anybody is interested in BA, would highly recommend Dr. Tan since i was in very good hands and very very satisfied with the results :)
May be abit more expensive but every cent is worth it

However for Dr. Colin, not sure about him (might have remembered wrongly). In the old thread (already closed down), one of the girls got CC and went to Dr. Tan to redo or something like that..
Probably wana research more but the more common doctors are Dr. Shens and Dr. Tan.

Good luck
hi what made u choose Dr Tan over e rest of the doctors ? I thought Dr shen is very popular but I m not sure ... any advise ?

Hi anyone has done their BA
1- Sloane / Dr. Tan : http://www.sloaneclinic.com/en-sg/aboutus/drtan.asp
- slightly more expensive (about 14k include all followups, medication, band, tape, GST)
- 1st consultation with 3D imaging about $220, not waivable.
- GA
- no long waiting time for appts, very punctual
- very prompt in replies AOH
- nurses all helpful and friendly
- need to wear band over chest (above boobs) for 1 mth after BA
- 3D imaging on ur own body to see how implants look like (90% accurate from 3D image and actual results after BA recovery)
- no scar cream, but provide scar tape
- no removal of stitches, dissolvable

2- Centre For Cosmetic Rejuvenation & Surgery / Dr. Shens : http://www.centreforcosmetic.com/profile-dr-shens/
- many of the girls in the thread previously go to Dr Shens, if not wrong costs about 11-12k ?
- if sign up for BA, i think the 1st consultation ($150 - 200 if memory serves me right can be waived)
- no need wear band
- sells scar cream
- LA + sedative
- can't remember if stitches need to be removed
- if make appt, pls be prepared to wait
- wear the implants with bra and a tight white t-shirt to guage the size on your body
- some girls worry because they clinic is quite exposed to the public area but got curtain to cover

Disclaimer : I am not against Dr. Shens, many girls were very happy with his BA too. So i guess its just personal preference.

Myself is with Dr. Tan and coming 1 year after BA :) so above is what i can remember
If anybody is interested in BA, would highly recommend Dr. Tan since i was in very good hands and very very satisfied with the results :)
May be abit more expensive but every cent is worth it

However for Dr. Colin, not sure about him (might have remembered wrongly). In the old thread (already closed down), one of the girls got CC and went to Dr. Tan to redo or something like that..
Probably wana research more but the more common doctors are Dr. Shens and Dr. Tan.

Good luck
hi what made u choose Dr Tan over e rest of the doctors ? I thought Dr shen is very popular but I m not sure ... any advise ?

Hello Everyone

Thot I share my experience. I did my BA with Dr Chia Hui Ling who’s now also at SW1. I wanted to share this because there are few good female plastic surgeons around and I highly recommend her, especially if you are more comfortable with a lady like me :) My partner also felt more comfortable that I had a female surgeon too haha.

My breasts were very sad :( and deflated after my 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding, but now it’s transformed... YAY!!! my only regret was not doing it earlier! Love my new breasts! She was very understanding as to what I wanted and I can tell she’s very meticulous in planning every detail. She suggested that I reduced my nipples at the same time and the whole look is exactly what I wanted! ;)

For me, it turned out perrrrfect and feels very natural. It was a bit sore and tight after surgery, but bearable and I could get up and about after 3-4 days. There’s a special bra to wear in the beginning, which limited what clothes I could wear, but only for a few weeks. Definitely all worth it. So so happy! :):):)

Hello fellow mummies

Just kaypo abit, I saw some pricing info from some site called Doctor X dentist about BA, maybe can check market rate from there or something :)

I have visited Dr Shens yesterday. I was looking for a natural looking c cup. He recommended me motiva implant as it is softer than those normal mentor implants.
The lady (I supposed to be his assistant) told me that only 3 surgeons/clinics carry motiva implants in sg.
1 is Dr Shens, 1 is for cancer breast repairing and another is a plastic surgeon. I found that the other surgeon is Dr Evan woo but can't find who is the third surgeon.
Does anyone know who is the other surgeon using motiva implant?
Any reviews on Dr Evan woo?
Or any reviews or information regarding motiva implant??

Hi beibei1230!
If I'm not wrong, motiva isnt actually FDA approved although it has been around for quite a long time. In terms of quality assurance, I think mentor is still the most reliable. Quite a few of my friends have done mentor breast implants and the results are pretty natural too!

I believe at the end of the day, the plastic surgeon you go to matters most- regardless of implant, an unskilled surgeon could still mess up and make implants look displaced/ stiff/ unnatural. I had a friend who had to go for a revision because the implant was not inserted under her muscle properly (submuscular), and her breasts ended up looking lopsided, and one being more stiff than the other.

I hope this helps!

Hello fellow mummies

Just kaypo abit, I saw some pricing info from some site called Doctor X dentist about BA, maybe can check market rate from there or something :)

yeah! quite good that this Doctorxdentist site has price information. I got some price estimates there too for fillers and botox. I always kena upsell in clinics but thankful for these articles because I know when i'm being cheated ;)

yeah! quite good that this Doctorxdentist site has price information. I got some price estimates there too for fillers and botox. I always kena upsell in clinics but thankful for these articles because I know when i'm being cheated ;)

Ya don't like getting cheated :mad:
I also planning to do some fillers soon, any good/nasty experiences with doctors you wanna share, fellow mummy :) Thanks!

Ya don't like getting cheated :mad:
I also planning to do some fillers soon, any good/nasty experiences with doctors you wanna share, fellow mummy :) Thanks!
So far I've had really good experience with Dr Justin Boey from Sozo Aesthetics. very polite and fast appointment

Hi everyone! i'm keen in BA too! now a A-- after 3 childbirth. But the cost is deterring me. No self confidence now. So hopefully can see some light soon.. lol.

Hihi,

I am also interested to do a BA. My busts are super deflated after breastfeeding two kids. Used to be a C... :( But I am concerned about recovery and the pain. For those who have done it before, how painful is it thereafter? Can I get back to doing exercise after a month?

Whoa really? Heard the clinic is like quite chic. What treatment did you do ah Tiara?

I did botox and fillers. I feel like i had a particularly good experience coz he never try to upsell me. He used only what was needed. Heard of horror stories of my friends being over-injected in one sitting. One of my friends went to a clinic and they gave her too much lip fillers and now it's all lumpy.

Hi everyone! i'm keen in BA too! now a A-- after 3 childbirth. But the cost is deterring me. No self confidence now. So hopefully can see some light soon.. lol.
i feel u leocub. :( cost is so high esp in sg.... but I think a one time good investment in a good doc and surgery is worthwhile because you dont want to end up getting a cheap BA and then have to do many revisions after cos of implant leak or bad placement of implant.

Hihi,

I am also interested to do a BA. My busts are super deflated after breastfeeding two kids. Used to be a C... :( But I am concerned about recovery and the pain. For those who have done it before, how painful is it thereafter? Can I get back to doing exercise after a month?

Hello gummi, I got my appointment for BA soon, but i felt like this article really helped me before I made a decision. It's a scary procedure and I was a bit scared that it'll hurt like mad because my pain tolerance is not very high. when i consulted my surgeon, he said that it's min 6 weeks of rest before u can have high intensity exercise. but simple and less strenuous exercises can still be done after 4 weeks.

i feel u leocub. :( cost is so high esp in sg.... but I think a one time good investment in a good doc and surgery is worthwhile because you dont want to end up getting a cheap BA and then have to do many revisions after cos of implant leak or bad placement of implant.
So Tiara, which doctor going for? dont' mind can pm me the price? My fren did in BKK .. but my only worry is the post review and if something happens.. that is.

Hello gummi, I got my appointment for BA soon, but i felt like this article really helped me before I made a decision. It's a scary procedure and I was a bit scared that it'll hurt like mad because my pain tolerance is not very high. when i consulted my surgeon, he said that it's min 6 weeks of rest before u can have high intensity exercise. but simple and less strenuous exercises can still be done after 4 weeks.

Hi Tiara,

Ya, so which doctor are you going? I finally consulted two doctors for BA. Two doctors have given me slightly different advice on the sizes. The brands of the implants are also different, and I am actually not sure which is better.

I have asked about recovery and the time needed before I can go back to doing exercises - the answers i got are also different. One said I need to back off from exercises like gym or running for 6 to 8 weeks depending on recovery,; the other said I need only 3 weeks and I could resume all of these. I am not sure who is correct. Those who have done BA before, would you be able to share? This is especially important for me as I am participating in a run, and the actual recovery time before i can resume back my runs will impact when i will go for the BA.

Hi all I thought I should share my experience here as I couldnt find much information when I was doing my research in BA. Being a mummy of 2 boys, my breasts shrunk after breastfeeding for a total of 3 years. It was always very painful when I looked at myself in the mirror given that I was a B-C before BF. So it took me loads of courage to go for BA as the last resort and to regain my femininity imo (I know size of breasts alone cannot define femininity but to me, it is). I wanted a female surgeon so I consulted Dr. Karen Sng and from her, I know my options. She is a mummy herself so I feel that she knows how mummies feel about the body changes after having kids (think smaller breasts and the tummy flab). So given that tummy tuck requires longer downtime (at least 2 weeks which I couldnt afford the time even though my insurance can cover most part of the surgery cost as I have Hernia), I decided to go for BA.

So to make the story short, I went for BA (from A to C) in early August without my hubby's knowledge and Im think I didnt regret doing it and I feel alot more confident about myself now whenever I look at myself in the mirror. Dr Karen Sng is definitely not the cheapest (at least $18k with consultations and misc) but so far, am quite happy with her bedside manner and skills. I think I just want to tell mummies who intend to do any PS to do it for themselves rather than for the hubbies. I went with Motiva implants and I was going for as natural sizing possible as Im quite petite (I couldnt do fat grafting as I dont have enough fats). The recovery from BA was also surprisingly faster and simpler than I thought notwithstanding the fact that I still have 2 toddlers to look after. And yes my hubby knew it only after he saw those medications I was taking and he was angry for a night but he has accepted it. So if anyone has any queries, do pm me :)

Last edited:
Hihi,

Hey gummi, as I shared in my post the recovery post surgery was better than I expected. Initially was afraid of GA (I had it when I went for Laprpscopy and the post effects was horrible). As I was hiding my surgery from my Hubby, I still had to resume normal activities like caring for my toddlers. I was even out with my family in the evening (the day of morning surgery) to catch fireworks and was out the whole day the next day. My surgery was on Saturday and I was back in the office on Monday. Maybe cos I had 2 C-sec so my pain tolerance is higher. But my doc did said try to go easy post surgery and no lifting allowed for at least 2 weeks (online info recommended 4-6 weeks at least). For cardio and lifing exercises, I read should be avoided for a minimum of 2-3 months so you may want to consult your surgeon.

Hey gummi, as I shared in my post the recovery post surgery was better than I expected. Initially was afraid of GA (I had it when I went for Laprpscopy and the post effects was horrible). As I was hiding my surgery from my Hubby, I still had to resume normal activities like caring for my toddlers. I was even out with my family in the evening (the day of morning surgery) to catch fireworks and was out the whole day the next day. My surgery was on Saturday and I was back in the office on Monday. Maybe cos I had 2 C-sec so my pain tolerance is higher. But my doc did said try to go easy post surgery and no lifting allowed for at least 2 weeks (online info recommended 4-6 weeks at least). For cardio and lifing exercises, I read should be avoided for a minimum of 2-3 months so you may want to consult your surgeon.
Hi Superwoman, thanks for sharing the post. From A to C is a big change, how come it can go unnoticed by your hubby and family?

So after the day surgery, you can discharge yourself? No need anyone to help you, won't you feel imbalance initially and has difficulty lifting your arms?
thanks.

You are indeed very effort, posted only 2 times to talk about one guy.

Who is the person that you are referrIng to? Can share more? It seems like you are very knowledgeable in this forum?

I received some anonymous PM since my last post and can you share more information to curb our FB mummies groups’ curiosity?

Just FYI, these threads have been actively discussed in mummies’ WhatsApp group, FB parenting groups and private discussion threads as well.

1) Many mummies have PM and share in the whatsapps group that this so called dentistX is a fake medical platform to self praise a certain surgeon and to create ridiculous non logical medical review to spam another, this unethical website is owned by a notorious unethical medical group. Is it true? Do you know the name of this group?

2) 1) Who is the guy that you are referring to? Is this the same guy that
@ssng84 refer to?
I heard that the refund case is due to him leaving that notorious medical group (now same group as that DentistX surgeon) and hence that notorious medical group is creating the fake website and spam threads to flame him.

Is it true? Please clarify so that we mummies can make a better choice to choose the right surgeon.

We look forward to hear your explanation soon.

I heard from my friend that the previous thread was shut down because there were complaints about suspicious and biased postings or something like that. Was hoping to get a balanced input from this new thread but looks like it's going in the same direction again....:( There cannot be only one guy who does breast augmentation in the whole of singapore.

hi beibei1230, that was the reason the moderator gave when they took down the thread.

hi Nic, thanks for highlighting .. actually I also heard from many others about the suspicious cases of fake breast reviews too. I also personally know that doctor has ALOT of refund cases. Threads seldom get pulled down so there MUST be a good reason why you can't find much on Dr S now. Credit to the singaporemotherhood forum for being alert ;)

I went for a consultation at Dr Karen Sng's clinic last weekend. Quite comfortable talking to her and she explained things quite nicely. Motiva implant is 17k before gst (18k from April 2018 onwards). Mentor Teardrop Implant is 16,500.

Anyone done BA with Karen Sng before?

Did with Karen Sng 2 years back. For myself, i bad experience with her. Went back for follow up, and promoted me with the silicon scar patch. Weeks after went back for follow up, promoted me with silicon gel (she claim it will be more effective), again weeks went back for follow up again, promoting me another kinda gel (again claim will be better than the gel). For my thinking, why dont she promote the best gel, why must keep saying this and that when there's a better gel for scar lightening.(oh yes, when i did not purchase from her the last gel for scar lightening, she looks pissed off, surprise me. No words)

Also to share my 2 years later experience, till today ive lost sensation in my right breast and the shape is not right. I am looking forward for my free time to replace my BA...

Hi All,

I done my BA with Dr Shens one year ago.. to be exact 14 months now. So far so good..but boobs no bounce yet..not sure it will bounce...i did 295CC.
For bruises, it didn't happen to me so obvious.. but got slight bruise and pain like having bruises.. but no worries..it will go away..i didn't do anything for that...
During my BA, we got very active thread here. A lot of advice and picture.. too bad thread closed down..
most ppl done with dr shens..to be honest, there were times i wish i have done with dr Tan..after reading from hermes..hehe..cos i feel dr shens always busy..waiting time for follow up, can be one hour...most of the time i have to wait more than 30mins...but I'm happy with the size he suggested for me...(was unhappy in the beginning as i wanted to go for bigger)...now I'm thinking lucky i didn't go for bigger...
my op was on friday and following monday i go back to work...pain was ok..
whoever going or thinking about going, all the best...im not regret about it...

Hi supergreen,
Like your message. I am always wondering the relationship between cc and cup size. how many cup sizes can increase with 295 cc? You had Motiva or another brand? I couldn't find enough threads regarding this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone

Thot I share my experience. I did my BA with Dr Chia Hui Ling who’s now also at SW1. I wanted to share this because there are few good female plastic surgeons around and I highly recommend her, especially if you are more comfortable with a lady like me :) My partner also felt more comfortable that I had a female surgeon too haha.

My breasts were very sad :( and deflated after my 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding, but now it’s transformed... YAY!!! my only regret was not doing it earlier! Love my new breasts! She was very understanding as to what I wanted and I can tell she’s very meticulous in planning every detail. She suggested that I reduced my nipples at the same time and the whole look is exactly what I wanted! ;)

For me, it turned out perrrrfect and feels very natural. It was a bit sore and tight after surgery, but bearable and I could get up and about after 3-4 days. There’s a special bra to wear in the beginning, which limited what clothes I could wear, but only for a few weeks. Definitely all worth it. So so happy! :):):)

Hi QueenB,

Can you share what implants did you choose and how much was the procedure? Thanks!

Hi All,

Keen to go BA too.

There are several suggestions on P surgeon, base on your personal experience. Who do you suggest?

- what's the total cost including the bra and follow ups to prepare

- do we still need to massage on our own after BA ?

- Do we still have sensation after BA?

- will our hub be uncomfortable with the touch? Any remarks or comments from your other half?

- for all u who have had BA over years, does it sag over the years? How do we maintain the perky?

- how many days of leave do we need to apply for?

- I'm caring for active toddlers in childcare, will the movements affect the shape straight after BA?

Hi everyone, sorry I am new here.

I have done quite extensive research about implants and here is my view.

Mentor and Allergan implants-

-they carry both smooth and textured implants- (microtextured)
-these are fixed shape implants, they do no change in shape when you stand up or lie down, in fact if you do yoga and a headstand, the teardrop implant is upside down, hahaha
- smooth implants have a higher capsular contracture rate ( capsule is a scar tissue that forms around the implant and tightens over the implants by increasing in thickness )
- capsular contracture rate for smooth implants about 5% and microtextured implants - about 2.5%, half of smooth implants, so why bother with smooth implants
- NEWEST finding that everyone needs to know that is established and available in the literature since November 2017 is that microtextured implants can cause lymphoma of the breast, risk of about 1 in 3000 and upwards. This is scientific data that is widely available. If you get lymphoma, you will need to remove the implant and the capsule and need to remove lymph nodes and undergo chemotherapy- yikes!!!!!
- so the question is which implants can give rise to lymphoma- it is also a well established fact that both mentor and Allergan textured implants have caused lymphoma so far and most people who have done their research now avoid these 2 brands to be safe.
- so what if they are made in the US or are FDA approved, they can cause LYMPHOMA!
- FDA approved just means that the implant is made in the US for implants to be allowed to be used in USA
- if an implant is not made in a US Factory, it cannot be regarded as FDA approved. In fact FDA approved implants cannot leave the US and THERE ARE NO FDA APPROVED IMPLANTS AVAILABLE IN SINGAPORE,
If any dr in singapore tells you that they are using fda approved implants in singapore, it is a blatant lie. The mentor implants available in singapore come from Amsterdam and they are NOT FDA APPROVED!
- which is why most Americans are flying out of the US to have their surgeries performed with safer implants in Europe!

Last edited:
round 2

what other implants are available in Singapore?

- there was an implant called SILIMED which was available in Singapore and it is now discontinued due to problems
- there is now an implant called MOTIVA

Is MOTIVA new?
-it has been in the market for more than 10 years now and is undergoing clinical trials for FDA approval
-FDA approval can only be started once the implant had been used outside of US for 10 years and that is why it is undergoing FDA trials now.
- if the implant is not good, it will not even be approved for FDA trials

What is the difference in the Motiva implant
- it is the softest implant in the market available to woman who want to feel as natural as possible
-the only implant that does not have a fixed shape, this implant can become teardrop when you stand and round when you lie down, and during yoga, it can imitate a natural breast by "moving" accordingly
-it has nano texturing, which is a further advantage- it reduces capsular contracture to less than 1% and it has no incidence of lymphoma bec it does not cause the inflammation that the other textured implants cause

Having all these information in hand, why would woman in Singapore want to use the other brands???
1. they have not done enough research
2. most drs in Singapore do not have access to Motiva - only 4 surgeons who do a lot more breast augmentations carry the Motiva brand, this is something that we hear from the bloggers and the media and those who have gone for consultations with other drs
3. Some drs advertise that only FDA approved implants are the best for whatever reason

Hi Superwoman, thanks for sharing the post. From A to C is a big change, how come it can go unnoticed by your hubby and family?

So after the day surgery, you can discharge yourself? No need anyone to help you, won't you feel imbalance initially and has difficulty lifting your arms?
thanks.

Hi leocub, I was a B-C before pregnancy and for the implants, I wanted pre-pregnancy sizes due to my petite frame size so wasnt really a big change (of course hubby will know the difference sizes in different stages). Till date if I dont say, no one will know I did the surgery too so I will say I chose the right size. Hubby suspected only he saw me taking medications and I have to come clean with him that I went for BA.

For me, it was easier than I expected but I will advise to have someone accompany during discharge in case you dont feel well after the surgery as it's quite individual for post surgery effects. I had to wear a binder when discharged so upper body movements will be restricted anyway.

Last edited:
Did with Karen Sng 2 years back. For myself, i bad experience with her. Went back for follow up, and promoted me with the silicon scar patch. Weeks after went back for follow up, promoted me with silicon gel (she claim it will be more effective), again weeks went back for follow up again, promoting me another kinda gel (again claim will be better than the gel). For my thinking, why dont she promote the best gel, why must keep saying this and that when there's a better gel for scar lightening.(oh yes, when i did not purchase from her the last gel for scar lightening, she looks pissed off, surprise me. No words)

Also to share my 2 years later experience, till today ive lost sensation in my right breast and the shape is not right. I am looking forward for my free time to replace my BA...

Hi Sim.Iris, sorry to hear that you didnt have a pleasant experience with Dr. Sng. We have the same surgeon and Im actually comfortable with her. She is definitely not the cheapest surgeon around but I believe her skills are superb (honestly sometimes I forget I have BA done) and my stitches are almost non-existent given that Im susceptible to keloids on my c-sect wound. For the tape and gel, I used the tape after my csect so I know its purpose. As for the Dermatix gel, my son is using it for his wound and so I didnt get it from her too. Anyway the pricing is similar to the retail pricing. I will still recommend her for those who are comfortable with female surgeons.

Hi Superwoman_cqy,

I agree with you that Dr Karen is a good surgeon and I have also noted that this forum is a bit biased and a few fake accounts are all promoting a particular surgeon in Wisma Atria with minimum experience. It is in fact quite clear that about 8-10 accounts are created to put down some very senior surgeons like Dr Karen. They think that by undermining the reputation of these surgeons and recommending that particular surgeon, more people will go to the newbie surgeon. The older more experienced surgeons are known even to the world and they do very good work and still give talks about the newer methods in oversea conferences. There are also a lot of fake news in a forum called doctor x dentist and the so called guidelines that this particular dr talks about is fake news and not representative of the real world. He says that FDA approved breast implants are available in singapore when there are no such implants in singapore. I would strongly urge the people who are keen to go for breast augmentation to find out more about the implants so that you do not go for the wrong procedure or brand. The doctor x dentist forum is also a paid advertisement by the doctors. A lot of these fake spammers are out there to drop names and talk badly about some surgeons just so that they can improve their own businesses. These spammers are actually working with the dr in Wisma Atria and you know who you are. I had the experience of going for a consultation at Wisma Atria and found that the dr was very superficial and not experienced enough at his work. The frontdesk was extremely pushy and found out that they are working for a commission, it is appalling that such practsies are carried it at a dr’s clinic let alone a plastic surgeon. This particular dr also uses a lot of bloggers and a lot of them only recently popped out in the internet due to aggressive marketting tactics. It shows that these are not genuine reviews. Those drs who got spammed include Dr Karen. This practise should not be condoned. This forum should be about positive reviews and not to undermine drs. If the patient is really not getting their result, they should have just sought remedy with Singapore Medical Council. That is the right thing to do!

Hi QueenB,

Can you share what implants did you choose and how much was the procedure? Thanks!

Hey I just saw your post. I did a 280cc and it was only about 13k. Think dr chia might have others. Its super pretty and i'm very happy with the results :)

Last edited:
Hi, those who hv done with dr shens.... is the breast nice in shape n soft?

hi hi i am looking at breast enhancement articles too. its my friend who brought attention for me. hahaha. she thinking of getting some breast implants.
meifen, have u visited yet? can share abt your appointment? I read his article on breast augmentation
sounds pretty decent and informative.
pls share your experience with us thank you in advance!

Getting back on this after a year! so after much consideration, I chose to go with Motiva implant suggested by Dr Shens last year. The experience I had throughout the whole process was pretty smooth and I in fact have built some good relationship with his nurses and friendly staffs because of my on-going questions and concerns during both before/after surgery. I'm extremely happy and satisfied with the result. The scars are very short, which is about 2.5cm. Dr Shens claimed that it is the shortest incision ever done, as it was only possible by Motiva implant. I'm very bad at giving explanation on why Motiva is great but all I can say is that I made a right choice. Whoever is interested, I strongly recommend to go consult with Dr Shens because for me, he took time to explain about the whole procedure, how it is done, the pros and cons, the alternative options (i.e. fat transfer to breast), etc. He also gave me plenty of room to ask him questions regarding the procedure because I was very confused at that moment. My husband was even more confused haha... Right now I feel so grateful because the scars I had in previous months got almost healed and it kinda blends well with my skin tone now. Needless to say that the shape of my breast looks more natural. Now that's the ultimate result I was expecting! I suggest you to go down straight for consultation and you'll get to see plenty of before/after pictures and i'm sure dr shens will help you clarify all your doubts. I made my decision with confidence to undergo BI procedure with him. No regrets for me! You can make the right decision too :)

Getting back on this after a year! so after much consideration, I chose to go with Motiva implant suggested by Dr Shens last year. The experience I had throughout the whole process was pretty smooth and I in fact have built some good relationship with his nurses and friendly staffs because of my on-going questions and concerns during both before/after surgery. I'm extremely happy and satisfied with the result. The scars are very short, which is about 2.5cm. Dr Shens claimed that it is the shortest incision ever done, as it was only possible by Motiva implant. I'm very bad at giving explanation on why Motiva is great but all I can say is that I made a right choice. Whoever is interested, I strongly recommend to go consult with Dr Shens because for me, he took time to explain about the whole procedure, how it is done, the pros and cons, the alternative options (i.e. fat transfer to breast), etc. He also gave me plenty of room to ask him questions regarding the procedure because I was very confused at that moment. My husband was even more confused haha... Right now I feel so grateful because the scars I had in previous months got almost healed and it kinda blends well with my skin tone now. Needless to say that the shape of my breast looks more natural. Now that's the ultimate result I was expecting! I suggest you to go down straight for consultation and you'll get to see plenty of before/after pictures and i'm sure dr shens will help you clarify all your doubts. I made my decision with confidence to undergo BI procedure with him. No regrets for me! You can make the right decision too :)

Hi there! I'm a 26 years old this year, wanted to ask if going through BI will affect breastfeeding in the future if I would like to get pregnant? My hub is pretty skeptical about letting me get a boob job. What's the pain level like? My threshold towards pain is quite low so I am a tiny tad worry. Will I be able to head back to work aft that? How is Dr.Shens like? I heard he's a perfectionist, so was thinking of consulting him. Does their clinic take credit card installment payment?

Hi there! I'm a 26 years old this year, wanted to ask if going through BI will affect breastfeeding in the future if I would like to get pregnant? My hub is pretty skeptical about letting me get a boob job. What's the pain level like? My threshold towards pain is quite low so I am a tiny tad worry. Will I be able to head back to work aft that? How is Dr.Shens like? I heard he's a perfectionist, so was thinking of consulting him. Does their clinic take credit card installment payment?

Hi Elizabeth! I guess that’s very common. My hubby was also very skeptical at the beginning stage. I told him to go down for consultation with me first and make the decision later. He got convinced after 2 long consultation we had with dr shens on different days. We took sometime before deciding to proceed with the BI surgery though. Not only my husband, but even I was very skeptical about a lot of things, especially whether would it affect breastfeeding, etc. What I understood from my personal researches and also with dr shen’s explanation, silicone from the implant cannot go through the mammary glands and eventually into breast milk, hence it would not affect the breastfeeding. There are other factors dr shens was mentioning though, which to me was convincing enough to go for the procedure.

And trust me, I’m very bad at tolerating even minimum level of pain. I was very concerned about it and thats when Dr shen mentioned about this techinque but in all medical terms which I find it little difficult to explain here haha… If I remember correctly, at the start of the procedure, there is some nerve block that he uses which is pretty awesome in controlling pain relief and this is his own technique and only available in his clinic.

About getting back to work - I took a week off post surgery, but the nurses told me that I can go back to work after 2nd or 3rd day. I had very little struggle on the waterproof dressing first 3-4 days but other than that I was pretty good.

On how is Dr Shens like? I personally found him very friendly and both me and my husband felt very comfortable talking to him. He is very approachable. I reached him over the phone call myself couple of times after the consultation and he was patient enough to walk me through with all my concerns.

And yes they take credit card instalment too… I hope I answered all your questions… If you ask me, I’d recommend you to go consult with dr shen as you might have plenty of questions and I believe he will help you out with all your concerns. You’d then catch up from there yourself :)

Hi all I thought I should share my experience here as I couldnt find much information when I was doing my research in BA. Being a mummy of 2 boys, my breasts shrunk after breastfeeding for a total of 3 years. It was always very painful when I looked at myself in the mirror given that I was a B-C before BF. So it took me loads of courage to go for BA as the last resort and to regain my femininity imo (I know size of breasts alone cannot define femininity but to me, it is). I wanted a female surgeon so I consulted Dr. Karen Sng and from her, I know my options. She is a mummy herself so I feel that she knows how mummies feel about the body changes after having kids (think smaller breasts and the tummy flab). So given that tummy tuck requires longer downtime (at least 2 weeks which I couldnt afford the time even though my insurance can cover most part of the surgery cost as I have Hernia), I decided to go for BA.

So to make the story short, I went for BA (from A to C) in early August without my hubby's knowledge and Im think I didnt regret doing it and I feel alot more confident about myself now whenever I look at myself in the mirror. Dr Karen Sng is definitely not the cheapest (at least $18k with consultations and misc) but so far, am quite happy with her bedside manner and skills. I think I just want to tell mummies who intend to do any PS to do it for themselves rather than for the hubbies. I went with Motiva implants and I was going for as natural sizing possible as Im quite petite (I couldnt do fat grafting as I dont have enough fats). The recovery from BA was also surprisingly faster and simpler than I thought notwithstanding the fact that I still have 2 toddlers to look after. And yes my hubby knew it only after he saw those medications I was taking and he was angry for a night but he has accepted it. So if anyone has any queries, do pm me :)

Hi Superwoman,
It's a big change from A to C? That's how many cc each side? 250cc is my guess :) . thanks for sharing!

Hi Superwoman,
It's a big change from A to C? That's how many cc each side? 250cc is my guess :) . thanks for sharing!

Hi ying1223.. as I was B-C before pregnancy and breastfeeding so no one really notices the changes after BA except for my hubby. But after weaning off my 2nd child from bf, mine were really flat compared to before (A- and A) and that was when I decided to go for BA to get my pre-pregn sizes ( I could have gone for larger cups but that will be too obvious for my frame :). I opted for 315cc and 235 cc.

Hi Ladies!

Just here to share my personal experience with BA. I did my procedure last year with Dr Tan Ying Chien at SW1 clinic (was previously from the Sloane clinic).

I have been contemplating on doing this procedure for a long time and I finally told myself that if I’m gonna do it, it has to be now! I gave a call to the clinic and the nurse who attended to my call was so incredibly patient and knowledgeable. That really helped put me at ease when I made my first appointment.

On my first visit, I pleasantly surprised that the clinic was very discreet. I was whisked away into a room where I filled up the form and had a consultation with Dr Tan. I was quite nervous at first but really thankful that Dr Tan managed to put me at ease by keeping things very casual but professional at the same time.

I was later led to a room where the 3D photos and measurements were taken. At this time, you’ll be asked to pick your dream size. Of course I wanted something natural so I thought just a size up would do.. but during the consultation with Dr Tan, he shared with me about other women’s personal experiences with choosing the size and also gave his professional opinion on the size that would suit my body best. I’m just Super thankful I took his advise because now, I even received compliments from an SA about my body’s proportion randomly.

I can’t say enough good things about it and I wished I had done it years ago! There’s nothing scary about the procedure. Dr Tan is really sweet and patient. He takes time to answer all my questions and he really cares about his patients! My experience and results are amazing! I can’t thank him enough for everything!

Hi all,

I am recently considering BA after ending my BF journey for my second baby. My almost non-existent boobs are practically really non-existent, even flatter than flat itself and I sometimes even can’t bear looking myself in the mirror.

I have been studying quite a bit about BA but it seems like most people go for implants. I wonder if any women out there went for fat grafting? Please share your experiences if any. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all,

Anyone did fat transfer? Will the cost be the same as breast augmentation?

For those of you who did BA, so your breast will feel soft after 6months?

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Hello all,

I had my BA done by Dr. Tan summer 2018. Instead of the implants, I opted for fat transfer to augment my breasts.

First, the office space was welcoming and warm. Dr. Tan is also welcoming and warm. He was very understanding as I had an awful experience at another plastic surgeon for a neck lift. I felt like I mattered rather than another surgery another paycheck. He didn't push any agendas and was supportive of decisions I made. His staff is wonderful too. Each of his staff has distinct personalities. However, I could feel that they all wanted me to feel cared for and safe. In addition to my BA, I was also very happy with Dr. Tan's liposuction, fat transfers to my hands and elbows, and scar repairs. I am very happy with the experience and the results. I feel more confident now and I'm appreciative to all of them for making that happen.

Hello all,

I had my BA done by Dr. Tan summer 2018. Instead of the implants, I opted for fat transfer to augment my breasts.

First, the office space was welcoming and warm. Dr. Tan is also welcoming and warm. He was very understanding as I had an awful experience at another plastic surgeon for a neck lift. I felt like I mattered rather than another surgery another paycheck. He didn't push any agendas and was supportive of decisions I made. His staff is wonderful too. Each of his staff has distinct personalities. However, I could feel that they all wanted me to feel cared for and safe. In addition to my BA, I was also very happy with Dr. Tan's liposuction, fat transfers to my hands and elbows, and scar repairs. I am very happy with the experience and the results. I feel more confident now and I'm appreciative to all of them for making that happen.

Hi Bella,
Care to share approx how much was the damage? Is it dr Tan from sW1 clinic?

For those of you who had done BA, have you all read about breast augmentation illness? I happened to see it from IG and a lot ladies have went for explant recently.

And, those who had done for more than 3yrs, did you all went for regular MRI scan?

Hi Bella,
Care to share approx how much was the damage? Is it dr Tan from sW1 clinic?

For those of you who had done BA, have you all read about breast augmentation illness? I happened to see it from IG and a lot ladies have went for explant recently.

And, those who had done for more than 3yrs, did you all went for regular MRI scan?

Yes, Dr. Tan from SW1 Clinic.

He gives a better rate if you pay to have a consultation with him.

$14,000 SGD for the fat transfer to my breasts but he included in that price other fat transfers to my elbows and hands which also looks fantastic.

I did not get anything put into my breasts except fat from my body. So, I cannot comment about explants. The fat transfer is fantastic and my breasts still look lovely and natural.

Since I had this done summer 2018, I haven't yet had an MRI and so do not know about this yet.

Hope this answers helped :)

Back