Boon Keng Mommy's Club

ya the kids will perform for every "invited parents" sessions leh... Teachers always say my girl was so well to sing and dance when learning/ practising... but on actual day, when she saw us, she wld cling to us and didnt want to go to perform lor... sigh!!! so thinking maybe we dont "see" her, she can be as normal to sing n dance like in class...

HI EiLiYa,

hey me took pm leave yest so to be there @ 1730hrs... this time, my girl sang & danced... yipee!!! or else "waste" my leave... keke... didnt manage to catch you leh....

Hi Esh-Mummy,
hi hi... great to see you too...

Hi Diana,

Ya, CS is convenient if you're ard Boon Keng area. Don't think there are many other options ard that area...

Hi Reiner,

I was there at 1730 also. My son was stoning there and seems least interested. After that he was cranky which was very unlike of him. Later I realised that he was actually hungry!! I think he probably didn't get to eat much during snack time...sometimes they miss giving him his packet milk also!

Which one is your girl? You took pic?

3056979.jpg

My son is the one standing besides the girl with pillow. Stoning... Kekeke...

cant see my girl from your posted pic... my girl is standing behind the gril with 2 ponytail who is just beside your boy... she's too small size lah... short hair, tiny eyes... keke... she's quite fair lor...

you mean the ordered milk? marigold one right? hmmmmm...

this is the 1st time, the performance session is in the classroom... It used to be in the open space - the space where they have their makan... but agape has to make another room up for the mobile infant... miss the "old times"... spacious, "bigger stage"...

uh.. any comment on the question popped by an adult (grandma of PG?) regarding the teacher and children ratio? what do you think eh?

so what time did you leave?

we gone to the 8th floor @ 1930hrs, but nobody there yet... so we left aro 1945hrs...

Is your girl the short hair one at the extreme left of this pic? You're right...its a bit cramp in there. Especially the games playing part. We played the 1st game and went outside shortly. Too crowded...

Ya, the ordered Marigold milk. Did you order it too? Actually I prefered that they give him formula just like in CS. But since everyone is giving packet I didn't want to "deprive" him of it as he prefers packet milk than formula.

Ehh...it was so noisy like market that I only heard the question but didn't really hear the answer. What was the supervisor's reply arh?

I left before 1930. Wanted to go to the 8th floor but I saw so many people leaving so I thought it has been canceled. Since you leave at 1945 and no one was there, most likely it was canceled also. I think most people went home for dinner...

3057230.jpg

nope that's my gal classmate... still cant see her in this pic... hmmmm... let me go home n download bah...

nope didnt order for the marigold one... coz bot it before to let my girl try, but she cldnt finish it lor... so think its a waste to throw away...

diana replied that as according to MCYS rule, for the PG is 1: 8... now PG has 13kids (if me got it right lah), there are 2 teachers yah... but the "grandma" kept on saying "not enough".. esp on the diaper changing... think her grandkid has nappy rash... then diana said the teachers r doing toilet training!!! and she getting more teachers lor.. me just "uhhhh??" tot toilet training gotta start from home 1st leh... the grandma is too much lor... Teachers are to teach leh - not to clear the shits... they are to further enforce the toilet training lor, provided started from home lor...

actually mil thinks like that grandma too, keke... cause my niece has nappy rash too... but sil n mil dont start it and expect tecahers to do miracle to do the toilet training lor... and they complain n complain...

extract from mcys:-
Trained Programme Staff-Child Ratio
1. Table 1: Programme Staff-Child Ratio
AGE OF CHILDREN TRAINED PROGRAMME
STAFF-CHILD RATIO
2 months - 18 months>> 1:5 ^^ think agape is 1:3?
Above 18 months - 30 months >> 1:8 ^^ agape has 1:6, is it?
Above 30 months - 3 years >> 1:12
Above 3 years - 4 years >> 1:15
Above 4 years - below 7 years >>1:25

my gril did have nappy rash when @ CS... @ that time (aro 18 month), she already know how to tell us of her shsh lor even on diaper.. but CS didnt bother to take note of this lor, angry with CS but cldnt do much yah, said also no use bah...

then it was agape go extra mile to let my girl to go diaperless in the daytime... even napping... so credit to agape...

Ooh...the aunty kept complaining not enough arh. When the teachers increase, the price will also increase. I hope she won't complain when that day comes. I remember the aunty was sitting at the back row. She was talking away loudly when Diana started to intro. Very distracting.

I feel toilet training has to be both ways. Can't be totally centre's responsibility. But at the same time, it is also tough to just start it at home if the centre is not also training them. It is good that they are increasing the no. of teachers and also starting toilet training. I tried toilet training my son but he rather play with the potty than sit on it. But lately he has been telling me especially in the shower that he wants to wee wee. I believe it is the training they are starting now. I'm not in a hurry actually, as and when he start to learn I am ok with it. Putting on diapers for him is also easy on me. Hahaha... just my excuse for being a lazy mum.

ya cost increase too... keke... then comes the complains again lor... no wonder hard to find teachers lor... so the win-win will be dont put kis @ cc, care for yourself... then the ratio is wonderful>> 1:1... yeah!!!

ya its a both way thingy. but me still think shall start @ home 1st.

Hi, just to share.. man caught stealing bras at McNair Rd flat, picture posted on My Paper today. I m staying there, encountered missing bras for few times..

Dear mummies,

I am new to the thread.
I am staying at potong pasir, which is v near to boonkeng
Thinking of sending my gal to a playgroup which is like 2 - 3 times per week.
She is 18mths old now.
Any good recommendations?
Thanks so much.

Hi Reiner,

You going for the fundraising at Agape coming Sat morning? I forgot to send in the form but will probably buy some coupons to support. Hope to see you there!

ya ya... sort of " bo bian" lah... gotta support lah... we bot 2tic - 40bucks and the CD cost 20bucks... so damage 60bucks...

the CD consists the photos of your kid in agape leh... the one which you saw on that meet the perent session bah... me didnt attend on that day, is my hb told me one lor... is a small slip not together with the coupon thingy one.... but the 20bucks is for the fund raising too... so we buy lor... or else will ask N1 parents to share share... haha!!!

Oic... I was there and heard about the CD thing. Didn't know it cost $20 and didn't see the slip. I was still wondering when and how can we get the CD. Will check with the teacher this evening. If its for charity, I don't mind donating $20 for it. Unlike CS, they also charged us for $20 for the rehearsal CDs which they keep in their pockets. Btw, I don't think this CD can be shared cos' they did mention the CDs will contain individual kid's pictures right? Or all will be inside?

me got the CD already... ya teacher grace said that she gonna put more of my girl photos in the CD lor... my girl had been playing the CD to everyone whenever they are back from work, like her shushu, gugu, then us... keke. lotsa photos...

my colleague's grand daughter's cc gives the CD leh @ every year end hor... not a single cent charge...

Hi

Anyone enroll their child in Care Corner or YWCA macnair? Can give advice on the childcare centre. Thanks!

Hi Feng,

My son was there since jun 09, so far quite ok! Depends on what you are looking at ....
How old is your child?

Hi bel22

My boy is going to be two years old coming Jan. Is ur child at Care corner or YWCA? Like to know if ur child is at playgroup when u enroll or other level? Can you tell me if the teachers n principal are good?

Hi Feng

My son was in YWCA since june, he joins when he is 2 years old therefore he is in N1T class, the smaller class.

hi bel22
i m new here and want to ask how the environment in YWCA? Is it very messy? I went the other day to take a peek outside and was overwhelm with the mess at the office area.

Hi Feng
My gal is also turning 2 yr in Jan 10. I am also looking for cc(playgroup) for her now... Ha..
happy.gif

Hi Superbee,

I don't know how to answer you leh! kekekeke ... The office is small and cramp as this is a very old building. As for the environment, so far quite ok cos mostly the kids over there is siblings .... meaning jiejie or korkor in upper level and didi or meimei in the playgroup.

Bel22
my hubby n I went into the building and hang around office area. Then hubby commented that it like very messy lo. So I felt like they tried to put a lot of things in a small building? I went Cherie heart at macpherson n like the environment ie clean n neat but I don't like their program. I m very mah fan hor... Went creative star Yesterday to c c look look n mrs wong didn't take my temperature n let me go in???? hmmm... Really dilemma which cc to sign up

Hi,

Why you don't like the Cherie Heart programme? Cherie Heart should be quite reputable!
Yes agreed, difficult to source for CC esp we want the best for the kid.
YWCA building is old so you see a bit cramp in the office. But is a organisation so .. so far is ok! Maybe you can check the Agrape at Kallang MRT, over there maybe a better choice. Or the Montesorri at the CC, near to Boon Keng Market.

bel22
oh the reason is becos the principal tell me that they dont teach phonics for playgroup as they felt the playgroup age is too young to understand which i disagree totally cos my girl is attending zoophonics for 8 wks and she can say/remember half of the phonics now.
happy.gif
to me, learning phonics is part of the criteria cos i have stopped the zoophonic class due to the travelling distance thus hope my girl can learn from cc instead.
agape is very near me cos i stayed nxt to kallang mrt! just called them and found out that got discount if i have ocbc cda a/c. can make use of my younger bb cda to pay for my elder fees but i need to change bank first cos mine is standard chart cda... :p

bel22

I went to visit YWCA last weekend. Don't like the environment. Overall too cluttered and not clean enough for a childcare. Infact find that CareCorner environment and principal is better than YWCA. Good thing is school fees is cheaper too.

Hi Feng,

O.... Care Corner was in my list previously too! Care Corner is more spacious as compared to YWCA. Hope you find the CC that you like! smile
happy.gif

Hi Aspring,

I will suggest that you go down to St Elmo and take a look at the environment b4 putting ur kid there. I find the ventilation of the school not very good, not enuff space also.

Any mummies' kids in Ascension Kindergarten? I m looking for someone to help me to ferry my kids to and fro school for the 2nd session. Let me know your charges if you can offer help. Thanks.

Hi Jade,
your child in ascension? one of the preschools i considering for my dd. what are the fees like? how come u dun consider school bus? i see the bus pass our place every morning

anyone's kid in maris kidz? is on top of whampoa ntuc.

i really headache dunno where to put my girl. she born in 2008. is it next year can start nursery? means must apply this year right? totally lost...

Hi Juz Us

Nursery 1 (N1) is for 3 yrs old, since your gal born in 2008 she will be 3 yrs next year so she will be in N1. Application depends on the preschool, you can visit some of the school near to your house to find out about their curriculum, fees, registration procedures. You will also have to decide if you are placing her in childcare or kindergarten. Childcare is full day and kinder is usually 3 hours.

hi diveera!
thanks for the clarification
my girl is born oct 2008; means also same time to enter as the rest?

we're keen on kindergarten instead of full day care. around our area, seems mostly ccc right? can share which are kindys?

thanks

Hi juz us

Yes, you start the same time cos the registration is by the year they are born and not the month for nursery. Unless you are placing her in playground, they will go by the month she turns 18 months.

My gal is in CC all along so can't comment much on kindys. There are a few around actually other than Ascension, you can call up the churches around like Kim Keat Christian Church http://www.kkcc.org.sg/kindergarten.html , Elim Church http://www.elimchurch.org.sg/kindergarten. I believe there maybe more around this area. Good luck in finding one!

Thanks again =) will check out the links.

but hoping to hear from some whose kids are attending kindy in the vicinity? which kindy and how u find it? seems most kids are at CCC?

Hi Ladies, any of your kiddos in Creative Star Kids Campus child care? If yes, do you have the class photo of last year N1, 2009 and the dvd for the 2009 year end concert? I missed the deadline for the order placement.

Small Bell,
welcome to the neighbourhood
happy.gif

Am looking for IFC around the area. But not keen to put my 6 month old baby in Creative star as it's non-aircon and nearby has construction. Any recommendations?

Hi all,

I have some Agape School items for sale:
1) 4 sets of BOY, size 26 school uniform (only worn for a mth)
2) 1 agape school bag (only use for 5 days, as change to new school bag when old one spoilt)
3) 1 mattress & 2 mattress cover (mattress cover 1 set is brand new)

Pls email to [email protected] if you are interested!

hi mummies

Just wanna share this.
I have a lobang for Mamil Gold Step 2, good discounts and free delivery to your home.
PM me for more details.

hi there

Any mummies sent there kids to Foochow Methodist Kindergarten along Race Course Road?
Any feedback?

Or Canaan Church Kindergarten or Elim Church Kindergarten?

TIA!

Hi oink!
my girl will be joining canaan next jan =)
i quite like their premises, more quiet than elim which is near main road
program starts 8.15-11.15, but they have an afternoon session too i think 1130-230
morning session they start with outdoor play then come in for learning
they have chinese twice a week and from k level onwards, have enrichment for chinese, painting etc.

hth =)

hi juz us

u have registered your girl for their class in 2011?
i just called up, the lady only mentioned registration starting in May.

I have not seen their premises yet, will go by next week to take a look. Wanted to compare their curriculum between the 3 kindy..

Back