Boon Keng Mommy's Club

celeste,
me not so keen on infantcare leh, cos would prefer a nanny to have undivided attention for my kid. but actually i also dont know much about infantcare cos i don't have any friends or relatives who sent their kids their before. anybody can share their experience? i so heartpain to leave in infantcare leh.. but then recently this week newspaper had an article on it right.. saying that more parents leaving their kids there.

this monday i'll be going for my next scan, hoping that baby will cooperate and show us if boy or girl!

Leereiner,
is the tai pei center the one with the huge buddha statue on top of the building? the one at the junction diagonally opposite the ICA building? sounds so familiar...

celeste,

thks.. the teacher assistant misled me then? if really accept, iz a relief..

My hubby from Hong Wen, so was thinking also of hong wen since it is a SAP school. but my mandarin not so powerful leh.. Seems like must be a member of alumni for a couple of years for ex- students as it is popular.. not sure about results though. Children really learn alot of bad stuff if placed in wrong school..

My alternative is Marymount Convent, since my alumni.. but much further and need school bus.. but students are more well behaved.. since my best friend is teaching there, so i am more updated..

YWCA, too far for me, since i now stay upper boon keng n MIL in st. george. gotta walk a distance actually..

Leereiner,
i know about Tai Pei center, and it is the one with the buddha statue, but no idea got childcare leh..

ya ya mummies, tai pei is the one with the big buddha statue one.... have been eyeing their childcare since me girl is 3mth old... ha!!! coz it the nearest to my home.... but they accept 3yrs onwards only and gotta be TOILET TRAINED.... so wanna find out more of the ctr... called up 1st time, the teacher said my girl die die gotta be toilet trained, the teachers not gonna do the job and to clear the dirty jobs. but called up last week, this time diff teacher ans. And she said its good that my girl is TOILET TRAINED, if not, the teachers will train her. now my girl knows how to said poo poo only and to us only. she still cant/ dare not/ dunno how to tell teachers @ creative ctr leh... sigh!!

ya went thru the moe website then know that hong wen is a SAP sch.... hmmmmmm difficult to get in eh? my pri sch was no more so is my hubby one.... so no link @ all... ha!!!

hi blur,

creative has HFMD case, 1 infant.... so my hubby said we gotta keep our girl at home for this week to observe. how aobut you?

my MIL said the ctr not clean, the floor is sticky and dirty. dunno whether they clean the toys, the chairs, tables, the place or not....

Leereiner,

bestcare montessori, where is it? i saw a neighbour in st. george's, their kids wearing the uniform.. saw u mentioned kallang cc? where iz kallang cc?

hey,
there is a new playgroup at geylang west cc @ upper boon keng road.. called talent plus.. any mummies went to reccee liaoz?

BESTCARE: 45, BOON KENG ROAD, KALLANG COMMUNITY CLUB, SINGAPORE 339771... opp of city view

ya me knew there's a playgrp @ geylang west cc... just opp my hse. but found the pl is full of walls, not windows. fully air-con. But it used to be HAPPY TOWN childcare sorta one leh... now change to this talent plus liao eh? talent plus is not a full day childcare one right?

hi blur,

do you bring your girl to creative? called the ctr, mrs pay said better not to bring over till this pm. to wait for her call.

Leereiner,
so it was Creative? My ger diagnosed with HFMD on last Thur (03 Jul). Her last day was Monday at Creative (30th June). She started her new cc on 1st July which is at Blk 14 st.george there. Doctor said HFMD usually need bout at least 3 days to appear one. So that means my ger prob got it from Creative
sad.gif

Hehe, so u same as me...unless that sch is really famous for notorious kids otherwise as long as acceptable then i wont bother liowz
happy.gif

btw, I have popped oledi on 25th June...haha...doing confinement now. Tats y really suay that my ger kenna HFMD
sad.gif
And yes, i ordered the pictures.....but hor i withdraw my ger liowz so i guess they cancelled my pics? Btw tell u a secret lah...u can ask Mrs Wong one...ask her can give u the pics in thumbdrive format anot...then u pass them the thumbdrive?
happy.gif

tyann,
actually if i have a choice i might prefer infantcare unless really can find trustworthy nanny *sigh* hope u can see gender soon!
happy.gif

wow.... so your boy arrived bit earlier than the EDD? he has lots of hair leh...

creative has 6 cases as reported when me called up on sat. 2 from infant, 3 from playgrp, 1 from K. wanna let my girl go back on tues, but she had fever. and some red spots on her legs. tot it might be HFMD so quickly ask my IL to bring her to see doc. phew... she;s clear. her red spots are from fever. she has red spots whenever she's having fever one. think will let her go back next week lor....

so how's your girl @ the new ctr?

Leereiner,
Yuppies....my ahboy popped at 37+wks *lol*. Never expect him to arrive so early cos my ger was induced at 40wks one...haha
happy.gif

Woah...Creative so many cases! If include my ger its actually 7 cases lor...*lol*.
So far my ger okies at the new childcare. Hb's sis help me bring her to new childcare cos she is doing confinement for me. She say the teachers seems quite nice
happy.gif

celeste,

congrats! your ah boy alot of hair leh..

looks like i can put my mind at ease at blk 14 liaoz.. really convenient for me since MIL at blk 13.. somemore i expecting no. 2 due during CNY 1st day..

hello mummies!

i intend to move to kallang/upper boon keng around there area shortly... still looking around at the units...

may i know any good childcare/infant care to recommend at this vicinity pls?

thanks

Hi Mummies,

I am staying at Lavender and is very near to Boon Keng area.

I am also interested in any good childcare/infant care around the area.

hi celeste

thanks!

u know, many many years ago, i used to stay in blk 14!.. its really nice to be coming back to the familiar surroundings ;)

poppy pop,
woah...hehe...its like that one, when we used to the surroundings we like to be back at the place to stay
happy.gif
I stay in St.George's area for so many yrs liowz!

keke,

welcome poppy pop and pisces gal!!

This thread very few mummies cos not many stay in this small kallang/ whampoa area...

poppy pop,
blk 14 ah.. keke, so u very familiar lor.. welcome back! Which blks u looking at in kallang/ upper boon keng? I stayed previously in st. george's blk 21 and now shifted to upper boon keng blk 38... both are point blks..

very different environment! Upper boon keng more sleepy town but alot of potential! i love the driving convenience.. except for the ERP gantries that recently came up..
sad.gif

pisces gal,

i think nearest to you is Tai pei childcare they were discussing earlier? but no idea how is it leh..

montessori nurseries / kindergarten schools =
1) ascension kindergarten @ potong pasir
2) Best care montessori @ kallang CC
3) partial monetessori @ talent plus @ geylang west CC (upper boon keng area)

Leereiner,

they have both leh..

talent plus only recently start. both banners hang there.. and i recently check out happy town leh.. but iz not talent plus..

jasmommy,
my side also got ERP....silly rite? residential areas also got ERP...*sigh*. My side is morning if come in towards Bendemeer road then will kenna ERP *pengz*.

hi jasmommy,

hmmmm... do you know is talent plus a full day childcare type? or the exact room in the cc? interested to know leh coz is near to my pl... or do you have the contact number? sorry ah, lots of qns...

ya lor... ERPs everywhere.... adding burden...
my side has 3 ERPs althoughe we dont drive @ all, when ppl wanna go over our pl, they will said gotta careful the ERP..., dont use the wrong enthee... or rather both of us are lazy to take up the driving test. as we find kallang stn is convenient and lots of bus services at our side. think the bus services are more than the interchange one.... ha!!!!

leereiner,

i read in another thread u work in tuas? cos me in pandan loop.. how u go to work?? what time you wake up?

me drive lor.. so drop hubby 1st then i go work. and gotta plan to avoid the erp towards st. george to drop off my girl before we go work..

i will check out the cc again next week.. but i think likely iz another location.. n seems like more playgroup..

Leereiner,
Ur side got 3 ERPs? Wah...i tot Kallang area only got one which is the newly started gantry. Didnt know got 3 gantries!

jasmommy,
u work in Tuas also ah? My hb too. And I work in JurEast. So me is opposite, hb will drop me off first then head on to Tuas. Then morning to Tuas always got some jam one *sigh*

hi jasmommy,
change job lor... now "improved" the location, from tuas (near to checkpoint hor) to pandan road... will take mrt to clementi mrt which is co. pick up point @ 0810hrs. so leave home by 0735hrs, latest lah... hmmmm wake up aro 0700hrs. coz home has lots of ppl so need to take bathroom timing slots... hee!!!! still look look see see aro to "improve" job location... hee.... coz really envy my hubby. his work pl is @ bedok only, just 4 stn away. he leaves home aro 0810am, and reach home before 6pm...

uh... ah.... can let me know when you've check the talenet plus....

Hi mummies,

i have a mar06, 228months old girl. I am thinking of placing her into a half day or full day child care as i am expecting a #2 next year 14th feb. I am living in St George's. Will need some advice on which child care is better within this area.

Currently, my girl is attending GUG every tues and thurs but that's only like 2 1/2 hour each lesson. Am hoping that she can go for longer session.

Advice please. Thanks.

from,
Dorcas
http://dorcasyhj.blogspot.com
[email protected]

leereiner,

hmm.. i work in pandan loop actually. i used to work near orchard.. haha.. but took up job further..

coincidentally, my hubby works in bedok also..keke..

Celeste,
i not really in tuas.. more at edge of tuas/ jalan buroh.. @ west coast way there..so no need wake up so early.. moreover, sometimes, no need go in office and after sales appointment, too late go back office.. so boss allow us to work from home cos of high transport n parking costs..

dorcas,
Hihi, welcome to Boon Keng thread
happy.gif
Woah ur #2 EDD is Valentine's Day! Congrats!
St.George's the nearest half/full day childcare will be at Blk 14 Care Corner. My ger is currently attending childcare there
happy.gif
Btw, are you a sahm? Me currently on ML at home. My #2 juz popped in late June.

jasmommy,
Wah...sometimes can work from home...so nice...mine cannot *Sigh* when i tink of going back after ML feel so sianz....
sad.gif

Celeste
Hi Hi.. thanks for the welcome =)
How is the school at Blk 14? Fee wise is it good? Cos i am living at Blk 13, its just in front of my block. But i have some bad 'pointers' toward that school. So abit worry, thou its very very near.

#2 fall on vday, was joking with HB that, ladies will get to receive flowers, chocolate, dinner while i have to suffer in the hospital with all the nurses with black faces cos they cant go celebrate too. haha~

Currently i am a SAHM, with a online website to earn some extra =)

dorcas,
We live at the same blk!!! Maybe we can meet up one of these days? Cos I very engz as I am on ML.
happy.gif
U have a online website? What stuffs are u selling? Me too, I have a online website selling maternity/nursing wear! So coincidence!!

The Blk 14 childcare so far seems quite okies
happy.gif
They are quite strict on hygiene which i am quite glad. They check temperature, look at the palms, inside the mouth all these in the morning when u bring the child there in case of HFMD cases. So far my ger is there for almost 1 mth only so cannot comment a lot on it yet
happy.gif

Celeste
I am selling scrapbooking materials, kits type.

Blk 14 childcare, how are the teachers there and their teaching methods ? I walked pass a few times but i don really have 'hao gan' lei, but that's the nearest one to my place so at least when i give birth, not so xiong.

dorcas,
Oic
happy.gif
Last time i didnt have a gd impression of the Blk 14 childcare also. But so far seems quite okies for the past 1 mth. The teachers are not bad also...but like in all childcare there are definitely gd and bad teachers bah. I switched her to this one also becos of convenience. Previously she was at Creative Star near the Boon Keng MRT but its like 15mins walk from my place so boh pianz lor.

Hi Mommies,
I am a SAHM and residing in Whampoa area. My 3 and half year old son is currently studying in Thomson Road Baptist Kindergarten.

There is a Tai Pei childcare branch at Whampoa too. Went to visit the school but didn't like the environment there. The kids are placed in a room for a TV programme till the teachers are in for class at 10 (if I can recall).

celeste
maybe will try to hop by the school to check out, am gg to the one at Kallang Boon Keng CC next fri noon to check out Best Care.

dorcas,
I went to Bestcare Montessori before but dont have gd impression there. Hygiene wise is quite gd but the teacher that attended to me dont seem that good. When I asked her how come the fees are so much higher than other cc. All she can tell me is because the Montessori materials are more exp fullstop. Its like we are only paying for the materials? Thats y I decided not to place my ger there. *pengz*
Somemore I think they on the aircon for half a day if I never remember wrongly. I prefer my ger to go to those cc w/o aircon cos virus n germs wont spread so easily
happy.gif

Celeste
Quite true, their sch fees are rather high as compare to other cc. their price is about the same as kinderland at tpy safra.

hmmmm this thread is quiet again....

Hi blur,
how is your confinement? me so bored @ work now... so can come in to see see lor...

Leereiner,
My confinement finished bout 1+wks ago liowz. Me feel so bored during ML at home now...ahahah...but lotsa stuffs to do lah....cos take care of my boy then housework, then fetch my ger earlier from cc.
Btw that day I read in newspaper was so surprised, the Bendemeer Pri Sch near my place after Phase 2A I think left less than 100 places!!! Now I wondering if next time wanna enrol my ger there can manage to get a place anot...ahahah..all i wanna is within walking distance *lol*
happy.gif

ya pri sch is another coming up headache, ha!!!

me is eyeing at hong wen... this sch is near to you right?

Leereiner,
Not so near lah...further than Bendemeer Pri. I will go for Bendemeer Pri first lor....if no choice then go Hong Wen cos these are the only 2 schools within walking distance *lol*
happy.gif

wow... both sch within walking distance... but my leh... both are 1-2km....

then gotta do PV lor.... wonder how me gonna do PV leh? gotta take leave eh? where got so many leave in a year, 40 days??? in order to fulfil the 40hrs...

my hubby doesnt like methodist pri sch, @ aljunied mrt one... he said always gotta "donate $$" losta of fund raising kinda thingy.... but its convenient for us to travle there leh...

my 2 colleagues didnt manage to get a pl in the pri sch after the balloting. and the pri sch is just opp their home.... now they are headache which one to go now!!!! sigh.... so what's the use to stay near to sch.... both of them grumbled...

Leereiner,
I don't think I will do PV lah...not so hardworking *lol*. Just try my luck lor...got 2 schools both i think within 1 km so dont tink so suay both also cannot get in? Somemore I don't tink both are considered branded schools rite?

Hi mommies,

I am staying near the Boon Keng MRT and I am selling off a train set, a 3-in-1 electronic toy for baby convertible to walker toy for toddler, signing time DVDs, and an authentic brand new with tag COACH bag. I also have autumn/winter clothing for 6-12 months old babies. Just returned from the US so lots of things from the states. Do check out my posts in the Want to Sell forum for pictures and info.

Thanks!

but not to me lor... both sch are near to 2km to my hse leh... so gotta do PV one.... headache how to do leh? my job is desk bound type so cant sneak out to travel to sch and back un-noticely one lor... but where to get 40 days of leave leh???

there's a new childcare ctr next block of mine... new yet open one.... heard of: agape little uni? open house on 13 Sep.... can save my in-law time trouble to bring & fetch my girl and transport monies too.... not afraid of sun or rain... but the fee seems on high side too... maybe more ex than Creative...

http://www.agapelittleuni.com/#

so wanna gather "real experience" of this centre... please put them here....

Back