Boon Keng Mommy's Club

huh??? there was a slip of notification given, in my girl's bag leh. there'll be a new principle. turnover rate

wow!!! your no.2 is july one eh? congrats....

me oso thinking to change the childcare for my girl leh.... do you see any malays teacher over there?

hi mummies,

wonder are you interested to let your girl try out JG, bilingual weekend class? coz me wanna sell one session away in early apr... pm me if you are keen. thanks.

Leereiner,
You letting your ger go to the field trip on 13 Mar? Hehe, your ger's name is Ying Ham rite?
happy.gif
Saw it on the P-G list. Me letting my ger go but we wont be accompanying her.
Ya, I saw the new principal the other day, middle-aged lady seems quite ok.

The other day a bit sianz....cos when I went to fetch my ger, normally after 6pm they will be watching cartoon vcds. My ger was standing so close to the television and the teachers did nothing to it. I dont mind letting kids watching tv but if they get too close to the tv shld pull them away and let them know mah...*sigh*...hopefully this doesnt spoil the eyes....

Ya, I saw malay teachers there. I think now got bout 3 malay teachers and some of the teachers there are part-timers.

ya ya my girl is ying ham... will you be going to ctr tml @ 9am?

wanna let her go for the field trup but gotta wear the ctr uniform. till now me have not get any uniform yet. have you bot the uniforms? 3 sets rite? S$20/- per set which is the old ones. mrs wong said the new ones will have increase in price lor....

Teachers are part-timer? didnt know that. 3 Malays teachers? saw only one @ the ctr in dec... hmmmm... is the teachers turnover rate high? so there'll not be perm teachers in ea class, is it?

Leereiner,
Till now no receive circular on the parents thingy at 9am lehz *lol*. But prob not going bah...cos donno wat they wanna tok about also...prob going IT show tomolos *hiak hiak*

Ya, I bought the uniform. 2 sets of dresses and 2 sets of PE attire. New ones have increase in price? Aiyo sure anot...but actually i tink they earn from the uniforms lehz...cos quality wise i dont tink each set is worth $20 *lol*

I know there are f/t and p/t teachers there. But not sure exactly how many for each type.

went ot the meet up on 8th mar... wld said "std talk" lor. principal said now there'll be proper program for ea term so on and so forth lah... left early, nd to run some errands lor...

ya princiapl ensure that teacher nora (hope me got her name rite) will be the perm teacher for our girls, at least till end of yr 08.

did your girl go to west coast park? nice? she enjoyed? my girl is sick for this whole week. lao sai, puke, fever.... virus attack... me got it fm her followed by her papa... every1 is down. sigh....

me dont like the uniform, the material is very thin, prefer the PE ones.

Leereiner,
The day before the meeting, Mrs Wong reminded me of the it. I told her I did not receive the circular she was very apologetic. I guess prob they gave the circular when my ger was not at sch that day bah. But anyway my ger kenna stomach flu on that friday nite!! So we didnt go for the tok also...*sigh*

Yuppies, my ger went to West Coast Park. Mrs Wong told me she enjoyed it a lot. I told her to email me the pix....haha
happy.gif

I prefer the uniform, cos its thin but not very nice lah...the pe one so thick, somemore my ger scared of hot one *lol*

Hope u all have recovered...me also kenna stomach flu from my ger the sunday before lah...*sigh*

pooh25,
which area of boon keng u staying at? U want something walking distance or dont mind somewhere a bit further away?
happy.gif

Hi Celeste

My mum is staying at st.george's lane blk 4B. Looking at walking distance. Just went down to the one below blk 4c. Any recommendations?

pooh25,
I went to the one at 4C before too. But I think that one charges quite exp for playgroup. If I am not wrong its bout $300+/mth rite? I feel that the area not very spacious lah....but never really enquire abt curriculum
happy.gif

Hi Celeste

The charges is $350 for 10 weeks, which is about $160 per month. Quite reasonable. Currently there are 10 kids under 3 teachers. Is a 2 hours class.

pooh25,
oic....i thought it was $300+/mth. Mabbe I didnt hear properly....but i found the area a bit small thats y never thought of it. Somemore now I no more maid so place my ger at full day childcare instead.
happy.gif

Leereiner,
Did you receive the circular yesterday? They are increasing the prices liowz. Full day childcare to $430 (after subsidy) and playgroup to $300. Infant care going to increase $100 to $800 (after subsidy). Sianz....thinking if i shld continue putting my ger there. Imagine 1 childcare and 1 infant *sigh*

ya lor... everything increase. but their service doesnt improve leh... gotta put my girl as full day lor. coz my mil has to take care of my sil's baby girl, from next mon onwards.

my girl is down with cough again... and we are going to japan next tue. hooray!!!! and my ham will miss sch again, for near to 2weeks. hee!!!!

Leereiner,
fullday? then who bring ur ger to the cc? I might not put my ger there after No. 2 comes out liowz...cos i also felt that their standard for the teachers has dropped and fees increase? Dont balance up lehz.
Wah...u going japan next tue? so shiok! For 2 weeks ah....free n easy?

hi lbur,

me is back... enjoyable trip... ha!!!

my husband shall bring my girl to the ctr lor... Start my girl on full day, from today onwards and shall see how does it go leh... saw a bad incident on one of the sat. gave me a freak... thinking to change ctr for my girl leh... but the nearby one are so ex, out of my $$$ abiliity... sigh!!!

hi celeste,
i can't put her for a trial because their admin fee is non-refundable and its quite hefty. it's about $250 if I remember correctly.

I am thinking of sending her to the Elim Churh Kindergarten but I'll have to wait till she turns 2.5 years old and potty trained. I've decided not go with bestcare since it seems like kids in kindergarten-ran preschool dun fall sick as much as those in childcare. I only intend to send her for half a day. Any comments on Elim Kindy?

Thanks!!

Leereiner,
So shiok!! 2 weeks to japan...super envies
happy.gif

Nearby one? U now stay at Upp Boon Keng there rite? There no other cc? How much they charge?
Me might be changing my ger out also...cos they are charging me $800 for infantcare after subsidy somemore distance is quite far 15mins walking for me if i need to bring my no. 1 and no. 2. So might be placing No. 1 at the childcare beside my blk and No. 2 prob try and find a bbsitter. What incident did u see on Sat? But I tot ur ger now still in playgroup so how come Sat have ah?

oldnavy,
Elim church the kindergardeten not so sure...its the one by the main road rite?

Hi blur,

too bad, it rained in tokyo. esp when we were @ disneyland.. spoilt the trip.... but its a sunny day when we were in disneysea...

yup, staying @ upp boon keng - those new green blocks. there's 1 @ the geyland west CC ("happy town"), which is 5min walk from home. but fully air-con and me and hubby didnt have gd impression of the sch. found it quite rowdy/ choatic leh.

what's the childcare ctr name which is beside your blk? you really have decided to withdraw you girl eh? given notice to creative?

went to creative on sat alone to pay school fee lor... err... shall pm you...

Leereiner,
How i wish i can go Japan...ahaha..prob when my kids are in kindergarten then i will go bah
happy.gif

Ohzz okies i noe those new blks
happy.gif
Quite near to mrt station yah? think 5 mins only. But that one is get from hdb i thought u bought 1st-time before liowz how come still eligible to buy?
Actually i dont like fully air-con cc cos i tink easy to spread virus!!!
The childcare beside my blk is called "Care Corner" at Blk 14, St.George's there
happy.gif

Havent given notice to Creative cos only need 1 mth notice mah.

me staying with my in-laws. the hse is under their names, which got en-bloc. moved from blk 6 to the new ones lor.

how many diapers you put in your girl's bag each day eh?

Leereiner,
Oic...
happy.gif
. I dont put diapers in my ger's bag. I juz leave the whole pack there *lol* otherwise so many things to pack everyday...hehe :p
Btw didnt get ur PM lehz?

hi blur,

pmed you yesterday pm lehz... or you wanna give me your e-mail address?

oic... so how long will your pack of diaper last? how many pcs/pkt?

btw, did you buy the mattress cover?

sigh!! feel that the material for the uniforms, mattress cover are not worth the monies paid.... or is me too picky?

Leereiner,
my email is [email protected]
happy.gif

Hmmzz....usually i estimate they are using like 4 pcs a day bah.

Nope, i did not buy mattress cover. Only paid for the mattress which i think is $50?

Haizz...its like tat one lah, i also think uniform is quite exp but i got ask other frens their cc uniform also around same pricing. Somemore i dont like their PE shorts hor...cos the color runs! Everytime must hand-wash
proud.gif

Did u receive the circulation 1wk+ ago on the buying of the books for the playgroup? I paid $30 for it. Yesterday when I went to fetch my ger another malay young lady (teacher?) still ask me got buy the book anot...machiam a bit like pushing us to buy
proud.gif
. But well, I was thinking if dont buy wait my ger go n snatch other kids books also paiseh so juz buy for her bah.

huh? color runs? wah, so low quaility one meh... paid for the shirt & short but no stk leh. still waiting... paid for the mattress? but was told to paid 10bucks for the mattress cover instead leh. and we have paid for 2pcs, 20bucks. somemore is the fitted type, one-sided only. material so thin. sigh!!! shld get my mum to do for me lah, less than 5 bucks leh... hmmmm... how come things so ex hor... so the mattress can be take back when your girl withdrawn, is it?

ya, got the circulation for the 30bucks books. told the principal then we've not decide yet. so far nobody ask again leh. you got the books already? when the ctr is going to start to use?

e-mail sent...

Leereiner,
Only the shorts color run but i dont like lor...otherwise i can lump all into washing machine rite? *sigh*
How come u need to buy mattress cover? They never ask me to buy lehz.....only buy mattress...hmmzz
Aiyo...things now super exp...i juz read the "Wo Bao" this morning...got one person write in to their forum complain that the PCF kindgergarten say wanna aircon the place then wanna raise the school fees to $95/mth! It was only $30.50/mth in year 2006 hor! *peng san*

As for the books i think it will be left in the school then every friday they will let u bring back the one that they taught tat week....i paid liowz but havent seen the books yet. I tink i prob start to use around end Apr if i'm not wrong.

Okies will go see my email.

Leereiner,
I went to vist the cc next to my blk on monday morning. The fees is $270/mth after subsidy. So far looks okies. I ask bout teacher child ratio it is bout 1:7 or 8 as per MCYS guideline. Then the teachers those doing actual teaching mostly got diploma in presch education except those teaching assistants and auntie then dont have. So seems quite okies. Might put my ger there coming July.
happy.gif

hey hey me here.... bit busy @ work now...

alway come in but not to this thread lor... hee... busy shop shop @ the "oversea site"

ya this fri, they are going to the farm... do you let your girl go?

now me thinking to change my girl to the nearby PCF... but yet go survey...

btw, do you know where is Towner Road?

Celeste,

let me know your feedback on the CC at st. george ah.. i also thinking leh.. put my girl there for half a day perhaps..

Leereiner,
Ya...I let my ger go to the farm trip on Friday (today)
happy.gif

Towner Road is behind Sikh Temple there.

jasmommy,
I planning to start my ger there in July...will feedback here
happy.gif

Hi mommies, anyone want to try bringing your babies for contest? There will a baby contest on the 22 jun at Jalan besar CC, and is near Boon Keng.Heard there will be free gifts for the babies which enter the contest.

Leereiner,
Ya. I think its just behind the boon keng MRT. 1 or 2 blocks away only. From the exit of the MRT station facing Towner Road. But the PCF there got take in kids at 2yro? I tot its only kindergarten there?

Niki Ng,
U stay boon keng area too?
happy.gif
Me lazy to bring bb for bb contests...haha.

Niki,
Oic
happy.gif
Juz across the expressway right? Hehe, quite near to my place. I stay at St.George's Road area
happy.gif

Hi Celeste,

aside from St. George's, any other childcare nearby? Cos blk 14 one, dun accept if not fully potty trained..

jasmommy,
Blk 14 dont accept unless fully potty trained? I went to enquire on Sat morning they never tell me this criteria woh. My ger also not fully potty trained yet. Then they passed me the stack of registration forms liowz.
I know there is another i think YWCA or what at McNair road.

was looking at the primary sch lah... hee... nothing to do mah. there are 2 pri sch near to my pl only, 1 is hong wen, the other one is methodist. n found out the hong wen will be re-located to towner road in 2009.

now me thinking to enrol my girl to Tai pei child care le... heard of this ctr? comments?

hi ladies,
i'm a 1st time mtb and EDD in dec 2008. currently staying at mcnair road, just behind the sikh temple at boon keng. was wondering if anybody has any nanny or babysitter to recommend who is staying in the boon keng or towner/st george area? am considering to get a nanny for baby when i go back to work (probably around 6mths)... appreciate if anyone has any recommendations? thanks very much...

jasmommy,
I asked last Sat morning on the blk 14 carecorner liowz. They do accept kids that are not potty trained yet
happy.gif

tyann,
Welcome to the Boon Keng thread
happy.gif
Me also looking arnd for nanny *lol*. Mine is due in July 08.

Leereiner,
Hong Wen relocating to TOwner road in 2009? Then i got one more choice liowz...hehe...was thinking my ger will go Bendemeer Pri cos its walking distance!
happy.gif

hi celeste,
hehe.. looks like i'm very kiasu.. me will only need the nanny around may or june next year but now lookg already!cos if dun have or can't find, then i will need to make other plans.

the hong wen school is just across the road from the balestier ite and just next to my blk. was also thinking that can send my kid there next time.

is there a methodist sch nearby? where?

ya.. hong wen will be relocated to towner road, checked in the moe website... actually my PIL have told me that hong wen will be rebuild 3 yrs ago.

geyland methodist primary sch is @ aijunied mrt, opp geyland east library.

one of my frenz said me gotta start search for my girl pri sch thingy lor.... in case the sch is popular, esp those branded ones nd to do volunteer work one, gotta "book" early" . me not that ks lah nor wan my kids to be in that kind of life too... me is the btc mummy so wont expect much from my kids... hee!!!

hi blur,

oh ya... your EDD is this July. drawing closer... btw, how you prepare your girl to accept this new baby into her life?

tyann,
woah...across the road from balestier ite, then quite far for me. Cos I stay at St.George's Road there
happy.gif
Think I just let my ger go Bendemeer Pri lah...hehe
Btw, u never tot of sending ur kid to infantcare instead? Cos my ger currently attending the childcare at CreativeStar got infant care also...i not going to put #2 there becos its too far for me to bring a 2 yrold and a infant home...very difficult especially if its raining. So gotta get a nanny for #2.

Leereiner,
If u wanna let ur child go those branded ones hor...u must stay within 1km rite? and must quickly go volunteer. Me is bo chup mommy lah...cos i feel that they so young let them sleep more, so get a pri sch within walking distance for them
happy.gif

Ya, my EDD getting close, now 37+wks liowz. Haizz, prepare my ger? Keep telling her didi come out will play with her etc so she must sayang didi, then daddy and mommy also sayang her blah blah....hopefully she can accept didi well.

hi blur,

ya, the distance is the top priorty to us, unless the sch is sin top notorious one. or else will just let my girl to go the nearest one. how me hope there's one just across my flat, childcare ctr, pri sch even sec sch.... ha!!!! already said me is btc mummy, so wont think "so far" for my kids lor... ha!!!!

wow... you have the "HAO" lor....

saw @ creative that the photos are sold @ $1 per piece for the last trip to the farm, did you buy? is this a norm practice to sell them as way to generate revenue eh? my colleague's granddaugther child care, the principal gives a CD rom every 6mth. so it consists of sch actitives, outdoor, excursions photos as FREE. so envy.... sour grapes lor...

hmmmmm... nobody heard of or come across tai pei childcare ctr @ lavander?

Back