BIshan Mummmies

Hello bishan mummies, i'm looking for either baby sitter or infant childcare in bishan area.
Any recommendations will be much appreciated.

Hi all, I am also looking for morning to evening full time nanny around Bishan ST. 12. My EDD is end of Feb 2010. Need the Nanny from around mid/end of April 2010.

Hi all mummies,

I'm loooking for a nanny staying around Bishan or Toa Payoh area too. Please PM me if you have any to recommend. Thanks.

Hi,
is anyone placing their kids in hampton pre-school? I have went to their open-house but i didnt get to speak to the teacher in charge of my child. To me, speaking to teacher is very important element in placing my child in her care. I called today again and the supervisor said they have not assigned teachers to individual class yet, however, they are starting class from Dec 09 already.. Frustrating! The supervisor actually hinted to me that if i am feeling uncomfortable, there are long queues of other parents who are keen to take my place. SIGH!

hi hamteo,

ya. i m 09 mummies.

hi littlehelper,

still remember me? we exchanged emails b4. i still have u in mind. not easy to convince my hubby.

hi littlehelper,

i at st 22. not too near to your place.

my bb will be turning 4 mth old tmr. haiz, hope to let u take care for a day coz my bbsitter on holiday to taiwan. anyway, my bb not feeling so well lately. probably becoz me on the aircon a little too cold for her. seems like she has stuffy nose and pleghm. also, she has been on milk strike since a month ago. not easy to feed her. need to have technique. so far, i have been able to maintain 600ml a day most of the time, but sometimes she only takes 350ml. even my mum cannot handle her after not seeing her for more than a week.

u came across such bb?? got confidence to handle her? she smiles a lot. sometimes laugh out loud too. i m sure u will enjoy playing wif her. but feeding n sleeping not easy. oh, she is afraid of water. gotta make her comfortable when bathing her.

Hi! I am also a Bishan mummy to be. I am also looking for a good nanny (day only) around Bishan area. To start in Oct or Nov 2010. Please recommend if you know any. Many thanks!!

Hi am oso resides in bishan st12. Bb currently cmg to 2 mtgs and quite fustrated w his fussiness. Btw 2-be what is your charges like for ad hoc bbsitting? Can you bbsit at our place?

Hi SimplyHelloKitty,

Be patient. bb is not fussy. it's his needs. he is only expressing his needs or uncomfort wif crying. each bb has diff needs.

any prob u r facing? want to share?

the bbsitter that i had for my elder girl is at blk 4xx (can't recall now). she is ok. not fantastic though. not sure if she is still bbsitting now. if anyone looking, i can try to retrieve her info.

Hi Dada,

Eh i think common fussiness ba. Drink, shit, fart, burp, feed, sleep must put up a fight :. How old is your bb?

Cheers
happy.gif

Hi SimplyHelloKitty,

my bb now 5 mths old. i have another toddler 4 yrs old. i think it's harder to handle toddler than bb.

Hi dada,

u're right man. I hv a 4yr old toddler who always do the opposite of what I want. I am those kinda lack of patience and she always kena reprimand or cane by me. Lolx. Which part of bishan u residing in?

Hi Sindy Toh and Saw Lake Aik,

You can contact me regards to nanny at Bishan at 97267388 as can't PM to your email account.

Have a great day ahead!

Hi all,

I'm also residing in Bishan..

Hi SimplyHelloKitty, I think your toddler is at the age where they like to test your limits. It'll pass soon. =)

I recommend my babysitter (full-time) at Bishan St.12. She is very dedicated and my toddlers still look forward to seeing her though she is no longer taking care of them now. She took them to the library for exposure too. Her contact - 84053082 - Mrs.Lim.

Harlow mummies in Bishan,

I Will be shifting to Bishan soon. I have a son almost 7 months now. Hope to join this thread and make some friends.

Hi little helper,

I was renting in AMK. Then recently bought a house in Bishan. Yar we like Bishan a lot. Kinda get use to the place here, very convenient too !

I will be staying at street 23, right beside Bishan park. That's my favourite part! But then it's not that scenic yet, they are revamping the whole park. Hope it will be a very beautiful place in future.

What about u? Which part of Bishan are u residing?

Can consider quite quiet around here.. Coz have to walk a distance to the nearest food stall. Mozzies ar? Lately got some mozzies problem due to the Reno work being carried out in the park, not sure about that before. However due to unblock view, it can be quite cooling and windy at times.

Hi Maelyn,

Welcome to Bishan!

Fyi, there is one convenience store located at blk 222. There is another one nearer to Marymount Rd, but not sure which blk it's at.

Cheers!

hi little soliel> nice to meet you!

Yaya, there is also a seven eleven the next block. When the park is ready, I can also walk accross the park to the wet market at AMK avenue 10. Quite a lot of shops there too. Anyway I will only be shifting in June . ;)

Hi hi,

I'm living at st 23 too, and I face the park. I moved in sometime last year Dec.

Hi Maelyn
You're moving into your new house in June ? Reckon we could be neighbours within the same block or at least next-door-block to each other since we both face the park. Can't wait for them to complete all the construction work

Ddjchan,

which block are u staying? I am at block 223. Yup, just can't wait for them to finish the park, my HB does not want to open the windows facing the park, so it's abit stuffy now..

Hi mummies~!I used to stay Bishan st13,but moved to TPY now.
Intend to send my boy to child care when he turn18mths this coming sept. But most of the ctr full!
Was told happy family child care ctr behind the library, quite good?any opinion?
Pls adv.
The first skool in TPY also full, so i will put my boy name in waiting list for all ctr to see which will get 1st lo...

Hi maelyn

Sorry I haven't been reading/posting in this forum for quite a while!

I am *coincidentally* in blk 223 too ;)

Have you shifted in ?

Dear Bishan Mummies,

I am looking for a babysitter to look after my 4 months old baby girl. Anybody has recommendation or contacts for babysitter in Bishan? Appreciate if you could share the contacts with me. PM me or email me at [email protected]

Ddjchan,

Great! Then we are block members! Yes I have shifted and have been staying for one month.

So how old is your kid? My son is about 10 months now. Maybe some day in future they would play together at below our block, LOL!

Hi

I am looking for a babysitter for my two daughters, age 3 and 5, in my Bishan flat (St 12). Main duty: cooking, bathing and basic house cleaning. Time: 7:30am-7:00pm. Please PM me if you are interested or have someone to recommend. Thank you so much!

Hi all, me staying in Bishan st 13. Am looking for babysitter for my newborn. Starting mid october onwards, timing from 7am to abt 6pm. PM me if have lobang! thanks.

Hi Newmummy08,

Happy Family is so so. I sent my elder gal there last year but she dislike it. I also noticed some not very good behaviour from their teachers. In terms of academic, I am pretty impressed as this childcare really teach children many Chinese characters as compared to Kindergarten.

Hi mummies,

I have recently follow abit the primary school registration for the schools in Bishan. WOW! It's mind Bogging! I find that there are 4 primary schools, all 3 are the hot schools which no of applicant more than available places in phase 2C. Especially catholic high primary, only left 9 places for 100+ applicants I think. Phew ! I guess I have to start be prepared for volunteering job. :p

so what are your comments on the 4 primary schools in Bishan?

Hi all bishan mummies
happy.gif

I am still expecting 5 mos due this jan 2011. New to this site just dropping by to gain some friends and learn something coz this is my first pregnancy.

Pls enlighten me how much does it cost to have a nanny at daytime? ty

hi, I am going to my MIL house at Bishan every week . I'm at St 12 .
anyone mummies with age 4/5 who's know how to skate want to meet up ?

Hi Bishan mummies,

any mummies go for Dermalogica facial? Any nearby Dermalogica facial to recommend? Just visited derma dynamics at block 283 Bishan street 22. Find their service pretty standard and average.

Hi all,

Any recommendations for part time maid?
also considering to hire a full time maid in future, any reliable agency to recommend?

2-be: Yap i stay near kuo chuan, actually just beside kuo chuan :D keke

maelyn: I studied in Pei Chun when I was young. It is a Chinese school (or SAP school) with a long history (since 1933 if i'm not wrong) and culture. Personally I feel that it's a good school and a school which I will put my kids in when they are older. It's in Toa Payoh though.

Hi Jastine,
oh thanks for your info.. I have a colleague who also enrolled his dotter in Pei Chun. Yar, heard it is a good school. But it's a girls school, rite? I currently have a son, not yet a dotter.. Hehe..

Back