Bigger size baby, advise from experience mum pls

Angela42

Dear all,

I’m week 38 and 2 days, doctor advise that the weight is 3.7KG but the head is not engaged and cervix not dilated.

Under such circumstances, will you opt for induction even there is no dilation or wait for awhile to see what’s next?

We wanted to go for natural birth, we worried that wait for another week and baby cross more than 4kg and might end up c-sect.

Any advise from experience mum?

My friend is 55-60kg pre-pregnancy and her firstborn was natural, 4.3kg boy. Subsequent babies were smaller and natural.

In other countries, doctors usually wait till 42 weeks before induce or c-sect. Induce may not make the baby become engaged... Not engaged means cannt travel down the birth canal means still need c-sect.

Wait for a while and wait for doc's cue. But if you do induce, make sure to opt for epidural cos the pain is much more intense!!

All the best!

Dear all,

I’m week 38 and 2 days, doctor advise that the weight is 3.7KG but the head is not engaged and cervix not dilated.

Under such circumstances, will you opt for induction even there is no dilation or wait for awhile to see what’s next?

We wanted to go for natural birth, we worried that wait for another week and baby cross more than 4kg and might end up c-sect.

will u have any issue with c sect other than the recovery period ?

you can try inducing yourself like eating very spicy food, even having sex. or u want to drink raspberry leaf tea, pregnancy tea.

Dear all,

What is your gynae advise?
My first born was 3.7kg too, natural birth and induce at 39 weeks + 5 days
I think maybe u can seek your gynae advise ? Cos every mom is different, i have very petite gfs give birth to 4kg + naturally
Anyway the scan is jus an estimation .... dont let the figure scare you!

Dear all,

Hi, eventhough my baby is not that big. But i gave birth 3days after my edd. 1week b4 edd, my gynae had suggest for induce since my first was natural birth.. Appt had been made but 1day b4 induce baby decide to pop.

But guess what, on the labour day baby is not even engage and still high up. But since my contraction start n need to be on antibiotic drip, i took epidural. 4hrs later dilated 10cm and can start to push.

My friend gave birth naturally to 4kg baby with epidural.

Csec is not advisable if u can go naturally. Cause apart from recovery period, next pregnancy onwards all will be csec, hardly by natural. And the pregnancy gaps need to be atleast like 2-3years apart to give sufficient time for the inside wound to recover.

Back