Beware of unethical nanny in Yishun Blk 154

Dear mummies, Im posting just in case the unethical nanny Teo Poh Huat in Yishun Blk 154 is trying to look for any more babies to babysit and would like to inform awareness of her.

Our experience: My baby was being left in her care when baby is 7mo - 11mo (total 4 months). Below incidents are the reasons why I decided to stop my immediate service with her.

1) almost everyday she will go kopitiam and bring baby there (I do not deny her doing it but she will practically do it everyday)

2) she takes my baby out in the day to her relatives place (at least three times a week)

3) she takes my baby to her doctors appointment (all the way from yishun to red hill), and she sometimes do not let me know

In short, she does not like to conform in taking care of my baby at home and likes to head out almost everyday.

The ultimate trigger:

My baby fell sick with fever (39.2 degrees) and I called her that very morning to inform her that I will need to take baby to Pd before sending to her. She said she is heading out to Orchard and wants to queue for a promotion in OG. If I am going to send my baby later to her, she wants me to feed my baby with paracetamol in the doctors clinic, then send baby to Orchard to meet her as she want to continue shopping and she will take my sick baby back home after she is done. I got furious and argued with her that she should not do this and why is she prioritizing her shopping than to take care of my sick kid. Her claims is she wants to get the limited discount item in OG!

Next happen is we finish the doctors check up, got the medicine and we head to the nanny's place. The nanny just reached home with her shopping (yes - I force her to come home). I ensure that my baby gets fed with her milk, take her medicine and being put to sleep before I left nanny's home. (Note: During all this time when I am putting baby to sleep, nanny's niece was just sitting in the house and waiting for the nanny. ).

I felt really suspicious when I left the house and decided to check her place again after 20mins. True to my suspicion, they headed out the moment I left with my sick baby! My baby was sleeping and yet they still take her out. In the elevator, there is also my baby vomit... (I took the picture of the vomit and collected a sample of the vomit). I made at least 30 phone calls to her and she do not pick up. I ran to the coffee shop where she do coffee everyday and they are not there. I almost call the police after I search the neighborhood for 15mins. Finally she pick up the phone and claims she is at home. So I went back to her home. She claims she is the toilet... (that's a total of 15mins toileting???)

When I see my baby, I took her away from the nanny immediately. And I asked her if she is at home. She said yes. So I showed her the vomit photo and tell her that I took a sample of the vomit. I warned her if she continues to deny, I'm reporting to the police. She then admits that she just take my sick baby to take a short walk downstairs. Which I do not believe because I searched every corner of the void decks and they are not there. The truth is she has gone out with her niece again. She realized that I have gone back to check on them and she turned back home. And my sick and feverish baby was sleeping but she went ahead to go out. And my baby was in fever, vomited and feeling unwell and she still did so.

This wasn't the first time that she wanted me to carry my sick baby to somewhere else instead of taking care of her with 100% focus.

In case any mummy and your friends decided to look for a nanny in Yishun. Do not engage this lady in Blk 154.

(Follow up, my baby got very serious and got admitted into hospital the next day. I'm very upset and feels she should be accountable for it.)

Back