Beware of counterfeit designer products

gjanicoman

Especially if you are not able to tell the genuine ones from replicas. I urge you to request for receipts if the seller claims to have bought them overseas. Or simply go to a real boutique to FEEL the real stuff .. personally it's very easy to tell .. Even the weight is different. I am saddened that many mummies kana duped. THINK TWICE

Y not share with us here esp those in bp and u can see thru n thru they are selling fakes!! It will help many many of us
happy.gif

Im so sure many of us might have bought, thinking to buy... Are buying....

Do share with us here ok of some of the bp organizer's nick or photo or webpages...

For designer bags, most wud have got direct from u.s....? Right?!
OR.....damn... They have supplier selling high grade replica!!!!

Have seen some likely-fake stuff at a stall which claimed to be selling authentic bags. Quite reluctant to show me the wallets and bags were all wrapped. The first thing I asked was "Are these genuine goods?" Reply: "Yes". So I asked, "if there's any problem with the bag, do you have the card/id so that I can bring it to the boutique?" Reply: "Uh... we can show you the receipt from USA... look the Gucci has a serial number..."

What was fishy: Prada wallet which came with box. I noticed that there's only paper in the box (without the word 'Prada'). When I asked about the usual bag/cloth which comes with every wallet/item from the bona fide boutiques, he said "this batch comes without". Also the Prada card is of softer paper and lighter shade of blue. Must say the fakes are really well made these days. Not cheap - that particular long wallet I saw was S$599!

Interesting to note is that the wallets are priced higher than the bags. Saw some Coach and Kate Spade at less than S$300. Quite unbelievable 'cos they were large totes. The seller said there's no proof of authenticity but they have proof of purchase (receipts) from the USA.

Anyway, I usually 'sniff' the product - some brands have a distinct smell, especially Prada and LV.

I think the best thing is not to buy branded goods from anywhere else except DFS or boutiques. Even with boutiques, I've ever bought one bag from overseas and because I didn't use it, I brought it to a 2nd-hand dealer in Singapore, the lady declared it counterfeit "See the R? Prada's R is not like that at all!". I was so embarrassed and shocked. She even told me: "You're not the first to kena fakes from boutiques 'cos you'll never know if they work with outsiders to swap..."

Beware of fake fitflops from Facebook user - MamaMia Palaze. She just closed her 5th batch of bulk purchase of fitflops. She always delete all posting on the fitflop after the spree is closed.

Fitflops from MamaMia Palaze are smaller in size and feels lighter than the ones sold in the stores. Other than that, it looked exactly the same. First time buyers of fitflop may not be able to tell the difference. I know a lot of mummies joined her spree on facebook, please help to share this information as I do not wish to see more people getting conned by her. I just count myself unlucky.

Is there a list of sellers/organisers to be careful of - especially those who sell counterfeit items?

Back