Beware if u r hiring Myanmar maids!!

rachel20

Dear mothers,

I am a part time working mother, like many mothers, hiring FDW to help out. I would like to share my painful experience here so that people who read this may not suffer what i been through.

This year, i engaged this agency name: Joy Employment Services (also known as Joy Forever Employment Services) located in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

The agent recommend a transfer maid to me, FDW's Name is H. Looks decent when interview, although English can not make it. Agent ask me to be patience and give chance to transfer maid, since she has 9 months experience in Singapore, a little bit easier to train than New Myanmar Maids. I gave the chance and nightmare started.....

H, worked in my place for less than a month, throughout the period, not to comment too much on the standard of her work but the very basic requirement i hire a maid is to look after my 3 children age 7, 6 & 4. During her employment, she often shout to me and my children when we trying to teach her things (can be forgive because her English can not make it). However, i found out that she adds in ajinomoto in the soup she cook, which she dont drink but Ajinomoto is not allow in my house. After 1 week working for me, she requested to go for off days, which during the loan period, agent's contract is "no off day but compensate". I do not agree, the next day, she lies to me that it is Myanmar's new year (early Apr 2015) she wants to go back to her hometown for New Year Celebration. Me & hubby checked theres no such New Year in Myanmar, confront her but she keep quiet. The following few days, she dazzled most of the time.
In addition, my kids who are 7 & 6 years old, did not get help to cut fruits from her & the kids eventually take the knife to cut fruits without adult supervision!!

She was send back to agent & later repatriated to Myanmar...

Last edited by a moderator:

After H was sent back to agent, agent suggest me to get a FRESH NEW MYANMAR MAID since i have the time to train them, & new maid would at least work longer..out of the many biodata, i pick this one call Z...

The bio data stated she is willing to take care children, willing to learn cooking, housework.., etc.. Rating given by agent is "3" average.

However, the truth is unveiled upon her arrival.

The 1st day of arrival, she said she wanted to transfer, she can not take care 3 children, eventhough she got 1 chid in Myanmar. She said that agent never tell her hav to take care 3 children. And she totally dont know how to cook or care people because she is a farmer in her home country. In short, she dont do housework & do not know how to do.
There was a time with my supervision, still she almost burn my house!

Through a translator, i said i will teach her if she is willing but she just insisted she wants to go back agent. Due to my work requires oversea travelling, i m not in time to send her to agent but ask my sister to come over to help out for few days, during these few days, she just sit & dazzled... She was send back to agent for Transfer

The same agency, ask me to pick another maid as replacement, this time, is a girl call S, via the phone interview, she can speak fluent english, employment record shows she take care children, cook & clean in her 2 previous employment, each employment is 18 months. Over the phone, i repeat & repeatedly her job needs to take care 3 children, she said can can can, her last employment also take care children.

I thought this time should be better but who knows, upon the 1st day, she said she wanted a transfer!
She started saying different story, said she can not take care 3 children,
My children is naughty, she never take care children before..., etc...

I asked her to give some time to adjust, she agree to try but on the 12th day, she started making a scene, crying badly wanted to go back agent out of sudden. She shouted to me saying "she working is not to have her face look happy, she is so tire.., other maids in my kids school said how can she look so tire..." I have my CCTV, everyday, i will let her go back to room to rest from 10pm/10.30pm till next morning 7.45am then only she walk out from the room. My kids who share the room with her told me that she would use her phone until very late every night. She also mentioned all other maids in this agency can transfer as when they dont like to work for an employer..

Anybody let your maid sleep early & yet wake up late one?

After the breakout on 12th working days, my kids shifted out from that room to my room & i have to sleep on sofa!?

The agent asked her to stay until i found a new maid & today she breakout again, saying she very tire, she never rest on day time.. (She actually watch TV with my kids n chit chat with other maids while my kids at playground), she acted as if i ill treat her, when i point out the basin side shd not have store water which could be bed for Andes mosquitos, she fight back and keep shouting shouting at me, my blood pressure surge!! I told her to stop otherwise i will landed in hospital but she doesnt, walk out and walk to me again, picking for fight.

My hubby can not take it, told her, if she wants to transfer, go back agent, call the agent to come and pick her.. She start crying crying and shouting... I wonder what she wants or is she crazy?

Finally, get the agent & bring her back. As routine, i check her luggage & yet she is very unhappy, in front of agent, she still showing me the attitude..

The problems havent ends here.. Due to "frequent change" of FDW, i hav problem to get another one

The 2 FDWs are the one asking for transfer, they dont want to work in my family, yet i hav to suffer

My hubby find it fishy why all these maids from this agent has same mentality, as if we are being used as stepping stone to bring in FDW and these FDWs, covered by my name of employment, can look for "better" or employers they like once they are in Singapore!

The laws are not protecting employers at all!

Our govt is not helping us Singaporeans n the maids are so protected by their countries.

When they dun wish to work, we are the ones to suffer. Replacement fees, insurance, lodging, time wasted, affects our life n need get other family members to help.. etc etc

The maids learnt all the things before they came sg. Knew we are desperate, can't do without them. My maid came with very little belongings. Her friend in indo told her just tell employer to buy.

Same same with me puplewhite, my maid only bring her few tshirt and pants. Dont hv sandals, towel, but she bring lot of nice clothes for weekend likes long shirt, jeans, handbag, watch, perfume, lipstick. Omg..i feel like faint. What is in her mind actually when landed here..work or holiday

Same same, when i chk her luggage, got perfume, pretty clothes, makeup tools..., it is their personal preference but all i wan is they do the job, what i pay, they do, so that i can rest after work.

When i m at home resting in the afternoon, this S will show me attitude and then crying said she work whole day never rest..?

The thing is, i work till late night, 1 day I rest 6 hrs. she rest 10hrs, she complain other employer good, can let maid rest in the afternoon.. I gave her 10hrs not enuf?

Hi Rachel, i feel u too . I hve e same issue as well. During my confinement period, my first maid wanted to go back claiming she cant take care of baby n she miss her daughter.. We intially thinking she will adjust herself n change her mind. To my horror, she can boil water, n doze off.. Not even shower on that very night. . I agree that somehow we as a employer are nt protected in certain way.
However we get actually draft out a simple letter getting agency and maid to sign on e letter stating that is nt we are ill treating e maid. They choose to go back agency due to what reason. It might nt really help muchh but as a employer, in a year, we cant change more then 6 maid. I fully agree that when maid is not performing or meeting the min requirement we are incurring all the additional charges for no reason.

How I wish the govt can bring in maids of better sources n put in measures to protect us. Who will want maids to stay in our homes?!?! We just need help to take care of our homes, elderly n kids. Out of no choice...

Cutting down levy to $60 is no use at all. The time, stress, anger n $ wasted is so so much more.

Mummy, I shared your pain.

I too given Mymmar maid "chance" The first transferred maid English cannot make it, tell lies and first day reached my place already ask me for wifi access. Cannot read time and cannot understand, imagine work in singapore for 1 years. Don't know how to cook when interview everything yes mdm yes mdm. Missed my son school bus and bring my girl to school 1 hr earlier. And dirty like hell, when talking to me digging her nose. She is only 24 years old. Returned her after 1 month.

Gave another Mymmar maid "chance" Come to my house less than 24 hours requested me to return her to agency. Also requested for wi-fi when reach my place when I had already told her no wifi when interview. Wear extremely hot pants and tight fitting top to show off her shape the moment when I asked her to get change.

I had to lost my agent fee, insurance and paying their levy for 21 days and lodging.

I called MOM but they said no choice, nothing can be done to help this is by law we have to pay.

Now i lost faith in maid and managing myself without maid. Finally after 7 years with maids, i am doing without maid. I am also a full time working mother.

Jia you!

Hi hugomum,

Thanks for the sharing. If i hav read something similar, i probably wont give them chance or employ any burmese as home helper. Honestly based on experience, they gave more problems than Indonesian maid!

They hav the mentality that we desperately need them, the work they do if up to standard they will ask more & more 得寸进尺,work in good order supposed to be their duty, yet they use it to demand more benefits.. Sigh..

If no kids, purely working couples, who wants maid to create more problems to our lives?

How I wish the govt can bring in maids of better sources n put in measures to protect us. Who will want maids to stay in our homes?!?! We just need help to take care of our homes, elderly n kids. Out of no choice...

Cutting down levy to $60 is no use at all. The time, stress, anger n $ wasted is so so much more.

Agreed with u Purplewhite

Hi All,

My mom also had terrible experience with Myanmar maids 4 years ago. She hired one through the agency, as our previous Filipino maid decided not to return the last minute, and just texted me to say sorry, please tell ma'am she needed to take care of her sister in Taiwan; that her clothings in closet can just give away; and sorry for the inconvenience. So my mom had no choice but to contact agency, who provided her with a Myanmar maid available to start work immediately. My mom and the agency told the maid that her contract was 2 years; in that period she is not allowed to get pregnant. The maid agreed. However, only after starting work with my mom, she told her that she is getting married as she had a long-term boyfriend. My mom reminded her again what she promised her and the agency. Then to my mom's horror, one morning, the maid went into the servant's restroom and came out with a very ugly and pale face. My mom then asked her if she was pregnant. She said that she did not know. So my mom arranged to send her for health check the next morning. At the dr's the next morning, a scan was done and it was confirmed that our maid was 6 weeks pregnant. The maid was 24 years old. (Her marriage was interviewed by the Straits Times at that time, and Straits Times even called my mom to do a phone interview.)

My mom then called up the agency immediately. To her shock, the agency told her that she could continue to let the maid work until maybe 5 or 6 months. My mom was very angry, argued with the agency, and said that the maid was carrying a live human being inside her, and we could not afford to keep her anymore, in case that when she was helping us clean the cabinet by climbing the stool, she miscarried.

My mom also brought the maid and her husband back to the agency. To our surprise, the husband was laughing as if he knew and planned all of this, while the whole time the maid was crying very badly. :eek:

The next day, my mom sent the maid back. We do not know if the maid after given birth, had re-entered our country, to seek for another job.

After that, we never dare hire another Myanmar maid again due to the bad experience. :(

Chanced upon this thread. I must say I give up on Myanmar maid.

My first maid was Indonesian. When her contract ended, we decided to let her go back and look for a new maid. My brother had a Myanmar maid who has worked for his household for 6 years. They prefer Myanmarese because they are supposedly more "obedient". So I went maid hunting at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre and saw one small agency named K-Team that has Mandarin speaking maids from Myanmar. Ah, I thought this is good cos my mum doesn't speak English. The agent highly recommended a transfer maid who was working for her then employer for seven months looking after a toddler. Her reason for transfer was that employer made her work in two households and didn't give her enough food.

I interviewed her on the phone and she sounded promising. We met her again at the agency where my hubby spoke to her. We even brought our 2yo son to meet her just to see if there is any chemistry. Btw, I didn't mention the agency claimed she was a teacher teaching children back in Myanmar.

So she came to my household. Can't do anything she said she could on the phone. She can't even do simple chore like making milk for my son. We sat her down on her 2nd week only to realize that I hadn’t spoken to her on the phone. I asked if she thinks she can manage the work and she said yes she wants to continue working. So we gave her a chance and tried to train her. However, she doesn’t put in effort and day dreams all the time. One day, I saw the broom and dustpan in the middle of the living room and she was in the kitchen staring out of the window! This made me scared. What if she has some negative thoughts?

We spoke to her again on her first pay day where we have to pay her $20 after offsetting the loan amount. She said she wants to go home. So we said ok. We told the agent we will let her go since she is not used to working as a domestic helper and is homesick. Anyway, long story short. After she left, she signed a letter which I felt was instigated by the agent, and said the workload is too heavy, she didn’t have her own room (she shares room with my toddler) and when she wants to take a nap during her afternoon rest time, she couldn’t, among other reasons she cited that are groundless. This made us really disappointed and angry because we are nice people who wants to treat our maid well but we got stabbed in the back. The agent used this as reason not to return us partial of the agency fee which she has agreed to. The whole incident turned quite bad I had to file a report to CASE. Anyway, I was able to counter all the reasons that she listed – eg. 1. No personal room which we have already told her before we brought her home and she agreed to it. 2. House too big which I have declared my house type to the agent when I was looking for a maid. After much tussle, we managed to get back some of the money. But it is a lesson learnt. I am phobia of getting Myanmar maid again. I acknowledge there is no perfect maid so I will make do with one whom I think can serve the purpose of my household.

Hi mummies,
MOM wrote to me with this..:

"We have taken note of your feedback regarding Joy Forever Employment Services and have informed the relevant department in the Ministry for their assessment."

We shouldnt be suffer in silence, more feedbacks and voices may raise the bar for agency, afterall, we paid agency fee yet still suffer not only financial loss...

For feedback on FDW & Agency, you can write to:

[email protected]

Please don try the maid agency at Rivervale. I think is call Target Maid agency

I went to do a few round of interview on their mymmar maid, all cannot speak English. Some state they know how to take care of kids but when I ask how they take care they quiet. I even give the most simple question, if baby cry what will you do. All the maid quiet. Worst the agency said I asked too difficult question....

If you going to find agency refrain going there.

Hi mummies,
MOM wrote to me with this..:

"We have taken note of your feedback regarding Joy Forever Employment Services and have informed the relevant department in the Ministry for their assessment."

We shouldnt be suffer in silence, more feedbacks and voices may raise the bar for agency, afterall, we paid agency fee yet still suffer not only financial loss...

For feedback on FDW & Agency, you can write to:

[email protected]

Dear Rachel
I sympathize with you and know what it feels like to go through what you did with your Myanmar maid. My family was hurt by a myanmar maid and this trauma that we suffered had helped my family to strengthen our resolution NEVER TO DEPEND ON ANY MAIDS EVER AGAIN.

At the end of it, I learnt ONE THING. Myanmar maids ARE NOT GRATEFUL PEOPLE. Even a friend of mine who owns a business in Myanmar said that
an employee whom they have treated like family for years can leave the family in the dead of the night, stealing all the jewellery, and ran away. I understand that such ungrateful behaviour IS NORMAL. Telling lies and falsehood are normal for the people of Myanmar. My friend was even cheated out of USD30,000 by people he trusted because he bought some precious stones supported by certificates which later on turned out to be FAKE. I AM CERTAIN that the maid biodata provided for us is false. These DISHONEST AGENTS in Myanmar COLLABORATING with Singapore agents supplying all these false information on maids for us is really UNACCEPTABLE. This is really DANGEROUS as we are getting people to live with us and taking care of our children and parents.
Unless it is another person with the same name, I had interviewed Z before under another agency but she was fatter and I was told the age is 36.

We Should keep WRITING TO MOM to put pressure on these officers to do something. Maids are coming in for holidays on our expense. In other words, they are here to take advantage.

Cutting down the levy to $60 IS JUST A PACIFIER to us Singaporeans. When language is a problem and character and behaviour is a problem, the government should NOT ALLOWED THEM TO COME INTO SINGAPORE to create problems for us instead of helping us. We hope we can get someone who can help us look after our family but instead, we ended looking after them and paying them salaries for work they could not even do properly.

Lim Swee Say should do something about this. The Myanmar govt is asking for min SGD450 for their maids because of maid abuse. It is yet another RANSOM NOTE.

We give an inch they ask for a yard. We give a yard they ask for a mile. We give a mile they ask for the moon. They are never satisfied and are always complaining, comparing and whining. Yet in Myanmar, these people can only earn SGD50 per month. Here they are paid $450 per month with everything provided for, yet they continue to give problems.

We should just depend on ourselves. We can because we are resilient. I have survived 5 months without a maid and a full time job. So far so good.

Dear Rachel
I sympathize with you and know what it feels like to go through what you did with your Myanmar maid. My family was hurt by a myanmar maid and this trauma that we suffered had helped my family to strengthen our resolution NEVER TO DEPEND ON ANY MAIDS EVER AGAIN.

At the end of it, I learnt ONE THING. Myanmar maids ARE NOT GRATEFUL PEOPLE. Even a friend of mine who owns a business in Myanmar said that
an employee whom they have treated like family for years can leave the family in the dead of the night, stealing all the jewellery, and ran away. I understand that such ungrateful behaviour IS NORMAL. Telling lies and falsehood are normal for the people of Myanmar. My friend was even cheated out of USD30,000 by people he trusted because he bought some precious stones supported by certificates which later on turned out to be FAKE. I AM CERTAIN that the maid biodata provided for us is false. These DISHONEST AGENTS in Myanmar COLLABORATING with Singapore agents supplying all these false information on maids for us is really UNACCEPTABLE. This is really DANGEROUS as we are getting people to live with us and taking care of our children and parents.
Unless it is another person with the same name, I had interviewed Zin Mar OO before under another agency but she was fatter and I was told the age is 36.

We Should keep WRITING TO MOM to put pressure on these officers to do something. Maids are coming in for holidays on our expense. In other words, they are here to take advantage.
As the discussion goes on, we just get angrier. We are struggling to earn a living and yet need to waste $ plus time. My parents are no longer young n I have three young kids. We can try do everything ourselves but will end up tired. No energy at work, less time spent with family, home not clean. (Not easy to get part time cleaner these days too).

As the discussion goes on, we just get angrier. We are struggling to earn a living and yet need to waste $ plus time. My parents are no longer young n I have three young kids. We can try do everything ourselves but will end up tired. No energy at work, less time spent with family, home not clean. (Not easy to get part time cleaner these days too).

Purplewhite,

No need to get angry over these FDW, its not worth ☺️

Our sharing here can be more constructive to let other mummies know what can they do/avoid/ we have consensus what are the practice.
Myanmar maid they like to selectively hear and take words "benefit" them, example, when i said i allow my ex-indonesia maid to nap in the afternoon, she will said "GOOD" but the story never finish & she thought she also deserve. The condition of indonesia maid able to take nap because sometimes when employer came home ard 11pm or 12am afterwork, indo maid will come out from room to help out, etc, also wake up 7am, instead of 8am (Myanmar)

Anyway.., if u think by venting here helps u relieve a bit, go ahead, everyone has own way of managing life stress

My neighbour has a new myanmar maid who came in one week ago. According to my neighbour, she has changed employer twice in 2 months. Reason : the first employer lets her sleep in the store-room. There is a space for her to put her mattress and she is not happy about it. I have slept on dirt floor before when I went overseas, slept in a cramped room for about 2 weeks. Of course, it is a different situation. We are there to help others and were prepared to put up with the inconveniences. However, I feel that myanmar maids who claimed that they are so poor and here to earn money to make their lives better in home country should not complain so much about minor inconveniences especially when they are earning SGD450 which is a big sum of money compared to the usual SGD50 per month average earnings. This shows that the race live their lives as if others owe them a living.

Ask for four off days..? Alamak we work so hard during weekdays n need help on weekends. They also want off on so many Sundays.

Any one's maids ok with off days on Saturdays n weekdays?

Twice I ask my maid go off on a non Sunday cos I have guests coming. She agreed. But faked sick when the non Sunday comes, probably her friends dun have off.

Ask for four off days..? Alamak we work so hard during weekdays n need help on weekends. They also want off on so many Sundays.

Any one's maids ok with off days on Saturdays n weekdays?

Twice I ask my maid go off on a non Sunday cos I have guests coming. She agreed. But faked sick when the non Sunday comes, probably her friends dun have off.
Yup, they wont want non-sunday off coz no friends, no happy hours, no exchange information

Please beware of this maid agency " Champion Manpower Agency" who claimed that they have 16 years experience. returned my maid on 8/Aug to them and supposed to pay levy till 22 Aug, was not aware that they did not cancelled her work permit accordingly to MOM time frame and without even informing me.
If not i asked about it, i think they happily expecting me to continue to pay for the maid levy and also delaying my refund of Insurance premium.

Dear all,

Please really be cautious, there are too many black sheep agency out there trying to find ways to con us and handling in an non ethical way whereby they know MOM will not interfere.

Dear mothers,

I am a part time working mother, like many mothers, hiring FDW to help out. I would like to share my painful experience here so that people who read this may not suffer what i been through.

This year, i engaged this agency name: Joy Employment Services (also known as Joy Forever Employment Services) located in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

The agent recommend a transfer maid to me, FDW's Name is Han Ni Win (Passport no. MA543695) Looks decent when interview, although English can not make it. Agent ask me to be patience and give chance to transfer maid, since she has 9 months experience in Singapore, a little bit easier to train than New Myanmar Maids. I gave the chance and nightmare started.....

Han Ni Win, worked in my place for less than a month, throughout the period, not to comment too much on the standard of her work but the very basic requirement i hire a maid is to look after my 3 children age 7, 6 & 4. During her employment, she often shout to me and my children when we trying to teach her things (can be forgive because her English can not make it). However, i found out that she adds in ajinomoto in the soup she cook, which she dont drink but Ajinomoto is not allow in my house. After 1 week working for me, she requested to go for off days, which during the loan period, agent's contract is "no off day but compensate". I do not agree, the next day, she lies to me that it is Myanmar's new year (early Apr 2015) she wants to go back to her hometown for New Year Celebration. Me & hubby checked theres no such New Year in Myanmar, confront her but she keep quiet. The following few days, she dazzled most of the time.
In addition, my kids who are 7 & 6 years old, did not get help to cut fruits from her & the kids eventually take the knife to cut fruits without adult supervision!!

She was send back to agent & later repatriated to Myanmar...
I use joy agency before! Dog shit maid training n service... I was upset! :(

Hi mummies,

My helper is leaving soon is there any details can share with me for getting a new helper. Cos my current one has been with me for 5 years and I realize the big changes about the rule and standard of helper.

Mine is a mymmar not bad thinking of getting one from mymmar again.

Is there any advise ? Or maid agency to recommend or things to take note ?

Thanks!

Its me again.
This time, Indonesian maid, from same agency...

This maid worked only 2 months out of sudden pack to go back agent.
2 days ago She accused me calling her friend to tell her friend she already go back hometown.
When i ask, who is your friend? Where is she stay? She can not answer. Today before she go, i ask again, i said i can go report police she then said her fren is in Indonesia. What a conflict!!
She everyday sneak out earlier when pick my kids, not because of punctuality but to join her group of friends!

I gave her body soap, she dont wan to take. I gave her high class shampoo, conditioner, lotion I brought from US, she take immediately. Nevertheless, today accuse me not buying her toiletries??!!

On 2nd day she arrived my home, she asked for a prepaid phone card. Out of kindness, i buy for her n allow her to use handphone for Saturday & Sunday, full day. She still unhappy..
... I just checked the Hi Card register under my name, from today 9am to 12pm she send more than 50sms out!
What a great job!!

Recently i wan to correct her hygiene style in handling trash, she back faced me, for a number of time, i asked her to turn her head to face me but she just ignored.

Things in my house seems got "leg" went missing. One of my credit card gone, i m not sure i loss any cash or not coz i m blur n never count money..

The CCTV we installed, when my husband check the video recording last week (after I realized things are missing), we found that the camera angle was push to facing wall...

I dont hav enough evidence to catch her stealing, can I still make police report?

Those maids in pic ... too pretty .
The maids become like that regardless of nationalities because they will face penalties from the agencies if they want to change employers after 1 -2mth so the moment they not happy... they faster change. ( source: my maid ) .. from joy agency .

Cutting down the levy to $60 IS JUST A PACIFIER to us Singaporeans. When language is a problem and character and behaviour is a problem, the government should NOT ALLOWED THEM TO COME INTO SINGAPORE to create problems for us instead of helping us. We hope we can get someone who can help us look after our family but instead, we ended looking after them and paying them salaries for work they could not even do properly.

Lim Swee Say should do something about this. The Myanmar govt is asking for min SGD450 for their maids because of maid abuse. It is yet another RANSOM NOTE.

We give an inch they ask for a yard. We give a yard they ask for a mile. We give a mile they ask for the moon. They are never satisfied and are always complaining, comparing and whining. Yet in Myanmar, these people can only earn SGD50 per month. Here they are paid $450 per month with everything provided for, yet they continue to give problems.

We should just depend on ourselves. We can because we are resilient. I have survived 5 months without a maid and a full time job. So far so good.

after suffering under the hands of 2 Myanmar, 1 Indonesian and 1 Filipino, I made up my decision to live without maid after 7 years.

I admitted that life become tough with full time job and taking care of 2 kids + household chores + everything but life moves on and it have been 3 months...

after suffering under the hands of 2 Myanmar, 1 Indonesian and 1 Filipino, I made up my decision to live without maid after 7 years.

I admitted that life become tough with full time job and taking care of 2 kids + household chores + everything but life moves on and it have been 3 months...

I am 34 . I had maids for 14 years
I had 5 kids plus a full time job n dealing with breast cancer recently and studying same time . I cant live without maids n I need 2. My youngest is 2 years. I came in to this thread because I tot of going back to Joy agency to renew. but seems it got worse . I had to lower my expectations but I dun compromise.

If you have five kids and a mountain of needs, you must have a maid no choice. But 5 kids is good to keep them busy. Maids are usually very naughty when they are too free.

Whichever agency you go to, Avoid APPLE MAID AGENCY. DISHONEST.

Those maids in pic ... too pretty .
The maids become like that regardless of nationalities because they will face penalties from the agencies if they want to change employers after 1 -2mth so the moment they not happy... they faster change. ( source: my maid ) .. from joy agency .

Ameleah,

U oso use Joy Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre?

I find this agency weird after 4 maids from them all quit within short 1 day to 2 months. They would keep the maid's passports & WP after the maid physically work at my place, (after thumbprint at MOM), i do not know why they hav this practice coz my previous agent will pass all documents to me when handing over maid to me. Probably they educated maid to go back to them within 2 months?

& each maid after returning to them, cancelled WP was not returned to MOM on time. I received warning letters from MOM, 3 times! To notify me the WP card did not return after cancellation of FDW under my name.
When i check with Jolene, from Joy Agency, she told me to ignore MOM letter but never said whether they hav return the WP card

Last edited:
Do the cancellation yourself to prevent agent doing hanky panky stuff with the WP card with your name.
Cancel WP online. Print out. Give print out to MOM. If you are packing off the maid home, then you don't need to return the WP card. Just give MOM the cancellation printout + a photocopy of the airticket. That's all ! very simple and clean.

Do the cancellation yourself to prevent agent doing hanky panky stuff with the WP card with your name.
Cancel WP online. Print out. Give print out to MOM. If you are packing off the maid home, then you don't need to return the WP card. Just give MOM the cancellation printout + a photocopy of the airticket. That's all ! very simple and clean.
Mini,
I wish the things can b as simple as u told. Those maid came less than 2 months but return to agent, they hav not finish loan, which means i hav few thousand dollars "with the agency", this is like being strangle n no choice but to go back to Joy Agency! Otherwise, i would cancel WP & send the FDW to home country straight away

The same agency, ask me to pick another maid as replacement, this time, is a girl call Saw Hin Nwe, via the phone interview, she can speak fluent english, employment record shows she take care children, cook & clean in her 2 previous employment, each employment is 18 months. Over the phone, i repeat & repeatedly her job needs to take care 3 children, she said can can can, her last employment also take care children.

View attachment 566277

I thought this time should be better but who knows, upon the 1st day, she said she wanted a transfer!
She started saying different story, said she can not take care 3 children,
My children is naughty, she never take care children before..., etc...

I asked her to give some time to adjust, she agree to try but on the 12th day, she started making a scene, crying badly wanted to go back agent out of sudden. She shouted to me saying "she working is not to have her face look happy, she is so tire.., other maids in my kids school said how can she look so tire..." I have my CCTV, everyday, i will let her go back to room to rest from 10pm/10.30pm till next morning 7.45am then only she walk out from the room. My kids who share the room with her told me that she would use her phone until very late every night. She also mentioned all other maids in this agency can transfer as when they dont like to work for an employer..

Anybody let your maid sleep early & yet wake up late one?

After the breakout on 12th working days, my kids shifted out from that room to my room & i have to sleep on sofa!?

The agent asked her to stay until i found a new maid & today she breakout again, saying she very tire, she never rest on day time.. (She actually watch TV with my kids n chit chat with other maids while my kids at playground), she acted as if i ill treat her, when i point out the basin side shd not have store water which could be bed for Andes mosquitos, she fight back and keep shouting shouting at me, my blood pressure surge!! I told her to stop otherwise i will landed in hospital but she doesnt, walk out and walk to me again, picking for fight.

My hubby can not take it, told her, if she wants to transfer, go back agent, call the agent to come and pick her.. She start crying crying and shouting... I wonder what she wants or is she crazy?

Finally, get the agent & bring her back. As routine, i check her luggage & yet she is very unhappy, in front of agent, she still showing me the attitude..

Recently, my facebook flash out this FB user among "friends suggestion"

Thank god! she left my family! By looking at her FB, everyday, the frequency of her patronizing FB... Obviously she got no heart n responsibility to honor the duty as what she sign for employment contract... Let alone the honesty why she need handphone during working hours:

It horrible to read the suffering you all went thru. I have myanmar maids. Current one, she was on off with me for 3 yrs. On Off is bcos she previously has family issues and need to go back. in between I got other myanmar maids, and yes its terrible exprience. Got one who was like so perfect, dont want HP n off day! But not smart, only good for routine housework. cant cook, not proactive with kids, I have to let her go. then got another one who claims that agent lied to her abt working condition in SG, I believed her cos the next maid from the same agency, also told me her agent paint to her different story abt working in SG (the agent told them it very easy to work here, just look after a household - never mention abt household chores or caring for kids or elderly). But she want to earn money so she willing to stay on (thats the not so smart one). The came a transfer who is fast in her work, can communicate, can get along with my kids, but cleanliness is terrible! I called my ex maid to come back.
It all boils down to luck getting a good maid. Nowadays , out of 10, probably only 2 are really here to work and understand what they are getting themselves into. While the rest was recruited by the agents packs of lies.

Recently I heard that agents back there are recruiting the maids as caregiver, which will command higher salary. they only need to attend course for 1-3 mths. no loan. And some of the maids have ended their contract early and went back.
I checked on the internet a found a agency that provide foreign cargivers, which stated their caregiver have diplomas and degree in caregiving. but their WP will be under FDW. From the description, it was no difference to maid, just a nicer name and higher salary plus 2k agency fee. If these 2 link together, it all fake cert, as the maids only take courses for at most 3 mths!

It horrible to read the suffering you all went thru. I have myanmar maids. Current one, she was on off with me for 3 yrs. On Off is bcos she previously has family issues and need to go back. in between I got other myanmar maids, and yes its terrible exprience. Got one who was like so perfect, dont want HP n off day! But not smart, only good for routine housework. cant cook, not proactive with kids, I have to let her go. then got another one who claims that agent lied to her abt working condition in SG, I believed her cos the next maid from the same agency, also told me her agent paint to her different story abt working in SG (the agent told them it very easy to work here, just look after a household - never mention abt household chores or caring for kids or elderly). But she want to earn money so she willing to stay on (thats the not so smart one). The came a transfer who is fast in her work, can communicate, can get along with my kids, but cleanliness is terrible! I called my ex maid to come back.
It all boils down to luck getting a good maid. Nowadays , out of 10, probably only 2 are really here to work and understand what they are getting themselves into. While the rest was recruited by the agents packs of lies.

Recently I heard that agents back there are recruiting the maids as caregiver, which will command higher salary. they only need to attend course for 1-3 mths. no loan. And some of the maids have ended their contract early and went back.
I checked on the internet a found a agency that provide foreign cargivers, which stated their caregiver have diplomas and degree in caregiving. but their WP will be under FDW. From the description, it was no difference to maid, just a nicer name and higher salary plus 2k agency fee. If these 2 link together, it all fake cert, as the maids only take courses for at most 3 mths!
Thanks for sharing! Indeed the oversea supplier (Myanmar agencies) issue is very difficult to handle. After my 4th helper gone, i started searching from agencies to agencies and read more. Then i realised most of the singapore agencies rely on home country's suppliers to provide "head" for singapore employer to "choose" based on biodata.

Singapore government cant control these oversea agencies over the training standards & filtering to "FDW" who are coming to singapore. Which later become employer's problem of getting helper does not help. While singapore agent, nowadays, are not really providing training to these FDW. What they claimed training is done at home country, doesnt really exist. The moment FDW step into Singapore, Sg agencies will send these FDW to employers house soonest possible to manage their costs... If employers or FDWs not happy asking for change, agencies are happy to do that! We all know why!

I had a transfer Myanmar maid too. I requested from maid agency that i need someone that can cook well and thats can communicate with english. The transfer maid was very good in cooking, you show her what you want she can cook or else show her the recipe or cooking video and she can cook pretty well. Her english is ok, can communicate. The only issue is her attitude which i find it not so good, whereby you say her then she will show give many reasons or show attitude face which i dont like. Making me even more angry and bad mood for the whole day. And i realise she has some stealing habits and so i decided to return her to maid agency within less than a month. A little unwilling cause she can cook well, but a little worry cause she steal and her attitude not good.

The second maid i request from the same agency is i want a new fresh maid that has good attitude and can communicate in english. Agent say most fresh new myanmar maid dont know english, but they learn very fast. Then i tell her to take her time to find me someone can understand little bit english. Maid agency pass me 2 maid bio date, both maid interview through video online, i realise their english no good but at least can communicate a litte. Both are sweet and i select one of them. according to her bio data she has 2yrs working experience as maid in india. But i realise her cooking skills and household cleaning is bad. Anyway my mum did spend some time to teach her. Although her english is not very good, at least she can understand a bit. And my mother speaks chinese and i guess she try to figure what what is it. After all i find she is quite a ok maid. She will automatically wake up early in the morning to clean the house even though she sleeps late at night where sometimes we stay up late over the weekends. The best part is her attitude, no matter if i scold or say her, she always have the good attitude and say sorry and smile at me. Which makes me less angry which is very important. I feel this maid attitude and temper is good and nice, no matter how angry i am, she can make me less angry. Sometimes i feel even bad for scolding her for her repeated mistakes, and will tend to be automatically more patient towards her.

So afterall i feel myanmar maid is pretty good. I dont know whether is it my luck or is my agent doing a good job. :)

Yes attitude is important. Likewise for our bosses, they won't keep us if we keep arguing back or show them black face. Stealing is definitely a no no for me.

Most agents I visited do not recommend fresh Myanmar maids. So at the advise of friends and relatives, I chose an experienced Myanmar maid recommended by the agency. Like shannankew I highlighted to the agency I want a reliable helper that can help and cope with my expected household chores and hopefully can complete 2 years with me. So far so good. I have not had the need to scold her. But I will tell her where she had overlooked or slipped in her work and she will know where needs improvement.

She said she couldn't cook, but I managed to guide her to cook to our family taste. She was just not confident at cooking our food as every household is different. Only took me less than 2 weeks. Now she prepares most of our meals. Communication in simple English is manageable. She understands what we want with little explanation. Her cleaning and hygiene levels are better than expected, maybe due to her experience. She also can get along with ah gong and ah ma with their limited English.

We make sure she has at least 8 hours of sleep. Food wise, mostly eat the same as us except for the few certain food that she doesn't like. I didn't have the chance to interview through phone or video. Took it at agent's recommendation and her previous work records.

With the above, I'm happy to pay a bit more for an experienced SG helper. It just cost an extra $2 a day

Bad Maid Agency to Avoid - 123 Employment Agency at Katong Shopping Centre (agent Cindy Hong Tek Tju)

Had a very bad experience with 123 Employment Agency.

They sided with the bad Myanmar maid who kicked my 3yo son (in the morning before he went to the childcare centre) and ran away from my home to the agency. Bad after-sales service. Only cared about $$$ Cindy Hong asked me when we were going to give her the cheque for the replacement mai when I called her to say the Myanmar maid ran away (she ran away when my mum was cooking in the kitchen!)

This agency was known as Sunway Employment Pte Ltd in the past but its licence was revoked by MOM. Refer to the link below.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/~/media/mom/d...gencies/revoked-employment-agencies.pdf?la=en

Dear Mommies, I would like to hear your advice on what I'm experiencing with my Myanmar maid who has worked with me since Nov 2015.

Summary
- she take care of my baby quite ok but her hygiene standards not that high
- she listens to corrections
- so far she is honest when dealing with money with us
- generally quite hardworking but will slack when we treat her too well
- sometimes show not happy face when I point out things im not happy with
- attitude is good generally and is never rude even if I sometimes mistakenly "accuse" her of minor things like switching off my water heater when I'm bathing (but I apologize when I realize i was mistaken)

My issue with her is she is quite rough. Sometimes I hear things drop in the kitchen like bamboo pole.. I very scared she spoil my kitchen.

She clean my bathroom lock well, I was happy, but she did not turn the lock down so my wall kana a deep scratch... Things that require common sense like this she don't really have so it's very tiring for me to always check on things then correct her... Especially now that I'm working Monday to Friday 9-6pm

Her cleanliness standards not v high.. My stove it's quite dirty she never clean well... Last night I was cleaning it at midnight to check how to clean it properly so I can instruct her.... Got maid still so busy... I'm so tired!!

When she go out of the house on Sundays I expect her to be out only 8am-8pm. But she's often late home with no apologies. I spoke to her once on this and she was defensive but not rude. Yesterday (Sunday) she came home at 8:35! My hubby talked to her nicely to explain that we are very generous with our off time for her already... We expect her back on time.. She was receptive but didn't apologize.

I'm also very disturbed by the way she dress when she go out of the house on Sunday! When interview her she say she need off to go church... But she wears super thick makeup on Sundays and wear till Abit sexy/weird . Ytd I check what she brought out and saw she brought out two nice dresses also...I'm just worried what she does outside.. How come wear one outfit not enough still must bring out two very dressy dresses ? (Like go to a formal dinner type of dress).

I really don't want to change maid as it's super tiring training one from scratch and she seems much better than a lot of Myanmar maids I've been hearing about.... But is there any cause for concern for my this maid esp her behavior on off days?

Yea I agree. So busy even when we have maids. Sigh they duno what's apologetic. Spoil things, not punctual... Mouth says sorry but heart hack care..

Off days are very precious for them. That's y they can't bear to go back hm. When my maid came back late, I asked her come back earlier the next off day. If she is still late, I keep quiet n nv let her have off day for 2-3 weeks. Then they wake up.

Yea I agree. So busy even when we have maids. Sigh they duno what's apologetic. Spoil things, not punctual... Mouth says sorry but heart hack care..

Off days are very precious for them. That's y they can't bear to go back hm. When my maid came back late, I asked her come back earlier the next off day. If she is still late, I keep quiet n nv let her have off day for 2-3 weeks. Then they wake up.

Oic... Well sometimes my maid is very good. Sometimes not so. Can see she's trying also.

Also, she same religion as me...as I wanted someone with same beliefs... Easier to communicate.

Back