Beware if u r hiring Myanmar maids!!

My Myanmar maid is super very stubborn. Yet forgetful, no common sense n lack general knowledge. Eg remind her lock our gates n don't leave house key on keyhole when enter the house.. She forget at least 5 times a week. Remind her that that puts my kids n me in danger, her salary n Hp may get robbed n she may get raped kinda of thing, she just take it I'm bullshitting... Sigh too many more to mention :(

Bad Maid Agency to Avoid - 123 Employment Agency at Katong Shopping Centre (agent Cindy Hong Tek Tju)

Had a very bad experience with 123 Employment Agency.

They sided with the bad Myanmar maid who kicked my 3yo son (in the morning before he went to the childcare centre) and ran away from my home to the agency. Bad after-sales service. Only cared about $$$ Cindy Hong asked me when we were going to give her the cheque for the replacement mai when I called her to say the Myanmar maid ran away (she ran away when my mum was cooking in the kitchen!)

This agency was known as Sunway Employment Pte Ltd in the past but its licence was revoked by MOM. Refer to the link below.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/~/media/mom/d...gencies/revoked-employment-agencies.pdf?la=en
Hope everyone have bad maid experience could share their maid details so they dont't get hired again.

Recently, my facebook flash out this FB user among "friends suggestion"

Thank god! she left my family! By looking at her FB, everyday, the frequency of her patronizing FB... Obviously she got no heart n responsibility to honor the duty as what she sign for employment contract... Let alone the honesty why she need handphone during working hours:

View attachment 596474

Same as mine. I have post her details on my google+ account so people, please be aware and not to bring her back.

Dear mothers,

I am a part time working mother, like many mothers, hiring FDW to help out. I would like to share my painful experience here so that people who read this may not suffer what i been through.

This year, i engaged this agency name: Joy Employment Services (also known as Joy Forever Employment Services) located in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

The agent recommend a transfer maid to me, FDW's Name is Han Ni Win (Passport no. MA543695) Looks decent when interview, although English can not make it. Agent ask me to be patience and give chance to transfer maid, since she has 9 months experience in Singapore, a little bit easier to train than New Myanmar Maids. I gave the chance and nightmare started.....

Han Ni Win, worked in my place for less than a month, throughout the period, not to comment too much on the standard of her work but the very basic requirement i hire a maid is to look after my 3 children age 7, 6 & 4. During her employment, she often shout to me and my children when we trying to teach her things (can be forgive because her English can not make it). However, i found out that she adds in ajinomoto in the soup she cook, which she dont drink but Ajinomoto is not allow in my house. After 1 week working for me, she requested to go for off days, which during the loan period, agent's contract is "no off day but compensate". I do not agree, the next day, she lies to me that it is Myanmar's new year (early Apr 2015) she wants to go back to her hometown for New Year Celebration. Me & hubby checked theres no such New Year in Myanmar, confront her but she keep quiet. The following few days, she dazzled most of the time.
In addition, my kids who are 7 & 6 years old, did not get help to cut fruits from her & the kids eventually take the knife to cut fruits without adult supervision!!

She was send back to agent & later repatriated to Myanmar...
Hi All,

My mom also had terrible experience with Myanmar maids 4 years ago. She hired one through the agency, as our previous Filipino maid decided not to return the last minute, and just texted me to say sorry, please tell ma'am she needed to take care of her sister in Taiwan; that her clothings in closet can just give away; and sorry for the inconvenience. So my mom had no choice but to contact agency, who provided her with a Myanmar maid available to start work immediately. My mom and the agency told the maid that her contract was 2 years; in that period she is not allowed to get pregnant. The maid agreed. However, only after starting work with my mom, she told her that she is getting married as she had a long-term boyfriend. My mom reminded her again what she promised her and the agency. Then to my mom's horror, one morning, the maid went into the servant's restroom and came out with a very ugly and pale face. My mom then asked her if she was pregnant. She said that she did not know. So my mom arranged to send her for health check the next morning. At the dr's the next morning, a scan was done and it was confirmed that our maid was 6 weeks pregnant. The maid was 24 years old. (Her marriage was interviewed by the Straits Times at that time, and Straits Times even called my mom to do a phone interview.)

My mom then called up the agency immediately. To her shock, the agency told her that she could continue to let the maid work until maybe 5 or 6 months. My mom was very angry, argued with the agency, and said that the maid was carrying a live human being inside her, and we could not afford to keep her anymore, in case that when she was helping us clean the cabinet by climbing the stool, she miscarried.

My mom also brought the maid and her husband back to the agency. To our surprise, the husband was laughing as if he knew and planned all of this, while the whole time the maid was crying very badly. :eek:

The next day, my mom sent the maid back. We do not know if the maid after given birth, had re-entered our country, to seek for another job.

After that, we never dare hire another Myanmar maid again due to the bad experience. :(

Oh dear, how terrible.

Ya agreed. Myanmar maids really terrible. Basically cannot do anything, bad temper, bad attitude, talk back... The list goes on

Beware of A Paratama Maid Agency in Bukit Timah Area.

Thats all I can say...try at your own risks

Don't be fool by them. Before you sign, they will give you all the smiling faces you want. After that, haha... You will find out yourselves...

Hi All

Please beware of this maid from Mynmar, her name is : L

She was with me for 9 months and initial stage I keep my old Filipino maid for 3 weeks just to teach her the daily chores due to my slipped disc I could not band or squart. She was ok for about a month after my old maid left. As she need to fetch my kids to school and back from school, I guess she mixed with many maids at the school gate, all bad influence affects her work and nightmare started at home.

She almost burn down my kitchen, she doesn't clean the floor properly nor wash the laundry properly, lots of my clothes got stain by colors, I warn her to be more careful but whenever I went to spot check how she soak the clothes I always see all dark colors was mixed with color clothing and my bedsheet, she soak and wash immediately, all white laundry turn grey in colors.

When she done things wrong, I spoke to her she will turn away, no eye contact. And she often switch on my kids TV to watch, I warn her not to do it but she still does it. also make use of my home phone without permission.

From March onward, I started to look out for new maid biodata but in May she suddenly tell me she want to transfer, that was just after she finish her loan with the agent. I told her I will check with her agent, agent told me that since the loan period is over employer can decide if we want to let her transfer but employer will have to pay for her lodging up to 21days which will be like her one month salary. After discussing with my husband, we decide to just buy a ticket and send her home as that is cheaper than paying her lodging and anyway, she is not a good worker for the next employer.

We only let her know that she is going home on the day of her departure. She bagged to stay on but told her that her permit has been cancelled and we cannot do much.

After she left, I started to find out the things she done at home. My kitchen floor track was choke when I wash my kitchen, she was silent on it and did not let us know and after a week, we found my master room toilet choke, the floor track was full of hair which was not cleared and cause the choking, we spend over $100 getting plumper in to clear the choke, next I found she stole my conditioners and my husband facial scrub hidden in my bedsheets cupboard. When my new maid came in, she started to clear up the rooms and we found more surprises, she stole my whole family clothings, my son T's, my daughter new dress with tag, my husband singlet and shorts, and lots of my clothings and even brand new sports bra, all stuffed in 5 layers of plastic bag, my daughter brand new headphones, hair accessories and she also stole my facial lotion and stuff for skin and hidden under my MIL mattress etc...a few nights ago, my new maid told me while she clean up the storage stuff on top of the wardrope, she found 2 pair of sandal that belong to my hubby. she is a inhouse daylight robber!!

I thought I just want to post here and share just in case anyone of you bump into her biodata. Any idea how I could post it up in MOM website??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mummies, anyone here hired a mizoram maid? I just hired one and brought her home yesterday. Very difficult to communicate because she doesn't understand simple English. She doesn't know how to cook and clean.

Hi Mummies, anyone here hired a mizoram maid? I just hired one and brought her home yesterday. Very difficult to communicate because she doesn't understand simple English. She doesn't know how to cook and clean.

Hi mummy

oh oh. I am also considering mizoram maid as replacement for my Myanmar maid. I think I had enough of Myanmar maid as they are affecting my whole pregnancy. I am due anytime but no choice I must change. 3rd Myanmar maid in 2 months and my BP shoot. Everyday angry and cried and scolding them. I thought they are Christians and Indians and 1st language is English?

Hi all, just to update, I am finally letting go of my Myanmar maid after 1 year.

I tried to talk to her about some issues but she told me not to talk to her, don't need to talk to her. She also pretends that she doesn't use HP during work hours and cry when we say she uses HP until I pointed out her public FB profile shows she replies her friends during working hours. Then she said she uses it a little bit, said everything is her fault, she wants us to change maid.

She so scary, she can lie blatantly to us and cry. Then when expose her lie, she immediately stop crying and start arguing.

Really very disappointed in her. I thought she's a very helpful maid but she has become so argumentative.

And about Sunday dressing, she dress until b trendy one... Make up Super Gao . But when come back she will change to something simple and take off all her make up. She like got 2 faces. And yes she more like come here for holiday than to work.

i just gotten my transfer mymmar maid from SLF. work barely a month. she love to rest, sleeps @ 8plus in the evening and wakes up 6 plus to 7 , sometimes 7 plus. Maybe my house is really nothing much for her to do? she did whatever she was told to do though, never talks back, smiling face. her duties basically more on housekeeping and cooking, and looking after a big dog. she didn't like to have off days she only want a sunday per month. Nothing is stolen so far. maybe still early? i don't know. this is the first time having this nationality, past years bene having indo most of the time. cross my fingers.

I am a full time working mother, like many mothers, hiring FDW to help out as my helper who was with me for 9 years was leaving. I would like to share my painful experience here so that people who read this may not suffer what i have been through.

This year, i engaged this agency name: D'Absolute Employment Services Pte Ltd
Employment Agency located in #B1-21 Siglap Centre, 55 Siglap Rd, 455871

I took a maid from D'Absolute ( SHAWN, DENA & HENNI ) in July 2016, believing the rating from their website I got a maid from them. In just 3 days, I found out that she has been deported from the last country she was working in & contacted D'Absolute about it. They then arranged for srilankan agency to get in touch with her and scolded her for telling us the truth and didn't even had the courtesy to update me till I called D'Absolute again to find out what was happening and all they said was the maid came here through proper clearance which obviously in Singapore you can't come through illegal ways.

My new helper didn't even know how to cook rice and she was rated 5 stars for cooking in their rating, she cooked curry for us and we all had food poisoning and my youngest daughter who is 4 years old suffered the worst outcomes.

I told about this and they asked me to give her more time. I waited for 3 months but she was in deep thoughts and always looking out of my window. I finally thought I would ask D'Absolute for help and they simply told me to pay them some money to get another maid.

Well, after all the unpleasant experience with them, I left a feedback on my experience with them in their website. Now they are refusing to refund my cheque from the insurance i bought for my helper as she left even before 3 months.

They are telling me that they want me to remove my feedback from their website first and if the maid didn't perform than I should be getting back at the maid instead of using them as the punching bag.

I am totally so disappointed and I will ask you guys to do a proper check first. It's been 2 months since she left and they are still not refunding me my money from the insurance policy i bought

Last edited:
My Mynmar maid steals.. sigh.. noticed my money goes missing. But I can't confirm cos I m quite forgetful. At my parents house, my dad saw the maid took a handful of $1 coins n put into her pocket. confirm she is a thief. Ask her go there to eat, relief her from cooking but steal at other people's house.. but many ppl tell me close one eye.. all maids same

Why still keep her.U keeping a rat at home..
Don't give them chance to continue stealing.
Report to police first then to agent...

Versus cost of getting new maid (a few months prepaid salary, agent fee n admin fees, getting leave to train new maid at hm ).. I 忍。 observe again.. and dun let $ n valuables lying around. Troublemakers..

My most two recent maids were from Mizoram. My experience with them was HORRIBLE!

The first one claimed she was not interviewed by me and my husband (we did interview one on the phone at the agency office), and that the Mizoram agent just told her to go to Singapore and change employer. She is an ex-Singapore maid. Her work was good and because of this we treated her very well, indeed like our family member. Only problem with her was that she liked to tempt men in the house by exposing her under garments. For example, she would bend down to clean the floor thereby exposing the back of her panties. She also wore shorts sexily exposing her thighs.

But the day after she got her first month's pay, she absconded to the agent. Agent refused to tell her to come back to us. A few days later, my daughter managed to find her FaceBook profile - we were shocked that she posted sexy photos of herself at all times of the day. She is still posting sexy pics of herself. Her current employer is oblivious to this or just doesn't care. Can you imagine that an FDW has more than 2,400 friends on FB, most of them men!

The replacement Mizoram maid was the worst of the worst we have hired. She knew English very well but pretended not to know and always "acted blur". She used up all my expensive face wash cream and shampoos although I bought her own tubes of face cream and bottle of shampoo. She too, like the Mizoram woman before her, tempted men by exposing her underwear, by pretending to scratch her back and chest and pulling the T-shirt all the way up, showing her bra. She did she "loved children" during the interview but here she did not even want to ask the kids if they are hungry. She gave milk to my small kids (5 year old twins) in cups that reeked of soap taste. She did many more bad things which will take several pages to describe. We decided to send her back and gave her a week's notice and even a copy of the Special Pass and the air ticket. At the airport, she refused to go (claiming we didn't pay her salary) and instead went to the agent who referred her to the MoM. Fortunately we kept clear records of salary payment.
MoM is getting the agent to send her back, but at my cost :(

My previous agent told me they have stopped recruiting Mizoram maids as they are too troublesome.

One other thing to note: the agent in Mizoram (Joseph Empolyment) is a very unscrupulous. She herself was an FDW in Singapore. Seems like she is giving all her maids bad advice.

Anyone thinking of hiring Mizoram maids, please think twice, thrice, or even thousand times before you actually hire one.

My most two recent maids were from Mizoram. My experience with them was HORRIBLE!

The first one claimed she was not interviewed by me and my husband (we did interview one on the phone at the agency office), and that the Mizoram agent just told her to go to Singapore and change employer. She is an ex-Singapore maid. Her work was good and because of this we treated her very well, indeed like our family member. Only problem with her was that she liked to tempt men in the house by exposing her under garments. For example, she would bend down to clean the floor thereby exposing the back of her panties. She also wore shorts sexily exposing her thighs.

But the day after she got her first month's pay, she absconded to the agent. Agent refused to tell her to come back to us. A few days later, my daughter managed to find her FaceBook profile - we were shocked that she posted sexy photos of herself at all times of the day. She is still posting sexy pics of herself. Her current employer is oblivious to this or just doesn't care. Can you imagine that an FDW has more than 2,400 friends on FB, most of them men!

The replacement Mizoram maid was the worst of the worst we have hired. She knew English very well but pretended not to know and always "acted blur". She used up all my expensive face wash cream and shampoos although I bought her own tubes of face cream and bottle of shampoo. She too, like the Mizoram woman before her, tempted men by exposing her underwear, by pretending to scratch her back and chest and pulling the T-shirt all the way up, showing her bra. She did she "loved children" during the interview but here she did not even want to ask the kids if they are hungry. She gave milk to my small kids (5 year old twins) in cups that reeked of soap taste. She did many more bad things which will take several pages to describe. We decided to send her back and gave her a week's notice and even a copy of the Special Pass and the air ticket. At the airport, she refused to go (claiming we didn't pay her salary) and instead went to the agent who referred her to the MoM. Fortunately we kept clear records of salary payment.
MoM is getting the agent to send her back, but at my cost :(

My previous agent told me they have stopped recruiting Mizoram maids as they are too troublesome.

One other thing to note: the agent in Mizoram (Joseph Empolyment) is a very unscrupulous. She herself was an FDW in Singapore. Seems like she is giving all her maids bad advice.

Anyone thinking of hiring Mizoram maids, please think twice, thrice, or even thousand times before you actually hire one.
Oh dear... I had a mynmar maid currently. Yes find her cannot make it. But still telling myself it should b better than pinoy n indo, cos they are likely to be more innocent n hardworking.

They changed immediately after clearing loan, have off days n getting hp. Accompanied my maid to buy hp cos she asked me help. I anyhow pointed to a $498 hp, dun need to think n she says ok. Tell her Buy her own $6 sanitary pads, keep saying I must buy for her cos her ex employee bought as well. And they like to wear very short shorts n low cut tops. Pass her three quarter pants, say dun match her look some more. And complain everyday I dun give her wifi password. Made her spend a lot $ on top up phone card n say all maids she know are given wifi to use. Bullshit.! And they are not patient with kids at all. Will raise their voice n push them.

Seems that maids from mynmar are a big trouble now.

Hi All

Please beware of this maid from Mynmar, her name is : Lal Tlan Chhuaki, nickname Daphne

She was with me for 9 months and initial stage I keep my old Filipino maid for 3 weeks just to teach her the daily chores due to my slipped disc I could not band or squart. She was ok for about a month after my old maid left. As she need to fetch my kids to school and back from school, I guess she mixed with many maids at the school gate, all bad influence affects her work and nightmare started at home.

She almost burn down my kitchen, she doesn't clean the floor properly nor wash the laundry properly, lots of my clothes got stain by colors, I warn her to be more careful but whenever I went to spot check how she soak the clothes I always see all dark colors was mixed with color clothing and my bedsheet, she soak and wash immediately, all white laundry turn grey in colors.

When she done things wrong, I spoke to her she will turn away, no eye contact. And she often switch on my kids TV to watch, I warn her not to do it but she still does it. also make use of my home phone without permission.

From March onward, I started to look out for new maid biodata but in May she suddenly tell me she want to transfer, that was just after she finish her loan with the agent. I told her I will check with her agent, agent told me that since the loan period is over employer can decide if we want to let her transfer but employer will have to pay for her lodging up to 21days which will be like her one month salary. After discussing with my husband, we decide to just buy a ticket and send her home as that is cheaper than paying her lodging and anyway, she is not a good worker for the next employer.

We only let her know that she is going home on the day of her departure. She bagged to stay on but told her that her permit has been cancelled and we cannot do much.

After she left, I started to find out the things she done at home. My kitchen floor track was choke when I wash my kitchen, she was silent on it and did not let us know and after a week, we found my master room toilet choke, the floor track was full of hair which was not cleared and cause the choking, we spend over $100 getting plumper in to clear the choke, next I found she stole my conditioners and my husband facial scrub hidden in my bedsheets cupboard. When my new maid came in, she started to clear up the rooms and we found more surprises, she stole my whole family clothings, my son T's, my daughter new dress with tag, my husband singlet and shorts, and lots of my clothings and even brand new sports bra, all stuffed in 5 layers of plastic bag, my daughter brand new headphones, hair accessories and she also stole my facial lotion and stuff for skin and hidden under my MIL mattress etc...a few nights ago, my new maid told me while she clean up the storage stuff on top of the wardrope, she found 2 pair of sandal that belong to my hubby. she is a inhouse daylight robber!!

I thought I just want to post here and share just in case anyone of you bump into her biodata. Any idea how I could post it up in MOM website??

I got her from Bestmaid Agency at Lavendar.

Link of her bioddata : http://www.bestmaid.com.sg/listmaid.asp?id=121376#
I'm new and looking to hire a maid to look after baby. Just curious abt this girl who has been working with you for 9months, currently still considered as new maid at the agency?

Thanks for sharing such information
Oh dear... I had a mynmar maid currently. Yes find her cannot make it. But still telling myself it should b better than pinoy n indo, cos they are likely to be more innocent n hardworking.

They changed immediately after clearing loan, have off days n getting hp. Accompanied my maid to buy hp cos she asked me help. I anyhow pointed to a $498 hp, dun need to think n she says ok. Tell her Buy her own $6 sanitary pads, keep saying I must buy for her cos her ex employee bought as well. And they like to wear very short shorts n low cut tops. Pass her three quarter pants, say dun match her look some more. And complain everyday I dun give her wifi password. Made her spend a lot $ on top up phone card n say all maids she know are given wifi to use. Bullshit.! And they are not patient with kids at all. Will raise their voice n push them.

Seems that maids from mynmar are a big trouble now.

wow, sounds so scary. i have just employed my maid from Indonesia.. she has worked in sin for 2 years and returned to indo after the end of her 2 year contract.. we r still observing her. *fingers crossed*

Dear all,
This is third time I had employed Myanmar maid. First one being wif us for 4 years, in these 4 yrs, she steal, lies and did a lot of bad things. We always forgive her. That's y she can stay till 4 yrs, she decided to go back n get married.
Second employed for less then 3 months. E third day she cried n said dun wan to work wanna go hm. She gave us a lot of problems. Dun wanna work cried almost everyday. She was supposed to look after my sister but during her 3 months she didn't even take good care of her and can shout at my sister too.
Third one now already 1 month wif us. During these 1 month, she was good can take care of my sister well. But her attitude changed after her cousin came by n talk to her. The next day she told us she stomach ache cannot work ok we let her rest that day. The following days tokd us she cannot help to transfer my sister to her wheelchair cos her wound from her previous operation was pain. ( in e first pl her bio data didn't even said she had an operation be4 n somemore her was like 3 yrs ago that she had told us) then juz last Sunday she told us she don't wanna work. She said her agent in myanmar said they can change employer as they want... cannot stand all of them this maid we treat her sooo good her Birthday we celebrated for her she so happy that she cried... we bought her clothes, shoes and treat her like a family. End up just said 'i dun wanna work'. Please see her face beware if u r gg to get any maid soon. All maids are the same dun appreciate what we did for them think that they can anyhow change employer.

Sometimes I feel the issue is with the caliber of the people working at the maid agency rather than the maids themselves. Their processes may be sub-standard, customer service standards lacking in some areas, business model approach, etc.

MOM (Ministry of Manpower) has a portal where maid agencies are rated according to their transfer rate (percentage of maids placed by the agency who have transferred to 3 or more employers within 1 year) and their retention rate (percentage of maids placed by the agency who have stayed with the same employer for at least 1 year). It's extremely helpful since data from the government don't lie (my presumption at least).

Just type in the agency name without ticking anything else on the boxes (the link: https://services.mom.gov.sg/eadirectory/) and hit the Search button. You'll see the screenshot attached. Alternatively, you can do a search without any agency names and just tick all the boxes to see which agencies have very good ratings. We called the good ones and went to their offices until we found one that had reasonable fees and quality service (and good ratings of course!)

I don't go by ratings and reviews from a third-party sources / perspectives alone, though at times they offer some insight. When using NetMaid to source for maids, note the agency names and do a quick search on the MOM link, don't be surprised if some maid agencies were awarded demerit points by MOM. So if you still want to hire a particular maid but agency ratings aren't that good, its a risk you take.

Attachments

• JOY.PNG
    JOY.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 685
Hi, I'm thinking of hiring a maid to take care of my elderly father. Any advice on what I should take note of? Any good agency to recommend? This is the first time I'm hiring a maid. Should I get an Indonesian or Myanmarese? Hmm.... so many things to think...

@ladybird_hse

How I shortlist mine:
1) Experience or not - decided 2 go 4 fresh so we can train her 2 do d things d way we want We were concerned dat if she has experience, she may insist on doing things in manner dat may irritate us. Plus her job scope only requires her 2 do housework n cook

2) Married or Single - Since I was expecting her 2 b taking care of my DD, we decided 2 go 4 maid who r single, so dat they dont have hubby or kids prob

3) Myanmar or Indo - Since both DH & myself dont speak any of their language, we decided 2 take Myanmar

Of cos, it wasnt so ez... d 1st one I chose, she can wash d toilet sparkling clean, she doesnt like 2 cook. N she wears make up even thu we told her not 2... Fussy about food which was fine, but every time we asked her 2 prep 4 meals, she wld hide. Sent her back 2 agency n feedback So agency put her in a landed prop dat only does cleaning, but i was told later dat she got too stressed n had menses 4 straight 3 mths, so no choice was sent back.

2nd maid stayed wif me 4 1.5 yrs till her mom got sick n she felt dat she has earned enough, n decided 2 go back early.

3rd maid has been wif me 4 more den 2 yrs.

I guess getting a maid is like playing a game of fate. Sometimes, we just have 2 meet 1 dat is no gd but ended up having a really nice one. Who knows?

I gotten my maid from SLF(heard many bad stories about them) cos my ex colleague works there, i took a transfer maid ,due to not wanting to spend so much, This tranfer maid i saw on webpage(net maid) looks pleasant and coincedenatlly my ex colleauge works there, so i went to interview her. reason for transfer is that she cannot cope with 3 kids, and a granny is supervising her, was told she works in a bungalow.

she agrees to my job scope as its pretty easy, just housecleaning and look after a dog.

as time pass, she's getting super lazy, though she dare not argue me. she eats first without me eating, never ask whether i need lunch or dinner. always hide in the room. watch Youtube. She's a big eater (2 big bowl of rice is a must), i don't mind her eating but she's too lazy.

I complained to my friend, she told me all she can do is to charge my replacement maid (brand new ) for a transfer maid price, loan upfront still applies, she told me to buy an air ticket and send her off?! why should i be using my own money when she's so lazy and i didn't even wanna send home

I am in a dilema

@eliwang

Quite sure when u sign up wif d agency, there is some agreement on how many times u can request to replace d maid? While I m not sure if it applies 2 transfer maids, i m quite sure there is something written.

I have gotten my maid fr SLF too, thu i know d guy who used 2 wk there is no longer wif d co. Knew dat when I was trying 2 renew my maid's contract when it ended last yr. In d end, we did d renewal ourselves.

Hi, Ill like to know if its illegal to share agent fee when you transfer your maid directly to another employer? Cuz I am having a bad experience with a lady whom I transferred my helper to .

@Reenaa

If u have transferred d maid 2 someone else without d agent, den y is there an agent fee? If u r talking about d initial agent fee dat u have paid, den it's an agreement between u n d employer who have decided 2 take your helper.

Hi, there is no agent fee.. its just a sum agreed for the direct transfer... I mean if u take from agent u have to pay the SIP fee and agency fee and insurance and her loans which comes to 2k plus. And furthermore when you transfer the maid back to agency, u need to pay lodging and the agency takes 2 months loan from the maid. As mine was a good helper I decided to do a direct transfer to a potential employer who agreed to take her and pay me $400. It was mutually agreed. So was wondering if its illegal?

Such a cheat! Kept my ex helper knowing she did not want to work, complained day and night to me and finally din even want to pay!! N telling me she is the employer... If she Is den she should have handled her maid herself not bother me with all those nonsense.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 843
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 830
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 782
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 763
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 743
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 850
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 744
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 681
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 697
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 784
Dear all! I just sent my Myanmar maid home this morning. Her name is S from Pathein). I hired her from a maid agency at Bukit Timah Shopping centre. I am her third employer when I took her in August 2016. She worked 29 days with the 1st employer; 2nd employer 5 days; my house almost 11 months (08/08/16 to 28/06/17)! Prior to this trip, she was here for 6 months( 27/08/14-24/02/15) and another trip for 9 months (18/06/15-04/03/16). From her records, she never stayed with one employer for more than a year and still claimed that she is ex Singapore and command higher salary. She is 28 years old. She was ok before paying up her loan. After that, she asked for more than 1 off day per month and use of hp during working hours. Her English is not good but I could still bear with her. She told me that her agents in Yangoon taught her to keep changing employer so that salary will be up, up, up! Yesterday, she asked me to let her go to a new agency in Pasir Ris recommended by her friend because "salary more, off day more, can use hp". I brought her back to my agent and decided to send her back. She said she will go back to rest, kan tv, "holiday" and come back again to work in Singapore in 3 or 4 months time. She is the typical young Myanmar girl who only want to take the chance for a paid holiday in Singapore at our expense. Please beware of this girl if you are hiring. She said she will be back!

Hi mummies, i have been introduced to an online website, idealhelpers.com, i think is a relatively new website. I placed an ad for a caregiver and got to search for profiles of caregivers (not many profiles though) but I found one caregiver and contacted her free of charge, except I could not consider her application because she is not immediately available, however through our chats, she referred her friend who is also a filipino caregiver whom I interviewed and agreed to look after my father as a caregiver and we are sorting out her work permit now. My family is so glad that we didn't have to pay any fee. Maybe you should try this website if you are looking for maids.

Hi mummies, i have been introduced to an online website, idealhelpers.com, i think is a relatively new website. I placed an ad for a caregiver and got to search for profiles of caregivers (not many profiles though) but I found one caregiver and contacted her free of charge, except I could not consider her application because she is not immediately available, however through our chats, she referred her friend who is also a filipino caregiver whom I interviewed and agreed to look after my father as a caregiver and we are sorting out her work permit now. My family is so glad that we didn't have to pay any fee. Maybe you should try this website if you are looking for maids.

Thanks for sharing the link with us!!! It will help to save on agent/admin/transportation fees and the prepaid salary for the maid when everything works out.

So far is it difficult to apply for work permit? Does the maid come to SG from Philippines or transfer directly from SG household to your household?

I went to the site and viewed a few profiles. They are asking for very high salary, ranging $600 - $900. Quite unrealistic ;( But this is definitely good, hopefully more good quality maids sign up with the site.

I sent my myanmar maid a one way ticket it Feb. she is S

She was a trasnfer maid form MAID Search agency, with 2 employers before our household, never completed contract (worked 6 months and 9 months), claimed that one household not enough food, another household always go Malaysia and she needs to clean the other house.
She has been with me for ONE year and 9 months, and finally I cannot take it and sent her away.

first 6 months still ok. but after a while, take me for granted. When I am asleep she skive, when I check and tell her here and there not clean, she black face shake head and say I last time never check until so detail. Tell her I don't want to see her hp in the day, still take out!

The stupid thing I did was giving her wifi password, thinking that she can communicate with family and be a happy maid. But I was so wrong. Use hp until late at night, but day time yawn and yawn. I caught her feeding milk to my baby and she almost doze off. In the car also take out the phone use FB.

I caught her putting her panty into my washing machine!!!! I asked her and she said her other maid friend also do that.

I sent her to do simple grocery shopping like buying eggs or soya sauce or dog food. She came back with her own stuff as well and I don't mind her using some of my cabinet space and fridge space. But the incident that make me really mad was, I sent her to buy dog food ONLY (nothing else) in the afternoon, while baby asleep. The walking time from my place to supermarket is 10 minutes, so both way will take 20 minutes, plus buy and queue at cashier maybe another 20 minutes? But she took more than an hour to come back, best part is, she said NO STOCK for dog food. And she came back with her own stuff.

My blood still boils as I am typing this. She was gone in FEB so might come back after several months of spending all her money. Employer beware!

I sent my myanmar maid a one way ticket it Feb. she is Swe Swe Htike

She was a trasnfer maid form MAID Search agency, with 2 employers before our household, never completed contract (worked 6 months and 9 months), claimed that one household not enough food, another household always go Malaysia and she needs to clean the other house.
She has been with me for ONE year and 9 months, and finally I cannot take it and sent her away.

first 6 months still ok. but after a while, take me for granted. When I am asleep she skive, when I check and tell her here and there not clean, she black face shake head and say I last time never check until so detail. Tell her I don't want to see her hp in the day, still take out!

The stupid thing I did was giving her wifi password, thinking that she can communicate with family and be a happy maid. But I was so wrong. Use hp until late at night, but day time yawn and yawn. I caught her feeding milk to my baby and she almost doze off. In the car also take out the phone use FB.

I caught her putting her panty into my washing machine!!!! I asked her and she said her other maid friend also do that.

I sent her to do simple grocery shopping like buying eggs or soya sauce or dog food. She came back with her own stuff as well and I don't mind her using some of my cabinet space and fridge space. But the incident that make me really mad was, I sent her to buy dog food ONLY (nothing else) in the afternoon, while baby asleep. The walking time from my place to supermarket is 10 minutes, so both way will take 20 minutes, plus buy and queue at cashier maybe another 20 minutes? But she took more than an hour to come back, best part is, she said NO STOCK for dog food. And she came back with her own stuff.

My blood still boils as I am typing this. She was gone in FEB so might come back after several months of spending all her money. Employer beware!

Same same same. Mynmar maid really sucks!! Maid from this country got a very bad character.

I'm planing to send mine back. She also very lazy n never complete her daily tasks well. Plus she alone at Hm while kids go HM n us go work, no govt no need to work definitely. Full time on hp. Teach her cook, she only write one line on her notebook. Dun wish to learn at all.

Only know how to say I'm hungry, when she is given so much food already. Some more a big gossip. Dun take care of kids, listen to us talk n go out tell other maids.

One thing to note n not to discriminate shorties, maid whose height <1.45m, not so gd. 4 step ladder also not enuf.

$$ gonna fly again.

The problems havent ends here.. Due to "frequent change" of FDW, i hav problem to get another one

The 2 FDWs are the one asking for transfer, they dont want to work in my family, yet i hav to suffer

My hubby find it fishy why all these maids from this agent has same mentality, as if we are being used as stepping stone to bring in FDW and these FDWs, covered by my name of employment, can look for "better" or employers they like once they are in Singapore!

The laws are not protecting employers at all!

Hi Mommies,

When I about to hire the Myanmar maid I always check the review and some info in internet first. I had same experience as well and would like to share. I created the report at MOM and police case since she shouted me.

I’ve two helpers from Myanmar who are C (4 months) and xxxxx (1 month) since I’ve two children with 1.1 year and 1.5 months old respectively.

C, who is unacceptable, intolerant and disrespectful of her misbehaviour, attitude problem and irresponsible towards the job.

1. Abuse the co-worker verbally and emotionally
2. Behaviour and Attitude towards the job
3. Upload my Son picture and sharing internal affair at social media
4. Exchanging info or chit chatting with neighbour maids

1. Abuse the co-worker verbally and emotionally

1) She screamed at the second helper 3 times within two weeks.

a. First time was after 2 days of second helper arrival and in front of us (me and husband) due to opening of windows throughout the night and they blamed each other. We warned her not to do in future.

b. After 2 days, they argued again where one in living room and another in kitchen. she was shouting from the kitchen though I’m at home.

c. Third time was at my mother in law house at 22.2.19 and she yelled again to the second helper due to the bottle steamer.

2) Unwilling to help and share the workload with second helper. Except for the cooking and feeding the second baby, she refused to do anything else.

3) She was telling the second helper that other helpers which she knew went back hometown within 6 months without reimbursing back anything and able to leave. She asked whether second helper also would like to do so the same thing.

4) She mentioned to second helper that how her friends (other helpers) get treated well from employer and nothing much to do at home which indirectly pursuing second helper to quit the job or depress with wrong expectation.

5) She borrowed money and selling her stuff to second helper.

6) She doesn’t allowed second helper to rest although I myself owner allow to rest (sleep) when babies are sleeping, she asked her to work every hour at day time.

7) She doesn’t want to take care the 1 year old toddler and she told the second helper that taking care of the toddler is your job. When toddler wakes up, she pretend either busy or pick up the second baby for changing diaper. She doesn’t help the second helper when she needs help for the toddler showering or washing after pooping. However she asked the second helper to take care the 1 month old baby whenever she is free and during we are outside.

8) She pretended not to hear when I talked to her sometimes.

9) When I asked her to clean my room (twice a week), she said “lesson no 1”. I told her that I’ve nothing to give you lesson and all the jobs in this house is your tasks.

10) When she needs to talk to me, she don’t come up personally and talked from kitchen.

11) While I’m carrying the second baby and went clinic with her, she doesn’t offer to open the door and she sat down in car first.

12) When I discipline her, she tell me back each and everything reasons and she is right.

13) I called agent and agent warned her however her performance is worsen. She was unhappy about it and scolded the seconder helper why told the agent.

14) I asked her to work the way how I want, but she doesn’t listen and she do according how she wants to do. Example cleaning mattress and putting the mat.

2. Behaviour and Attitude

1) Misbehaving: We provided the wifi service and she used every day during working hours. We have to go to her to call out from room to work and it was repeating over again and again. She used till late night 1 am or 3 or 4 am as well. We therefore decided to cut it off and gave hourly basic however her performance was still the same. At last, we had to take out the internet access completely at all.

2) Poor performance: She claimed that she has not enough rest at my place. I delivered the second baby at 27 Dec, during November and December time, there were two helpers and she claimed that she has many things to do at home and not enough sleep. Me and my spouse woke up at night every single day to feed our first baby and they were not required to wake up. Once second baby is out, since I can’t handle both kids to feed at the same time, we requested to wake up at night alternately however I still wake up every night together with each helper. We asked them to write down on the book for every hour what they are doing so that we can help to sort it out but none of them write down what they do on each and every hour.

3) Disrespectful to employer and gave unhappy face everyday. When I approached her, she doesn’t response to me back either yes or no and kept quiet. Whenever she needed to talk to me, she asked second helper to talk to me. I asked her to speak to me directly and she never look at me and with hard tone voice to talk to employer.

4) She showed the wrong behaviour in front of my son to learn and taught wrong thing.

5) I’ve to wake her up at 7:00 am morning 5 times and she made loud noise intentionally during cooking in kitchen on that day.

6) She did not inform to me 2 days in advance for all the house items after consumed and informed me last min before cooking.

7) She lied to me and if she did wrong things, she claimed that it was the previous helper’s fault.

8) She did differently in front of me and behind. Example, she washed her clothes with washing machine at night 1:00 am after I slept and kept in dryer. Next day, she hang outside and dry up quickly before I woke up. I allowed to use the machine once a week however I’ve restricted to put underwear and sarong especially during her menses time but she put everything into machine. I’ve provided the separate food for them like bread, coffee and snacks etc however she cooked for herself extra meal (evening tea time) while we are outside and she was consuming our foods without asking employer permission.

9) Trying to equal the foot with employer. Example: I eat boil egg every morning and she also eats without employer permission.

3. Upload my Son picture and sharing internal affair at social media

1) Understand that she has uploaded my son picture at her facebook account without my permission and shared about our internal affair.

4. Exchanging info or chit chatting with neighbour maids

1) During evening walk within our condo and going supermarket, she was chit chatting with neighbour maids.

On the other side of the coin though, I used to have a maid from Myanmar quite some time ago, and she was a great fit with the family. Unfortunately she had to leave. Maybe I'm one of the luckier ones

Hi all, just to update, I am finally letting go of my Myanmar maid after 1 year.

I tried to talk to her about some issues but she told me not to talk to her, don't need to talk to her. She also pretends that she doesn't use HP during work hours and cry when we say she uses HP until I pointed out her public FB profile shows she replies her friends during working hours. Then she said she uses it a little bit, said everything is her fault, she wants us to change maid.

She so scary, she can lie blatantly to us and cry. Then when expose her lie, she immediately stop crying and start arguing.

Really very disappointed in her. I thought she's a very helpful maid but she has become so argumentative.

And about Sunday dressing, she dress until b trendy one... Make up Super Gao . But when come back she will change to something simple and take off all her make up. She like got 2 faces. And yes she more like come here for holiday than to work.

Why in the world would you want to police your helper's DRESSING on her off days? Are you employed? Does your employer monitor what what you wear on the weekends? It's not having 2 faces, it's HAVING A LIFE AND BEING A NORMAL HUMAN BEING.

Why in the world would you want to police your helper's DRESSING on her off days? Are you employed? Does your employer monitor what what you wear on the weekends? It's not having 2 faces, it's HAVING A LIFE AND BEING A NORMAL HUMAN BEING.

Hi,

I previously had a maid and lie to us that her mum is sick and wants to go back.

We have a maid who help us to take care of our baby girl 8 months old. She is lazy and always sleep in the afternoon and use facebook . But we give in to her as long as she take good care of our baby girl.

After 1 month, she wanted to go back saying she she do not want to work anymore in SG. She talk to agency and get a replacement. However, she regretted and cried saying she cannot bare to leave our daughter as she likes her. My wife believed in her and keep her instead.

3 months later, she told us that her mum is sick and need to go back.We trusted her and arranging for a replacement maid so that we can send her back. We told her we need some time to get the maid and she was impatience. She start to break my things purposely and make my daughter fall so that we can send her back immediately.

We have no choice but to send her back immediately while finding another maid. My Myanmar friend helped me to checked on her facebook and found out that she lied.

To all parents and family in Singapore, beware about this maid and don't bother to hire her as she will give you problem in your house than to help you. She is planning to come back again. Beware!!!

Good riddance to bad rubbish! Here's ending the year on a good note without this trashy helper.
Do take note as I believe she might try to come back to Singapore to work ...so sharing her details here...

Sent her back today and she was shouting and demanding why we didnt tell her earlier and demanded to be bought a luggage ...best is when packing her stuff it exceeded check in baggage limits by 10 kg...( about 30 over kg worth of clothes and stuff)- she even suggested to place her belongings at my security guard post so that her friends can pick it up- how bold and 'creative' right...( even storage facilities also have a fee lah...wah lau).
During her 9 month employment....her main tasks is to clean the house and preparing breakfast and dinners ...for a small family of 3- hubby , me and boy who goes to full day child care). Yet during her employment she
-Always always cannot get up on time....1 week she will oversleep at least 3-4 times...meaning either me or my hubby have to wake her up making us so tired....as we go to sleep later than her ( Her bedtime is usually 830-9pm as we take over our son and put him to sleep every night)...morning on wkdays she needs to get up at 6am to help us prep as my hubs needs to leave with my boy for childcare by 7am...in order to reach work on time...so because of her tardiness they are either often late for sch/ work or i need to be so stressed out and wake up subconsciously by 6am to check that she's up...
1f641.png
:(
She also has a very non teachable attitude and is very defensive whenever you correct her mistakes....she will argue and argue back whatever point you raise...An example...when you tell her that you've trained her to dry the front load washer and not overload the washing machine to prevent moisture/ it from spoiling etc...she will reply : Oh is it? Or when she serves you burnt food....you ask her why it's burnt she replies oh the video you showed me says 1 hr ( but i told her to tweak the timing as the size of the potato is different - she doesn't watch food as well when she cooks leading the food to be overcooked or water to boil over )- Her bio data rates her cooking as 5/5 ya hahahaha....big joke ya
Is a huge busybody....loves to interupt whenever hubs and I are talking and inserts her opinions in whenever it's not sought for....like when we buy clothes for my boy she'll go eeewl that's so ugly etc....basically no respect...
Lastly, due to her inability to get up in the mornings we imposed a time limit to her handphone hours ( so at night from 9-1030pm-Disclaimer: I hope people don't judge....as people from Home or whatever organisations might say its so inhumane etc to keep someone's phone)...blah blah BUT in any case whilst packing today i found out that she has a 2nd secret phone which is probably why she always oversleeps as she's always using her hp late into the night....and also explains y she's always taking so long in the toilet as well....( when i asked her today she again had another explanation : that she was helping her 'friend keep the phone')...
Another thing i also found out today was that she throws her undergarment - panties and bra together with my son's laundry- when she came i provided her with a scrub and pail and told her explicitly not to wash her undergarments in the washing machine ( we allow her to wash the rest of her clothes in the washing machine)- even I handwash my own undergarments....ARGH im feeling so disgusted i feel like getting a new washing machine
1f641.png
:(
So yup writing this post to warn potential future employers as she is looking to return to work here ( she has a wide network of friends here )..She's an ex SG mynammar maid so her spoken English is pretty good for Myanmmar so she might kind of easily do well in 'interviews' with potential employers...( thats one of the reasons i took her too since it was diff finding myanmmar helpers with gd English - as Im a FTWM and don't have time to train a fresh one)

Hi,

I previously had a maid and lie to us that her mum is sick and wants to go back.

We have a maid who help us to take care of our baby girl 8 months old. She is lazy and always sleep in the afternoon and use facebook . But we give in to her as long as she take good care of our baby girl.

After 1 month, she wanted to go back saying she she do not want to work anymore in SG. She talk to agency and get a replacement. However, she regretted and cried saying she cannot bare to leave our daughter as she likes her. My wife believed in her and keep her instead.

3 months later, she told us that her mum is sick and need to go back.We trusted her and arranging for a replacement maid so that we can send her back. We told her we need some time to get the maid and she was impatience. She start to break my things purposely and make my daughter fall so that we can send her back immediately.

We have no choice but to send her back immediately while finding another maid. My Myanmar friend helped me to checked on her facebook and found out that she lied.

To all parents and family in Singapore, beware about this maid and don't bother to hire her as she will give you problem in your house than to help you. She is planning to come back again. Beware!!!
OMG i think i saw this helper's profile when i was searching for a new maid to replace my current one....they are marketing her as ex SG with experience looking after kids and how patient she is and how she can cook etc
All these unscrupulous agents are all out just to earn $$

Have you written in to MOM to feedback about her? You can do that with the steps below.
This is so that bad maids are not recycled- if she wants to come back into Singapore, the potential employer whilst applying for her work permit will get a note that she has had 'feedback' and they can contact you for more information.
This works as I did it before with one of my lousy pinoy helpers too.

Just email to MOM @
[email protected]
Subject: FEEDBACK ON FDW CONDUCT
To include:
FDW's full name & WP number; and
Employer's full name, IC number, email & telephone contact.

Write your story & attach relevant doc or photo if any.

Volunteer to be contacted by prospective employers.

MOM will reply U within 3 working days by email reply or call if u have requested.

OMG i think i saw this helper's profile when i was searching for a new maid to replace my current one....they are marketing her as ex SG with experience looking after kids and how patient she is and how she can cook etc
All these unscrupulous agents are all out just to earn $$

Have you written in to MOM to feedback about her? You can do that with the steps below.
This is so that bad maids are not recycled- if she wants to come back into Singapore, the potential employer whilst applying for her work permit will get a note that she has had 'feedback' and they can contact you for more information.
This works as I did it before with one of my lousy pinoy helpers too.

Just email to MOM @
[email protected]
Subject: FEEDBACK ON FDW CONDUCT
To include:
FDW's full name & WP number; and
Employer's full name, IC number, email & telephone contact.

Write your story & attach relevant doc or photo if any.

Volunteer to be contacted by prospective employers.

MOM will reply U within 3 working days by email reply or call if u have requested.

Hi,

I have put a note in MOM. so far there are 5 person contacted me on her employment and all have rejected her application after my sharing of the past experience on her.

Thanks. I wll continue to answer call regards about her to warn others in case they suffer like me.

Happy New Year to all families. Stay healthy and safe.

Best Regards,

Write to MOM and leave a note and contact. I am sure the agency or others will call you for reference. I did that and stopped 5 employers so far as I do not want them to suffer what I have been thru previously.

Thanks
Yeah I've already done that and they've gotten back to me that they will put me as a 'reference' check for future employers...Us employers should band together to make sure that sucky myanmmar princess helpers like these people do not EVER return to Singapore! :( so angry man....when i think about how she took advantage of our kindness and generosity....seriously have this kinda ppl one???

Yeah I've already done that and they've gotten back to me that they will put me as a 'reference' check for future employers...Us employers should band together to make sure that sucky myanmmar princess helpers like these people do not EVER return to Singapore! :( so angry man....when i think about how she took advantage of our kindness and generosity....seriously have this kinda ppl one???

Yes I agree. Thats why I keep this post and reply. Want to make sure we employers are not tricked by them.

Back