BEDOK mommies club

Hi mummies, my son Hving test nw.. Me very stress nw.. Cos he quite weak in eng..
sad.gif

Hi mummies, I'm moving to bedok res view by yr end/ nx beg of the year.. Am searching for a cc to plc my girl in.. But it seems that I'd require sch bus svcs cuz all not nearby.. Any mummies using bus svc for ur child?

Also, have narrowed down a few schs, any comments abt them?
Kinder land @ safra tamps
Kidzpro @ tamps mart
CH @ bedok ctrl
CH @ bedok res
Blossom Edugroup @ Jalan limau purut near tanah Merah mrt

I haven't viewed the schs yet becuz I'm staying all the way west nw. I wan to consol everything n go visit in 1 day..

Hello Mommies

I am actually quite relax this year with my dd1 who is in Pri 1. Not much tests and homework and no exams
happy.gif
I let her study on her own if there are tests hence didn't stress myself ;p

Hi mummy, I m new here ..... moved to Bedok from west two years ago ..... Now SAHM, found it very sian ..... everyday the same busy with 3 kids ....
School Dec 2011 holidays coming, any program for young children ?

Hi

I am also staying near bedok area. I have a gal turning 3 in november. Wonder if any mummies are keen to arrange for play dates for our kids?

Forgot to check back in lolll..

Mamma mia, I'm following in ur footsteps, moving frm west to east bt prob next beginning of the yr.
happy.gif

Angel: I'm keen! But erm only can make it nx yr.. :p

3hr playschool. Nice environment. Children get to fly kite during outdoor play. No such environment in Singapore. Interested to find out more pls Pm me. Thanks
Near Lavender Mrt.

HI Mummies,
Long time since I last log in. Let have play date in the east area.

Buzz,
Nv too late to let ur girl start playgroup.

Jun,
Ur girl is so sociable. TT day she chat with me like we know me for years. She give everyone a cheerful and comfortable feeling. Makes people want to chat with her more.

Hi mummies,

Any plagroup/childcare at bedok reservoir to recommend for my 3 years old boy? Sunflower childcare at kaki bukit cc good? thanks in advance
happy.gif

Hi yawn

Which english dictionary did you get for your gals?
I am sourcing one for my gal but don't know which is suitable for primary school ...

Hi all,

new here as I move to east side and now my son study in Bedok Lutheran Church Kindergarten

Recently receive their notice said next year will skip lunch but only light snack for afternoon kid.. any of you still hv kid in afternoon class.. how you all feel about it..

winniebear

I've 2 at home. Times Chambers School Dictionary (blue cover) and Macmillan School Dictionary (red cover).

Both incomplete, as in some words not available in 1 dictionary, then I can check the other. And vice versa. So it's better to get at least 2 dictionaries.

Hi mummies

Does anyone have any feedback on "Frankel Tutors" at Kembangan Plaza? They conduct group tuition for upper pri to sec school students.

Thanks

hello mummies in the East,

its a been a big challenge to try and find a decent school in the East.
tempted to send my kiddo to Holy Grace cos of the emphasis in Mandarin. However, I do hear some ugly things about the school..Any comments from mummies?

Hi Yawn2

I signed up after pregnancy and I lost the kilos within 2-3 months. But also the fact that I went there almost 4 to 5 times before returning to work.

Thereafter I stopped because of health problems. Since then haven't go back

Hi Mummies,

I m new to this thread. I stay sk but put my girls at my in laws in Bedok. Any good childcare centre to recommend? My big princess is easily distracted so needs more attention from the teachers. Which childcare centre has better teacher:student ratio?

Thanks!

winniebear

Thanks for your feedback

How much did you pay for your package?

read somewhere it's $59/mth but when I enquired, they said $59/mth is for 2 years & above package with upfront payment.
For 3 months is $95/mth and they also mentioned above 1 year commitment is $75. all upfront payment although can pay by instalment using credit card

which one did you sign up for? upfront payment too? any other hidden cost?

Hmmm I can't remember much I paid about $75/month for 1 year. Yes there is the upfront fee which I am not too sure if included in the $75 or I paid separately. Getting old, can't remember much things these days. There are no other costs.

Hi Bedok mummies,
Any recommendation for good English enrichment or creative writting course for P1 & P4 or private tutor in Bedok?

Tade

Mummies! i just discovered this thread..! *woo hoo*
I am a sahm with 2 boys - 28 months old and 9 months old.

Just created a Facebook group called 'Playdates in the East' Do join the group if you are keen to have playdates for your preschoolers! :D

hello.....

I stayed in Bedok too...
My son is 5yrs old but still can't recognize English character that well...inexperiene with Mandarine so will be sending him to Chinese enrichment class soon.

hi EM,
Not sure if its too late to reply. My son went to Sunny Bunny Montessori at Bedok CC...3hrs class only

Hi, all mummies
I staying at Chai Chee Street. My son is 29mth this month( born Nov 09), like to ask if is it a must to send him to nursery next year?
Any good nursery (reasonable price) near Chai Chee St or Bedok North to recommend?
CCs in bedok all very long waiting lists, so i decided to quit my job n be SAHM to take care of him wef July 12. Currently he staying with my parents in Yishun while i'm working, everyday play toys, watch tv and also didn't attend any playgroup anymore ( only attend 1mth in Jan12) as my mum can't bear to see him cry loudly when leave him in the playgroup. Too pampered by grandparents already!!!

hi ohstrawberry

my son same age as you and i only started him at 'school' for 3 hours per week. (this week only 2nd lesson!)
i don't think it's a must to send him to nursery next year. I will only be sending him to daily classes from K1 onwards, and that is only if i get a school i really like. If not, i intend to homeschool him (with one morning class per week like now) till he goes to primary school.
everyday play toys is good mah!! though the tv part is not so good.... i also have problem with my in laws letting my son watch tv when they help to look after him occasionally.. : /

Notveryfatmum,
I also intend to homeschool my son if i can't find a ideal nursery by next yr. Think i need to do more research on how to go about doing it, now still no clue in how to get started.
Pls share with me your knowledge of homeschooling too.

hi all,
my son didnt go Pre-Nursery or N1 when he was 3yrs old...cos he was born in Dec...Cant get him in Pre-nursery.
Only went to N2 when he was 4yrs old...

Hi, Hazel
Thanks for sharing. In this case, your child will go Pri 1 when he's 7yrs old? I thought 6yrs old must go primary school. Sorry for my ignorance cause 1st time mum, pls correct me if I'm wrong.
I keep thinking our child born end of the yr quite lose out to those born earlier months in term of schooling. Like my son attending the enrichment class now, no choice have to put him in 2yrs old class with those born in 2010 when he supposed to be 3yrs old this yr. But i also worry if straight away put him in 3yrs old class, he can't catch up those older ones.
That's why now I thinking if to put him in pre-nursery or wait for 1 more yr.

Dear Mommies

Usually the school don't focus too much on academics for pre- nursery or nursery children, the main focus is on motor and social skills. My main purpose to let my children attend nursey is for them to interact with children of same age.
Hence I am against homeschooling as deprive the child from mixing around with peers of same age.

Lee Tai, I can see where u are coming from about your concern about homeschooling, it's a very common misperception. My kid does have many peers to play with.. neighbours' children.. mummy's friends etc. EG i know of many mummies who send their kids to school, but in the end, they look for playmates for playdates thru facebook etc.. how come they don't just meet up with the kid's classmates and their parents?? *scratch head*

but it's VERY good if your kid's school doesn't focus on academics. I am very against teaching academic stuff to young children. That's the main reason why I am against sending to school.. i scared they make my child dislike school and dislike studying : /

ohstrawberry, if u do homeschool in the end, our boys can definitely have playdates! : )

Hi Notveryfatmum

That's why I like my children kindergarten, no stress on children & parents
happy.gif
There isn't homework from pre-nursery to K1, and hardly any for K2 as well. The most is only spelling from term 3 of K1 and chinese spelling from K2. Thus my children enjoying going to the school.
happy.gif

ohstrawberry,

P1 is from 7yrs old in sG.
Its sort of "lose out" as I cant enroll him in Pre-nursery as the school is quite strict on the age....think the min age is 3yrs old/36mths
My son only reached 3yrs old in Dec 2010.
By right, Yr 2010 shld be Pre-nursery
Yr 2011 is Nursery
Yr 2012 is K1
Yr 2013 is K2

However, he only reached 3yrs old end 2010. So he cant attend Pre-nursery.
Hence, he attended Nursery in Yr 2011 when he just reached 3yrs old.

Nevertheless, I can let him enroll Pre-Nursery in mid 2010 if I really want to...Just that my MIL feels that he's still too young. So we waited till Yr 2011.

My pattern is to let him interact with more kids...There's no homework in Nursery class
As for K1, the homework started during the Term 1 holiday. Just write "one, two, three"
Thereafer is homework every two weeks on writing the number in words.

I want him to enjoy himself...So once a while, I will send him to those kids class such as baking class....N most importanty...interaction with kids which he really lacks

Thanks Hazel. Now i have a better understanding.
Both LeeTau and notveryfatmum have their points. Now i got to decide if to homeschool my son or go school for nursey next year. These few days he get cranky when i asked him to do art activities with me, worried he dun listen to me if i homeschool him... Haizzzz.... Difficult decision for me....

Its really a habit kind of thing...Or momentum...

My son always negotiate with me when I asked him to do revision....
And his revision is less than 15mins for either one English word or one Chinese word.

However, sometimes 5mins is better than nothing....

On average last week, he only revise with me 3 times per week under good conditions...

ohstrawberry

my dd1 only attended k1 & k2. dd2 attended half a year of N2, break for half year then resume k1 & k2. They have those once a week kind of enrichments since 3 years old so I don't have to invent my own material, just have to revise at home

hi ohstrawberry and notveryfatmum, i also have a 28mths old.
happy.gif
though think by now your children already 30mths old. my hb is a sahd. would join your playmate group.

I also intend to homeschool. hb set up a montessori corner and we've been doing flashcard with him. thinking of starting phonic so looking around for a good programme to use at home.

my friend who stays nearby said she liked kinderland@siglap. intend to put her 18mth old the, MFS @Blk 503 very new and looks not bad also. but think forever full. i've been on the waiting list since my son was 3mths old. :p

hi Bedok mummies, i just happened to chance upon this thread. i am staying at bedok north area with 2 kids - 3 1/2 yrs and 2 yrs. Just wondering if anyone would be keen to get together for a playdate.
happy.gif

notveryfatmummy> my son went for glenn doman's gymademics for 12 weeks. and my hb (who is a SAHD), learnt some interesting ways to do flashcards with him. not the very usual type. haha. and my son also does flashcards with his soft toys. think that is the main motivation. I am also very surprised to see him sit down, take out the cards and wait for daddy to come. :p

on CCCS> went to blk 424's sparkletots to register but also waiting list. sighz.
anyone has feedback on sunflower at kaki bukit cc?

xin

There is a brand new sparkletots at blk 115 bedok north, fyi in case you're interested

I don't have any feedback on that childcare center though. My kids are way too big for childcare, hehe

Hi ion,
You can try Kidslink Clinic @ Blk 136,Bedok North Ave 3.

Hi Xin,
Currently my boy is in Sunflower. So far the teachers there are caring and my boy enjoys going to school.

Back