Bad OSCAR Results

Louise Ng

I'm pregnant with my first baby. Did OSCAR test on week 13 and the result as follows ;

Trisomy 21 risk - 1 in 4
NT - 4.4mm
The rest normal.

I am devastated and this caused my world to turn upside down.

Is there any other mummies out there who experienced similar OSCAR result but the baby turns out to be healthy? I am really worried.

Thank you

Hi Louise

Did you go for Harmony Test?
It is a blood test which I gotten for 2nd opinion when my OSCAR test result is not good.
Hope this helps.

Hi Louise,

Did you go for Panorama test or Amnio test? I just get my OSCAR result yesterday,
Trisomy 21 risk - 1 in 7
NT - 4.0mm

Was worried and not sure what should i do.

Hi Louise,

Did you go for Panorama test or Amnio test? I just get my OSCAR result yesterday,
Trisomy 21 risk - 1 in 7
NT - 4.0mm

Was worried and not sure what should i do.
Hi Impei

Hope you manage to do the Panorama test 1st.. if results come back to be high probability then go for Amnio test?

Hugs.. I can understand how u feel.

Hi Louise,

I know your feeling as my wife age 35 oscar result almost the same only nt is 2,4mm. My wife go for harmony test coming back all good result.

My Oscar result was bad too. They cannot detect my baby nasal bone. I went for harmony test and the result was good. So dun worry jus go for harmony test to double confirm

I'm pregnant with my first baby. Did OSCAR test on week 13 and the result as follows ;

Trisomy 21 risk - 1 in 4
NT - 4.4mm
The rest normal.

I am devastated and this caused my world to turn upside down.

Is there any other mummies out there who experienced similar OSCAR result but the baby turns out to be healthy? I am really worried.

Thank you
Hi Louise, May I know how's things now?
I did my Oscar scan today too, NT 3.2mm, no nasal bone detected so it made my Trisomy 21 results 1:2 and I would like to know what is the next step because doctor suggested amnio too.

You might want to get a second opinion. I was in a similar situation where my NT was 7mm and above. My Trisomy 21 result was 1:4. However, it didnt end well for me as my baby had no heart beat around week 18. Stay strong! I understand that it is a rough situation to be in, I hope you will find strength and faith while trying to cope with the bad news.

Back