Bad nanny/babysitter experience

Dear fellow parents,

Please be aware when engaging nanny.

I just terminate my service with her after a mere few months. She is very scheming, calculative and lazy.

After the first month, everyday when we fetch our child, she will nag at us and scold the baby in front of us, saying the baby dun want sleep and cause her no time to watch tv ( isn't her job to look after baby?)

She also insist that the baby must be collected by 7pm, even though we left the baby at 8am and the agreement was for 12 hours care.

What's more, the baby was found with rashes and was not cleaned or bath properly everyday. Baby also wake up in fright every night crying.

We asked her to apply cream on the rashes, she objected saying she dun do such stuff.

Final straw was that when we ask her about the rashes, she shouted at us and say she dun know anything and then keep scolding us saying we are lousy parents and that she is doing a favor for us ( though she charged 750 per mth ).

Please be warned and dun be silly like us to be duped by unscrupulous middleman, who insisted we take her immediately

Last edited:

lovebear

I think I know who the nanny is! You should file a police report for the bruises and pinch marks. It's ridiculous to treat a defenseless child this way.

Skiasia

ya... agreed
concerned parent ,you should consider file police report
Hope no post trauma for the bb.
maybe can write in to CASE to report the agent.

onsansg

Hi, my fren's mother also in punggol,stay near punggol plaza at blk 172, i think has been nanny for 30years..if keen, i can give you her daughter handphone number..no agent..you then go up to her house to evaluate and ask questions for better decision.

onsansg

Hi, please pm me your hp no to watsapp contact of my fren's mother and her mother's number to you..not so nice to publish their number online here..

Hi, my fren's mother also in punggol,stay near punggol plaza at blk 172, i think has been nanny for 30years..if keen, i can give you her daughter handphone number..no agent..you then go up to her house to evaluate and ask questions for better decision.
Thank you! As of now, still uneasy over sending bb to nanny after that super scary experience. I agree no agents, they anyhow intro nanny without screening and only want your commission...

onsansg

When you interview a nanny, ask nanny to show you how she change diaper for your bb, or make a bottle of milk or food ask her to feed on the spot so you can gauge if her method you are ok with..these are some tips i can think of as an employer to find a potential nanny for a child..

Last edited:

lolita9

Coward! Why dont you state the exact name and address if its true. Are you sure you all didnt have an agreed stated time that? I suggest that you should really make a police report to get yourself compensated if its real. Using the power of internet to ruin the person name Is low class. We are in Singapore and probably the caregiver is depending on the money earn for the family please dont be selfish and do this kind of low class act, it only reflects what kind of person you are and at the same time unintentionally create a false sense of danger to those new mums-to-be. Low class act of anger. I think you better close the thread if you are rational

lolita9

FYI quoted from : http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/search/display/view.w3p;ident=4ab4c57c-68cb-41ab-970f-5e577d481104;query=DocId:025e7646-947b-462c-b557-60aa55dc7b42 Depth:0;rec=0

Statements conducing to public mischief
505. Whoever makes, publishes or circulates any statement, rumour or report in written, electronic or other media —
(a)
with intent to cause, or which is likely to cause any officer or serviceman in the Singapore Armed Forces or any visiting forces lawfully present in Singapore, or any person to whom section 140B refers, to mutiny or otherwise disregard or fail in his duty as such;
(b)
with intent to cause, or which is likely to cause, fear or alarm to the public, or to any section of the public, whereby any person may be induced to commit an offence against the State or against the public tranquillity; or
(c)
with intent to incite, or which is likely to incite, any class or community of persons to commit any offence against any other class or community of persons,
shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 3 years, or with fine, or with both.
[51/2007]
Exception.—It does not amount to an offence within the meaning of this section, when the person making, publishing or circulating any such statement, rumour or report in written, electronic or other media has reasonable grounds for believing that such statement, rumour or report is true and makes, publishes or circulates it without any such intent as aforesaid.

lolita9

Criminal intimidation by an anonymous communication
507. Whoever commits the offence of criminal intimidation by an anonymous communication, or by having taken precautions to conceal the name or abode of the person from whom the threat comes, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, in addition to the punishment provided for the offence by section 506.

I suggest that you take sometime to read on the seriousness of the offence. Ignorance doesn't not mean your are not guilty. Why give yourself unnecessary trouble? Just make a report, i'm sure the police will do the job.

Cathleenxc

Hi,

I’m looking for a babysitter at Punggol. Would you mind to share the contact?
Thank you!