Bad confinement Nanny Annie Chee

Daisymummy

I as a new mum had a really bad experience with a confinement nanny Annie Chee who claim to have more than 15 years of experience in taking care of baby. She is from Melaka. Please do no attempt to use the Nanny. You will be regretted. Now only I have time to post this thread, hopefully can help new parents out there. We got her contact from Facebook, FYI she work as freelance nanny, this would mean that she can claim herself to have much experience and etc.

HONESTY
As a new mum who was recovering from birth and in sleepless day and night due to pumping milk. I gave trust to the Nanny to take care of my son. In the early week, we have noticed a lot of problem and this nanny don’t admit on her fault.

Responsibility
She is an irresponsible person.

Poor bath Techniques
The confinement Nanny Annie Chee does not have good experience in bathing baby as well.

Wrong Meals Preparation
on the preparation of confinement meals, she has no experience at all. She go and buy those very cooling herbs as the soup ingredient.

Poor baby Feeding Skills
my baby was also having vomit and colic issue. We then realised that she didn’t not burp him when she feed baby in the room without our surveillance.

covid reason
As this is a COVID period and not easy to get a new nanny. we have no choice but to allow her to finish the 28 days contracts. ( we regret that we didn’t take action immediately, and was only told by our maid later on what she has did to my son during the 28 days)

Lazy
Always chit chat loudly in the room with closed door. Don’t care even if baby was crying
Rest few hours in the evening, keep on whatapps in the kitchen. Then keep complain busy ah today, no time finish the work and etc. Never hand wash baby clothes. Spoilt all my baby shirts due to machine high heat wash.

More negative stories
We have found out more things after her departure through tour cctv, this make my husband and I very sad as we treat the Nanny very very well. We decide to take action of posting this to ensure no more victim of her in Our beloved Singapore/Malaysia region .

There are more stories for the bad confinement Nanny Auntie Annie Chee but I think I just keep it short. And wish all the new parent don’t be a victim of her.

Below is the her contact that I can find on fb group. ( do not contact 86490710)

please don’t try to contact her.

9BFB5613-669B-4C33-8B93-9ABC2DCFBBEE.jpeg

919265C1-3DCC-44AD-AFD5-BBC40A00595C.jpeg
5F7BD752-23D9-451A-9256-EAF82155EC7D.jpeg

Last edited:

I as a new mum had a really bad experience with a confinement nanny Annie Chee who claim to have more than 15 years of experience in taking care of baby. She is from Melaka. Please do no attempt to use the Nanny. You will be regretted. Now only I have time to post this thread, hopefully can help new parents out there. We got her contact from Facebook, FYI she work as freelance nanny, this would mean that she can claim herself to have much experience and etc.

HONESTY
As a new mum who was recovering from birth and in sleepless day and night due to pumping milk. I gave trust to the Nanny to take care of my son. In the early week, we have noticed a lot of problem and this nanny don’t admit on her fault.

Responsibility
She is an irresponsible person.

Poor bath Techniques
The confinement Nanny Annie Chee does not have good experience in bathing baby as well.

Wrong Meals Preparation
on the preparation of confinement meals, she has no experience at all. She go and buy those very cooling herbs as the soup ingredient.

Poor baby Feeding Skills
my baby was also having vomit and colic issue. We then realised that she didn’t not burp him when she feed baby in the room without our surveillance.

covid reason
As this is a COVID period and not easy to get a new nanny. we have no choice but to allow her to finish the 28 days contracts. ( we regret that we didn’t take action immediately, and was only told by our maid later on what she has did to my son during the 28 days)

Lazy
Always chit chat loudly in the room with closed door. Don’t care even if baby was crying
Rest few hours in the evening, keep on whatapps in the kitchen. Then keep complain busy ah today, no time finish the work and etc. Never hand wash baby clothes. Spoilt all my baby shirts due to machine high heat wash.

More negative stories
We have found out more things after her departure through tour cctv, this make my husband and I very sad as we treat the Nanny very very well. We decide to take action of posting this to ensure no more victim of her in Our beloved Singapore/Malaysia region .

There are more stories for the bad confinement Nanny Auntie Annie Chee but I think I just keep it short. And wish all the new parent don’t be a victim of her.

Below is the her contact that I can find on fb group. ( do not contact 86490710)

please don’t try to contact her.

View attachment 728851
View attachment 728852View attachment 728853
Sorry to hear of your bad experience, Daisy. I had unpleasant experience with freelance nanny from Facebook too after my first pregnancy 2 years ago. Never again! Decided to hire nanny from an agency for my second child. Just finished confinement not long ago and can really feel the difference.

This time I was recommended Auntie Brenda from Confinement Angels by a friend. She was capable, well-organised and managed all her tasks like housework and cooking efficiently. What stood out most for me was how she systematically maintained a feeding and nappy change log for our newborn, and proactively increased the feeding frequency in the early stages to effectively manage jaundice.

Maybe u can consider using agency in future and experience the difference too. Hugs~

I am also a new mum and also recently had extremely traumatic experience with a freelance confinement nanny by the name of Lock Choon Hee, known as “Ah Xi Aunty”. She is from JB. I got her contact from my mother-in-law who got her contact from her friend. I initially hired her for 40 days and in end shorten her duration to 27 days. She also charge $3300 for 28 days and tell me to declare a lower wage in her work permit application. I declined and told her unless she charge me the lower amount otherwise if I declare lower amount, I am making false declaration to Ministry of Manpower which is illegal! Her contact number is +60-135265310.

We treat our nanny well, provide her wifi, nice comfy bed and a room to herself and accede to all her requests like buying additional items in the kitchen to facilitate her cooking etc. and allow her to go out run her personal errands. We also bought a lot of ingredients where we told her she can cook for herself as well. But she usually don’t cook separate dish for herself. I believe that’s why she cook many non-confinement dishes because the confinement food is heaty and she doesn’t want to cook separately for herself and will always eat the same food she prepared for me. However, below are instances of how horrible she behaves!

Dear mummies, please do your due diligence to verify the truth. As what’s written below is purely my personal traumatic experience with a nanny that I’ve employed as a new mummy! I don’t know if she behaves like that for other mummies but what’s written here are exactly what I’ve experienced!

**Lazy and Busy on mobile**
The Confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty arrive late on first day of work despite us telling her to reach by 2pm and she agreed! However, when its 3pm and she didn’t come, I call her and she said its raining and she cannot come and eventually reach my place at 5pm instead. We just accept and move on as long as she did arrive at my house! She is very chatty and gave my parents and in laws very good impression of her despite her being late. Next day, she says my pots and pans are not suitable for her to cook. She said my frying pans are heavy. She needed pressure cooker and also electric airpot for hot water. My hubby got her a pressure cooker, a light weight frying pan and electric airpot for hot water dispensing.

We noticed she always uses her mobile everywhere she goes in the house, in kitchen and in toilet and of course in her room with closed door! She asked to connect to my wifi on her first day of work and I did as I think its fine. However I noticed she was extremely busy with her hp and we decided to switch off the wifi at midnight and on it only at 8 plus am when she wakes up! She confronts me the next day regarding my switching off the wifi and said she no more wifi and she cannot do her business from midnight! I said I thought you are supposed to sleep and take care of baby at night time. She replied me saying, “Aunty do many big business in Malaysia, and I sell brown rice and kueh etc. so many customers still contact me at night time etc.” I told my hubby about this and he asked her if she needed us to on wifi for 24 hours. She replied to him, “No need”.

**Poor Bath Techniques**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty doesn’t seem to have good experience in bathing baby. I hear my newborn screaming and wailing each time she bathe him. I noticed she bathe him for 15 minutes every shower time and she told me she need to give the newborn “play water”. I spoke to her that I attended a course from hospital that newborn shower is quick, which takes 5 minutes or so and there is no need to give new born “play water”. She retorted me, “Wah shower in 5 minutes, you show me how to shower baby in 5 minutes? I was shocked by her response! I believe after her showering him for close to a month, my baby was frightened as we see he always tremble in fear. To date when we shower him each time, he cries and clench his fist each time. At that time nanny even ask me if I was frightened when I was pregnant because baby always tremble! I reply her I wasn’t frightened during pregnancy. Now recalling this part, nanny seems to always inform me of the baby trembling in the initial phase because probably she contributed to the frightened effect on my baby!

**Unhygienic Meals Preparation and Lousy Attitude**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty wakes up at 8 plus am whenever my hubby goes to work and same timing occasionally on weekends when my hubby is at home. Normally she wakes up earlier on weekends when my hubby is around. Nanny goes to sleep at 10plus pm and close her door. She spends less than 30 minutes to prepare ingredients and cook each time. The first 2 weeks of confinement, she said I need to eat healthy food, cannot cook food with sesame oil or rice wine. Also, my hubby bought eu ren san package and nanny kept complaining this is no good because no daily soup pack for 28 days. I told her, my hubby already bought the package, please just cook the soup accordingly. She complains for many days. She ask my mil to buy cooling vegetable which normally confinement time will not eat.

She also ask my aunty to buy her black bean sauce to cook fish. She use my fridge oyster sauce almost finish by the end of my confinement as well as my mushroom powder and all other seasonings she can find in the fridge. Not that she cannot use the seasonings but I was told usually confinement meals are cooked with sesame oil and ginger strips and rice wine but nanny always use alot of seasonings to cook my meals despite saying she cooks healthy meals.

Her double boiled soup has very strong alcohol smell. I ask her if she boil the soup as normally alcohol will evaporate upon cooking and should not have a very strong dom smell and she responded, “Oh, I boil the soup and then pour DOM into it? I believe she doesn’t know how to boil chicken with DOM soup.

I saw her cutting ginger for preparing ginger strips dish. The ginger looks like spoilt and she still tries to cut it for preparing my food. I told her to discard and use others because we bought 3kg of ginger and I can see she doesn’t want to use the good ones. She always put the balance ginger at the wash basin area near the soap despite me telling her not to do it as anyone careless may drip the detergent into the ginger.

She also always put the frozen food into the wash basin without putting on a plate and I told her not to do it in case anyone use the basin and wash hands or detergent, it will seep into the frozen food. She refused to listen either!

**Spoilt Fruit and Expired Food**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty also serve me spoilt kiwi one time. She is very lazy and cut the kiwi in half with skin on and close it back. I open it to eat and to my surprise, I saw it is spoilt. And then suddenly I heard her behind me asking, “Hey, its spoilt leh, did you eat?” I replied, “Aunty, why do you serve me a spoilt kiwi?” She replied, “Aunty never wear spectacles.” I asked, “Why do you close the kiwi you cut?” She replied, “Aunty give you a chance to exercise your fingers.” I was indeed speechless again with her response! When my gardenia bread expired, we wanted to throw away, she said can put in fridge and she can fry egg bread for breakfast and is still edible. And she still serves me the bread for breakfast the next day.

**Strange Red Date Tea Preparation**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty’s red date tea is always diluted. I thought this is the norm until my family and friends came to visit me, they tried the red date tea and also commented that the red date tea was very diluted. We bought a lot of red dates and longan but aunty always make diluted red date tea for me to drink for the confinement. One time, I noticed the red date tea was sour. I asked her and she drank she said no. Another time, the red date tea is salty. I told my hubby and he tasted and agree is indeed salty. He ask the nanny to drink and to re-cook a new pot. Nanny was funny, she went to the pot to scoop a cup to drink and said is not salty. My hubby tried the tea and said it is salty. And nanny drink took a sip from my cup and say oh ya, my cup of red date tea is salty. The next morning when my hubby goes to work, she repeat this topic and say to me, “I wonder how you make magic to the cup of red date tea yesterday and turn it salty.” I was speechless and I said, “It was salty.”

Another instance I happened to go into kitchen and witness her pouring red date tea from one pot to my rice cooker pot to keep warm and she accidentally drop the table cloth into the whole pot of red date tea. She suddenly got frightened and asked me if I need to monitor what she does in the kitchen! I told her, “Aunty, I need to learn how you made red date tea etc and you drop the dirty table cloth inside the pot. Please remake a new pot!” I believe she never did as she don’t want me to be in the kitchen and even lock my kitchen door thereafter. I believe the table cloth is dirty because I provided relatively new table cloths for use and my table cloth change colour in less than 27 days after she use it. I saw her on multiple occasions she use my table cloth to even wipe the kitchen floor, wipe cutlery and cooking utensils and pots and pans!

**Dirty herbal bath water**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty prepares my shower water and always gives me half a pail of boiled herbal water which is insufficient for me to wipe my body and the delivery wound. I told her nicely to give me more water. She says its too heavy for her to pour the water into the pail. I suggested to her, she can cook a big pot of herbal water and scoop it into the pail. She said my big pot is very heavy. So I told her, alternatively you can boil the herbal water twice in small pot. She responded to me, “The pot is very heavy, why don’t you carry it yourself?” I was pissed off and responded to her, “If I carry it myself, why do I employ you for?” After this incident, my herbal water often had “extra ingredients” in it. Its always have some dirty small things floating in it. One time, she highlighted to me, “I show you the lemongrass when added to your herbal pack its oily, not aunty add oil huh?” I can see it’s oily and I also know that lemongrass isn’t oily because I every boiled lemongrass water and it’s never oily! So I think she knows the water was oily so highlight first that it isn’t her doing. I believe she use oily pots to boil the lemongrass water to add to the herbal pack.

**Oily Kitchen and Poor Cleanliness**
The pots and pans that the confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty’s used are always oily and never clean. She probably spent too much time on her hp instead of focusing to wash my pots, pans and utensils clean. Also, she said my mop is weird, despite her mopping 3x, the kitchen floor is still oily! That’s why she also prepared slippers to wear to walk around in the house! My hubby told her he will mop the floor himself and its always never oily after he mopped the floor. One time she told me to get her a floor wiper with disposable wipes and I told my hubby to get it for her. In the end, she use the same disposable wipe to wipe kitchen, living room and bedroom. This ended with my hubby needing to mop all the floors again.

**Poor Laundry Techniques**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty used to leave the common toilet door open whenever she hand wash my baby clothes and her clothes despite I told her she can use the washing machine. Ever since I saw her using the laundry brush to scrub the dirty floor mats and I told her to use new scrub I passed to her to scrub baby clothes, she close the door every time she does her laundry. I also noticed she washes her clothes with baby clothes so that’s why every time baby cries, when she carries baby stop crying immediately! She uses my washing machine to spin dry her clothes and my baby clothes too!

One day she ask my hubby for more mittens and booties! We ask her why she said it’s lost. I counted my mittens and botties and realized indeed she lost 3 pairs of it despite we prepared 8 pairs. Also I saw the way she hang my baby’s laundry and hang out to dry, it’s a very lazy way and if wind blows, it will easily drop off! In fact some of my baby’s wash cloths are missing too. She also commented my baby clothes are too big and she needed white thread to sew the tops smaller. We provided her the white thread and I saw she sew a few tops and use the white thread to sew ribbons for little girls at her free time. And she kept the whole roll of white thread when she left and I forgotten to ask her for it too. She even ask my auntie to buy her nice printed cloth for baby to hand sew pillow case for my baby. Thankfully my auntie did not oblige otherwise I think she probably wanted us to provide her free thread and cloths for her sewing to sell her items to others!

**Very Kaypoh**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty saw that I engage a masseur during the second week of my confinement and she came into my room for the first 3 sessions of my massage sessions to ask stupid questions and watch the masseur do the massage for me.

On the first session, she carried my baby into my room to feed him when we started the massage session. She stood there to watch. I told her to go outside to feed baby since its feeding time and chase her out of the room.

On my second session, she came into the room to ask me which basin to use for washing my clothes. I told her to use whatever basin that she can find in the toilet! She ask me if she can scrub my clothes. I told her to use detergent to soak my clothes then put into washing machine to wash! She was saying why cannot soak in washing machine etc while she continues to watch how the masseur does my massage. In the end, I told her, “Aunty, please go out and you don’t need to wash my clothes!” For laundry of my clothes, before engaging her, she said she will wash mummy’s clothes and from first week of confinement until my massage session on the second week, she has never wash my clothes from day 1 and my hubby was the one doing all my laundry.

On my third session, she comes into my room again to ask me what menu I want to eat for lunch that day and the lunch timing. I told her she can decide what she wants to cook with the available ingredients and to please prepare my lunch by 1pm and ask her to go out. In the end she still went into my room to ask me what time will I be done with my massage? My masseur reply her we are almost done. Then she goes out again.

I was very pissed again and on my fourth session I told my masseur to lock the door after she prepared the cream for my tummy wrap etc. And subsequently the nanny also comment, “I lock the door so she cannot go in.” I can’t be bothered to reply her! It’s obvious from the 3 occasions that her intention is to watch the masseur massage!

**Fake Fengshui Guru**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty says she knows fengshui and move my furniture in her room without consulting us. She said her bed facing, she sleeps on it will have headache and she move my baby cot and the movable drawers to her favourable position for my baby! The bed is heavy so she can’t move it herself. I told my hubby about this and he ask her why does she need to shift the furniture when he is out and not inform him and ask her if she wants us to shift her bed to her favourable position. Nanny just kept quiet and said no need.

When my hubby is out at work, nanny will tell me my stove area where we use the aluminum oil splash guard to protect oil splatter from cooking etc. will cause my hubby and me to quarrel. Indeed she sometimes purposely said something to cause my hubby to quarrel with me and I can see that she feels happy about it and will fakely come and console me afterwards because I usually walk away when my hubby starts quarreling infront of nanny. My hubby cool down and think through then discuss with me saying he also felt that she purposely make us quarrel.

Nanny also always tell me she strike a lot of 4D winnings in her last mommy’s house as that happened to be her favourable direction. But my house she only win small 4D winning. I think she probably say this to tell me my house is not lucky for her as she didn’t get big 4D winnings! Well, actually if she has so many winnings, I wonder why she need to work as confinement nanny. Probably because if she is lucky to meet new mummy like me, her job is easy as she is very lazy and spends a lot of her time doing her personal things while earning an average of S$120 per day doing minimal work of cooking for me and taking care of my baby.

**Twisted Words**
The confinement Nanny Ah Xi Aunty tells my parents, in-laws and aunties that she makes very good kueh and glutinous rice because she sells them in JB and is always sold out. She can do breast massage and tummy wrap for me too! However, when she talks to me, she tells me she can help do kueh and glutinous rice for my baby’s full month and pay her extra $150 for it. She also reminds me that she can do breast massage at extra $150 and tummy wrap at extra $100 for me for a month after she saw I engage a masseur. I told her is not necessary as my masseur included breast massage for me in her massage and also taught me how to do tummy wrap and slim further after completion of her massage sessions. This behavior tells me she just wants to earn extra quick money for herself in addition to the S$3,300 that we are paying for her wages. This is just one example and there are many others which I did not state here.

Last but not least, sorry for the extremely long post but just sharing how my unbearable confinement nanny of 27 days. I didn’t ask her to go after the first few days as my parents and aunties told me to bear with her as I had no one to look after my newborn if I were to ask her to go! Also I had delivery complications and I am required to visit gynae for 5 follow up checks in my first 2 weeks of confinement. Glad that I didn’t need to see a psychiatrist after my confinement for postnatal depression!

Back