<b>(2010) Positive OPK for consecutive days</b>

yummyme

Hi,

wonder if anyone can help me.
I'm currently TTC-ing n have been using OPKs to track my ovulation. This is the 1st mth that I'm using OPKs though.

I tested on CD16 but it was negative then I continued to test the next day n I got faint positive on CD17. I continued to test n got bold positive on CD18 till today which is alrdy CD25.

Has anyone got positive OPKs for so many days in a row? Btw, I'm using OPKs which I bought online... Is there something wrong with me?

Hi Yummyme!
This is indeed a queer situation... but based on what u have mentioned, i believe it is very likely that u have detected a LH surge on CD18, meaning your ovulation probably happened on CD18 or CD19.

And well, usually most people will stop testing after they detected a bold positive, based on what my opk customers tell me, but i guess being your first time using opk, u are naturally more curious..
happy.gif
Its not a bad thing u know, the more u question, the more knowledge u will gain
happy.gif

There is one way to find out whether did u really ovulate on CD18-19: wait and see if AF comes 14days(+ or - 1day) later, i.e. whether AF will come on CD32-33. If yes, then it means u managed to detect ovulation correctly, but perhaps the opk is too sensitive so it can still pick up your remaining LH. This is why it is better to get opk at sensitivity of around 25mIU/ml. I hope u didn't get the 10mIU/ml ones?

However if your AF doesn't come on around CD32, got 2 possibilities: Either u are preggie (oh congrats!) or your ovulation is late and so AF will be late too.

So now the only thing u can do is wait lah... and maybe stop the testing too, i think u must have bought a lot of opk tests, but no need to waste :p

Hope this helps! (and baby dust to u!)
kao_wink.gif

hi naturally,
finally someone replied..!

Yes, u're right that as this is the 1st time I'm using OPKs, I'm really curious on how it works. I stopped testing on CD25 alrdy...
Its CD27 today but my cycles are really irregular though, it can range from 33-45days. the longest cycle of 45days only happened twice so far n my average cycle is abt 33-37days.
I dun think I'm preggy cos DH n me only BD on CD11 b4 I tested positive OPK n I've absoultely no symptoms at all. We BD alt days from CD17-CD24 though...

Hi Yummyme,
ya now forum has a lot more active forumers than a few years back when i was ttc-ing, i remember last time we sure know whenever got new thread, but now there's just too many new threads to keep track, little wonder your thread can get lost
happy.gif
I just happened to be searching for opk related threads to gauge its popularity, that's how i found your thread lah
happy.gif

i just want to tell u, once u correctly detect ovulation, then AF will surely be due 14-15days later (this is called your luteal phase, it seldom changes unless maybe in sickness), so whether your cycle is regular or not, doesn't matter, u still can tell when AF is due so long as u know your O-day!
happy.gif

20-25miu is good, so no worries, looks like you probably detected ovulation correctly. Let's calculate ah, so your AF should come early next week (unless strike jackpot
happy.gif
)

So update me again next week okie?
kao_wink.gif

ok, sure will update u but honestly I think chances are low lah.
anyway, thks for ur advice so far! really appreciate it
happy.gif

Hihi Yummyme!
I think i may have solved your mystery! haha, so sorry ah, now then realised it, let me explain how opks work, then maybe u will also go "oooh, oh i see!"
kao_laugh.gif

U see, opks work differently from pregnancy hpts. For hpt, once u see double lines, no matter how faint the test line is, it means its a positive result, u are pregnant!

However, for opks, it is different because only a bold test line (bolder than the control test line) is considered a positive result for ovulation.

So the process goes like this: When a faint test line first appears, it means your LH level is increasing but still not high enough. A few days later, a bold test line appears (bolder than control test line), indicating that you will ovulate within 24-48 hours. And then on the next 1-2 days, the test line will become faint again, but this is absolutely normal because even after ovulation, your body will still have low amounts of LH. But this is not something you have to bother about, because you have already detected ovulation from the LH surge on your CD18, and that's all you need to know!
happy.gif

Makes sense?
happy.gif
Hee... i believe we can now proclaim "This mystery is history!" like Darby from "My Friends Tigger &amp; Pooh" (ha, sorry ah, my boy is cartoon fan, so mummy also become fan!
lol.gif
)

hi naturally!
LOL... yah, I understand ur explanation totally n I went "oooh, oh I see" just like u've predicted. hahahhahaa...
thks for taking the trouble to come back to my thread to update me yah.
Looks like this is NOT the month for me, can feel my AF coming soon... sigh.

oh, btw do u know where can I get a BBT thermometer? I went to guardian but only saw those normal clinical thermometers...

hee, u're welcomed!

ahh, BBT thermometers... this is something which i personally do not agree with. Because, when we chart our BBT, what we want to look for, is a slight dip which will happen a few days before O (telling u to get ready), and followed by a temperature hike (eggie released liao!), and the thing is, since these temperature changes are greater than 0.1 degree, so why do we need thermometers with 2 decimal places leh?

So i always track BBT using normal thermometer, works fine!
happy.gif
Oh by the way, u can also use BBT to know when AF is coming, once temperature drops, usually AF will come within 1-2 days. Hee, that's what i do now, i only check temperature near my AF, so that i will know when to get ready the tampons and not to wear white skirt on that day!
lol.gif

naturally - dunno if u're still following this thread but just to update that I failed this mth. must jia you again!

hihi stardust,
Chin up girl! I dun know if this will make u feel any better, but personally i waited 5 years to have my ah boy (he's 18 mths now and the cutest thing in the world :D). So I really doubt u will break my record, hee!

On a positive note, i think u've gained in several ways this cycle:
- 1stly, u know u do ovulate
kao_happy.gif

- 2ndly, u've learnt how to read opks
kao_happy.gif

- 3rdly, u've found out how long your luteal phase is, which is the number of days between ovulation and 1st day of AF. So even if u have irregular cycles, no more wondering when AF will come (or when u should test for pregnancy
wink.gif
), cos no matter when you ovulate, your AF due date will be accordingly to the length of your luteal phase after ovulation.

So jia you and stay positive!
kao_babydust.gif

btw, i may be bringing in bbt thermometers into my online shop... i know i said i dun use it myself, but i decided to consider the needs of those who really prefer have one. Price not confirm yet but will be definitely cheaper than those selling at our local pharmacies. Would u like to receive my PM after i confirm the pricing?

hi, regarding abt the OPK, need advise:

what if I test n its faint line, not darker than the test line, throughout the supposed ovulation period? does it means that I got no ovulation?

hi Charlotte,
before u jump to the worst conclusion, there could be other reasons why u didn't get a positive darker test line.

1. Perhaps the tests were not done at the optimal times? U may have detected your LH levels on its way up/down but didn't manage to catch the LH at its peak. Usually the best time to test is in late morning(second urine of the day) or afternoon.

2. did u drink too much water prior to testing ? that can dilute the LH level.

3. Expired opk?

If really cannot find the reasons, and gynae confirms u do ovulate, then never mind there are other ways of tracking ovulation symptoms like BBT or cervical mucus.

hope this helps
happy.gif

hi naturally,

u mean its the best time to test is in late morning(second urine of the day) or afternoon not in the morning?

I wan wondering if its the opk not suit me? expiry date in 2012
happy.gif

hi Charlotte,
did u test with first morning urine? if so, then that explains why u didn't see positive darker test line! no no, unlike a pregnancy test, never test opk using first morning urine cos there won't be enough LH levels.

hi naturally,

ya, cos the instructions say so I follow lor
sad.gif
that explains why I never get a dark line for these few mths!!!! thanks naturally for yr advise
happy.gif
it really helps me!

Hi Charlotte,
U're welcomed, glad I can help!
happy.gif

hmm... but i'm pretty sure that for all opk test strips, the instructions should advise against using 1st morning urine. Except i think for the clearblue fertility monitor, which can be used anytime of the day.

If u need more instructions on how to use OPK test strips, can click on this link, I run a little website for fertility-related tests and products
happy.gif

Special Packages for TTC ladies!

Faith Pack @ SGD$60.00 includes:
1 set of Basal Thermometer
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant (You can choose either Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)
25 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)
5 pcs of Home Pregnancy Test Kits (HPT)

You save 17%!

Hope Pack @ SGD$54.00 includes:
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant (You can choose either Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)

You save 13%!

BBDust Pack @ SGD$20.00 includes:

You save 18%!

Lucky Pack @ SGD$10.00 includes:
10 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)

You save 14%!

All packages include free normal mail postage within Singapore.

All products are imported from UK Leading Provider!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ala Carte Menu:
1 set of Basal Thermometer @ SGD$11.00
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant @ SGD39.00 (Your choice of Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)
1 pc of OPK/ HPT @ SGD0.80 (no minimum order)

All Ala Carte items pricing are inclusive of normal mail postage charges within Singapore.

Contact me at [email protected] for any queries or orders

Visit http://babydustshop.blogspot.com

hi naturally,

not sure if you still visit this thread.. but i'm quite eager to have my child asap but good news is always not on my list.

i have yet to try the temp thing &amp; i'm not sure how the opk thing works...

i'm a loser... but i still waiting for miracle..

Dear Angel,
My heart ached as I read your posting…

No one is ever a loser forever, tell yourself that everyday, no make it 10 times a day! Recently I’ve been reading up on positive thinking, things like the law of attraction, the book “The Secret”, positive hypnotic language etc, so pardon me for being sensitive to pessimism now *huffs and puffs to blow away your hovering dark clouds*

If you like, I can teach you how to use opks or do BBT charting, you may check out this link (pls click) or PM me your questions directly.

In the meantime, I do believe u are in dire need of a smile now, this youtube clip never fail to make me smile! Enjoy it
happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk980jV7Ao
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif

thanks naturally.. you are so kind..
happy.gif

sorry for my funny questions.. there isn't much information on how to get pregnant &amp; i wished there is a helpline for ppl like me who are not informed of what to do...

Angel dear, guess what? We do indeed have helplines!
happy.gif

1) Singapore Planned Parenthood Association Counselling
- Helpline number: 1800-7758582
- To help young people and adults deal with sexuality-related problems and concerns
- They also organise talks for couples on intimacy and planning for baby

2) Singapore Motherhood Forum! You've already made your way here, have you joined the ttc threads yet? Its always good to have support from fellow ttc buddies
happy.gif

Personally, I feel a first step could be doing a pre-marital checkup with the gynae, incl your hubby too, so you can make sure there's no health issues/obstacles, and even if there is, no worries, the gynae can take care of that for you
happy.gif
Only then, you can focus on preparing yourself emotionally, psychologically, for motherhood! A lot of women feel beaten down whenever AF comes, i know how it feels, that emotional roller-coaster of ups and downs, it sucks! But then, once i convinced myself that i will not allow little setbacks to affect me, once i learnt to take care of my emotional health by thinking positive, i became a happier person lor, no longer shackled by childlessness... U know, having a child is only a part of our lives, but sometimes we get so bogged down by it, esp when everyone around us seems to be falling pregnant as easy as chicken laying eggs, we unwittingly allow our sense of self-worth to be tied to having children, which is so wrong... and that's how a lot of us fall into the vicious cycle of stress-induced infertility, then it goes on to affect our personal relationships, not just the hubby, but with family like sisters/cousins/aunts who have kids one after another, or even affecting friendships with galfriends who became mummies! I have a galfren who actually told me to stop inviting her to my place cos she cannot bear to see our friends' kids... sigh! I do not know how to help this galfren of mine, but I do wish that you, dear Angel, will never never never become that way...

oh dear, have i said too much? :p Anyway, i wish you a beautiful day!
happy.gif

Hi Dearies, i had one boy turning 3years old this June. Been trying for a 2nd Baby since he is 1year plus but to no avail. Any advise on how i can use this OPK or Ovulation Prediction ? Any tips to get preggie again? Thanks in adv

Hey Lynna, not sure if you got any responses... There are a few types of OPK (ovulation prediction kits):

1. Branded (e.g. Clearblue) OPK. Usage: Pee on it. These are available at pharmacies e.g. Watson's or Guardian. Quite expensive - >$100 for 7 tests

2. No-brand OPK
a. Pee on type
b. Dip in pee type
most forums I read say the no-brand types work just as well, and much cheaper than branded

I just started TTC, bought Type 2b from Baby Dust http://babydustshop.blogspot.com/. So far using ok
happy.gif

Seems like Naturally here also owns a blog shop http://baby-desires.com/

you can check them out!

Hi ladies, i'hv got an extra pack of brand new Clearblue Digital Ovulation kit (20pcs) for sale, expiry in Oct 2014, email me at [email protected] for more details.
This will eliminate the trouble of figuring out the lines in the test strips and wonder whether did you O and the hassle of dipping in a cup. No more guessworks and it is >99% accuracy in detecting you are about to O.

Hi

I have extra test strips for sale.
30 ovulation test (20miu/ml) + 2 pregnancy test (10miu/ml).
All for S$15 including postage. Bought them for S$23 myself. But got pregnant quite fast so got extra.
PM me if interested.

Back