Aunty 阿珍 - BAD confinement lady

mei.ling

Everyone please beware of this aunty 阿珍,long story short, I nearly had depression because of her.

1) She leaves the pork meat in the fridge for over 4 days! Is it normal?? My family only defrost meat we know we'd use the next day.

2) Super skimpy with ingredients. Not like she's paying for the groceries. My breakfast consisted a bowl of noodles and few thin slices of pork meat. Worse than packing food from outside!

3) No initiative, everyday ask me what i want to eat when I am not very familiar with confinement food.

4) I didnt like her cooking so I ate very little, i tried to put up with it because i thought CL main responsibility is to take care of my baby, i thought as long as my baby is well taken care of then i can still ask my maid to cook for me but noooooo, my baby is a bit yellow that's why she fed my baby red dates tea!!!:mad::mad::mad:

And my maid has to prepare herbal bath for me because it's heavy my maid is younger than her so "the maid should do it"

5) When I was drinking milo, she walked past and said "i heard people say drink milo will cause milk supply to stop, but im not talking about you"

6) Gossip with my maid tried to make her go against us.

She really caused so much stress for me, i had to install CCTV to watch her with my baby. She's always nasty in front of me and nice when my husband is around. She raise her voice at me but never at my husband.
I only put up with her for 7 days before my husband told her to leave. I put up with her for 7 days only because we couldn't find a proper replacement. I couldn't find a reliable replacement at such late notice. Until my friend recommended me Aunty Windy. She's a lifesaver.

She's the most amazing nanny I have ever seen or heard of.

1) Cooking
Her cooking is absolutely the best! Everyday different dishes, different soups. From morning until night, I was never hungry. Sometimes my mother in law drop by just to taste her cooking. Even invited her friends over to eat. She didn't charge us for all this extra cooking because we had a maid who helped her with food preparation and cleaning. We still felt bad, because we know agency do charge for extra cooking. Extra work means extra fee, that's reasonable to us. So we gave her a big red packet when she left us.

2) Baby
She never for once complain or anything, my baby cries all the time, it stressed me out so much. But she never once sighed or anything. Even at night she would get up instantly and soothe the baby. I had CCTV installed. She never left my baby unattended. If she needs to go out for groceries or to the toilet or cook, she would hand the baby to me or my husband. She also gave me a lot of advice, taught me, my husband and my maid how to take care of the baby.

3) Attitude
She never show black face, always smiling and not the traditional type aunty. Like the naggy and must follow my way type of aunty. Whatever she do, she will ask if it's okay with me first. Very easy going person, never gossip with my maid also.

4) Experience
She has 30 years of experience. and she's only 51 y/o.

Before she left she explained and showed me, my husband and my maid everything again just to make sure we will be ok after she left. She made my life so much easier, she's such a positive person, never for once say negative things, always positive no matter what. Once I broke down and cried in toilet because I dislike how I look like now. She comforted me like my own mum.

I wanted to extend her but too bad she already took up another job, also in Singapore. I heard she's booked to Australia next year for 2 months, not sure which month. Anyone interested can contact her directly. +6016 511 2218 :) quote my name Mei Ling say it's my friend. I really wish her all the best.

Last edited:

I also want to add, i caught 阿珍 aunty sleep with my baby in the same bed! When we told her on the first day, baby must not sleep with adults in the same bed, because we dont want accidents to happen. She never listened!

I always pump enough milk in the fridge, and told her at least twice a day, only feed the baby my breastmilk, if not enough only use formula. Still she formula whenever im not looking. My next aunty, aunty windy found a few baby bottles with my breastmilk leftover hidden behind the bed.

:mad: it's crazy how unethical some people can be.

Hi all OP here, since i've received messages from time to time, I decided to reply questions here but wont disclose who PM-ed me. :) Aunty Windy also helped a long time member here @babylovely can PM her also if I can't reply you on time.

Hi Meiling!
Hope you don't mind I reach out to you directly. Can I ask you some questions re your nanny?
Does she practice good hygiene and always sterilize the baby bottles and stuff and wash her hands before handling baby etc?
*Yes she does. I told her beforehand that I am a very clean person. She understood what I meant immediately. I bought sterilizer, so she used that."

Does she feed the baby based on what you want and frequency or she will always suggest feeding baby more or when baby cries?
*No, she does not feed baby every time baby cry. She has a timesheet thingy that will record each time she feeds. So I just check the paper when I need to.*

Is she ok if you don't follow her advice and prefer to do things your way?
*Ya she is ok, she's very easy going, she give me advice then it's up to me if I want to follow. But so far if her advice is quite reasonable so I just followed, also I insisted I need to wash hair, she said it's ok as long as I quickly use hair dryer afterwards"

You mentioned you have a helper but does Aunty Windy still keep the place clean like after cooking etc as we don't have one.
*When I engaged aunty windy I told her not to worry about cleaning up, she just need to focus on me and baby. She did basic cleaning, and my helper did the deep cleaning. Aunty Windy cooked for helper in return. So it's all about helping each other in my household :) "

Everyone please beware of this aunty 阿珍,long story short, I nearly had depression because of her.

1) She leaves the pork meat in the fridge for over 4 days! Is it normal?? My family only defrost meat we know we'd use the next day.

2) Super skimpy with ingredients. Not like she's paying for the groceries. My breakfast consisted a bowl of noodles and few thin slices of pork meat. Worse than packing food from outside!

3) No initiative, everyday ask me what i want to eat when I am not very familiar with confinement food.

4) I didnt like her cooking so I ate very little, i tried to put up with it because i thought CL main responsibility is to take care of my baby, i thought as long as my baby is well taken care of then i can still ask my maid to cook for me but noooooo, my baby is a bit yellow that's why she fed my baby red dates tea!!!:mad::mad::mad:

And my maid has to prepare herbal bath for me because it's heavy my maid is younger than her so "the maid should do it"

5) When I was drinking milo, she walked past and said "i heard people say drink milo will cause milk supply to stop, but im not talking about you"

6) Gossip with my maid tried to make her go against us.

She really caused so much stress for me, i had to install CCTV to watch her with my baby. She's always nasty in front of me and nice when my husband is around. She raise her voice at me but never at my husband.
I only put up with her for 7 days before my husband told her to leave. I put up with her for 7 days only because we couldn't find a proper replacement. I couldn't find a reliable replacement at such late notice. Until my friend recommended me Aunty Windy. She's a lifesaver.

She's the most amazing nanny I have ever seen or heard of.

1) Cooking
Her cooking is absolutely the best! Everyday different dishes, different soups. From morning until night, I was never hungry. Sometimes my mother in law drop by just to taste her cooking. Even invited her friends over to eat. She didn't charge us for all this extra cooking because we had a maid who helped her with food preparation and cleaning. We still felt bad, because we know agency do charge for extra cooking. Extra work means extra fee, that's reasonable to us. So we gave her a big red packet when she left us.

2) Baby
She never for once complain or anything, my baby cries all the time, it stressed me out so much. But she never once sighed or anything. Even at night she would get up instantly and soothe the baby. I had CCTV installed. She never left my baby unattended. If she needs to go out for groceries or to the toilet or cook, she would hand the baby to me or my husband. She also gave me a lot of advice, taught me, my husband and my maid how to take care of the baby.

3) Attitude
She never show black face, always smiling and not the traditional type aunty. Like the naggy and must follow my way type of aunty. Whatever she do, she will ask if it's okay with me first. Very easy going person, never gossip with my maid also.

4) Experience
She has 30 years of experience. and she's only 51 y/o.

Before she left she explained and showed me, my husband and my maid everything again just to make sure we will be ok after she left. She made my life so much easier, she's such a positive person, never for once say negative things, always positive no matter what. Once I broke down and cried in toilet because I dislike how I look like now. She comforted me like my own mum.

I wanted to extend her but too bad she already took up another job, also in Singapore. I heard she's booked to Australia next year for 2 months, not sure which month. Anyone interested can contact her directly. +6016 511 2218 :) quote my name Mei Ling say it's my friend. I really wish her all the best.

Oh man i totally understand how it feels to have a very lousy nanny that stresses your whole confinement!! As a FTM I was so unlucky to engage a bad confinement nanny. But im not as lucky to get a good replacement. I had to survive with my mums help for the remaining 2 weeks.

Back