As long as paid $25 to liase Bulk Purchase, I can mark up the price???

Hi Leng Leng,

I would be fine if my post is simply ignored. After all, it's the individual's freedom to choose who they want to purchase from. My post will not be able to stop anybody from purchasing from the organiser.

However, by removing my post, it deprives interested mommies/daddies of a chance to save more $$. After all the thread is in Bulk Purchase section, purchasers are hoping for lower prices and save some $$.

Though I'm a new account holder, my post did not contain any malicious messages nor questionable suppliers. And most important of all, I don't gain anything. I just felt bad for the buyers. In fact, I almost placed an order for the DVDs. Luckily for me, my friend shared with me the amazon.co.uk deals. I would not have interferred if the organiser has not offered more selections. I feel the pinch for the buyers cos I was "ripped" off once before in the BP section too.

Anyway, I hope buyers will exercise caution when buying stuff in the BP section. Those "old birds" (or with a lot of postings) may not necessary have the buyers' interests at heart. The intention behind the removal of my post is clear - to subject interested buyers to the organiser's prevailing prices.

i joined quite alot of bulk purchase so far so good till i kana a seller(dun want to mention name)who sold me a tummy binder which from top cannot go pass my shoulder and from bottom can't even reach my hip...and i'm not so big size some more, it's just that tummy quite loose after recent birth.

many of us who received the item posted on the thread but she can totally ignore us, and was shocked when alot of forum members said it's selling at less than half the price in another thread...

although now i organise BP myself, but would still advise that for more ex items we members who had known each other for some time would consolidate our own orders then buy together, safer and cheaper.

Hi, I just like to voice out how i feel, no offence in anyway.

I was introduced to this Forum by my friend and have also bought a number of items from the BPs which I thought were quite good deals.

Quoting what Chin Leng posted earlier, the reason why a fee was charged is because they no longer need to differentiate whether the BP is for business a not, besides they do not have the capacity to do that either.
My understanding of this sentence is that the moderator has also "close their eyes" on people organising BPs for business purpose, so there's no point arguing if BP threads are allowed for business a not, right?

If BP organisers are charging a lower price than what we can get from the outside market, I feel that I'm perfectly fine in them earning abit for the hardwork they put in.(I guess everyone can see that it's really tough organising a BP) It's a win-win situation for the buyers and sellers isn't it? ---> This excludes sellers marking up the prices and selling more expensive than retail prices, these are unethical.

Like Itsy Bitsy who is selling Pedoodles shoes. Many of us knows that she has an online shop selling at RRP. However her BP is selling at only $42 which is SO MUCH LOWER as compared to buying from Pedoodles directly, which can cost about $65-$70 per pair inclusive of shipping charges. This is cost savings of more than $20 so who would mind if there is profit involved? Mommies like me who's looking out for great deals definitely don't mind.

Personally, I feel that mommies who organise BP without earning a single dollar are saints. I salute them. Imagine all the hardwork and coordination put in and what if there are unforeseen circumstances such as shipment delay, product defects, lost mail? They won't get any "Thank You" for helping to organise the BP, they will only get more work upon themselves, tons of pressure or maybe even negative comments.

Bottomline, it all rounds down to mommies themselves to decide whether they want to purchase from these BPs a not. I will still buy, but I'll do my homework and be careful.
Cheers!
happy.gif

I agree that we have to do homework before buying from BP. After u realize, u have bought higher price compared to stores selling, u also cant blame it on the BP organizer.

hello, just read this thread and am so surprised reading all this posts. am also a newbie here and ordered some stuff at OS by sending the organisers PM or emails of my orders. haven't ordered anything yet at BP organisers but i wanted to thank all of you mummies for sharing their experiences with not so honest organisers. This thread is very helpful to new members like me.
Doing my home works cos i wanted to order clothes for a 3 year old girl. But i dont want to join a dishonest organisers.
I aggree with mummy taztaz at earlier post. I also do hope we, newbies can be allowed to post at OS so all can see our orders and not only the organizers themselves.
thanks so much for coming up with this thread!

Out of curiosity, if you buy some stuff through BP, pay about $10+, shipping charges come up to 4 times of $10+, will you pay for such unreasonable shipping?

Sometimes I wonder what kind of hmwrk to do? Am I to go thru every thread and go thru every pasar malam/retail shop to make sure I am not fleeced and check for the best price? If that's the case very siong wor.

However, if understood that BP is supposedly to be cheaper cos buy in bulk have better lower price or order from overseas spree oso cheap cos no handling fee involved so naturally a mum who wants to save some costs wud automatically go there to purchase something she wants given the trust that she wud not be 'cheated'. If BP has become a black market, err...I think I wud not even dare to go there anymore but who wud know until another kind mummy along to warn us about the overprice or I have chanced upon this thread?

hello thenewme, actually i think the BP's desitin pricing is fine. Price on drugstore is before international shipping charges. If you still add on normal local postage charges, price of Desitin is around $10.

hi

i need advise. if i buy something from the bp org at $10 per pc then 2 weeks later another bp org selling it at $20 for 5pcs. is there anything i can do? cos i pur 4pcs for $40. i really find myself stupid to be chop like a carrot head.

the diff is 150%. and the bp org selling $4 per pc shld also make profit too. so the bp org mark up shld be around 200%. pls help.

thank u

Ynby80,
Think u can only ask the BP organiser if the price can be reduced as u see the same item (suppose is the same) from another BP. It is just like same item but different price if u buy from NTUC, Cold Storage, Cheers and Market place...

Sometimes, the organiser does not know that and can actually bargain... sometimes... they know...

Mona

thank u. ok. will check it out cos its really painful. cos its $6 more per pc and my maid bought 2pcs. feel bad that she pay more too and she dun earn alot but there are bp org that mark up so high. if she dun wan to reduce then there is nothing i can do???

Back