As long as paid $25 to liase Bulk Purchase, I can mark up the price???

agree with koala on the Einstein flashcards cos I bought too. We paid so much and initially i had thought it was a good bargain! Even asked friends if they wanted to buy too. Lucky they said they have too many kids stuff at home already. Sigh, too lazy to do homework by checking retail market. Anyway money spent, we gotta be more careful next time. I'm ok with organizers making some profits in this bps because it is indeed a lot of time spent to organize and arrange but just not too overboard.

As for non authentic issues, quite a lot of bps organized aren't selling the real stuff. Note the items, prices or by some pics can tell already. there are buyers who don't mind so just let them go ahead and buy. Its better we reserve our comments to ourselves instead of posting it in the thread cos will just anger the seller or affect those who just wants the bp to go through.

another case of markup from BP
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1510442.html?1214499825

i posted a qn, but she simply ignore my qn.
she mentioned she getting the stocks from USA, so shld be from babymallonline.

the rompers is only U$2.99~$3.99(sm is only U$1.99), after convert to sgd, plus shipping, each pc of rompers is only S$3.90~S$6.39, i ever do babymall spree, so i'm aware of the shipping charges.

the boxers, she earning 2times from the selling price! each is only u$1.99, and she selling @S12.90!

good earning leh.
the 2pcs rompers, is only u$4.99~u$5.99, she selling $16.90.....

hehehe... think i must also go open a bp thread doing spree, and mark up the price!
happy.gif

i went to the thread that you posted, the price is ridiculous!!
she even claiming that the things that you pointed out is not true.
I am a spree organiser myself. ordered through babymallonline as well.
for childrens' stuff, shipping shouldn't be so high as that are just so small..

for this case, it's truly misleading the buyers.
if she wants to earn money, just say so.

Chin Leng,
appreciate you can take action on this case.

Gosh....
I can't believe the words that she put there. She openly say the amount of work blah blah blah. As if overseas organizers doesn't put in any efforts? So what if she paid $25?!

She made it so obvious that she's ordering from that website! And mummies are still willing to pay for her 'service'. Well, 一个愿打... 一个愿挨. That's life.

well, if u do a serious "homework" before participating in BPs, u will notice that there are a few other current BPs that is ordering from overseas website and charging people at a higher price.

that bp is very terrible !!!
we din even pay so much for spree. she is terrible. she is earning like ??? warn the other mummies lei. feel so 'bu zhi de' for them.

<font color="119911">hi XiaoYun, ja_babies, what to do? after what i said, there are still pple willing to let her 'earn' those extra money.

I forget to highlight in that thread, for bbmallonline, there's a all year long 20% discount, meaning, she's earning more!

what to do? she mentioned she 'paid' $25 for the thread, i think after deducting the $25 she paid, she still can earn at least a few hundreds dollars.

just dun understand those buyers, there are so many overseas spree for bbmallonline with 20% discount, and they still want 'pay xtra' of at least 40~50% up the selling price in bbmallonline.

aiya... dun want say liao.... wait i kanna 'bombard' for being KPO :p</font>

mrspoh
maybe they cant post :p
ya i also feel fern is charging alot higher.... buy at oversea spree is so much higher....also dun understand y those mummies still wan to buy

hmmm...... I didn't read the thread post by post but this is what I think. Maybe those mummies are new members &amp; cannot participate in oversea spress, so they have no choice. As with some bp on the NISSEN brand, mummies still buy even though the price is higher than jshopper &amp; they like the fact that they don't have to buy as a pack but just the pcs they like (cos most NISSEN's products come in pack of 2s or 3s)

You may say that the mummies can PM the spree organisers their orders, but mummies who does that feedback that the organisers either dun accept orders via PM or their emails were simply ignored.

well, there are actually quite a number of items that selling higher price than joining overseas spree.
on contrary, i don't feel disturbed when those are ready stock items so that buyer can get the items immediately instead of waiting period of 2-3 weeks for overseas spree. In this way, BP organiser bears the risk of not be able to sell her goods. Buyer benefits from having shorter waiting period. As long as the organiser is honest and telling us that it's cheaper to join overseas spree, I've no problem with paying a little more to shorten my waiting time.
happy.gif
time is $$ also
when seeing more and more people are trying to do business in BP, does it make sense to combine the business section and BP section?

hi xiao yun,
Ya if it's ready stock like other shops selling stuff then I would feel more comfortable. The seller had absorbed all the risk and ordered the goods anticipating the demand.
But the babymall that Mrs Poh mentioned is not ready stock and actually no diff at all from oversea spree. Oversea spree organiser also put in the same effort as the BP organiser.

Hi all,

i think we are all mature adults if you think the item is too expensive and not worth buying than please do not buy.

Alot of mummies inluding myself has indeed benefited from the BP.

just my 2 cents worth of thoughts . please do not bombard me..
happy.gif

Hello MrsPoh,

Thanks for the warning. Hopefully, the mummies there will take note and decide whether it is worth to continue their purchase.

Hi,
I'm quite new to this forum but also noticed that some BP organisers charged very high for handling charges or marked up the price. I have participated in sprees organised outside this forum which charged at more reasonable price.
But again, it takes 2 hands to clap, 1 willing seller + 1 willing buyer = biz. haha
And thks to mommies here who give "warning" to others like me.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Ya, I do appreciate mummies who pass comments saying that the BP prices are too high cos sometimes I dunno the market rate and when seeing this type of warning, will start to do a bit a research and determine if I wanna still order.

So for the organisers who still wanna charge high and there are buyers, then too bad since they willingly wanna pay for items without a bit more read up just by looking through more threads.

Well, this is just a case of many shops in a shopping mall but if u chose to buy from the 1st shop u entered without browsing around, being a buyer too bad tat's a lost cos u din wanna spend efforts scouting for cheaper alternatives before buying despite knowing that there might be cheaper alternative.
happy.gif

Mummies who have given "warning" saying it's too expensive and there are still buyers, you have done your part well as a fellow forum to warn them. It's just their lost that they dun appreciate it.
happy.gif

Maybe should inform mummies out there that if they want to pay 2-3 times babymall prices, there are shops in Singapore selling the goods. Dun even have to wait and take the risk to transfer money. Just choose, pay and walk out of the shop with the goods. I think still cheaper than Fern's prices.

Hmmnn..indeed kinda ridiculous that they overcharged by so much. However, not all buyers/mummies come into this thread to read the warnings!! Most head straight for the BP area immediately.

We gotta think of a way to alert them so that they are fully aware of the scenario before placing their orders. Its really sad when you realise later that you have overpaid by so much!!

some buyers still can say what they want is not available on jshoppers!
think they just did not look thru carefully.
and also says that receiving is 5wks later... wao lao.... i've done numerous private jshoppers sprees, so breeze and easy, just login, order, pay via card, and shipment arrive within 2wks!

erm.... not forgetting there's this thing called Points system for jshoppers ... ie, can use points to offset the payment. erm... pls don't bomb me ...

if the buyers willing to pay higher price, i guess nothing much we can do.
at least we alrd shared the info with them.
i do appreciated when ppl share with me the price offered by the organiser are higher.

yep! i do appreciate too..
almost wanted to buy from fern. but realise the price difference is just to great..

i dun mind paying that $1-$2 "handling fee".. but $8 is just too high..
sad.gif

precisely.
i was being bombarded badly, nvm lah

for her babymallonline, i bought shoes for 6plus includes shipping but she sell for 12plus

I've not logged in to this forum for quite sometime. Surprised to see more &amp; more unfriendly ppl here in this forum. Seems like a lot of ppl here are using this forum for business purpose only.

I was browsing thru Fern's thread and almost wanted to get something there, but was glad that Mrs Poh alerted the mummies there. I say my point there and also kanna bombarded. Maybe those who sided Fern Lim in that thread is Fern herself or her friends, they are very new users here. Another user Swanky Kids who supported her seems to create a mess in another spree, instead of responding to those poor mummies who are chasing after her, she is in Fern's thread supporting her.

We mummies here make use this forum to make friends, share our experiences, comes together to buy items in bulk to get better pricing so as to cut down our expenses. But we have inconsiderate users here, taking advantage of some ignorant mummies. I would really think twice if I ever want to join a bulk purchase again. Hope the moderator will do something about these users soon.

apple, agree to wat u say.. yet the BP organisers keep saying things like pple are stupid to organise BP without earning, they earn is their biz... stuff like that..

my point is.. since they are earning so MUCH.. should they be in the BUSINESS thread, rather than e BULK PURCHASE thread???

precisely, yes, earn abit is ok, but hor she is selling thing 40-50% more den the usual price loh... tat is way too much....

yes, shd go to business thread

hi im a newbie here so i usually go straight to BP threads as i cant post in Overseas Spree so to me, no point going there.

Is there any way the Mod can consider letting us be able to post on OS sprees? coz im rather hesistant abt buying from OS, yes its true we can PM the seller but we're taking an even bigger risk than those buyers who are able to post openly for all to see.

OS sprees seem so much cheaper. i mean our aim in coming here is to save some $ by buying in bulk. Otherwise why would i want to wait, take the risk in transferring $ n play guessing game as dun know final quality of product.

its a free market out there. those who still want to pay so much after being warned then that's their own biz. For me i appreciate being able to save that bit of $$$!

im sure there are lotsa of 1st time mummies like me who are not aware that BPs are not necessarily cheaper! we've NEVER shopped for bb stuff before so how are we to know.

pls allow us to post in OS spree! i dun wan kena fleeced. im sure alot of newbie mummies will wan the chance to post in both OS n BP to buy cheaper stuff.

i need some advise..
i realised some of the threads at BP and Overseas Spree are ordering from some source, eg, cct fashion.
the one at BP charge handling fees, the one at OS don't.
am i right to say that it's 'cheaper' to order from OS??

Wow, that's alot of difference in price! Thanks for highlighting Leng Leng. But are the BP raincoats exactly the same as the Pasar Malam ones? I thot the BP ones are bigger &amp; longer.

Donno leh,
the Pooh Bear raincoat is for my 4 yr old girl,
the other one is for my 2.5 yr old boy.
happy.gif

Hope mummies will look around more locations before committing.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Leng Leng, i got the raincoat at $6.50 (Disney Princess pic) at Chong Pang leh. Seems like urs oso bit ex liao. hehe.....</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Here's the pix of the raincoat. Btw, my hubby just told me that actually i paid $6 only after some bargain. With the BP price, i can buy 2 liao leh</font>
1645144.jpg

1645145.jpg

l was so tempted to order... luckily l was browsing around and happened to find out more here.

Seemed like really got to be carefull before making any order in BPs.

Felicia, your Disney Princess raincoat very nice leh
happy.gif
Guess it pays to look around before committing to BP. However, I do wonder if the BP ones are of better quality since they are so much more ex?

<font color="aa00aa">Leng Leng, yalor, $3 i can treat to some tea tarik. haha.......

mummyto2, about quality i'm not too sure lah coz not able to compare via picture only. But the one i brought for my ger, the material is quite thick. I brought on a rainy day and my ger din get wet wearing it lah. But so far she only wore twice only.</font>

Right now in the BP Threads, one BP organiser selling small vacuum at $5.50, another selling same at $10.50. Frankly I hope ppl do open their eyes to see before buying or do their homework.

Hi Tan Leng Leng &amp; Felicia,

I bought the raincoat from the BP at $15, I feel so cheated after I saw a similar raincoat at my place selling $9.90. Could hv saved $6.10, hv to pay postage fee $1 somemore . After this incident, I do my homework before buying from BP. Sigh, BP is no longer like before.

BP here no longer means buying in bulk means can save more $. I bought a Baby Einstein book in the BP here many mths ago when I first joined this forum, then realised it was few bulks more than i cld get fr an online site, the difference is enough for a meal, fr there on, I seldom patronise BP threads, now, I hardly look at the BP threads. I gotten my stephen joseph bag &amp; lunch box much cheaper through a mummy who got it fr ebay than any of the BPs here.

Totally agree with u, bunnybluey. Now I don't buy from BPs anymore, unless the price is reasonable after doing homework.

Just to share, I bought my Stephen Joseph Quilted Bag at $26.60 &amp; lunch box at $17.62 some time in Jul this year. The Go Go bag that other mummies ordered is only $22.06. The pricing all with personalisation &amp; insurance. Her recent batch in mid Sep only abt $1-$2 more due to increase in exch rate.

I just went to look at the BP price, I faint lor... it can cost $8-$10 more for ea bag/lunch box. $20 difference enough for me to hv 4 lunches.

Here's my bags, got any difference fr the BPs meh? So really must do some homework before buying lor. I haven't ordered things fr BPs quite some time, but just placed orders for shoes, joining only because the organiser is someone I know, so happened to be at the BP threads, then saw the BP pricing for the Stephen Joseph stuff. *faint*

1785089.jpg
1785090.jpg

jen_phua, can share where you bought your Stephen Joseph bags at a cheaper rate than BP? I'm so attracted to their bright cheery colours!
happy.gif
Feel like getting something as well.

mummyto2, tink u PM me better, then i passed your email/contacts to the person who did the spree as i don't it's appropriate to "advertise" here.

Can't understand why my post in http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1812740.html?1225685083 was deleted. Content of my post was to direct interested (get-it-yourself) parties to get the DVDs from alternate trusted source at much lower prices.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Schoo...=UTF8&amp;s=dvd&amp;qid=1225686614&amp;sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Key-Complete-Collection/dp/B000GQML0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=dvd&amp;qid=1225685965&amp;sr=1-1

My original post was not to cause an upheaval in the thread. Rather, it's to provide interested buyers a cheaper alternative.
Perhaps the moderators feel that as long as the organisers paid up the $25, it's the board's best interest to protect them at the expense of potential buyers? It's really a shame that the board doesn't allow one to share cheaper alternatives with other mommies.

Initially I gave the organiser the benefit of doubt that she wasn't aware that her prices are high. But after the removal of my post from her BP thread, I think otherwise.

For instance the Magic Key Collection set, her price is $28. The same set is only 4.97 pounds from amazon.co.uk. With delivery charges, it totals to 4.97+3.58 = 8.55 pounds. At the exchange rate of 1pound = S$2.5, it's only S$21.40.

The savings from the Arthur and Magic School Bus DVDs are even greater.

Apparently, her interest is not in helping other mommies/daddies to get things at cheaper prices. Sad.

Btw, purchasing from amazon.co.uk is similar to purchasing from amazon.com.

Back