APS positive - seek advise to start IVF treatment after failed implantation

babywonder777

Hi, I am recently diagnosed with APS (B2 Glycoprotein IgG >150) after one failed IVF attempt. For my next attempt, I am torn between just depending on baby aspirin only or to take both aspirin and clexane to boost chances of pregnancy and prevent miscarriage. My IVF doctor recommend try aspirin first while my rheumatologist thinks that aspirin alone is not sufficient and best to take both aspirin and clexane. I am really confused. Any advise please.

Your B2 Glycoprotein is too high, aspirin isn’t enough. You don’t have any other antibodies? What about anti cardiolipins?
My B2 Glycoprotein was 40(>20) and rheumatologist prescribed aspirin and clexane 0.2 daily, I started to eat it 2 days before transfer.
Actually clexane 0.2 is small safe doze, no any bleeding can occur.

Your B2 Glycoprotein is too high, aspirin isn’t enough. You don’t have any other antibodies? What about anti cardiolipins?
My B2 Glycoprotein was 40(>20) and rheumatologist prescribed aspirin and clexane 0.2 daily, I started to eat it 2 days before transfer.
Actually clexane 0.2 is small safe doze, no any bleeding can occur.
Hi Alishablond, Thanks for your reply. I have only elevated IgG. My concern with clexane injection is that it will cause bruises and have side effect. How much did you paid for your clexane injection? I was told quite expensive.

Last edited:
Hi, babywonder777!
I bought at Sheila Vasoo Clinic for 17$ for one syringe(one injection), at NUH it cost only 5$. Doing injections already for 20 days, painless, not feeling any side effects, except bruises on my tummy.

I took clexane everyday during my pregnancy. Due to early delivery, I have 7 boxes/14 syringe of Clexane for sale. Bought at $35, willing to let go at $20. Expire at 08/2019.

Please pm me if you are keen.

Hi babywonder777,

I too was diagnosed with APS 1.5 yrs back and am taking clexane 0.4 and baby aspirin for my pregnancy. Yes there will be bruises but I think it's worth it! Do pm me if you have any queries :)). Which doc are you seeing?

Hi, I am recently diagnosed with APS (B2 Glycoprotein IgG >150) after one failed IVF attempt. For my next attempt, I am torn between just depending on baby aspirin only or to take both aspirin and clexane to boost chances of pregnancy and prevent miscarriage. My IVF doctor recommend try aspirin first while my rheumatologist thinks that aspirin alone is not sufficient and best to take both aspirin and clexane. I am really confused. Any advise please.

Hi ladies, my last attempt was a bio chemical pregnancy as I was on baby Asprin only. This time round will be taking baby Asprin with Clexane & Plaquenil to counter APS.

Anyone has successful live pregnancies with Clexane and baby aspirin ? If yes, when did you start the Clexane - is it Before FET, On FET or only upon confirmed Pregnant ?

Hi ladies, my last attempt was a bio chemical pregnancy as I was on baby Asprin only. This time round will be taking baby Asprin with Clexane & Plaquenil to counter APS.

Anyone has successful live pregnancies with Clexane and baby aspirin ? If yes, when did you start the Clexane - is it Before FET, On FET or only upon confirmed Pregnant ?
My first fresh in March also ended with chemical.

For my FET in September I started Clexane 0.4 from CD5, aspiring and Prednisolone also, as Dr. Sheila prescribed.
BFP, today i went for first scan on 21dpt.

For my FET in September I started Clexane 0.4 from CD5, aspiring and Prednisolone also, as Dr. Sheila prescribed.

Congrats ! wow yr scan is early

I don't have APS, but positive ANA and borderline NK cells. Also on clexane 0.2ml and prednisolone.
Supposed to start clexane 5 days before FET. but I only managed 2 days before. fingers and toes crossed all ok.

@Alishablond! Nice to see u here, did u do aps testing with your Dr? How much was it?

Before you were diagnosed, did you have any symptoms prior to that? :)
Hihi!!
Quite expensive, $700 at SGH a list of different immune antibodies test. If you go to Dr Sheila Vasoo, it will be $1k+.
rheumatologist at SGH didn’t want give clexane injections, I went you Dr Sheila, she said Clexane is the must if you have antibodies and generally good for blood circulation in pregnancy.
Clexane is also expensive, at Dr Sheila it’s 14$ one injection, at nuh pharmacy 7$.
No symptoms, only the thing that I never was pregnant in my life, thought maybe because of antibodies, this is what I said to a rheumatologist on first consultation.
If you want to do blood test before your FET, hurry up.

May i know how the doctor decide to have Clexane 0.4? And r you having natural or medicated fet?

Hihi!!
Quite expensive, $700 at SGH a list of different immune antibodies test. If you go to Dr Sheila Vasoo, it will be $1k+.
rheumatologist at SGH didn’t want give clexane injections, I went you Dr Sheila, she said Clexane is the must if you have antibodies and generally good for blood circulation in pregnancy.
Clexane is also expensive, at Dr Sheila it’s 14$ one injection, at nuh pharmacy 7$.
No symptoms, only the thing that I never was pregnant in my life, thought maybe because of antibodies, this is what I said to a rheumatologist on first consultation.
Can i check with you, how to get Clexane from NUH? Is it get from NUH gynae? Need any prescription from Dr Shiela?

Hihi!!
Ohh OK wow thank u so much for the info,! Noted will ask my Dr to check!,

Hi, ur rheumatogist is who?

May i know how the doctor decide to have Clexane 0.4? And r you having natural or medicated fet?
I had medicated fet. Before pregnancy Dr sees Protein S, anticardiolipin and beta glycoprotein level, plus I think body size(for small skinny lady probably 0.2 enough). After BFP I went to Dr Sheila, she checked Protein S level to see if Clexane 0.4 is enough for me. Normally what I do, she gives me prescriptions to collect from Dr Choolani clinic. I don’t take there, show the prescription to my Dr at NUH and ask to prescribe it for collection at nuh pharmacy. Dr Shakina and Dr Anu are very understanding. Btw, i miscarried at 8 weeks, going for second fresh in March.

I had medicated fet. Before pregnancy Dr sees Protein S, anticardiolipin and beta glycoprotein level, plus I think body size(for small skinny lady probably 0.2 enough). After BFP I went to Dr Sheila, she checked Protein S level to see if Clexane 0.4 is enough for me. Normally what I do, she gives me prescriptions to collect from Dr Choolani clinic. I don’t take there, show the prescription to my Dr at NUH and ask to prescribe it for collection at nuh pharmacy. Dr Shakina and Dr Anu are very understanding. Btw, i miscarried at 8 weeks, going for second fresh in March.
Ooo... I hope the test is also cheaper in NUH

Ok thanks for ur detailed explanation. I just tested bfp too and look for Dr Shiela, she gave me 2 weeks of clexane. 1 jab cost $17. I need to think of getting prescription from her and get from NUH next time. How u tell her to get the prescription?

Ok thanks for ur detailed explanation. I just tested bfp too and look for Dr Shiela, she gave me 2 weeks of clexane. 1 jab cost $17. I need to think of getting prescription from her and get from NUH next time. How u tell her to get the prescription?
How did you get from her your 2 weeks clexane? I remember she always give you a list with medication she prescribed, what and how to take. You can show this list to your Dr and ask for more clexane.
Why only for 2 weeks?

How did you get from her your 2 weeks clexane? I remember she always give you a list with medication she prescribed, what and how to take. You can show this list to your Dr and ask for more clexane.
Why only for 2 weeks?
She did not give me lei. She gave me 2 weeks till i see my gynae next visit. U see nuh and get clexane is subdized or private rate?

Hi ladies, i am currently BFP. But i start to spot, and is getting more and more. Those on Clexane & Aspirin, do u still continue to take? I forgot to ask my doctor that time.

Why only for 2 weeks?
Dr Shiela gave u the prescription during consultation or the nurses gave? That day she is a hurry for meeting.

Maybe i went to Dr Choolani’s clinic and see her. I did not go to her ARC clinic.

286E472F-486C-4191-B4B6-5666228409AC.jpeg
Dr Shiela gave u the prescription during consultation or the nurses gave? That day she is a hurry for meeting.
Dr Sheila gave me, last year she didn’t have clexane at her Clinic, she gives this prescription to collect from level 11 Dr Choolani clinic.
I think this is a king of notice for my doctor as well. I showed to Prof Wong once, he added info into computer, so after that doctors at NUH never ask for another more fresh prescription, they just ask if I have everything or need more medicines.

View attachment 709463
Dr Sheila gave me, last year she didn’t have clexane at her Clinic, she gives this prescription to collect from level 11 Dr Choolani clinic.
I think this is a king of notice for my doctor as well. I showed to Prof Wong once, he added info into computer, so after that doctors at NUH never ask for another more fresh prescription, they just ask if I have everything or need more medicines.
Ok next time if i pregnant, i will get from her. Thanks. Because i all wanted to ask this qn. Maybe that time is my first consultation, i buy from her. I aso so urgent need it too.

How about your platelet count and anti-thyroid antibodies level? Was it okay?

I took clexane everyday during my pregnancy. Due to early delivery, I have 7 boxes/14 syringe of Clexane for sale. Bought at $35, willing to let go at $20. Expire at 08/2019.

Please pm me if you are keen.
Still available? Is 0.2?

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique which can achieve success rate up to 80%.
As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on April 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

Im 39 yrs this year. So there's still ray of hope !

Back