Appreciate Moderator(s) to investigate b4 blocking members

Interesting, there seems to be two views here, one in support of the moderators and one the other way.

Well, let say I was a supporter of this forum until recently, when the real ugly truth of the system came about.

The mods never attempted to understand nor find out the truth and just do things they feel its right.

And reading all the things about - they have their other work etc ... if can't do it well, don't do it ... don't go behind excuses that there are tons of things to handle before this ...

Get real ...

I would just like to speak up here for the moderators.

Please remember that Chin Leng and Bee Lee are running 2 forums, with a huge number of users on either one. Imagine trying to cater for 100's, if not 1000's, of members on very limited manpower and resources.

Why are you being so rude to the people who are providing you with a FREE service? Have you emailed the moderators to volunteer your services if you're so unhappy with the system? Many times Chin Leng and Bee Lee have written to appeal to users to be more responsible and to follow the rules of the forum, how many of the users have listened?

SMH Unhappy (smhunhappy)/SMH User (smhuser0905), you obviously have a grievance against the mods, and if you want to flame them, then do it openly, rather than set up one ID after another, hiding behind a username that does not give your identity.
Use one username, in your post state the ID that was banned, and ask politely why your account was banned, so that you're seen to be unafraid and seriously wish to know why, since you do think you're innocent. Better still, get someone already established in SMH who can vouch for you, and is willing to help you, to post requesting for a reinstatement and why your account should be reinstated. If you can't find anyone willing to help you, well....

All these charges of double standards and unfairness would only be said when you're the one that's been banned, ie, 'caught'. What about those who were not reported, and were doing business, they're happily taking in money, without following the rules of the forum.

Let's take this scenario - One lady, let's call her, A1, are one of the many mommies who use only 1 MRT card to bring 3 children+herself, across the double gates of the MRT stations. Another lady, A2, sees this and tries the same thing with herself+1 child, but gets caught. She starts accusing the MRT staff of unfair treatment, saying that if other people can do it with even more children, why can't she? The MRT staff stands firm, saying that rules are rules, and that since A2 was caught red-handed, she has to be fined. A2 grumbles a lot, but in the end still has to pay the penalty. Does she start ranting to other MRT users, write to the papers, or accuse MRT Corp by threatening/abusing them? I won't think so. In fact, she'd just curse her bad luck for getting caught, and may even try to do it again, but this time, being even more sneaky about it, so that she won't get caught. Did A2 report A1 when she saw A1 doing it with 3children? I don't think so. And MRT Corp (whichever MRT Line you're using) earns millions a year!

Apply that scenario to this forum, and see if you can tell which lady you are. Then do ask yourself, why are you angry, and is it fair to Chin Leng and Bee Lee to abuse them so?

I support Chin Leng and Bee Lee not just because they have kindly helped to support a forum that helps mummies, but also because I've been the victim of people who set up bulk purchases, but didn't deliver. I appreciate that there are some users who genuinely just want to buy something and so set up a BP, but where do we draw the line? The ones who make use of the forum to do business for free certainly don't use names like "freeloader", "cheatinguser", "ActuallyImABusiness". So help out the moderators, point out those business threads pretending to be kind souls to help mommies buy for a BP. That helps Chin Leng and Bee Lee, and the forum in the long run.

Hi Smhuser0905/smhunhappy,

You may like to know that we don't ban users simply because they criticise us. Users are only banned because the terms of use have been violated.

I've taken a look at your account "smhuser0905". Your account was not suspended by us. Your account became suspended because you've requested to change the email address in your account. Once you make that change, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the new e-mail address and it contains an activation key which must be entered before you can continue using your account normally.

The problems is, you've entered an incorrect and invalid email address, that's why you did not receive the activation code.

Your account is currently temporarily deactivated because you've made a request to change your email address. It'll be activated again when you key in the activation code.

To correct the email address, log in to your account using the link:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/board-profile.cgi

It'll ask you if you'll like to change to another email address and will send you a new activation code. Please ensure that the email address is correct this time.

Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi

this case was wrong ... account was not banned after all ...

but when i tried logging in again ... it say accounts suspended. Tried restoring password, it went through and shows me this:

"Your account is currently suspended. You are not permitted to activate your account. Please contact a board moderator for further information"

mylittlebear,

I know the roles of moderation, been there and doing it. Its a frustrating role yes, I agree, but my take is this too. Since we have volunteered on the role, we do it whole-heartedly and work with people who are the users.

Abuse/flame? wow ... i didn't know the posting i made is considered a abuse. If the mods think so, then i'm sorry that is seems so.

My grief? not because my acct was banned (it was not), not because i fell victim to scamming BPs and sprees, but ....

let's use your scenario:

One lady, let's call her, A1, are one of the many mommies who use only 1 MRT card to bring 3 children+herself, across the double gates of the MRT stations. Another lady, A2, sees this and tries the same thing with herself+1 child. The lady A3 follows suit. She got caught. Now the security staff realised that there is such a problem.

Now Lady A4, with one kid in tow, wanted to crossed the gate with her MRT card. The staff immediately stop her before she crossed and accussed her of attempting to cheat. Without listening at all, they usher her out of the station and not let her say anything. (Now, she has 2 mrt card, one for her and one for child!)

She wrote to SMRT and ask, but letters after letters she sent there was no reply.

what's the morale?

you think about it.

PS. Just to be fair, my contact with some of the moderators so far has been very positive.
happy.gif
(not gonna name names here though)

Hi smhunhappy,
Lady A4 scenario will not happen.
happy.gif

If she hadn't cross the gate, how to usher her out of the station?
MRT staffs will asked to see the kid's card,
or wait till Lady A4 cross the gate with the child be taking any action.

I've been there, done that.
happy.gif

Leng Leng

Yes ... in SMRT will not happen ... in SMH have ...
sad.gif

I'm just trying to let mylittlebear understand using her own story (mine went a little far fetch)

With legal authority, there are still avenues of appeals with appropriate and timely response. In here, unfortunately things are not that way it seems.

happy.gif

Hi smhunhappy,
back to your 1st account,
any idea why it's being suspended?
It may be a misunderstanding,
do check with the moderators.
Good Luck.
happy.gif

Hi smhunhappy,

Your account status is as shown below:

2436069.gif

You should not try to restore your password but try to login to your account and it'll allow you to key in a new email address. I don't know what happens now that you've attempted to "restore" your password if you can still correct your email address and have the activation code emailed to you. If you need us to activate for you your "smhuser095", we'll be glad to do it for you.

Regarding the emails not receiving replies, we are aware and we are terribly sorry about it. It is not that we don't want to reply but we simply do not have the capacity to respond. This is an unfortunate situation but we just do not have the solution at the moment. Where do we get the financial resources to get more help? In the current economic situation, it is not something we can commit to at the moment.

If you've clicked on last 24 hours results during a weekday, you'll notice that there are at least 11,000 messages made in a day! That is a huge number and our servers are straining already which caused the server to crash over the weekend just a few weeks ago.

As it is, we are in the midst of upgrading the servers again (the last one was done in about 6 months ago!).

We are but a very small company with limited revenue and resources. I'm sorry but we simply just do not have the capacity to respond to all the emails we received at the moment.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

SMH Unhappy (smhunhappy)

First, thank you for helping out in moderating. I'm glad that you care about the forum.
happy.gif

I tried to understand your scenario add-on, but I think that if SMRT guys really just usher A4 out without any explanation, then the equivalent here would be the forum doesn't accept any more BPs at all, or kicks out all the BP starters.

But anyway, I just felt that you were rather harsh and demanding in your originial posts before Chin Leng responded, so hey, glad that it's sorted out. My apologies if I seemed rather harsh in my post in turn. :p

Peace out. Have a nice day y'all!

I think I have a same problem with SMH User since 19 Aug '09, no repy form moderators while I was actually joining some sprees and I dunno how to follow up and collect my item whic hI have paid.

I am really really angry, although I trying to tell myself that I should wait for moderators'reply
sad.gif
very frustrating..
sad.gif

dirtifish

actually I am tired of hearing the mods saying "they are a small company with limited resource". If they cant manage, close down la! Then, all of us will move on to another playground which provides less restriction.

when i good student is punished just because she sneezed during assembly, she will start to think, why must she be a good student? why follow the school rules.

it seems tt the moderators r biased. Agree with lilian that there are people who sells on WTB constantly and they are not chopped. I've tried doing the same thing and my thread gets removed.

I have to agree, if ban one should ban all whom make the same mistake. I saw SO MANY (almost 50%?) of the threads in WTB are doing "WTS" threads. What's the point of the 1yr restriction when you drove more people to do such things making your job more busy? Really don't understand. There are no such restrictions in wedding forum and no such issues also so why here?

My account was also suspended for 1 month because of Spamming which i wasnt doing intentionally & other users are doing it as well. The moderators also just removed my threads without notifying, causing panic to my buyers. If they want BP/Spree organiser to be responsible, shouldnt the moderators be responsible enough to at least inform before doing such drastic action? Show some empathy pls !

Account suspended for 1 month is way too harsh for a 1st offender, shouldnt a warning be issued 1st?

Hi May,

Please note that in the "Terms of Use" http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/terms.htm section 4d, it had been stated only one messages should be posted.

All registered accounts have agreed to abide by the terms of use when you sign-up for an account. This is indicated on the first sentence in red on the account sign-up page:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/board-profile.cgi?action=register

When a user spam the forum, we have to remove the messages manually. It is a very laborious and time-consuming process. We are sorry but we have to take a harsh stance against spamming.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

shadow, u need to be a member in smh for more than 1 year and had been active in smh, then you can access in WTS and overseas thread.
happy.gif

ChinLeng,

i have been member since Dec 2009 and active in forums but yet cant post in WTS.

my account: Pinkiepiglet have been suspended today without notice.

i admit i have posted sale items in the wrong threads but i have not done anything wrong as i am unable to post in WTS even though i have met the criteria of posting in WTS threads.

i need to know the answer why i cant post in WTS thread. thanks.

Back