Appreciate Moderator(s) to investigate b4 blocking members

kerene

I am a truly 100% MTB and a member of SgBrides til now SgMotherhood.

I was suddenly (without notification) got BANNED by SgMotherhood with the label given to me for "advertising". The act I did was merely sharing a website which I bought (cheaper & quality) stuffs and I am indeed a Buyer not a Advertiser.

I managed to get my membership restored after contacting the moderator. However, I felt wronged.

I hope, in future, moderators of Sgmotherhood can do some investigations before concluding a member as a real Mum who needs/shares info or Advertiser.
(even if there is a real Advertiser, the person can re-register themselves with another Profile).

Hi Chin Leng,

My account has been banned in SgBrides few months ago.
I have dropped you few emails in regards to my SgBrides account, however there is no response from you.

Could you pls reactive my SgBrides for me?

Both SgBrides and SgMotherhood has been so great and I enjoyed it.

Thanks,
Mango

Hi Chin Leng,

I suffered the same fate too, suspended from sgbrides for a wronged reason. And i too have sent you guys an email but have yet to get any response. Pls do not try to brush us aside like this. Its not very polite and very unprofessional especially when you may have wronged us for the reason we were suspended.

I also share the same sentiments with Kerene above. Pls take some effort to verify your reason for suspending our account. Or at least give a warning before you do anything. So that forum users get a chance to explain themselves or stop future postings (some of which we didnt even know is wrong).

Its very rude to just cut people off like this. Even if you meant to weed out advertisers this way, its also not a very good method since advertisers can simply apply new different ID and email address. Then you have to weed again? Whats the point of that and getting your forum users upset and angry esp when wronged suspension, when you cant effectively weed out advertisers anyway?

<font color="0000ff">Hi Chin Leng,

There is no response from you still. Would appreciate if u can response on this matter.
Kindly check and would like to activate my Sgbrides account at the soonest.

Thanks,
Mango</font>

carole- thanks for info but i have mailed more than 3 times to the email address few month ago, however there was no reply.

Mango

mango, oh dear. you would like to check the posting you have made. they usually wont suspend for no reason

hi mummies, let me offer my views :

kerene, it's v difficult 2 determine whether a mummy is a buyer or an advertiser. thr's no way 2 investigate 1. 1 way which they determine whether d mummy is a buyer or an advertiser is by d no. of postings which d mummy had made. if a new mummy posted 2 recommend a website, alarm bells wld ring. thus i hope tt u can understd y u were suspened. if u feel tt u had been wronged, u can email CL or BL & asked them 2 reinstate ur a/c, which u had oledi done so.
happy.gif

mango, pls b patient as i believe tt CL & BL r v busy these days. as thr had been more postings recently due 2 more users, d servers r oveloaded. thus they need 2 'fine tune' d forum.
happy.gif

maplebabies, pls refer 2 my reply 2 mango above. in addition, i believe tt it's nt tt CL or BL dun wan 2 give any warnings. it's coz thr r 2 many postings tt needs 2 b suspended & oni 2 ppl doing all d wk. thus i hope tt u can understd their restrictions. if u hv been suspended wrongly, pls email them & let them noe. if they dun reply promptly, it's nt tt they wan 2 brush u off, it's jus tt they r short handed. pls b patient.
happy.gif

Hi mommies, my account also suspended and it's coz of a bulk purchase I was trying to organise but i placed it under "WTS" section, thinking that mommies-to-be will also view the section. so someone "kindly" told me to place it under bulk purchase section and i did that, then my account got suspended.

i hope chin leng/bee lee can investigate and hopefully re-activate my account. i'm usually a buyer, occasional spree organiser cos' i order items from old navy & gap, only occasionally selling my gal's shoes and some kids' items coz' she's fussy and refuses to wear some I bought for her
happy.gif

Juz hope that they'll

I also got email Chin Leng few times, no reply so no choice, created new name .. informed other fellow forumers .... otherwise they thot who the hell I was!

till now still dont know why suspended. Blocked is suspended not banned right?

Y moderator didnt answer emails. I know they busy but anyhow just block ppl ...
kao_confused2.gif

By posting this msg, will get suspended/banned not? I dont want to create another email ac just to get a new ID here ... troublesome!!

hi nokia,
i believe tt ur prev nick is watamommy. if i remembered correctly, d thread which u mentioned abv is 2 buy some maternity t-shirts or something rite? mayb d moderators suspected tt u r doing biz here? i tink tt CL & BL r v busy recently as they r short handed. give them more time 2 reply 2 u k.
happy.gif

hi city,
pardon me, in order 2 ans ur qns, i did some searching. ur prev nick is strawberry (angelmum) rite? i believe tt u were suspended coz u were selling ur stuff in d forum. new members who registered after 15 nov 2006 r nt allowed 2 sell anything in d forum in their 1st yr. tt's prob y u were suspended.

how come I didnt sell end up sell? My memory failing? My opening <font color="0000ff">thread was exchange but 'buyer' quoted price and I merely replied via post not PM = sell?? </font>

ppl REALLY selling got gently reminders. some purposely post in WTB as sell. Also got ppl sell in free items ....

Never mind, since already using new ID. unless u gonna block this ID then I no choice lor.

Coming back with a new nick is troublesome. I'm not concerned/interested in being able to legally sell (WTS) by achieving 1yr old. I'm fine with new ID but troublesome to inform forumers.

Vone, you keep saying the moderators are busy and to give them time etc ... you know what? My sgbrides ID is still suspended up till now. Check my last post and you will see, i been waiting for months! Sorry, i think its no longer waiting becos they are busy. But simply, they have chosen to ignore and just suspend without investigating or asking for clarifications or even puttings things right after i explained myself. How professional. Anyway, good thing is i am not hard up for the ID anymore.

Oh, by posting here to you, will i get suspended here? If i do, it just go to show how unprofessional things can get to be.

city,

if u feel tt u r wronged, then u can email 2 CL & BL 2 reinstate ur a/c.

4 those new members who r selling, d oni reason y they had gentle reminders is coz d moderators r 2 busy 2 notice d thread 2 remove it. thus some mummies will post in d thread 2 'remind' them tt they r nt allowed 2 sell. as 4 those who post in WTB or free items only sections, it's a matter of time tt d thread is removed.

Vone - I like the nick angelmum ... cos has a special meaning but never mind, since already using new ID + that old ID less den 2mths old ... no need to fight la (got email CL directly)!

Just felt a bit unfair to be blocked suddenly with no 'friendly reminder' nor explanation.

Hi all,

I'm sorry that we've been slow and sometimes non-responsive to the requests or email enquiries. The truth of the matter is: we've been really really very busy. We are planning to upgrade the server and this time, the upgrade will be a very major upgrade so that it can cater to future growth of the community. It is to also prepare that the new server architecture can cope for the future features where we've been planning to implement. This decision was not taken lightly as it will cost a lot of money and we've limited resources. It is a catch-22. We can only do one: employ more support staff or upgrade the servers. We've chosen to upgrade the server instead.

As some of you may have noticed, the community has continued to grow but the number of advertisers in the directory has not increased. Why? That's because many business providers chose to abuse the forum instead. That's why we have no choice but to continue to police the forum as best as we can. We are glad to have some business providers who have chosen to advertise with us or users who have paid and organised BP in the forum. However, the income from this avenue is not enough to sustain SingaporeMotherhood.com. We are currently relying on the revenue from other areas to support the continuous running of SingaporeMotherhood.com. We are doing this because we believe in the community and want to continue to provide for the genuine parents and parents-to-be here. If it was a pure business decision, it would have been easier just to shutdown the forum.

Many times, the moderators have to rely on their own judgement to make the decision. It may not be perfect but this has serve us well. Some of you have suggested that we should send a prior warning email. I've mentioned before, this method does not work as there were many users who ignored our email and went ahead to spam more messages in the forum. This ended up creating more work for us and took up even more of our limited time. We try to serve the best that we can to as many people as we can, but I've learnt that we can't please everyone. I'm sorry but we just have to do the best we can.

Some of you have said that there isn't a point in suspending users' account as they will just recreate another one. So does that mean we shouldn't do anything and let the them run amok in the forum? It would be a sad day if we choose not to do anything at all; that would mean we have given up! If another account is created and used to violate the terms of use again, we'll just have to ban again. If we don't do anything, do you think in future, we'll have any advertisers who would be willing to pay to advertise here?

We are basically running on a very tight budget, and we have many duties and responsibilities. Our responsibilities does not involve in just running SingaporeMotherhood forum. We do have to ensure continuous revenue from our current projects. Like many here, we've mouths to feed and responsibilities to our own families and children.

Finally, to find out the reason why your account was suspended, please send an email to [email protected] instead to [email protected]. Daily, I've hundreds of emails and I'm sorry but inevitably, your email queries to me will be buried among the many emails. In fact, emailing to me will take longer (sometimes never) to receive response. I'm sorry but really, there is only one me.
kao_biggrin.gif

I know we are not perfect but we are really doing our best we can with the limited time and resources. I hope everyone remembers that behind the forum, it is a team of human beings with feelings, who is not so different from you. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Chin Leng, thanks for responding. I just hope whatever actions you guys take, do remember that while there are fervent abusers deserving of being suspended/banned etc, there are users who genuinely were misunderstood or genuinely made a mistake which we wouldnt if we knew.

Vone, thanks. But no thanks, i no longer need the ID anymore. Its not the loss of that ID but the way things were being managed that made me really disappointed.

hi i am toy collector registered since July 2006 with over 1300 posting but i have been suspended without notice.. Can some one pls help me?

thanks. I know i dunno what's wrong with loaning out my toys. to clear space while waiting for a second child to come by. My rates are really low (1-3 for 6 mths) and maybe i will sell them ( which i am allowed since i am regiistered since july 2006) if they are really taking up too much space and no takers to loan. it is a goodwill gesture n not profit making biz..

as u can see i participate in matters of the heart and WTS section too and so far i have made many gd friends.. i have in the past lend my bks n toys to mums in SMH.

I am very disappointed by what has happened..I clearly stated in my thread that it is for cheap cheap rate n 1 condition they must keep my toys clean.. it is me letting them borrow my toy collection and helping me store for a few mths to unclutter my house a bit..

Moderator appreciate it if you could check before suspending . I would appreciate it if u could reactivate my account ..thanks

here is my old profile
Username: Toy_collector
Full Name: toy collector
Last Logged In: September 27, 2007
Total Posts: 1333

Hi Toy_collector,

As long as you are charging a fee in renting your toys, regardless the amount, I'm sorry but it is viewed it as running a business. We've users previously using similar ruse to attract members to enquire about their business. You may be sincere in your offer but there will be others who abuse our trust and goodwill. As such, we will suspend such activities and solicitation regardless of the member status. If you would like your account to be reinstated, please email us at [email protected] as further clarification is required. Thank you.

Hi Chin Leng

thru this web i have known some mums and i did not even charge them a cent when they borrowed my toys. so i thou maybe before i lend them for those i dunno at all it might be safer to ask for a small token in order that the toy is returned..I believed setting up this forum is to allow mums to make friends which i am doing..

I hope u understand what i am doing before suspensing me..thank you.

Hi Toy_Collector,

We've setup this forum (hopefully portal in the near future) on our own funds for parents and parenets-to-be without requiring members to pay a single cent (except business listing and organising of BP).

As explained in my previous post, I hope you understand why your account was suspended, thank you.

Like I said, if you would like your account to be reinstated, please email us at [email protected]. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

hi
my old nicks were being banned twice.
Had email many times to moderator to ask y suspended cos I dont recall pure selling. I gave options to exchange in the free item section. Mod CL/BL simply dont answer.

I rather u create a thread where all the banned/suspended ppl r told y kicked out n upload pic as proof. Even though ppl say create new nick very easy but very troublesome to me.

CL mentioned "If you would like your account to be reinstated, please email us at [email protected] as further clarification is required" - 2nd nick being banned last wk n still no reply on y 1st (since May07) & 2nd nick being banned.

I see a number of users purposely log in to sell illegally - normal discussion threads, free items and in wtb. They get to sell their items w/o being blocked at all ... as mentioned in my emails, this is double standard/unfair. U may say u r busy but being busy from May till Nov (5mths) is too much!!

I didnt want to raise this issue but u didnt want to reply my emails, I hv no choice but to ask here.

quote this fm maplebabies
<font color="0000ff">Vone, thanks. But no thanks, i no longer need the ID anymore. Its not the loss of that ID but the way things were being managed that made me really disappointed.</font> Also if Mod bother to scroll up, u will know what's my 1st nick.

den how come ppl sell illegally and <font color="ff0000">specifically stated amt in the threads (didnt indicate exchange at all) </font>was able to get their way thru - means sales completed while mine disappear in just few hrs .... pure illegal sellers could hang around for wks!

<font size="+2">Double standard!! UNFAIR!!</font>
<font size="-2">quoted fm Carole Ng "u too said u added the word CASH. maybe this will give urself a clearer picture why ur acct is suspended."</font>
Seeing my posts number would at least let Mod know I'm not a PURE SELLER cos I also participate in discussions!!

if Mod can give the excuse of overlook thus illegal sellers appearing n gone undetected SO CAN I - use the same excuse of overlook/blur!

<font color="0000ff">Mod can give yourself many chances/excuses for not doing a gd job Y CANT I DO THE SAME?</font> I can also say I busy till overlook, I also got many things to do, I also not getting any profit cos cant sell only exchange (usually at a lose), my boss never pay me OT so no point working so hard on SMH ....... plenty excuses for ppl who doesnt want to do a proper job.

By pointing out all these, I know my ac will be suspended AGAIN! This time not becos I'm a seller but for not understanding the difficulties of a Mod.

example: selling at wtb
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/451986/1072959.html?1195087484
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/451986/1072957.html?1195087356

posted around 8.42-8.44am today

so many hrs pass but not removed but mine was gone, including ID suspended in just few hrs

this user (less den 1yr old) selling on November 07, 2007 - 12:17 am
Given <font color="119911">Green light to sell by Mod</font>
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/451986/1059277.html?1194365857

if the thread is not being highlighted to the Mods, they will not be able to know. You can email the MODs to tell them and highlight the relevent thread.

If the thread is really WTS in FRee Items or even in WTB, i am sure they will remove. ALso give them sometime as they dont depend on this forum to earn a living. They too have full time job and another forum to manage too.

Hi angelmum,

I apologise for the delay in responding.

I regret that your account is suspended as you have put up items for sale in "Free Items Only" section. Exchanging for cash or vouchers is as good as selling, right?

I will also like to seek your understanding that it takes longer for us to spot those threads and to take action as it is impossible for us to examine all threads at the point of posting. However, once threads are being highlighted to us and investigations have been done, the same and appropriate actions will be taken.

Regards
Bee Lee

hi bee lee,

my acct was banned with no explanations last sept. i emailed chin leng and yourself several times, but have yet to hear from anyone about this. i'm truly baffled why my account was suspended and why no one is responding to all the emails that i've sent out.

at that point in time, i was trying to sell some coach bags for a friend and a 2nd hand nursing wrap. nothing illegal coz dozens of mums are doing the exact same thing! this suspension has been very troublesome because i now cannot post on the overseas thread.

i hope you can get back to me on this. PLEASE!
happy.gif

Hi Chin Leng,
I would appreciate if you can get back to me why my account is being suspended in Singapore Motherhood. Have emailed but got no response. Thanks.

Ladies
pls be more understanding to Chin Lee and Bee lee.
They are really making effort to reply your emails and making changes to the forum.
Imagine hundreds or thousands of emails flooding your account and each requires attention and explanation.It is impossible to reply each and everyone of you. All these require time to investigate and check.
If u are selling some items, pls kindly post on the Want to sell Topic. DO not flood other topics with similiar threads. This will make ease for others, making the forum neater and you will not get suspended.

Dear All,

I just want to share with you my experience of being suspended recently. Early this month, I saw 1 mummy posted on the WTS thread to share to buy AMOSCO at a location convenient to me. So since my dd wants to eat the eclairs/profi, I posted on her thread indicating my interest. For the next few days, there were no response from her so I emailed her. She then told me she got problem accessing SMH and also that she's no longer getting from AMOSCO. Thus, since I'm keen to get AMOSCO and saw that there're already some mummies who are keen as well, I volunteered to take over the ordering so as to share the free delivery.

Very unfortunately, I was suspended and the reason Bee Lee has given me is that this is deem as a Bulk Purchase due to there's no listed price in AMOSCO website and also the fact that purchase is indeed made in bulk.

So mummies out there, pls be careful sharing purchases with other mummies. Although I do not make anything out of it, just the convenience of having a free delivery, this is deem as a BP.

And I also want to say a BIG thank you to Bee Lee who has been very patient with me, explaining the reason why I am suspended and what actually constitutes a BP, which I really am appreciative.

Thus, hoping that less mummies get suspended due to ignorance, I decide to share my experience.

Hi, my account was recently suspended and I was still puzzled as to why it happened. But after reading the above I begin to understand. I have posted some items for exchange on the free items section then when mummies revert to me and they did not have what I wanted for exchange, they offer me cash instead. Since I really want to clear these items and other mummies want to buy as well (as I only ask for a much lower price than the dept stores), I am ok with cash. This is a win-win situation. I am sure the other mummies I dealth with are happy abt the deal as well. I think that it is a pity that this forum cannot help in this way. Also, I dont only post my items for sale, I buy from other people who post for sale as well (and also in the WTB or free sections). That's why I thought it was ok. Otherwise there are some other mummies who post for exchange but ask for cash when I PM them. Hmm, so is this a way to get round the rules?

I am sorry that my posts have became for sale items but I really thought it was ok because there are so many others who are doing the same. For example, pp selling their forumla for only $10 a 400g tin? I also bought from them in the free items section and the WTB section. How come those pp are not suspended? I am not here to ask for their accounts to be suspended, I am just wondering what's the difference?

I also take part in BP and also other discussion threads, like for eg, recommendations for paediatricians, gynaes, even part time cleaners and replying emails to mummies who ask for my domestic helper's number. Hmm, this is my form of "active participation". I think that to gauge active particpation by looking at the number of posts is not correct - if I dont have interest in that topic, why do I bother to go into that discussion? and of cos, there are many mummies who commented that some people posts unconstructive messages just to up the number of postings. Furthermore, forum is so addictive, if I were to participate in many topics I wont be able to do my work and take care of my bb.

I created this new account just to add in my comments and views on this. My previous account was already almost one year old and I was so happy and excited that I can finally post in the WTS and Overseas spree section. Like other mummies who mention, I want to participate in the overseas spree but cant! These rules have been so limiting and I have been frustrated and waiting patiently for a year. Now my previous account is gone and I have since sent emails to the moderator without replies. So I am very disappointed now that if they dont ever reply to me, I will have to wait another year before I can join in the overseas spree. I hope the moderators can be fair in blocking people's account. There was no warning or checking with us before a suspension and I think that is very unpolite and unprofessional, like what Maplebabies have mentioned earlier. Even if there is a suspension, there should be an email to inform us, giving us a reason too. At least we can give an explanation and work something out. The current situation is - there is no one there who answer your email and you are still hanging in the air, not knowing exactly what had happened.
I am impressed by the huge number of mummies that this website or forum has gathered. Though I dont always participate in discussions, I enjoy reading the posts when mummies share their recipes for porridge etc. It had taught me alot but now am quite disappointed in this website and not sure if it is worth surfing it again. Like the moderators suspending people's account, as if we are unworthy of this website. Very disappointed =( I hope Chin Leng or Bee Lee will read this thread and contact me.

Hi Keer,

Please advise your username or you may want to email me at [email protected]. Without knowing your username, I won't be able to comment on the reason why your account is being suspended.

Regards
Bee Lee

Hi Leng Leng, many thanks for your post =)
I have emailed them quite a number of times but no replies at all. But Bee Lee has alr replied after your post, so will email her again. Thanks again.

Hi Ben Lee, was wondering if members are banned for reasons other than advertising?

Was appalled at the extent of flaming in one of the BP-related threads in this section (which was removed today, thanks!). I'm sure other such threads (and members) exist.

Will there be any warnings given to troublemaking members, or any cancellation of accounts?

Yellowpower I was shocked as well to the extent of personal attacks and verbal abuse when I was reading it early this morning. I think the moderators should act on the closed thread.

The said party condemned members specifically targetting at us 'married woman' after having kids lose our humour getting stressed over such small issue. Calling everyone Obasan, lao auntie, etc...! Though I was not part of the petty war I felt it was rather offensive to call someone illiterate and even linked the person up to IMH website for medical help. This person has offended the majority of the members in this forum. I am sure the moderators themselves are married with kids... Do you feel offended?

Hi yellOwpOwer,

Yes, we do suspend account for other reasons as well. Intentional defaming and frauds etc...

As for the thread that you highlighted, I think it is anger got the better of one that those awful words got out. The last posting I saw was to make peace so I think the abuse wasn't intentional and the matter is over.

Jacque,
Yes, we are all married with kids. I don't feel offended but I do agree that those are uncalled for and not very nice. As said, I think these are words blurt out of anger so lets stay calm and let it pass.

Having said that, lets all be mindful of what we typed so that we have a forum to relieve and NOT addon to our stress.

Regards
Bee Lee

Hi Bee Lee,

My account was suspended and there is no notice or advise on " resolved" part. I had sent serveral mail to you and the moderator... but does not seem to get any reply. Appreciate your help to inform moderator to reply my mail or at least let me know why is my account being suspended.

In addtion, I had paid for the BP at SGD25 on Monday. But have not get any reply from you or the motherhood in charge.

Hi Bee Lee,

I just come to realise that you are the moderator when I PM you. Pls help to resolve or at least reply to my email.

was my account being block because I was selling my item cheaper than the BP... ? Was my account being suspended till the BP is over ( to be fair to those post in the BP)? pls advise.

Hi Bee lee,

I had reply to you mail previously. Appreciate your help to start the thread for my BP. As I know the thread can only be start on monday-friday as indicated. Pls kindly help to put up the thread asap as I have been waiting for around one week already...

My old ID was suspended but how come ppl can still PM me?

They really PM not email (my email is visible too)

not sure if this thread is still active...

i wanna share my suspension moments..
i saw that a BP was failed due to the organizer. no actual stocks then she accept monies frm mummies to get mooncakes.
my fren works in GWP. she emailed me corporate pricelist. i am not keen at all. but i saw that many ppl got disappointed when the BP failed and mooncake festival was in 2wks' time.
therefore i suggested ppl email me for orders. for those who paid the organizer and had refunds.
i did not accept new orders.. only those few.

and i did state that my aim is not to do a BP. it's purely out of help. i din even order for myself.

i opened a thread in WTS forum. adding a statement that if the thread is deem to be a BP, pls remove the thread. but the moderators removed the thread AND SUSPENDED my ID. up to now also NEVER reinstate.
how to reinstate?

i emailed them so many times. they never reply... so i juz recreate another ID. cause it's a waste of time waiting for them to reply. juz like talking to a piece of wood tat does not respond back.
sad.gif

Back