Applications for toddlers? Need advice

Daria

Modern children are so keenly interested in all new and so quickly master technologies that, having barely learned to walk and talk, they are already asking for a mother’s phone or father’s tablet to play.

Are there any colorful applications that will help to entertain a toddler and spend time with benefit to both kids and their parents?

I've already tried some:

1. Abstract painter for kids
2. PicsArt for Kids
3. Kids coloring book: Princess
4. Kids Doodle

But they are all mainly connected with developing painting skills. Can you recommend smth else? Maybe puzzles or musical apps...

My son is 20 months and I will not let him any access to IT gadget at any point of time including eating. So what I did was to buy a writing board for him and will spend time drawing trains, animals, etc and at the same time will teach him about the object/animal I'm drawing e.g. when I'm drawing a train, I will tell him this is a train and ask him what does the train say and he will go "choo-choo~~" I will buy a colouring book for him also and from then, we will colour together and he love it. So if time permit, I will bring him to the playground to play also. So far, I've got no issue and he won't ask for any IT gadget while we are out eating and etc... But I won't totally stop him from watching TV showing Thomas and Friends and etc and the maximum will be 30mins per day... no more than that

@Jel1992 Three cheers for you!!! Great determination.

it is v upseting to see kids looking at their phone, while the old folks stare into the blank while adults talking. the kids dont get to learn patience and listen.

@Daria i let my son play tetris, it helps him to plan. some music apps allow kids to play music, guess u can play with the kid too.

actually depending on how old is ur kid. too young prob can play mainly drawing and painting.

Back