Anyone with short cervix or cervix insufficiency?

HY_Mummy

Hi, looking for mummies that have short cervix or cervix insufficiency.
Anyone done any procedures etc for it? Pls share Ur knowledge and dr's name for referrence?

Me! I had a cerlage (not sure the spelling correct) done for my 2nd bb in 2009. I was into my 21 or 22 week when the procedure was done. Thereafter I was ordered complete bedrest all the way till delivery. I had the suture removed at week 37 and I delivered my gal on the very same day.
My gynae had told me that I would need a cerlage done as early as 12 weeks if I ever conceive again... Now I'm into my 6th week pregnancy but haven't seem my gynae yet...

Do you have cervix incompetence too?? How many weeks pregnancy r you?

Hi,
I am now at 22 weeks. Mine is 2cm without dilation yet. Doc not doing cerlage on me. I am worried.. Am I consider as cervix incompetency?
I am wondering if I should ask to do it..? Now I am in complete bed rest too.. Haven't move since 20 weeks ( cos measured as 2 cm since 20 weeks).
I am so worried about it. Wondering if I can last without doing any surgery till 38 weeks...

Mine wasn't dilated yet. Thank god. But it was shortening... I cannot remember how short le... After some calculation, my gynae proposed that I had the cervix stitched up so that I can tahan till full term... My gal was delivered on 37+1week.. Considered full term lah. My gynae is Dr Suresh Nair at Mt E Novena. Previously he practiced in Mt E.

For my eldest same thing happened but at week 30 only it started to shortened so too late to stitch... Bedrested from week 30-37. Also gave birth to my son at week 37+1. Both heathy babies. I credit it to my gynae. :)

May I know how u ladies find out that u have short cervix or cervical insufficiency? Did ur gynea check during regular check ups?

I asked my gynea to check but she told me that it is nt necessary to check before week 20. I'm still very worried cos I've been losing mucus with abit of blood. But gynea told me that it is alright.

Back