Anyone with babies having big head ?

karenthk

Hi

My son is now 20 months, and his head size has been in the 97th percentile for at least the last two checkups. Height is around 25th percentile & weight around 90th percentile.

He just started walking and not yet talk. Doctor mentioned his development is slow. Propose to do MRI.

Checked internet, maybe hydrocephalus, am very worried.

Any one with similar experiences can share.

Hi. My son's head has always been in 97 percentile since birth. He is now 14 months old. He is now cruising,but not able to walk on his own yet. He's also not talking yet,although he babbles. I myself has been quite worried, his development milestone is a little behind his peers. I'm observing him now. Hopefully he's just a late bloomer.
Do you or your spouse has a big head also? I heard big head is hereditary. My son's head should be like his dad. His dad has a big head,cant wear normal cap during his childhood.
Does your son babble? Does he point or pull you to get what he wants? You may try to get his hearing tested.

Hi mummies,

My younger son was at the 99th percentile. He is now 18 months old. In fact, he had his developmental milestones faster than his older brother who has a big head too. My older son is at the 90th percentile.

When my younger son was 14 months, he can neither walk nor talk. Now at 18 months, he can call most of his family members and he can say words like egg, hot, ball and teacher. He does not walk now. He runs!

When my older son is 2.5 yrs old, he only knew how to call papa. He started walking at 2 yrs old too. The doctors were worried. I too was worried he has autism. I sent him to a private speech therapist. She eliminated the possibilities of him having ADHD and autism. Now he is 4.5 yrs old. Development wise, he has blossomed so much. Development wise, I can say he has surpassed some of the kids his age. Some kids just develop at their own pace.

The doctors did not suggested MRI but my younger son went to ultrasound when he was 6 months old to eliminate the possibility of him having hydrocephalus.

Back