Anyone Staying at Bukit Panjang or nearby?

hi zestless

i m staying at blk 520 do you think you can collect the item this coming sunday?

oh if you want to do pv den had to write in this yr already and will start next july for about a yr to qualify for the pv.so had to start planning lo..

Hi Emsam, Oh dear, missed out the Sunday collection. Can I get it from you this Sunday instead? Sat also can or anytime next week
happy.gif

Good thing you reminded me of the registration. Can't believe it's that soon I have to check out school for my girl. She has not even turn 4. hahaha.. I was trying to get int MOE website to check out the enrollment numbers of schools in the different phrases, but seems they have cleared most of the data.
sad.gif

Hi J_popo.. how old is your girl? If you browse thru' the archive of this thread, you should be able to find out more info of all if not most of the schools you have listed coz they have all been discussed before
happy.gif

hi hi,
long time never post in this thread also...
I enrolled my son in pcf 528 premium class next year.
I heard that the nearby school, greenridge primary still need balloting.
I was quite shocked cos it is a neighbourhood school. Thot shld have ample space.

Hi everyone,
Can I join in this thread?

I am a mother of 15 month girl. I stay at Blk 177. Currently on no-pay leave but will return to work next yr so looking for a good childcare for my girl. Anyone has any recommendation?

I prefer childcare centre with garden where children can run around and play, non aircon, caring teachers and good and interesting programs (am I asking for too much?)

I've short listed cherie hearts cashew and gombak, agape my playhouse, learning ladder, st joseph church, gloryland and the children's campus. Not sure whether these are good. Haven do my recce yet

I read through the thread and saw that mummies are signing kids for music and ballet. May I know what is the mim age? Cos my girl enjoys music and movement. Whenever she hears music she'll sway her body and wan to dance. So thinking of signing up for music and dance class too.

Hi zestless

no pro u can collect this sunday, jus let me know the time most convenience to u..

hi fatmamalove
my gal is doing nursery at blk 528 too..but i guess the premium class is too long for her so din enrol her for tat..
talk abt greenridge, how good is the standard there? i think we are so near to the sch so i suppose we don need to ballot ba... so which sch are u planning for ur child?

hi zestless_mummy,

my girl is 30mths now. Was previously at kinderland bangkit. but withdrew her out recently becoz she kept falling sick for the past 7 months. Doctors advised to withdraw her out completely. Sighz... So now have to find another school for her next year and preferably non air-con now.

Will go thru the archives one by one. Still cant decide which to enrol for her as there are too many to choose from. Tot of st joseph and BPMCK, but seems like no one feedback on these.

Hi Emsam, Please pm me so that I can get your mobile number and I can give you mine for arrangement on sunday
happy.gif

HI j_popo.. it's normal for kids to get sick in childcare due to the number of children there in a small confined area. When her immune system strengthen, she'll be fine. But I understand your concern as I've gone through that too and now my girl is in better health after out of the childcare. Anyway, heard BPMCK is pretty good but costly. A neighbour kid studies there, but only in a 2 or 3 hr program. As for St Joseph, so far nothing good or bad heard.. You can also try learning ladder.. pretty good but costly too. Just pay a visit to each of the school you are keen, observe the teachers and environment. You'll be able to see for yourself. Maybe that's better?
happy.gif

Dear j_popo

Where are you located? If you looking for whole day program then can try YMCA or Ichiban. Both have non air con and very clean. Very reasonable priced. There is also another YMCA near petir road that might be good. Did not check this out. checked out the YMCA and Ichiban one. Very impressed.

METROPOLITAN YMCA CHILD CARE & DEVT CENTRE (BUKIT PANJANG BRANCH) 217, PETIR ROAD, #01 - 385, SINGAPORE 670217

hi zestless_mummy,

think learning ladder is much more expensive? i prefer 3hrs daily program. I cant take too much leave to go down visit each of the schools as im working full-time. So try to gather more info and recommendations here before i go down visit a few selected ones. Im thinking if i should choose the cheaper one and then give her some other enrichment classes or pick one more ex with a better curriculum.

Hi Pam,
Both YMCA and Ichiban is childcare? no 3hrs program? i can put my child to half day chilcare too. but coz to me childcare is like more for them to be independent and alot time is waste in getting them to eat, bath, etc... Will check them out. Thanks!

hi J_popo.. yup, my thinking is the same too.. that's y I put her in pcf now and the money saved is being put in enrichment
happy.gif
FYI, YMCA is very cheap.. after subsidy is $195. Teachers are kind but very minimal learning. If you have some one to take care of her, I would suggest not childcare. My girl picked up lots of bad habits there and took me a while to them corrected. But if want childcare, a better childcare.

hi zestless_mummy,

I have my mum to take care of her. but my mum feels that 3hrs is too short for her to do her own things. I feel 3hrs just right as my girl falls sick frequently so i dun want put her so long at school.

Do u know about Appletree? Is it similar to PCF? And my mum suggest me to put her in Bt panjang cc smiling stars. So will be thinking for these few places.

Hi Emsan,
oh really, what class your girl is in?my boy is in champ bear.Tomorrow they have a field trip to the zoo and I am letting my boy go.
My choice will be greenridge primary cos its so near to our house n also I saw that they have a lot of extra circulum activities which I like.
If so suay didnt get in will have to try beacon or other area liao.
How abt u?

Hi fatmamalove

omg, my gal is in champ bear too...she is samantha..oh dear...maybe we met b4 haha...let me guess...is ur son cavan?

i always tot greenridge standard isnt very good but i think i m wrong u know cos last week i met a sec1 gal in nan hua high sch..so i asked her which sch is she fm and she mention greenridge so i ask her her psle result and she got 248..so curiously i tot perhaps she is the best in her p6 class so i asked her how many of ur frd in ur class got 200 and above and she was so shock...she answered say "all my classmate got 200 and above" wow....i din know their standard is so good lei hee

Hi all mummies,
May I know the ichiban which so many say is good is ichiban kiddie kollege at senja rd blk 631 issit? Cos when I searched the web, there's another ichiban montessori at hong san. So just want to make sure i choose the rite one =P

Also, may I know what is the rate for 18months childcare there?

Hi, mummies,

I am looking at either a half-day childcare for my 19mth boy or a 3-hr class for him too. My boy is currently looked after by my mum at Hong San Walk (CCK Ave 1) I will be taking a look at Learning Vision in Sunshine place and also Ichiban Montessori too, maybe during this week or next week. BTW, does MMI have class for kiddos at 18mth too?

hi Emsan,
hahaha yup thats my boy, the biggest in the class, he loves hanging out with samantha...
so the school has good standard..hope it stays that way when our children goes to the school.

hi hoho03

oh really...wow what's ur gal name?

hi fatmamalove

yes they are always playing together and even sit together in the tram during their zoo trip hee..

fatmamalove...
i'm oso aiming for greenridge leh... i hope edi will be eligible when i reg next yr... cos this yr they needed to ballot liao... first time in the school's history...

beacon is oso a very popular school leh... even "hotter" than greenridge actuali... so hor, if cant get into greenridge, then dun even need to try beacon liao.

Hi emsan,
Ya he took pic of her leg..hahaha...not a good photographer.
hi hoho,
so concidence..our children all in the same class...My son also mention pheobe.samatha is a popular girl in the class..kekeke...
Soyabean,
U also going to register edi in the school ar...
thats good, hopefully all our kids can go in..keke..but then do u have to take sch bus to go?
Is it?cos i dun see alot of students in beacon...n its kinda quiet...so cant see from its appearance...kekkee
Maybe just this year needed to ballot cos more children..hopefully next year n the year after next dun need to. If not headache ar...dun think need to go volunteer in neighbourhood sch rite??

Dear Shelyn

We went to 6 kindy and narrow list to three : YMCA, Ichiban and MMI. HB very keen on MMI. Very exp. I more keen on Ichiban. Both YMCA and Ichiban full until next year Jan. So still got time to do research. Did not check the rest because need somewhere very accessible for MIL to go. She very the blur one. have to find kindy near by (wlking distance) or next LRT.

Hi Pam,
I went down to ichiban on sat to give them a 'surprise visit' haha but the principal not in and the teacher dun allow me to go in... so i din get to see anything.

I went to 4 so far and narrowed down to 2: Cherie hearts at Gombak and New Life Church. As I drive, I don't mind if it's not very convenient. Most impt is the environment and teacher muz be good... I hope to take a look at ichiban as well... heard so many pp say it's good so muz be quite good rite

Hi Mummies!!
I haven't visited this thread for a while.
Anyway, I'm thinking of organising a Chinese story telling session at my place (Petir Rd near Petir LRT) for kids about 3-5. One hour. $10 per kid. This lady used to be a chinese teacher.
Weekday.

Anyone interested please PM me your name and contact!
happy.gif

Oh ya, i got 2 gers, 2.5 and 1yo.
elder one is at St Joseph church kindy. Not bad la.
Anyone tried the Bebe Ballet at Crestar in Bangkit before? Any good?

Dear Shelyn

That is good right. You know that they do not let just anyone in. i was also impressed with the security at Ichiban. They have to key in pin to open the door. If you drive, you can also check out the Bukit Panjang Methodist Church kindy. The last time I heard that the waiting list was 1 year. Quite good, I heard.

Hi Pam,
where is Bt Panjang Methodist Church? Is it the one at railway mall?

seems like the church kindy and CC are all quite good hor.

Hi everyone,

Can I re-join this thread? Was here for a while when this thread started, then forgot about this for a long time. Gotta enrol my girl in nursery next yr, so hope to get some advice from Bukit Panjang mummies on this as I see it's the hot topic now. Am considering Glory Kindy, Cherie Hearts at Gombak. Do any mummies have any experience with them? I really liked the envr of Cherie Hearts, and would have signed up with them if not for the transport prob.

Hi bobianah,

I've tried calling St Joseph's to make appt to visit them, but the person (office administrator or receptionist) super unfriendly and super not forthcoming with info over the phone, and it's not once but twice. Her attitude made me kind of not consider the sch liao, tho I've heard good feedback abt them.

fatmamalove...
no leh... according to stats, the number of children born in 2003 is lesser than those born in 2004, so i think next yr will oso be a hot yr. yah... if he goes to greenridge, will have to take school bus. but a few kids ard my area study there, so i guess there's already an existing school bus that serves my area.
happy.gif

hi tuna
long time no see too!
happy.gif

ahhh sorry to hear of you not so good experience with the receptionist! They are not bad...the teachers are actually quite good - patient and kind to the kids. Basically very impt when our kids are so young! I can see that my ger is learning new things too and has improved her social skills. What I like about the school is the environment. The compund is so spacious!

Have u looked at Cherie Hearts at Cashew? Think it's opposite Gloryland?
Or Children's Campus at Almond Cresent?

Hope you find somehing suitable.

Hi bobianah,
Seeing ur post abt St Joseph made me itchy again, haha. Shall call the sch one more time, last chance for them, if it's the same lady with the same attitude and same uninterested voice, shall tell her off
happy.gif
Is ur ger in the morning session? Does she take sch bus? If yes, how much is the transport cost? One thing stopping me from registering with Glory Kindergarten is the distance, am not sure if she'll be ok in sch bus, bit paranoid abt safety issues.
Cherie Hearts at Cashew is small, I think. So din consider them. I like spacious places too.

soyabean,
Huh hopefully not all enrol in that scghool..
thats good, got school bus...
Hopefully comes to my boy turn, it will not be so hot also...must see ar

Hi tuna,
Maybe u can consider Cherie Hearts at Gombak camp? It is also very spacious, bright and airy. I think I will register my girl in their nursery group in Nov.

I did not check out St Joseph although my 2 nieces are in their nursery and kindergarten group (not childcare) cos I read about a few bad reviews about the staff so did not bother to check them out.

Maybe i shd go have a look...

Hi shelyn,

Ya, I've visited cherie hearts at Gombak, love the environment, but cos I oni wan put her half day, I hv transport probs as the sch bus only sends the kids back after full day class. They oredi helped me check with the transport co whether they can do another trip in the afternoon, but the bus uncle said he can't, and that place is realli not accessible enuff for my mum to fetch her after sch on a daily basis. It's such a pity, cos we really liked it.
You plng to place ur girl for full day nursery there ma?

tuna,
Yah my poor girl will be joining the full day nursery cos i m going back to work full time from Jan onwards and there's nobody to help me look after her.

Actually I have a maid who has been with me for more than 1 yr but I still don't want to risk putting her alone with the maid... recently there's a case of an indo maid stabbing a 2yr old girl's back and cutting her wrist even though she's worked there for 8 months. So it shows that it doesn't mean you can trust your maid even though they have worked well for a long time.

Comparing Gombak Cherie hearts and St Joseph, which one do u think has a better environment? I'm a bit lazy to check out St Joseph hehe =P... if the difference is not big I'll stick to Gombak cos I like the big, airy and bright place and the director and teachers there all seem quite nice.

Shelyn,

Me visiting St Joseph's this Fri (finally managed to get an appt thru the grumpy receptionist). Will let u noe abt the envr after my visit. If u need to place ur girl in full day childcare, I think St Joseph is not an option since it's not a CCC right?
Agree wif u abt maids.

tuna,
I think St Joseph also has childcare according to my sis in law whose 2 kids are in their kindergarten. Think they have a school wing and childcare wing.

Hi Shelyn,

Yup, I went last Fri. The principal was quite friendly n forthcoming with info. Nice envr, n u're right, got child care wing. I was really torn betw Glory n St Joseph's, but after much thot, I'll prob be going for Glory. The reason: Glory starts N2 classes on English readers while St Joseph oni starts so in K1. Cos my girl actually likes books n tries to read by using her finger to trail the words as she pretends to read (she recites the books from memory, not that she can read), so we thot go Glory so that her interest can be nurtured from N2. St Joseph rationale is that N2 kids are too young for readers, and their focus for N2 kids are more play n social skills, n not to start too much academics cos it may turn the kids off. My mum used to work in child care, so she preferred Glory slightly in that aspect. But both are good, I think. Go visit la, then u can judge for yourself. Dun let the receptionist turn u off, she really darn rude sia.

I'm having a headache now
I wanted to sign up for cherie hearts few days ago and they told me they're full for playgroup!.. sigh... now looking around again.

I find the cherie hearts at cashew quite small. Not much place to run around. I've went to see Ichiban Kiddie Kollege cos many pp say it's good. It's those void deck kind, also not much space to run around but the in charge and teachers are quite nice. So likely to put her there for time being until cherie hearts has slot for her.

Back