Anyone seen Dr John Yam from Gleneagles?

Dr Yam delivered my daughter in 2010.
He's one of the best doctors I've ever come across - very patient, informative and understanding.
Mine was a C-section due to breech baby and he's very skillful in surgery for I was able to get up and walk around on the very day itself. My wound recovered nicely within 2 weeks and now is not even visible.
I still remembered having to bother him when he was already off-duty on a couple of occasions but he was very nice about it.
Only regret is that I'm stopping at one so won't be seeing him anymore.

Thanks for all the info... I'm currently seeing Dr Yam for my pregnancy. Any idea if Dr Yam only deliver at Gleneagles or any preferred hospitals of my choice?

Dr Yam delivered mine in 2012 at Mount A. I think he's able to do it at NUH too. I'm not too sure, you can check with him. And make sure you check with him and not his nurse/recep, she's rather pushy at getting you to deliver at GlenE.

Dr Yam delivered mine in 2012 at Mount A. I think he's able to do it at NUH too. I'm not too sure, you can check with him. And make sure you check with him and not his nurse/recep, she's rather pushy at getting you to deliver at GlenE.

Thanks Ladydee for the reply. Probably choose Mt A for delivery. Will check with him on my next check up.

Dr Yam delivered my daughter in 2010.
He's one of the best doctors I've ever come across - very patient, informative and understanding.
Mine was a C-section due to breech baby and he's very skillful in surgery for I was able to get up and walk around on the very day itself. My wound recovered nicely within 2 weeks and now is not even visible.
I still remembered having to bother him when he was already off-duty on a couple of occasions but he was very nice about it.
Only regret is that I'm stopping at one so won't be seeing him anymore.

Hi Springleaf, where did you deliver your baby under Dr John Yam?

hi mummies, may I know if Dr John Yam has any clinics at Jurong Point/Taman Jurong for consultation also? Tks.

Thanks springleaf! Dat was fast! ^^
Does he do prenatal appts at his Boon Lay clinic, or it's only done at his Gleneagles clinic?
This is my #2 pregnancy. For my 1st (2010), my gynae was Dr WH Kee...and he had evening consultations at Jurong Pt which was very convenient for me. However unfortunately, he has semi-retired and closed his JP clinic. Now only left with appts at his TMC clinic and office hrs only.

Hi Jopp,
He does all prenatal checks at Boon Lay MRT except the detail scan at 5 months which he'll refer you to NUH.
I managed to find his contact no. for his Gleneagles clinic which you call to make all appointments.
6474 3821

Thanks a million Springleaf!! You've been a great great help! I will contact his clinic today then. ^^
Just curious...so there's no need for any of the consultations to be done at his Gleneagles clinic?

Hi Jopp,
He'll be in the Boon Lay MRT clinic only on certain weekdays and Saturdays after office hours.
So if you want to make an appointment during office hours, you have to go to Gleneagles.

There is one consultation which you have to go down to his Gleneagles clinic. This is the CTG test, where the nurse will hook you onto the CTG machine to monitor for contractions.

I hv been to the boon lay clinic once but I encounter this problem. When I leave the clinic, doc told me he will see me in one month's time but no appt date is given to me. I was told to wait for a call for the next appt but the call never came although it has been more than a month. So I called the gleaneagles clinic and asked the nurse. The nurse said she will only call two days in advance. I told her I didn't received any call at all. She said she did call but no one answer. I said can call again right, she replied rudely that she has been calling. It is not true because I really didn't receive any call and there were no missed calls on my phone. And she is very rude. I wonder should I continue seeing this gynae. This nurse will chase all the customers away for the doctor if she don't improve on her behaviour. HV to rely on her to know when is next appt is not gd.

Last edited:
Dr John Yam is very patient and gentle. I delivered on 9 Mar via normal delivery. His stitching is very skilful too. I could walk about the next day and my wound was healing very fast too. So far I had no problems with his nurse at Gleneagles. Highly recommended.

@boyboygirl So far, my experience was pretty good with them. Did you bring along your appointment card every visit? With the appointment card, the nurse will be able to fix the next following check up with you. They have shifted to a bigger & spacious clinic at Jurong Point recently.

Hi All

I am seeing Dr Yam at Gleneagles office now and he is really nice doctor :)
I can tell he is very experienced and kind to patients, it's also great that the waiting time during office hours at his clinic is very short so I don't have to wait long each time.
For mummies who delivered under him can share the hospital bill for Gleneagles or Mount Alvernia?
What about deposit to pay? Do we have to pay deposit for Dr Yam and to the hospital once we choose the hospital?

For Gleneagles, there is a deposit required.
Dr Yam prefer Gleneagles & if you're choosing 2 bedded or 1 bedded, he will be able to give you some discount ard $200.
Gleneagles cost slightly more than Mt A but after the discount, it cost slightly cheaper than Mt A. If you choose to deliver at Mt A, there will be other visiting charges by him as he need to travel to Mt A instead of Gleneagles.
The nurse did a rough estimation for me, if delivering at Gleneagles, 2 bedded after subsidies via natural with epidural, you will need to top up cash est about 3-3.5k.

Dr John Yam is Good. his stitching is skillful. I delivered my 2 children thru him. he is patient and good..very soft spoken gynae :) well recommend

For Gleneagles, there is a deposit required.
Dr Yam prefer Gleneagles & if you're choosing 2 bedded or 1 bedded, he will be able to give you some discount ard $200.
Gleneagles cost slightly more than Mt A but after the discount, it cost slightly cheaper than Mt A. If you choose to deliver at Mt A, there will be other visiting charges by him as he need to travel to Mt A instead of Gleneagles.
The nurse did a rough estimation for me, if delivering at Gleneagles, 2 bedded after subsidies via natural with epidural, you will need to top up cash est about 3-3.5k.

Oh thanks so much for your advice Xuanyce!
Thats very helpful :)

Hi mummies, i am also seeing Dr John Yam. So far my experience with him is good, till my recent dilemma to choose the birth hospital. The nurse was very pushy for me to choose Gleneagles even though i told her i have decided Mount A. She asked me to reconsider as Dr Yam might not rush down in time if i opt for natural birth. I thought i ll check with the Dr Yam personally about that and he repeated the same thing to me. I agree there s a chance of that happening but the way they emphasized it, it made me feel so uneasy if i go through it without my usual doc as this is my first pregnancy. The solution would be that i opt for C-sec at Mount A or go for Gleneagles.

I am only looking at 1-bedder so under max charges, a normal 1-bedder would cost the same (about $5k)at both hospitals. But in the event that it is full and we need to upgrade to the next category, Mount A would still be $5k but Gleneagles will jump to $8k.

Can i check with any mummies who have delivered naturally at other hospitals and did Dr Yam reach in time?

Hi a_mummy, I am oso under Dr Yam but am in early 2nd tri so yet to confirm on hospital.. From what I know, gleneagles sld be ard 1-2k more ex.. I delivered my 1st in Mt A 1 bedded too so tinking of gg back there...

Hi

My gynae who is based in TMC also recommended that I stay TMC instead of Mt A. Reason being it is easier for him to pop up to check on me once in a while or to attend to me ASAP in case of emergency.

I took his advice and stayed at TMC. True enough, I was induced labour so he popped up a few times in between his consultations to check on my dilation and advised nurses there on level of epidural to administer. If I had stayed in Mt A, he can probably come only when I am about to give birth. And he may not even be able to reach on time cos the Newton area is prone to heavy traffic and Mt A car park was still under renovation so he couldn't park there.

While it is to gynae's convenience for you to stay in the same hospital he is based in, you will also benefit from having your gynae being able to arrive at the fastest speed.

Dr John told me he can deliver at Mt A but in the event if he can't make it on time, it will be another Dr delivering me. This is definitely a turn off factor for me since I've been seeing him for the past 6 months.

I am still puzzled on the bill charges by GE. Nurse told me I will need to top up around $3k++ cash for natural delivery, 2 bedded. My gf who delivered at GE recently, told me she top up around $5k++ cash for natural delivery, 2 bedded but it was not Dr John Yam who delivered her.

So which is which?

I am quite sure Gleneagles is more ex than Mount A, I think for Gleneagles 2 bedded, you can get a one bedded at Mount A. For this time I am still pondering as whether to get 1 bedded or 2 bedded. Most probably will have C section so timing is not a critical issue for my case.

I delivered my boy in Gleneagles by Dr Tham (the dr next to Dr Yam in Gleneagles). However there are 2 visits that i saw Dr Yam instead when my own Dr was travelling for holiday. I find that he is a very patient doctor who never fail to answer all my questions. I had very good impression of him. Though i didn't switch dr (as i am a complicated case patient with occurrence cysts problem therefore i stick to my own dr who knows my history better), i recommend him to my colleagues and my sister.

My sister delivered her boy in March on a sunday early morning. She already scheduled for a c-sec a week later but baby chose to come out earlier than expected. Dr Yam was still very smiley and encouraging when he popped by at wee hour.

I delivered my boy in Gleneagles by Dr Tham (the dr next to Dr Yam in Gleneagles). However there are 2 visits that i saw Dr Yam instead when my own Dr was travelling for holiday. I find that he is a very patient doctor who never fail to answer all my questions. I had very good impression of him. Though i didn't switch dr (as i am a complicated case patient with occurrence cysts problem therefore i stick to my own dr who knows my history better), i recommend him to my colleagues and my sister.

My sister delivered her boy in March on a sunday early morning. She already scheduled for a c-sec a week later but baby chose to come out earlier than expected. Dr Yam was still very smiley and encouraging when he popped by at wee hour.

Hi, may I know for yr sis case did the dr charge extra for 'emergency/last min' c sect? She had contractions bef elective date? Thks

hers was under emergency c-sec as it was sunday early morning. ya... she had contraction before the elective date...
but guess what... i am so happy about it as my nephew ended up having the same birthday as me!

Both my daughters was delivered by Dr John Yam.. So far to me his service is good & evn its early am he did drop by heh

Hi all
anyone still seeing Dr Yam and how much he norally charge per normal visit ? (I mean consultation, scanning and medicine/vitamin)

Hi all
anyone still seeing Dr Yam and how much he norally charge per normal visit ? (I mean consultation, scanning and medicine/vitamin)

Hi
It depends on your visits and if any test was included. Consultation and the usual vitamins and folate costs between $95 to $150.
If have additional tests like blood test etc then it will be charged accordingly. But he's rates are considered very reasonable and not on the expensive end.

I just test on the kit 3 times last Friday and it's all positive. Need to dbl confirm. I had a miscarriage before so kinda worried. But my previous gynea at jurong east not free so I checked around and seems Tt Dr John Yam not bad ya. Just made an appointment with him for tomorrow. Hopes all well~

Hi. Any mummies have the latest charges from dr john yam at his clinic and his delivery fee/ hospital fee at Gleneagles?

Back