Anyone seeing Dr.Hii Hoi Chin@Yishun?

SilahAziz

Hi ladies.I'm already in my 12th week so it's time to really consider the right gynae to deliver my baby.I would like to know if any of you knows of any else's recent experiences with Dr.Hii.Such as if he is pro-natural birth etc.?Or any important facts that I should know.He is on my list of gynae for delivery.

I switched my gynae after going to him. His package is not the cheapest around too. Heard bad reviews about him as well.

Noted with thanks,walkelsewhere!I chose to switch too!!Vry pricey.I've since chosen a gynae in Thompson.Delivery charges are not as steep.

I delivered my first one through Dr Hii via c section. he has a good sitiching skills. but then he wont tell you whether to control your diet or not, so its up to you whether u want to try him or not.

IMG_2639.JPG
I realised no one wrote any answers and I'm going to write to help new moms around Yishun.

Hii clinic is just a few bus stops away and I was nauseous like crazy in first tri. Didn't want to travel anywhere else to see famous gynaes. Taxi fares and car sickness ... no thanks.

I visited during week 5 and 10. First visit $220 + $60 mediciation, second $220. Weekday $30 cheaper.

Week 13, I was offered a package of antenatal consultation and scans. A deposit of $2500.

This $2500 is a deposit towards delivery charge.

-- Normal delivery is $3100 (as of 1 dec 2016)
-- Hospital visit $200 x 3

So you add $3100 + $600 - $2500 deposit = $1200 which u pay remaining balance during delivery

I realised other gynae charge very diffferent. They start off with an affordable package $800-900 and $2000-2500 range delivery charge and $200 for standard hospital visit. So total about the same. Just that you pay now or later.

Just a guide, don't quote me haha

In my 16th week now. So far I find dr hii charges reasonable. His consultation is short and doesn't talk much unless you have questions. 3 Nurses working. Clinic not too small or crowded. Comfortable for me.

Will post when I have actual bill next yr

Last edited:
Went there to confirm early pregnancy once. I also find the clinic assistants unfriendly and mechanical.

I took his package last year november. He did my csection for my now 8 months old son. All is well and all is good. He is surely a little bit more expensive then the average, but not too much I think. Anna is right, he takes his doctor fees upfront so it may seems like his charges are damn high but end of the day you pay that for other gynaes in the hospital.

Take example:
I made a deposit of $2700 at week 12. Paid remaining $1200 (normal consultation, scans, elective csec doctor fee with 3 doctor visits) Total paid to Dr Hii was $3900. However I only paid $2200 in cash after medisave deduction to Mount Elizabeth Novena (single ward with husband stay) when I discharge.

My Friend:
Who went to Dr Ang from Sembawang paid a $800 for clinic package excluding doctor fees, having elective csec, 4 bedded at TMC. Ended up being billed near to 5k after deduction of medisave.

If you compare it this way. He isnt that overly priced right? Though yes, he is still expensive!

As for bad reviews, most gynaes have. So it's about how comfortable you are with it. Like some say Dr Hii doesnt tell you much, which suits my character cause I dont like naggy doctors :)

And yess, one of his nurses is kinda unfriendly~ haha.

I too find the Nurses unfriendly when I first walked in. I actually left and went to woodworth at Sengkang. I heard it was very cheap. Reached there. Long queue, no seats and not sure what's going on. I left. Felt like I wasted 2 weeks not seeing any gynae. I went back to dr hii clinic and felt relieved somehow. When I compare the 2 clinics, I prefer here.

I think the Nurses don't have that wow personality but not that bad. Short hair nurse has a straight face, very process driven and keeps repeating. Sometimes I don't even bother to rely. To be fair. She wasn't unfriendly. As I went there the second time. I realised she's just like that. But first impression really drives you straight out the door lol

I prefer the bigger taller nurse. She has better social skill. Once I felt like they forgot about me on a busy Saturday I stood up to see and count how many who came before me. Before I could, she saw and said I count how many till your turn ok. At least I know I'm not forgotten. She smiles slightly more. On some days when she working front desk alone, she can get a bit kan chiong. But all is good.

Dr hii don't talk much but when I ask he will sure reply. I don't like naggy doc too. I'm slightly below BMI, I have problems gaining weight and glad he didn't stress me at all. Cus I'm really trying my best to eat more

Mayochuu, wow $6100 is my ideal range. But how much was deducted from Medisave? Yours seem very cheap for mt E! I hope going to mount a, total bill gynae + hospital will be around $6k too(after Medisave) for single bedder haha. But I rmb the nurse estimated $7k for me after Medisave. Not sure how true.

Praying no complications and natural birth. Waiting to go mt A tour in jan and ask more about bills and claims.... maybe I will share my bills next may

Last edited:
Hi Anna,

Yes, I am surprised too with my own bill especially when I ask around and know that my friends have about the same as me.

From my bill $4400 was deducted and for my baby's bill about $1350. And my baby was billed for going under the light box for a day for jaundice.

I liked the short hair nurse more actually, think her name is May. Haha! She was more friendly to me then the one you like~ Thou, after a few more visits they actually remember you already they all start to talk more! The malay nurse is nice too. Just, really the first impression.

My BMI was also under when I got pregnant. I think I bombarded Dr Hii will plenty of questions the first few visits! Haha! He answered them all patiently and he doesn't tell you anything not scientifically proven in medical. He says ok to coffee, ok to dyeing of hair, ok to high heels (provided you make sure you wont fall) So I like! Haha

Most importantly he doesn't judge me or try to convince me the other way round when I said I wanted a elective caesarian section. Some doctors are pro natural birth and will persistently persuade you! Which can be stressful for the pregnant woman :(

Hey Mayochuu
Thanks for your reply! I read another thread and realised you delivered at mount e novena. The bill size seems similar or slightly higher to mount a. I'm considering mt e after reading your post! :D

Hey Mayochuu
Thanks for your reply! I read another thread and realised you delivered at mount e novena. The bill size seems similar or slightly higher to mount a. I'm considering mt e after reading your post! :D

Have not been to Mt E Novena, but we've liked Mt A's personal touch. It's also a Catholic hospital so it may be a more familiar environment for Catholics/Christians.

My wife sees Dr Hii. Agree with previous posts that he doesn't say much but will explain if you ask him questions. I've overheard the nurses in the delivery ward mention that he's a gynae who demands high standards from his assisting nurses, & that they try to send the better ones to assist him (this is a positive for us). He gives the air of confidence of someone who knows what he's doing & how to handle situations during delivery, & my wife is pleased with his stitch work.

I went to dr hii back in 2016 for my first son. He is some one i will say very laid back and will answer all your questions.. unfortunately i gave birth prematured.. he was on overseas trip in malaysia. He came back to singapore, had a quick shower (as wad he told me) and came to visit me in hospital immediately still in sandals.

Wouldnt mind to see him again if i’m pregnant with the 2nd one..

And as what the earlier mummies said about the nurse, at first visit they might be abit unfriendly but once u have visited a few times, i find them quite friendly and able to joke around esp the malay nurse..

For convenience, I went to Hii Women's Clinic for my 1st visit in Feb 2020. After reading some reviews, I literally had little to no expectations at all coming in. Just wanted to confirm my pregnancy and all is good in place. For the amount that I paid ($280) and the service I received, I felt utterly disappointed. It was over in 10 mins. Dr Hii barely advised me on anything - just said I could eat anything. Which I'm sure is not the case as well. Really? He barely talked. So if you are visiting, come prepared with a list of questions, if you don't ask, they won't take the time to advise you. Nurses are unfriendly and not empathetic at all. I left the clinic feeling so emotional, considering it was my first pregnancy and was having high levels of anxiety hoping the visit will make me feel assured, but not at all. The scan was done quite abruptly as well. As a first timer, I really didn't know what to expect. Somehow I thought the scan will be on my tummy? But something was shoved up down there, without any warning.. like, "ok this is going to be a bit uncomfortable" etc. I could've relaxed my muscles, so it wouldn't feel like a rude entry. But nothing was said. I've had health screenings done in the past with much better treatment given elsewhere. Lastly, when I enquired over the phone on the costs, I was told it'll be below $200. So I was not expecting a $150 consultation fee + $130 scanning + $3 folic acid supplement cost. No blood test, no other testings done. Anyway, I'm not discouraging anyone from going. Just really manage your expectations. And I wouldn't advise for first time mums to come here.

For convenience, I went to Hii Women's Clinic for my 1st visit in Feb 2020. After reading some reviews, I literally had little to no expectations at all coming in. Just wanted to confirm my pregnancy and all is good in place. For the amount that I paid ($280) and the service I received, I felt utterly disappointed. It was over in 10 mins. Dr Hii barely advised me on anything - just said I could eat anything. Which I'm sure is not the case as well. Really? He barely talked. So if you are visiting, come prepared with a list of questions, if you don't ask, they won't take the time to advise you. Nurses are unfriendly and not empathetic at all. I left the clinic feeling so emotional, considering it was my first pregnancy and was having high levels of anxiety hoping the visit will make me feel assured, but not at all. The scan was done quite abruptly as well. As a first timer, I really didn't know what to expect. Somehow I thought the scan will be on my tummy? But something was shoved up down there, without any warning.. like, "ok this is going to be a bit uncomfortable" etc. I could've relaxed my muscles, so it wouldn't feel like a rude entry. But nothing was said. I've had health screenings done in the past with much better treatment given elsewhere. Lastly, when I enquired over the phone on the costs, I was told it'll be below $200. So I was not expecting a $150 consultation fee + $130 scanning + $3 folic acid supplement cost. No blood test, no other testings done. Anyway, I'm not discouraging anyone from going. Just really manage your expectations. And I wouldn't advise for first time mums to come here.

I had my first visit at other clinic before and its abt the same. Now that i think back, i feel that its cuz our pregnancy still early. Not sure u heard of Dr Ben Choey before, i went there to confirm first pregnancy also and he told me still early cant really see anything yet so he cant confirm if it will be ectopic. I too same like u wanted to get some assurance cux its first pregnancy but end up walking out feeling more worried than before. haha.. I visited Dr Hii in the mid of my first pregnancy cuz i was having some issue and i cant jus change appt or meet my gynae at kk earlier so went to Dr Hii. I find him actually quite ok.

View attachment 667941 I realised no one wrote any answers and I'm going to write to help new moms around Yishun.

Hii clinic is just a few bus stops away and I was nauseous like crazy in first tri. Didn't want to travel anywhere else to see famous gynaes. Taxi fares and car sickness ... no thanks.

I visited during week 5 and 10. First visit $220 + $60 mediciation, second $220. Weekday $30 cheaper.

Week 13, I was offered a package of antenatal consultation and scans. A deposit of $2500.

This $2500 is a deposit towards delivery charge.

-- Normal delivery is $3100 (as of 1 dec 2016)
-- Hospital visit $200 x 3

So you add $3100 + $600 - $2500 deposit = $1200 which u pay remaining balance during delivery

I realised other gynae charge very diffferent. They start off with an affordable package $800-900 and $2000-2500 range delivery charge and $200 for standard hospital visit. So total about the same. Just that you pay now or later.

Just a guide, don't quote me haha

In my 16th week now. So far I find dr hii charges reasonable. His consultation is short and doesn't talk much unless you have questions. 3 Nurses working. Clinic not too small or crowded. Comfortable for me.

Will post when I have actual bill next yr
Hi Anna,
Could you share your actual bill with dr hii? Which hospital you choose to deliver end up?

Dear all,

I only have one concern with Dr. Hii. Can anyone share with me the experience you have with Dr. Hii with C-section? I am quite concern about the cutting area, will it be under the bikini line with a small cut and left a unnoticed scar after that?

Appreciate your reply here. Thank you!

Back