Anyone quit to TCC?

tough

Hi, I'm curious to know if anyone has decided to quit from their job to concentrate on TCC.
I have been married for 8 years and was anxious to start a family. For the past yearts, we have been seeing gynae, chinese sinseh, 2 IUI and even 1 IVF cycle. While doing my IVF cycle, i quit my job so that i can get sufficient rest and be stress free from work. I thought it would be the best plan for me if i manage to STRIKE. However, i was found with ectopic...
I'm quite lost now, whether to go back to work or start FET first?
I hope someone can share with me their experience.

Hi Yaya(tough),
I quit my job last year to concentrate on TTC. We've been trying then for 4 years. After I quit, I had to go for lap surgery to remove some cycts. Then a few mths later I did IVF, which was successful, but was a chemical pregnancy. Lost the foetus at 8 weeks. After that I decided to take a break for a few mths before starting FET, and I got pregnant naturally! I'm now 30 weeks.
Personally, I never regretted my decision to quit my stressful job, so I never thought of going back to work at any point.

Hi athlete, thanks for sharing! I'm just very lost now as friends/ex-colleagues keep asking whether I have start or found a job. They all thought I was crazy to quit without a job and doing nothing at home, especially during this crisis period. In fact, i plan to do FET in Jan 2009.
Can you share with me how you pass the time at home? I try to occupy myself by going to gym, jewellery making and surfing the net.

Hi yaya, I didn't quit on purpose to TTC but something similar la.. guess it's God's will. I was supposed to go on no-pay leave to accompany my hubby for his postgrad studies overseas but due to some issues at corporate level, I decided to resign instead.. went to US and after 1 year of TTC, I got pregnant.. think it was all the stress of work and being in Singapore that made both of us highly infertile. Basically I bummed around..hhahhaha..

But what's impt is to really relax yourself and eat properly for maximum nutrition. Pregnancy is not easy on your body... good luck with the TTC! Now I'm a mommy of 2 rascals.. full-time slave
happy.gif

Hi Yaya,
I actually did some freelance work, during breaks. Lucky for me, my industry is quite easy to find freelance then. I really enjoyed it cos I was working like only 2-3 days a week. The rest of the time, wah, go shopping, spa, mani-pedi! But during cycles, I completely stopped working. In fact, I've stopped freelancing since my 20 weeks preg due to low placenta. At home, yes, can get a bit boring and depressed. But spend the time with the usual stuff, reading, watch TV, surf the net.

Dear Catz & Athlete, thanks for sharing and it really make me feel so much better... I hope to join you ladies soon as a mother

hi yaya, hope you can strike soon... rest well and don't get all worked up.. I know it's hard not to get upset when there are like people falling pregnant everywhere around you. Just stay calm and focused
happy.gif
Baby dust to you!

Hi all,

I am also planning to quit my job, but not to tcc, but once I get pregnant, as I just had a miscarriage, and do not wish for the same episode to happen again..

is it advisable as my partner will be the only one supporting our household? also, his income is only about 2/3 of mine...

A Big Hi to All!

High sensitivity OPKs (20 mIU) and HPTs (10 mIU) at <font color="0000ff">$0.50 to $0.60</font> per strip
Free normal postage > 5 strips, fast delivery guaranteed.

Clearblue Fertility Monitor and 20 sticks @ <font color="0000ff">$220</font>
Clearblue box of 20 sticks @ <font color="0000ff">$46.50</font> (with free HPTs)
Clearblue digital ovulation 7 sticks @ <font color="0000ff">$45.90</font> <font color="ff0000">*in stock*</font>
Clearblue digital pregnancy 2 sticks with conception indicator @ <font color="0000ff">$27.90</font> <font color="ff0000">*in stock*</font>
Special packages incl Pre-seed, Basal Thermometer also available.

Please see my shop at www.bbshop01.blogspot.com for more details or email [email protected]

Hi just want to share my TTC experience. I do agree that sometimes work can be very stressful for TTC. For me, I didn't quit to TTC. But I quit after I got pregnant again for the 2nd time (after a recent miscarriage) as I felt that I could not cope with a new job and morning sickness. I am now at 28 weeks. A job can always be found again... but we only have a small window in our lives where we are fertile.

Back