Anyone manage to lose weight after delivery?

Hi Furryfurry,

I bought it at Blk 715 Ang Mo Kio Central. The shop named is Tay Guan Trading. It is much cheaper. Only #10 per bottle.

thanks olivia,
yup now i really want to try
happy.gif

did anyone live in the west and want to buy it.. can i 'nitip' heehee?

i'm new in singapore, so kind a clueless about this area...

Hi

For those who are keen to try, remember to apply a little bit first. Because it might be too hot for you depending on individuals.

Hi Carnellin,
It is just opposite Ang Mo Kio MRT Station. I think the block opposite the station is Blk 711.

try OSIM iTango. I'm using it to firm tummy & arms. yet to see super firm tummy, must continue for longer period I guess

weight wise I've no issue, now around 51-52kg for 1.61m
it's more of shaping, still trying to reduce the flabby tummy

is it only me or other mommies also experienced the same thing? the bulge on the tummy even after delivering for years. My girl already 3 years old!

Hi. I am trying to lose the 30kg I put on during pregnancy. Does the postnatal massage help? Anyone has good contacts?

J2Rs
How old is your baby? If you are not BF, try VLCD (very low calerie diet), not only lost weight but keep lost.

Hi J2Rs,

I read about a weight loss prog at Changi General Hospital (CGH) in SHAPE magazine and decided to give it a try. Will be seeing the doc at the Sports Medicine Clinic on 1 March.

The programme cost $680 for consultations with doc (4 or 5 times), dietitian (4 or 5 times) and 14 personal training sessions. This programme last for 6 months.

For someone who lack perserverance and hasn't exercise for donkey years,like me, I thought it is quite a suitable programme.

A friend of mine (delivered a baby in July 2006) signed up for Personal Training (PT) with California Fitness. It cost about $90 for an hour of PT. They encouraged her to sign up for at least 3 months, 3 times a week. Total cost = $3240. This excludes the membership fee.

I was about to join her but luckily I saw a cheaper alternative.

Hi Mummies
Well just to share - i delivered my 2nd child last oct......one year after my 1st child - so i got super lots of fats to lose. was 13kg over my pre preggie weight after my 1st baby and never lose it at all and i got pregnant soo after. Lucky i controlled and gained 6 kg only for the whole pregnancy and lost all of it within one month. After i got back to work after 3 months, i was still at a hefty 68kg! though i am tall at 1.67cm - looks very big sized. Then hubby's friend - a doc - recommended some slimming pills (fat burner etc) i lost from 68kg to 60 kg in less than one month.....which means i have only 5kg to lose to get to my pre preggie weight of 55kg......but good enough now that i fitted back to most of my clothes (top is M while bottom is L)
however, it is still a "not so good" method to slim down, having to take pills but it really works for me. Have stopped after taking one month and the rest is up to me reducing carbo and exercising. If you are really concerned about being overweight, perhaps can go to your doctor to seek advice? anyway, the pills cost me about $60 only for one month.

Hi AnW,
Can get the pills from pharmancy or need to go see doctor? Must control diet while taking the pills? Any side effect while taking? Can PM me your doctor's contact?

hi anw
can i know what is the pill name?
i used to take slimming pill but it cost me $30 for 30pills that can last for one mth...
i lost 4kg in the 1st mth..

Hi mummies,

For those who plan to take slimming pill, pls consider again. Before my pregnancy, i did take slimming pills
prescribed by GP. Cheap yet effective. It works by curbing your appetite, makes you full all the time.
But the side effects include depression, insomnia, shivering. I suffered fr depression & took sleeping pills.
However, i managed to get back to normal & healthy lifestyle b4 i got pregnant.

If you are breastfeeding, definitely no-no for this option.

hi, just to share - i tried the bio-essence celebrity's choice range of slimming creams for a month.
not sure if it's really attributed to the products, but i do notice that my pants are slightly looser. colleagues also asked if i've lost weight (now 47kg - not much to lose in the first place for a 1.62m at 49 kg). my original intention of trying the products was to firm the tummy.

Or why dun we gather all mothers who interested in slimmin down to go for aerobics?? Different area different grp? then we can motivate & have fun ourself??:p

Actually i want to slim down but lazy to exercise & no friends to go along & cost constraints so if we were to gather in avg group etc, we can cost down & motivate ourself & see results...:D

Dear mummies,

We've always wanted a short-cut to weight loss but really, it boils down to calorie-intake and expenditure.

As mentioned earlier, I've signed up for the weight management package with Changi General Hospital.

I was lucky to have Dr Benedict Tan (the National ex-sailor) as my doctor. He is very inspiring and gives good advice. I've learnt a lot from meeting him and also reading his book - Fight the Fat (free with the package).

The dietician also taught me about counting calories and reading food labels (now, I think thrice before eating cos' I look at them in terms of the amount of exercise I have to do).

The gym sessions with my trainer have been really good (perspire like mad, work all my neglected muscles). I learnt to use the equipments, how far I could push myself and also exercises that I can do at home.

According to Dr Tan, losing weight is easy - it's maintaining the weight that's difficult.

I've lost 2kg in a month. It may not be much but I've now incorporated exercise into my life and also learnt how to eat healthily. I won't give up my favourite unhealthy food but I do it more sparingly.

May we all lose fat healthily and keep them away for a long long time.

i gain 15kg during my pregnancy but now i'm back to my pre preg weight agan. so don worry. cause aft givin birth, u'll start to have lesser appetite than when u're preg.

I'm still a breastfeeding mother. Currently lose quite a fair bit of weight. Now just need to trim my tummy. Still have 3kg to lose, wear back my jeans. Currently I'm doing yoga & swimming regularly. Have any other ways to firm my tummy?

I agree with all the mommies, breastfeeding really helps. My son don't latch on either and i was expressing milk 4 - 6 times a day for 9 months. And i was back to my pre-preganancy weight in about 4 months.

I gain abt 10kg during my pregnacy.. and i regain back to my normal weight after 4 mths.
I breastfeed for a mth only and i take care of my bb solely by myself for 2 mths.. and i lost weight. I find loss weight easily esp when u hv to take care of every bb needs every min n sec., no enough sleep, no time to eat etc.

Hi,

I put on 14kg during my pregnancy, rite after my boy out, i still got 8kg to lose. After my confinement i put on another 2kg so in total i need to throw 10kg b4 i can go back to my pre-preggie size. I was total bf (express it out), didnt let my boy latch on as i only took 10weeks of ML, remaining 2 wks can be taken within 6 months. However, i lost 7kgs in a month, was back to my pre-preggie size when i return to office and able to wear back all my clothing. I wear a slim pant, i think that helps to trim down my tummy too.

Was 48kg before preggy then up to 72kg just before give birth. 10kg gone immediately after give birth (had bad water retention)....the rest gone in 2 months. Same as noelle74, take care of my bb myself, bf, not enough sleep, no time to eat, only took confinement food for 2 weeks! Weight all gone.

i heard of this new accuputure slimming centre that is opening soon in Marine Parade.. 90days money back guarantee if you did not achieve your desired weight or sth like dat... my frd is workin as a consultant there.. if u mums are interested, i can ask more info from her..

Dear mummies,

I'm the one who signed up for the CGH weight management prog. I've lost 10kg in 14weeks. Already slimmer than before wedding. It's all about eating right and exercising correctly.

I've got friends who went to an accuputure slimming centre. Besides going for the treatments, they were told to eat very little. In fact, when I heard of what they were told to eat, I doubt I could survive on that for long. They lost about 3kg each but have since gained back 5kg. It's all because they felt really deprived and started eating a lot of things that they normally won't eat.

For sustained weight loss, please exercise.

If you're determined, nothing can stop you from losing weight.

Anyone heard of Senzation Double Detox? It is a USA formulated product, distributed by Diethelem Spore. They used to be selling @ Guardian & Watson.

A friend bulk purchase and asking me to share with her. Anyone tried, can give me some feedback?

According to her, it helped cleared her bowel in the first 3 days. Poo is super smelly, thereafter it got better and she commented that her skin is smooth too.

1st pregnancy, put on 18 kg, lost 12kg after delivery, stuck with stubborn 6kg
2nd pregancy, put on 7 kg, lost 7kg after delivery, retain that stubborn 6kg from 1st prenancy

I am almost back to my pre-prenancy weight after 3.5 years from 2nd delivery.
Just eat porridge. avoid deep fried or fattening food like curry. healthier diet will do. didn't exercise at all

I think the key is try not to put on too much weight during prenancy. Don't eat for 2, just eat as per normal when you are not pregnant.

The first 5 months of my 2nd pregancy I didn't put on weight at all whilst baby is growing well. Gynae said this is in fact better, I have less to lose after delivery

Anyone heard of Senzation Double Detox? It is a USA formulated product, distributed by Diethelem Spore. It was sold @ Guardian & Watson.

Anyone tried, can give me some feedback?

Hi,

Just share my experience.The best is through consistant execrise plus diet. I gain back my slim figure and weight to 50kg before my younger son turn 12 mths.

Now,i still execrise and weight maintain at 48kg with wasitline of 26.I did receive comment that i don't look like a mother of two.

So my advice is execrise, execrise and food control.

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would share my (not so nice)experience =) When I got pregnant with my first ,I had gained like 23kg throughout that preganancy. Then I gave birth and was breastfeeding so could not really go on diet to lose the weight. Somehow, breastfeeding never did anything for me weight wise. Then after 2 months, I suddenly realised I was pregnant again!

So I had my 23kg to lose and now I was pregnant again so I could not diet. I was devastated! It wasn't a planned pregnancy the second one. So I went throught the 2nd pregnancy and by the end of it I had gained an overall of 35kg.(including the 23 of course ) well anyways I gave birth, breastfed for 4 months and my son refused my milk after that so I stopped and decided to go on a lose weight frenzy!

I tried this that and the other and then I stumbled upon the fat loss program that I don't know what I would have done without! Seriously, its just the best program and so simple and the best part is you don't have to starve at all. Only thing is it is a tiny little repetitive with the foods but I started shedding my weight like crazy!

I dropped about 7-9kg every month. By my 3rd month I was almost totally back to normal. Anyway, try it, u will not regret for sure.

Click Here To Go Direct To The Program

Hi,

Just to share. i put on quite a bit for my 1st child and after birth i left abt 10kg to lose to pre-preg weight ~ 55kg. I breastfed for about 3 months but no weight loss. I tried a slimming centre but after splashing all those hard-earned $$, nothing happen.

I did not lost the weight and was pregnant with the 2nd one. Did not gain much this time so by the end of confinement, i was abt 66kg.

decided to stop at 2, i went for a 3 month weight management program with my sis. I lost 5kg in 4 weeks. My sis lost abt 6kg in 6 weeks as the consultant informed us that the weight loss will vary for different people. i'm still in the program actually so hoping to see more weight and inches loss!

You can PM for more details if interested.
happy.gif
thought it is a good weight management course to share with all mummies.

p/s: dun earn any commission. :p

psmissyou, did u hav post-natal msg aft dlv??
If messue is good & noeledgable u can lost more infact. 4 me i lost 20kg, 3 of my best fren lost more than 10kg fite aft havin post-natal.

Gals,

actually i bought the OSIM Slim Belt. The one with magnetic strips.

For my first pregnancy i lose from 60+ back to 48kg.

Second pregnancy i lose from 60+ back to 45kg.

Now i intend to use it for my 3rd pregnancy.

P/s: Please take note that you will pass motion more and it's dark colour...

Cost only less than S$80...

Back