Anyone manage to lose weight after delivery?

olivia

Any mummies manage to lose weight successfully after delivery?

Wonder if Osim Slimming Belt or Abdominal Binder does help.

I find it so difficult to lose stomach/tummy fats.

Try Full BreastFeeding
kao_cheers.gif

i agree with leng leng .. i put on total of 30Kg throughout my pregnancy .. now back to normal ..

Dont worry, it takes time and determination. The fats will sure go ...

Try to do Sit up after you breastfeed. By coupling the exercise with a daily activity, it'll help you remember to do it.

hi, i agree that breastfeeding helps to lose weight. whether your baby latch on or express, it doesn't matter. i breast feed my son till he is 6 over months, but i mix with a bottle of formula at night. i regain my figure when he is 4 mths old. now with my daughter i fully breastfeed as she is allergic to cow's formulae. get back into shape when she is two months old!

another tip to lose weight, don't take sweet stuff after 3 (if u sleep at 10) or after 5 (if u sleep at midnight). sweet stuff includes fruits, sweet potato, carrot, etc. reduce your carbo intake after 3 or 5.
to tone up, do yoga

sigh..

I get back my weight after 2 months give birth, but gain weight again after go back for work. baby already 10 months, still have 5kg to loss. It's damn difficult to lose even 1kg. sometime, I did not take my dinner, but no use lor... also dont know how, very sad with the fat at tummy, tired with the fat liao.. was thinking want to buy OTO trimax, also scare no time to use it...

Try this;
STOP all junk food, snacks & sweet stuffs,
including sugar in drinks, coffee, eta...

Replace with fruits (Except banana & Durian)
and lots of plain water instead.
happy.gif

Take at least 3 l of water per day. Water will also help to burn fats. Have ur last meal before 9pm. if need be only sleep after an hour later after your last meal. Cut down on carbo food & sweet stuff too. Avoid mixed protein in each meal for easier breakdown of food i.e if u take fish then don;t take chicken. Each meal interval 5 hrs apart.

Do not try if you are breastfeeding cos u will need lots protein

Cheers!

u noe, i read in diz us mag.. u can lose up 2 17pounds in 7 days.. all by drinking diz so called miracle juice.. dey gave d recipe.. only consist of lemons, cayenne pepper & maple syrup.. i did try it for one day, it did curb my appetite.. but on d second day, haha.. too lazy 2 squeeze out d lemon juice.. but i feel dat if i cont it 4 7days, i will lose weight.. coz after drinking it for a day, i feel more active.. but u have 2 drink many tyms a day.. so more lemons~! haha

Watie, I hv come across this diet drink. But to take this drink solely only, you body will be deprived of other essential minerals it need.

How abt an easier way, try VLCD (very low calerie diet). First lost 1-5kg with 7days, then maintain for another 21 days. Within this 21 days, you'll be coached to change your diet habits. If interested, can PM me.
bounce.gif

kook_car,
try advertising with this form at $25 for 7 days,
I'm sure you will be able to get many mummies very interesed.
happy.gif

Email [email protected] for details,
The listing fee will be returned upon no participation.
happy.gif

Thanx Leng Leng,

I'm planning to do as you suggested too. Now tying up details with the supplier coy. Once firm up will sure advt. Hope to gain your support then.
biggrin.gif

But are you sure listing fee return upon no participation? I'm still looking up and down for the details of BP listing.

I thought of going for the Business Listing for 1 mth to test water.

kook_car,
I don't need slimming... kekeke...
I'm 50.9kg now (Still decreasing), was 58kg b4 pregnant.
happy.gif

(Breast-feeding really helps)

"The listing fee will be returned upon no participation" is for BP,
u can try advertising at BP thread instead,
since u ain't the business owner.
happy.gif

For Business Listing, there's no fee return.
happy.gif

Leng Leng,

Wah !! Impressive!! You've got better figure than b4 preggie.

Hope u r nt dipping too far down BMI<18 is under weight for Asian female. Also, health is important too.

Crackersweetie
Becareful of your back ah, think carry baby to ligt jog is bad for back.

If you not carrying him, you can swing your arms (try doing that as far back as you can) and tighten those loose arm flabs.

haha my back already strained but even w/o jogging my boi's weight is too heavy for me and he has potential to grow...so morale of the lesson is, dun be too thin : )

I went back to prepregnancy weight barely 2 weeks after giving birth

Combination of stress, breastfeeding and post natal massage :p

Hi, i have been hearing alot of stories abt breastfeeding helps in sliming. I have been fully bf my bb for 3mths, but I still have like 6kg to lose in order to get back to my pre-preg weight. What went wrong? :-(

Hi

Thank you mummies for your sharing info.
I am currently using Slimming Hot Gel which is suitable for breastfeeding mothers, and have managed to lost weight gradually. Tummy is firmer now.

for my first and second delivery, it actually took me about 6 months to get back. i think that is a reasonable period, afterall u took 9 months to put on so much, how to expect to lose them with 2 to 3 months? ;)

Simone, ya I understand. Just that I always hear b-feeding mother lose weight sooo fast.. wondering what went wrong with me???

nyssa won,
nothing's wrong, I agree with madaboutdresses,
give yourself more time,
in the meantime, do eat well, sleep well, drink well.
happy.gif

Hi all mummies..for me i also regain my figure when my gal was ard 3mth old..she is 5mths now.If u r breastfeeding den do not compromise the food u eat to maintain ur figure coz ur baby nid the nutrition.Exercise is impt..simple stomach exercise routine will help u tone ur tummy but of coz thigh area is more diffcult. I gave birth to my gal in France &amp; tey will encourage mummy to attend this post-natal class teaching u simple exercise &amp; oso the importance of Kegel exercise..i would like to share wif u mummies who r interested..if u r..den let me know..i will post in tis thread
happy.gif

I hope the following simple exercise routine will help u mummies..but of coz do not expect immediate results..result will only be shown if u r consistent &amp; hardworking
happy.gif
Do tis exercise at least 8weeks after ur birth.

1) Lie on an incline bed or flat bed oso can, with knee pull in facing the ceiling. Breath in (tis is when u see ur tummy expand) &amp; breath out hard,at the same time pulling in ur navel into ur spine &amp; hold for 3-5sec den release. Do tis 10-15 repetition, 3times a day.

2) U could also do the above exercise while standing up &amp; bending forward abt 90degree..u can hold on to a chair etc..do the same thing..breath in &amp; out, pulling in ur navel into ur spine &amp; hold.Tis is useful coz its against the gravitational force.10-15repetition, 3times a day.

3)Strengthening ur lateral stomach muscle - Same position as 1) but wif right hand touching left knee (the opposite).Breath in &amp; breath out hard, pulling in navel into spine, pressing ur hand against ur left knee. Ur left knee will hv to go against ur right hand push..so its like left knee pull up wif right hand trying to force it dwn...u can actually feel ur right side tummy muscle tense up. 10 repetition, 3times a day.

Hope it will help.

Hi nyssa won, I hv the same problem as u! My bb juz crossed 3 mths &amp; I still hv 7kg to lose! I had a C-section but started going for aerobics &amp; gym during my 2nd mth already. Stopped aft 2 lessons cos was troublesome to bring bb to mom's place while I go for lessons &amp; cos was out of action for so long I sprained my back!

Juz found a new aerobics exercise which I can do at home! I bought a mini trampoline &amp; its soft on the back &amp; joints. Besides its fun &amp; my bb loves to watch me bounce on it like a huge toy! ;-) Juz need 15 mins a day (from what the video says). I juz started this week &amp; hv yet to see the results...

I've been really committed to losing weight &amp; cut back on food portions but seems so difficult! By the way, I'm on full breastfeeding too. Maybe its got to do with my age as well??? Seems the older u r the more difficult to lose? I'm 34...

Hi Melinda - I tink when ur baby reach 5mths, u will be back to ur pre preg figure..i tink 7kg is nt alot lah coz i oso lose them all when my gal was 4mths old...
Personally i tink age is nt a factor...depends on individual's physical condition. I did the exercise i mentioned above &amp; now i hv a rather tone tummy
happy.gif

Good luck
happy.gif

Don think age is a factor. I'm your age too.

I put on 18kg, lost 10kg by 1st mth. The balance was SLOW. Back to pre-preggy around 3rd mth. Along the way, I lost another 2-3kg. I stopped latching at 9mth and pumping by 10mth (end Dec 2006). For the last 11mth, i didnt do any exercise, I ate and drink a lot, constantly feeling hungry and thirsty!!!! After i stopped pumping, i ate/drink a lot lesser, like only 50% of what i was eating/drinking earlier.

Eat in MODERATION is important.

Hi MH (maybellicious), 7kg may seem not alot but on my 1.58m frame, I look so fat! I almost 'fainted' when I saw my photos during New Year! Gosh! Hope u r right though... will try yr exercise &amp; see if it helps.

AnnissaKoh I'm so impressed by yr weight loss! Did not seem to help me lose though on total breastfeeding. I am eating in moderation too... I hv never been a big eater... sigh... All my clothing rotting in the closet... ;-)

If you are stil BFg, i wont suggest excessive exercise as your body will produce something which may affect the taste of BM ( i read it some where), if you need to, please express b4 you go.

Yoga is a good form of exercise, i wanted to do while on maternity leave BUT the yoga instructor that i know told me only can do it after 6-9mth, ONLY can do simple breathing exercise during that few months.

Aerobic, i would suggest you let the instructor know that you are how many mth after delivery, some movement like jumping/hopping may not be good for you, especially so if you delivered via cesearean, which is in my case.

Always the instructor know about your condition before you go into form of exercise.

Happy working out.

Hi AnnissaKoh,

thanks for yr info abt the yoga.

i was going to sign up for the yoga class tonite.
Btw, i'm 4.5 mth after delivery.(assisted delivery)
Now tat u mention tat, i better check with the instructor bef i sign up for anything.

Melinda - I am only 1.53m..&amp; used to weigh 35kg bt I hit max 49kg during pregnancy &amp; i oso feel i look so fat esp wif the pudgy tummy..but looking after baby &amp; dedicating 15mins everyday to do light exercise helps.

Personally i oso advice against jumping/hopping exercise until much later coz i tink gravitational pull will coz the womb to 'drop' further.

MH u hv a good point abt the womb dropping... did not think abt dat! Hmmm... in this case I really don't know what cardio exercise to do...

Hi Carnellin,

I am still breastfeeding, hence I made sure that it is suitable to use before I buy. Have been using it for more than 2 months. You may want to give it a try :p

Back