Anyone knows good enrichment school in Sembawang / Woodland / Yishun area?

evolv

anyone knows any good enrichment classes in Sembawang, Woodlands or Yishun?

My gal is 3 now but not sure which school is good...

Hi,

You interested in Phonics Class. I'm looking for more ppl to join in the class so that she can start the class soon. But is located in Kembangan MRT.

BTW, my girl is turning 4 this year.

PM me if you are interested

hi my daughter is attending a phonics lesson in sembawang. maybe you can email me at [email protected] if you are interested to have the contact
happy.gif

my girl used to attend phonics class by Mr Chung at Admirality Garden community center, near Admiralty MRT

He seems quite experienced. He let her sat for a test before admitting her into an on-going class

Hi

My boi is turning 4 tis July.Heard that there is tis center in Chua Choa Kang conducted good phonics class. Anyone heard about tis? Am trying to find out where the center is?

Hi Sher,

Is iCreativelearner good? Does it have phonics class too? Is ur girl attending the branch at Sembawang Close? Which blk is it located btw?

Hi ixoraf,
icreativelearner teach phonics too! My girl is under Ghim Moh by Teacher Pearlin. I will recommend if u r looking for a small group (6pax max) plus fixed teacher for their whole prog fr Nursey to K2! BUT, U will need to revise with your kid daily fr flash cards, worksheets, poems etc...

As my elder had been the prog for 2yrs, even now I switch her to a daily prog in Zoophonics, I still let her continue at icreativelearner as my girl enj the lesson cum the Teacher is great! She will hold back your kid if she need to give 1-1 coaching!

Hi Sher,

Thanks for the info! Why did u let u gal join Zoophonics then since she's alerady taking up phonics at Icreativelearner?
happy.gif

Btw, how much are the course fees like & how many sessions are there per wk?

Hi ixoraf,

I am a kiasu mummy, my main concern is that I want my kids to read by their own when they are in K2. Initial my elder was in PAP Nursery, so I enrolled her for enrichment lesson in icreativelearners for English. (once per week 1.5hr)

I would recommend icreativelearners if you will to send your kid for enrichment lesson on top of those ‘normal’ pre-school programs. But have to keep revise with the kid what was learned for that week. My elder started in the year when she is turning 4yrs with icreativelearns, she learned to write her ABCs, the sound, her name and etc. My elder really focus on her pronunciation, esp. those ending sound like ‘k’, ‘t’, ‘g’, ‘r’...etc.

Recently, I just switched my elder to Zoophonics for daily prog (Mon – Fri for 3.5hrs) as I notice that she didn’t really learn much in PAP K1. Plus I can’t find time from my schedule for extra enrichment lesson for Chinese and Maths. So after much consideration, I am thinking that why don’t I pay more for her daily lesson where they teach all 3 subjects. In Zoophonics, they are using material from Rigby Maths (http://www.rigby.com.au/) and their Chinese I would rate better than PAP as my girl don’t really speak Chinese but after attending Zoophonics for a mth+, she start to recite poems to me.

My hubby did asked me to stop her enrichment lesson in icreative, but I really like the teacher and the effort she helped on my slow learning girl. Plus I intend to let my girl to continue with icreative with their primary prog when she is older too.

As for the fee, icreativelearners is going to increase their pricing next year. Currently I am paying S$190 for 8 lessons (Weekend Class). As for Zoophonics, I am paying S$350 per mth (have discount if payment in 3mths)

Btw, I get to know Zoophonics is after I send my 2nd girl there. As the teacher from icreativelearners that nearest my place, might not take in weekends lesson for my 2nd girl. If you intend to send your kid to icreativelearners, you got to make a reservation FAST.

Hi Sher,

Thanks alot for the info! Was very helpful
happy.gif
My gal is now 4.5 yrs old & in K1 (PCF) this year. She already knew the alphabets from A-Z, how to write them & also how they sound like.. etc. She can also write her own name & knows how to read & spell a few words like apple, cup, cat, dog.. etc. Besides the phonics lesson she's currently taught at her school (once a wk), I also put aside some time every day teaching her myself, but I feel it wld be better to send her to a phonics class where she can concentrate better in a class environment with other children & pick up more things from an experienced & qualified teacher too =)

In this case, I'd better give them a call tmr to find out more. Thanks again for the feedback! Really appreciate it
happy.gif

Hi ixoraf,

I am not sure whether there is still have vacancies for icreative as most of the kids started when they are in Nursery. Now my elder one is in her 2nd year. I found that PCF pace is rather slow (maybe I want to "stress" my girl..haha)

As I compare the materials from Zoophonics , they are learning punctuation, writing simple sentences, daily phonics lesson on blending ..etc. For Maths lesson, they cover simple fractions, measurement, 3 dimensional figure..etc. For Chinese, some Chinese poems, punctuation .etc

As for icreative, initially they start with creative writing skills plus flash cards, now my girl is at the stage with poems and creative drawing which include speak bubble (let them learn to write sentences) and weekly short phonics story plus some reading worksheets for blending sound.

Actually I found that my elder is rather confused in the teaching in Zoophonics and icreative, but I do notice that she start to blend the words slowly by herself. My girl is a slow keen learner, she need to practice daily. I am surprise by the sentences she wrote by herself. Eg. I am a girl, I am hungry, I play with my friends..etc.

What I get to learn from my girls, is really depends on the parent and kid effort for their learning skill. I can send my kid to a better school but I also need to spend time to guide her. Like my 2nd girl, I try to coach her, but she can’t sit still for more than 15mins. It really take time and effort to see ‘results’!

Hi Sher,

Ya agree.. kids at this age usually hv v. short attention span & they're extremely active too so it's really difficult to get them to sit down for 15-20mins & really listen to u. My gal has the same prob too & so does her friends & other kids her age whom I knew. Even though she might be a fast learner, I feel she can definitely benefit more & be able to pick up more things from proper coaching & with me guiding her along the way, which is why I'm thinking of sending her to a phonics class to speed up her learning.

Anyway, tks again for sharing. I have not call them up yet but if the class is really full, I guess I'll hv to enroll her elsewhere then cos there's quite a few centers ard my place which also offers phonics class as well. Just tot since ur gal has attended icreative before so juz wanna get some feedback from u 1st =)

Thanks again & have a great wkend!
happy.gif

Hi ixoraf,
I think I forgot to mention that actually the lesson for icreative is at the teacher house, that is why the teacher is fixed for the whole prog...heheh.

Currently, my cousin sent her twins to sembawang, she cant rem the block but she told me is walking distance fr MRT.

Hi Sher,

Thanks again. I'll give them a call tml & chk it out. I'm actually staying near MRT so prob it's juz nearby my plc hehe.. :p

Hihi,

My boi now is at his 2yrs4mths.
And im thinking of letting him take up some enrichment courses before going for nursery classes next year.

After reading the discussions above, any advices if zoophonics is a good choice for my boi to start-off with??

wat about icreative learners???

Which is more suitable for a young todd like my boi..me a bit confused.thx..

hi bee,
icreative learners only accept kids from the Yr they turn 4!
As for zoophonics, if under 3 yrs, the mum/dad need to attend the lesson together with the kid.
The phonics learning is only 15~20mins, follow by songs & dances, activities ...etc.

any mummies can comment on the teachers in Zoo-phonics (Jurong west branch) VS (Bukit Timah branch)??

Thx.

Hi,

My girl at her 3yrs 7mths has already know A to Z and alphabet words. She is also attended and finished the phonic class level one. Anyone knows should she continuing for other phonic at this age? This school is rather slow as my girl is fast learner. The school seem to drag my girl a bit longer before going to level 2. Does anyone experience level 2 and does age take into consideration before going level 2 Phonics?

Hi all,
Any recommendations for chinese fun learning for 4 years old? My girl cannot speak mandarin and only understand VERY simple words. Teacher is complaining...
sad.gif
But she is not interested in the language at all... Thot of sending her to Chinese speech and drama... anyone knows where?

hihi,
i m looking for P1 english tuition teacher, preferly during the weekend. anyone has good teachers to recommend? I am staying in yishun

Hi,

I heard good reviews of icreativelearner and would like to register her for next year's class. I contacted the principal and however, most of the the slots are fully taken.

Does anybody has the teacher's contacts to share with me? I hope to check with them whether they can squeeze me in.

I am also thinking of asking them to open up classes in the North or Northeast areas. Anybody keen? If we have 6, I can try to talk to the principal.

Pls PM or email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Hi,

I am an experienced and trained Early Childhood Educator with M.A in ECE, PhD in Family Studies turned SAHM.

I can conduct enrichment programmes at my place 687C Woodlands if there's a min group of 3 pax.

12 sessions for $150 per pax @ 60 min per session

Will custom-made the programme to suit the group's needs.

Call/sms me at 96867120 or email at [email protected]

Thanks.

Hi

Anyone send their kid to Swimming lesson at Yishun? I would like to join you. My child is 3 yo. Or anyone looking for an instructor. Found an instructor from this forum but I am looking for more ppl to join in the class.

Thanks

Hi,

I am an editor with more than 10 years of experience and I have an excellent command of English. I am now offering phonics classes to toddlers three years old and above. Class size will be small - limited to four per class - because I believe a small teacher-to-child ratio is important.

The reason for starting this class is because I was sorely disappointed by the few phonics classes that we attended. Unfriendly teachers with a poor command of English, a large class size and a poor academic outcome. Although we had paid for the term, I gave up the other classes when I heard the teacher say "green colour pencil" instead of "green pencil". She was doing more harm than good.

I have edited numerous regional publications and newspaper articles, including those by native speakers. My child knew her phonics before three and now she's learning blends, the silent "e" rule, etc. She's not yet four but she has read so many books that I have lost count. Unfortunately, I was a full-time working mom before I stopped full-time work and now, I am finding it hard to correct the Singlish she picked up from everywhere. It is much easier to learn it right the first time.

I am now a part-time working mom. Classes are available on weekday afternoons and they will be conducted at my home. We will use a curriculum from the US and because it is home-based, your child will be exposed to real day-to-day items to expand her vocabulary. For example, she will smell a whiff of perfume when we learn the word "whiff" for the "wh" blend. There will also be word games and activities in class.

I have a B.A. and did Linguistics at NUS.

Please feel free to send me a private message or email me at [email protected].

just an advise, don't go to ZOOPHONICS I have poor experience and they are holding on to deposits to tie you down and treat your child badly once you give them a month's notice. Please bewarned. Siglap branch is the worst! The receptionist Lily is a hypocrite.

Hi,

U may wanna to try this lady who has gd experience teach pre schoolers, now she is going to start enrichment lesson from home @ Sembawang.

Email me if anyone is keen

Cheerss...

Hi, I am also staying in sembawang.

I like to check out if there are good classes for my son who is 2 plus turining 3 in Jan next year.. He has attended GUG since he was about 2. But up to now, he still cant do the zoo phonics and at times still walk around when he gets bored

Initially he was very good on his concentration but cos we changed his timing to 3plus close to his nap time and class ratio quite packed at times. he gets distracted once in a while.

Please Pm me if any good weekday enrichment classes for him near sembawang area? Please advise me asap?

Fern

Hi Fern,

I know of a teacher who is conducting phonics a-z from home for parents with young children age 2 and above. She provides teaching materials and interesting tips for mummies to cope with more demands @ school. She is staying very near to Sembawang Mrt.

Let me know if u r keen

Cheerio..
Wendy

Hi,

I am a ftwm who have a 20mth boy. Currently i am sending him to a playground (2hr) every sat@ YCK (Learning Horizon) but he dun seem interested in participating all the activities. He won't cry but just stick close to me and ask me bao bao him.... Anyone had any solution to this??????? Alternative i am thinking of switching another playgroup which is nearer to my place

Back