Anyone hear of "Ning Yin" (Ghost baby)

Rivernile,

Normally they will have the chao du around lunar seventh month. Do go and check around the temples, most of them do have that.

hi shirlynn
by next lunar seveth month i think will be quite long alreadi?
my fren aborted her baby like 1 yr ago and i guess it went to look for the father instead and the guy came and tell my fren that the baby look for him.

it's not veri gd that the baby spirit actually hang in wrong world for so long right? bcos read before they say long term wise they will be unable to reborn

Hi Shirlynn77, thanks for your info.

Hi Pprincessbaobel,

You are most welcome! I have attached the address and phone numbers below. The offices have operating hours usually starting from 9am to 4/5pm. Call before you go ok. You can also spend one weekend there to chaodu in the big halls with the rest of the monks because the FaHui usually spans a period of two weeks.

Kong Meng Sau Monastery is:
Homepage at http://www.kmspks.org/
88 Bright Hill DriveSingapore 574117 Tel : 453 4046/453 1009/458 4454 Fax: 459 2258

Jiao Ju Si Lin
Tel: 6737 2630
17 Kim Yam Rd
Bukit Merah

Singapore 239329

hi rivernile1
but if having menses cant go right?
i will check with them
happy.gif
thanks

Princessbaobei,

For the menses part I am not too sure if it is the general rule of the thumb. But I think I am going because I am the baby's mother but going or not is really a very individual decision. So long as ur heart is sincere, that is the most important
happy.gif

Hi Princessbaobei,

Yes, there is one by Ju Si Lin starting tomorrow and I am going. I have just asked the temple and the prayers will start from 7pm to about 8.30pm.

pprincessbaobei,

It's the poison of human's mind not the body a person muz purify. Buddha will NOT turn away a person with menses, juz go ahead to visit Ju Shi Lin to do the prayers for your late fetous.

of course bathe and be neat before going to the prayer, is a form of respect towards the Buddha.

Even with menses I also go for prayer session and temple visiting. In Buddha's Teaching, Buddha had never mention that people with menses cannot enter temple.

pprincessbaobei

Is a myth.

If you read Guan Yin Story, there is a girl having her menses dare not visit Guan Yin temple, she waited at the foot of the hill, Guan Yin actually manifest as an old lady to accept her offering personally. If Guan Yin reject the girl having menses why should SHE appear personally to accept the girl's offering? Moreover Guan Yin is an Enlightened Being, in emptiness, every sentient-beings is no different to Her.

Only taoist got this rule about menses thing.
Buddhist dont have such beliefs.

so be clear about what is taoism, what is buddhism. dont mix them up.

and I have a story to share about my experience with 'tan ki'.

Long ago, I have a friend who suddenly got possessed and said he was chosen by the '3rd prince'. Since then he work as 'tan ki' for some days at night in Eunos. I wasnt a believer in these thing, so 1 night we a group of friends went to see. And strange enough, everyone claimed that they saw their previous life when they were shown a wooden plate, but only I cant see anything? I proceed to ask to speak to my father (passed away long ago). 'tan ki' rejected say this will shorten the boy's live. So i wont insist.

After some time, i heard from that group of friends, that the 'tan ki' no more, 1 night suddenly 'tan ki' announced that he is not the '3rd prince', but some ghost and laughed at the people there that ghost words also believe.

i agree with hopefully regarding holding joss-stick. Buddhism basically had not much restriction or reject ladies having menses.

If you are concern, no need to lit the joss-stick, juz flow your palm and pay respect to Buddha will do. It's the sincerty that counts.

hopefully, I also dun believe in "tan ki".

In Buddhism, with or without joss-stick is ok.

Infact now Ju Shi Lin forbid ppl to bring the joss-stick into the praying hall, better still no need joss stick or use lamp to represent. i think is still ok to lit joss-stick outside the hall.

Offering joss-stick (ie, incense) signify purifying. But now lighting joss-stick seems like "polluting" when ppl say about global warming.

Hi Nicole,
When doing a individual 'chao du' is to bring them to the other world, so that they dont linger around here.
And to do the 'chao du' yearly is to let them accumulate merits for chance of next life.
As for if they have gone to the next life which we wont know when, the merits prayer will be distribute to the others. A good deed.

hopefully,
u and me got the same explantion for the "chao du". let's go deeper.. got a question which I dun really hv an answer yet.

If the mind already taken rebirth to next life, dun the merits created follow and goes to the mind which already taken rebirth? U mean instead, the merits will be distributed and share among other pitiful ones? Meaning the merits cannot flow over to next life? My hb interpretation is that the merits done will flow to next life for better-ment of that mind which had taken rebirth.

If you are able to elaborate, will juz be for my understanding, I am keen to know, hehe..

Anyone noes of any chao du fa hui that is organising soon? ... i want to do it for my unborn baby...

i didnt went that last time becos my mother wasnt feeling well. wanted to realli go soon. i kept thinkin my baby is here. iguess, i jus need a peace of mind that my baby have gone to a better world and rebirth. if any body know pls let me know also. thanks!

hi princessbaobei.. u may want to try Ju shi lin, they have one coming next 初五 , go to the office on the 2nd floor and tell them you want to do chao du for your ling ying...cost $20 for one name. you may also want to help to chao du other 无主孤魂 if you have the ability...

Ju Shi Lin is also known as "Singapore Buddhist Lodge"

It's at Kim Yam Road, off River Valley Road.

You got to drop along River Valley Road if you are going there by bus. The only prominent Building outside is probably AA Centre.

地址:新加坡金炎路17-19号2楼,邮区:239329

Address: 17-19, Kim Yam Road, Singapore 239329.

询问电话:67341819。 传真:67341819

Attached herewith the link http://www.sbl.org.sg/index.htm
For the location, juz click on the globe icon (map)

Hope this is helpful.

Hi bitbit,
You are right. Its the prayer merit that will follow even till next life.
I asked when I put down names for my ancestors prayers.
Geezz, dunno where I heard that one from.
Sorry folks for misleading info on this part. (As for if they have gone to the next life which we wont know when, the merits prayer will be distribute to the others. A good deed.)

Hi,

I called the Ju Shi Lin and its linked to fax line. Anyone here know when is their next chao du date? I would like to pray for mine.

I have no religion but comparing the different teaching, I am more incline to buddism. So I would prefer to go buddism for mine.

Hi,

The other time I called I could get through. The number I dialed was 67372630.

I've checked their website http://www.sbl.org.sg , currently no announcement. You can look out for 地藏法会 or 中锋三时系念.

Another place you can check is 新加坡净宗学会 http://www.amtb.org.sg

万般带不去,唯有业随身 - when we leave this world, we bring nothing but our karma with us.

Hi November,

Ju Si Lin has one in early Feb. You better call to ask soon. This one is a major one called "Wan4 Fuo2 Fa Hui". I already did the "Shui2 Yuan2 Fa Hui" in January for my baby and am glad to have done so. The number to call is what Mtyh mentioned above.

Hi Nov,

I found the leaflet I kept. The Wan4 Fuo2 Da4 Fa Hui is from 11 Feb to 25 Feb. U can sign up with Ju Shi Lin. Hope that helps.

Hi KK,

did u try asking the Tan Ke, what you can do?
Those "real" Tan Ke wont ask for money one, only those fake ones normally will asl for money etc...

Hi,

Qing ming is coming. would like to ask anybody know of upcoming mass "Chao Du"

would like to participate

thanks

Yes it does. The "chao du" ritual (中锋三时系念) takes place on 19th May, 3rd day of the 法会. If family of the deceased can take part, it is even better.

In fact, there are also other things we can do for the deceased. Buddhist scriptures describe this very clearly.

There is also a vcd titled 善待您刚过世的亲属. You may enquire at the 法会 itself.

u go yishun temple infront of swiming Pool..
e temple veri true..
every tue and friday nite 7.30pm to 9pm.
Go there try

i wan to chao du for my aborted baby which i aborted few yrs ago... may i knw where i can go??? since now 7th month soon, shd have rite??? any1 knw if west side area have?

i called up ju shi lin and asked about chou du matters and they told me that they would required both parents full name. Does it matter? The girl replied that otherwise the ning yin would know??

how much does ju shi lin charges for chao du? i had an M/C 2mths ago and is tinking of doing a chao du ritual for bb.

anyone knw what info does "chao du" require?
like if we only put the parents surname can liao? no need other info...?

hi sticky..

saw ur question but no one seems to answer you.

I's like to share with you the reply:

Yes, the Chao Du applies to ANY living beings who had passed on. It doesn't means only limit to passed away unborn.

Even animals like our precious pets (dog, rabbit, hamster...) we can also do "Chao Du" for them. The good merits will be dedicated to them for goodness in future lives to come. Perhaps a better, healtier and stronger body.

It's best you dedicate for good merits for the passed away unborn or beings to meet the Dharma Teaching in the next life, that is the best purpose of the Chao Du. (It's better than dedicating that they will be rich, because you get something, you lose something on par)..

i just had an abortion. and wants to chao du my unborn .however, i had an abortion many years ago with a different partner. so must i give the surnames of both the different guys to chao du both fetuses?

要想超度家亲眷属,要发真心,自己真修,真正修行证果,功德回向给他们。他们堕落,逼著我们非修不可,我不修,他们就不能得度,就要受苦;我真修,做出成绩,他们就能够离苦,所以相辅相成。

我们今天做佛事,依照仪规做一遍,我们的境界若没有转变,超度的效果就非常微薄。他在地狱道,还在地狱道;在饿鬼道,还在饿鬼道。若超度之人在这一堂佛事中观念改变,做到“转恶为善”、“转迷成悟”,被超荐者就得利益;若真能在佛事当中“转凡成圣”,他必定脱离恶道。

http://www.dizang.org/dzfm/cd/cd.htm

Hi,
I went to cheng wang miao( temple)to ask about chao du for my baby which I done my abortion earlier this month.I am 12 weeks pregnant just before the abortion. The auntie who is in charge of the ritual told me and my husband that she cannot chao du the baby at this moment cos during my abortion, my baby is only 12 weeks old.It is not in "human" form yet .Have to wait till the baby is fully formed then can chao du.She mentioned for my case has to wait for another 7 months or 1 year later to chao du and ask me to come back by then. Have anyone heard about this we cannot chao du till 1 year later ?

I am anxious cos I want the baby to reborn so that it can has peace and be a healthy baby for its next life. After seeing some posts above, I am worried if wait for 1 year later, will it affect my family or even "disturb" for my next pregnancy if I am gg to ttc again?

Hi Wong,

Like what bitbit said, do good deeds and attribute (回向) the merits to the baby. It will help.

Good deeds can be the following:

第一,与人为善;第二,爱敬存心;第三,成人之美;第四,劝人为善;第五,救人危急;第六,兴建大利;第七,舍财作福;第八,护持正法;第九,敬重尊长;第十,爱惜物命。

If you would like to find out more, I recommend you read 了凡四训 - I can send you a copy.

Back