Anyone have feedback on Dr Qi Maili?

Hi all, dr qi is equally great as her husband, dr khoo. Nvr regretted taking her. I had to be induced at 39 weeks as baby was growing too fast. As she fear that i might go thru csect if i were to wait 40wks+. & she was right indeed, my baby was 3.62kg @ 39weeks. Natural or csect, doesnt really matter as long as baby is safe...
I also love her positive energy while i was delivering my baby. Her stitching was good too. I had an episiotomy done & for me, the pain/discomfort subsided after a week. Overall Dr Qi is great!

I second that!
17th day postpartum at the moment. My delivery with Dr Qi was smooth and she was so reassuring and calm. Its her positive vibes that will make you relax. Her stitching is good, mine recovered in a week- natural tear only. Eventhough I was admitted 2x previously due to what others called it low placenta, at the very last minute, i was still able to deliver my baby naturally and Dr Qi never once forced/pressured me to C-sect compared to the other docs who spoke to me during my admission.

Mommies, you are in good hands if you stick to her.

Hi Fdzul,

The elective c sect package is 5k plus for single room. Total baby bill and mommy bill about 12k which include doctor fees for dr khoo and anaesthetist, pd and operation surgeical equipment, medicine, all the tests . Cpf deduct for myself is 4.4k and for baby 1.35k. So total cash out from pocket is almost 7k. But compare to mt e is still cheaper. Thomson is very crowded. So to me Mt A is most reasonable. If u want the detailed bill, i can email you. Pls leave ur email here

Hi, I’ve pm you for the charges. Thanks much.

I second that!
17th day postpartum at the moment. My delivery with Dr Qi was smooth and she was so reassuring and calm. Its her positive vibes that will make you relax. Her stitching is good, mine recovered in a week- natural tear only. Eventhough I was admitted 2x previously due to what others called it low placenta, at the very last minute, i was still able to deliver my baby naturally and Dr Qi never once forced/pressured me to C-sect compared to the other docs who spoke to me during my admission.

Hello dear

Thanks for this review! Can I ask - did u go the private route at KKH and asked for Dr Qi? Is this how it works in KKH private? Does this mean Dr Qi is the only gynae seeing you each appt and helping you to deliver?

I am considering transferring from private gynae at Mt e to KKH due to a complicated pregnancy. So exploring my options. Thank you!!!

Hello dear

Thanks for this review! Can I ask - did u go the private route at KKH and asked for Dr Qi? Is this how it works in KKH private? Does this mean Dr Qi is the only gynae seeing you each appt and helping you to deliver?

I am considering transferring from private gynae at Mt e to KKH due to a complicated pregnancy. So exploring my options. Thank you!!!

Hi diddledum,

I went to the private route by calling up the appointment hotline and requested for Dr Qi’s husband- Dr Khoo. But Dr Khoo has transferred to Mt E so he recommended me his wife instead.
When you requested for a particular gynae, they will be the one you see each appointment & they will deliver the baby. But they will only come to the delivery suite once youre crowning/ready to push, not before. Some I heard gynae did even managed to come on time and already given birth by the time gynae has arrived.
With kkh, if youre hospitalized before your due date and you chose to stay in ward B and below, your gynae won’t see you as well. Unless you chose to stay in ward A (it happened to me as I was hospitalised for a few days due to bleeding & chose to stay in ward b/4bedder).

Anyways, I hope you weight your decisions wisely. For me, I’ll never wanna recommend kkh to anyone unless due to complications & its cheaper. Other than that, kkh’s service is so damn bad.

Hi Fdzul,

The elective c sect package is 5k plus for single room. Total baby bill and mommy bill about 12k which include doctor fees for dr khoo and anaesthetist, pd and operation surgeical equipment, medicine, all the tests . Cpf deduct for myself is 4.4k and for baby 1.35k. So total cash out from pocket is almost 7k. But compare to mt e is still cheaper. Thomson is very crowded. So to me Mt A is most reasonable. If u want the detailed bill, i can email you. Pls leave ur email here

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the details. Super useful to know. I am into my 15th week now and am consulting Dr Tracey Lim. Shes amazing but I was shocked to hear her delivery charges are 7-8k. I am carrying twins so will most likely be a c-sec. I am thinking of switching to Dr Khoo and exploring Mt A. So your note is a blessing in disguise. And I am not a Singaporean so no MediShield etc. All out of pocket. Since I am having twins, I am told chances of pre term are high.. do you or anyone else in this chain know what the NICU charges per day are at Mt A? Also will Dr Khoo be open to me shifting to him now given I am in my 15th week?

Thanks much in advance,
Meera

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the details. Super useful to know. I am into my 15th week now and am consulting Dr Tracey Lim. Shes amazing but I was shocked to hear her delivery charges are 7-8k. I am carrying twins so will most likely be a c-sec. I am thinking of switching to Dr Khoo and exploring Mt A. So your note is a blessing in disguise. And I am not a Singaporean so no MediShield etc. All out of pocket. Since I am having twins, I am told chances of pre term are high.. do you or anyone else in this chain know what the NICU charges per day are at Mt A? Also will Dr Khoo be open to me shifting to him now given I am in my 15th week?

Thanks much in advance,
Meera

Hi Meeras,

NICU charges at mount A depends on the level of care needed for the preterm baby. It can range from $200 plus to $600 plus per day. Do note there are other costs involved as mount A is a private hospital so naturally you would be looking at a few thousands for even a short stay. This applies to all private hospitals in Singapore.

Switching your gynae now shouldn’t be an issue as you’re still early in the pregnancy :)

Hi all mothers here, I m new here and a father-to-be too. My wife was pregnant now (abt 5 wk) but so far yet to go for any doctor appointment yet but we are decided to choose KKH.
Due to my wife is holding LTVP which consider a foreigner, so being told that we must go for private rate. We wife would like to Choose a female gynae and heard Dr.Qi having good review. May I ask how much is Dr.Qi charging for 1st consultant and the subsequent visit chargers? And may I know why test or scan will need to do during the 1st visit or subsequence visit as we totally didn’t go for any test yet. As my wife is 36 years old this year, is there any additional test need to do as well?
sorry for my lengthy post and really hope to get advice and guidance from all the mommies here.
thanks in advance.....

Hi yewtee06286,

congrats on the news.
yes Dr Qi is a really good gynae. Her rates are about less than $100 if i’m not wrong. Every single time there will be urine test so I guess its included in the bill. Most of the time there are ultrasound scans, so additional charges. If you run low on the prenatal meds, you need to buy them too- can fetch up to almost $80++?

The first visit can be pretty expensive as there are quite a number of tests involved. I went the first visit a subsidized patient and it was already ex. Since your wife is already 36 years old, I think they will recommend You to take the Down syndrome , that is about $200++. But thats your choice if you want or not.

If you need to know Dr Qi’s consultation rates, you can call KKH main hotline and request for her. They will advice you on the rates.

Hi all mothers here, I m new here and a father-to-be too. My wife was pregnant now (abt 5 wk) but so far yet to go for any doctor appointment yet but we are decided to choose KKH.
Due to my wife is holding LTVP which consider a foreigner, so being told that we must go for private rate. We wife would like to Choose a female gynae and heard Dr.Qi having good review. May I ask how much is Dr.Qi charging for 1st consultant and the subsequent visit chargers? And may I know why test or scan will need to do during the 1st visit or subsequence visit as we totally didn’t go for any test yet. As my wife is 36 years old this year, is there any additional test need to do as well?
sorry for my lengthy post and really hope to get advice and guidance from all the mommies here.
thanks in advance.....

Hi yewtee06286,

congrats on the news.
yes Dr Qi is a really good gynae. Her rates are about less than $100 if i’m not wrong. Every single time there will be urine test so I guess its included in the bill. Most of the time there are ultrasound scans, so additional charges. If you run low on the prenatal meds, you need to buy them too- can fetch up to almost $80++?

The first visit can be pretty expensive as there are quite a number of tests involved. I went the first visit a subsidized patient and it was already ex. Since your wife is already 36 years old, I think they will recommend You to take the Down syndrome , that is about $200++. But thats your choice if you want or not.

If you need to know Dr Qi’s consultation rates, you can call KKH main hotline and request for her. They will advice you on the rates.
Hi Fdzul,
Thanks and really appreciate for your sharing.
Ya, have to prepare for higher charges as private rate apply to me wife
Less than $100 I Guess is subsidised rate... however , will Chk with the KKH hotline again....
By the way, our baby shld be 5th wks by now.... when shld I go for the 1st chk up? Heard that only can see heart beat or whatever thing after 7 or 8 wks right ?

Hi yewtee06286,

congrats on the news.

Hi Fdzul, Ya, just to update, had called KKH and make appointment with Dr. Qi, her earliest available appointment slot is on 14/12(Saturday), by then my little one shld be in 10th weeks.... (but so far my wife didnt go for any check up or test yet).
By the way, had chk Dr.Qi consultant charges. As my wife is foreigner, so 1st appointment with Dr.Qi on Saturday will be $191 and the subsequent visit on Saturday will be $146. (weekday charges will be $148(1st visit) and $104 (for subsequent visit).
Can any mommies here to advice what test probably the gynae will need us do to on the 1st appointment or on the 10th week? By the way, only my wife need to do any of the test or i also need to do some test as well??
By the way, read thru many forum and also some incomplete info from friends, there is 2 choices of down syndrome test called OSCAR and NIPT need to do right? Is it compulsory to do both or i can just choose the NIPT? Heard the OSCAR quite frequent to get false result but NIPT test is more accurate (but NIPT more expensive, $1k + right?) Any 1 can give advice? I think i probably will choose the NIPT since this is the 1st baby for us and my wife already 36yo this year.....

Hope to hear from the mommies here again. TIA

May I know what is that means of Associate Consultant in KKH? I google on KKH website, Dr Qi is under Associate Consultant. I am also in KKH, going for my 2nd appt. Would like to find our more info for gynae before I can ask for trf to private. Thank you in advance.

May I know what is that means of Associate Consultant in KKH? I google on KKH website, Dr Qi is under Associate Consultant. I am also in KKH, going for my 2nd appt. Would like to find our more info for gynae before I can ask for trf to private. Thank you in advance.
fyi, Dr. Qi is pregnant too i think on her 7-8 month pregnancy now.... my 2nd appointment with her will be on 20/1, so i m still not really sure whther will still see her in next appointment or she had refer other gynae to follow up.... ;)

fyi, Dr. Qi is pregnant too i think on her 7-8 month pregnancy now.... my 2nd appointment with her will be on 20/1, so i m still not really sure whther will still see her in next appointment or she had refer other gynae to follow up.... ;)

Oh! in this case, I have to look for another gynae. Update us after ur 2nd appt.
Thank you.

Oh! in this case, I have to look for another gynae. Update us after ur 2nd appt.
Thank you.
Hi ycxl, just to update that we had attended our 2nd appointment with Dr.Qi yesterday. So far she still attend to us and she said see us on our next appointment (24/2) again.... meaning she may still not on her maternity leave yet....

Hi yewtee,

Thank you for ur reply. May I know do u get ultrasound scan during ur every appt with Dr. Qi?

Hi yewtee,

Thank you for ur reply. May I know do u get ultrasound scan during ur every appt with Dr. Qi?
hi YCXL, happy CNY. So far attended 2 times appointment with Dr.Qi and each time with scan. Not really sure how much it charge, I believed is already charge inside the consultation or it routine fee (urine test, weight and height measurement) already.

Hianyone still seeing Dr Qi Maili in KKH? I cannot find her contact number.
Hi Didafour,we are attended last appointment with With Dr. Qi in last wk and will be going to C-sect by her on next Friday. Err..... I don’t have her contact number but u can just call in KKH and make appointment and request her as your gynae but understand that her appointment already full till July Liao. However, u can still chk for her next available date thru the appointment booking hotline.62944050

Hi Didafour,we are attended last appointment with With Dr. Qi in last wk and will be going to C-sect by her on next Friday. Err..... I don’t have her contact number but u can just call in KKH and make appointment and request her as your gynae but understand that her appointment already full till July Liao. However, u can still chk for her next available date thru the appointment booking hotline.62944050

Hi yewtee, would like to ask if i can see your hospital bill? Since im a foreign worker and not using any medisave, we would like to gauge how much is the actually bill including the baby's so we can prepare for it. I will be seeing dr Qi also..how's her stitching? Thank you in advance!

Hi yewtee, would like to ask if i can see your hospital bill? Since im a foreign worker and not using any medisave, we would like to gauge how much is the actually bill including the baby's so we can prepare for it. I will be seeing dr Qi also..how's her stitching? Thank you in advance!
Hi there, I think my wife's bill is not really a good reference for you coz,
1) eventually she went for natural birth before the planned C-sect date coz the little one can't wait and very naughty, wanna come out 5 days earlier...:p
2) my wife is under LTVP+, so her delivery package (Ward A1, Natural birth, 2 days 1 night) is follow PR subsidized rate.
3) she is using my medisave.
4) since she is natural birth, so the stitching is only a small stitching, so far so good.

Congrats on your pregnancy and hope u enjoy with Dr.Qi, she is really a good gynae. And if you decided to chg to private hosp, i would suggest Dr. Khoo CK. He is Dr.Qi's husband which his clinic is at Mount Elizabeth Novena. He is a very good gynae too and lot of good reviews and also quite many of my friends seeing Dr. Khoo too.

I second that!

deae Mummy can u PM me on ur low placenta
Thanks

hi. sorry i'm really new to pregnancy. Like to know when do you decide the C-sect date ? which week of the pregnancy ? Do you confirm with the gynae earlier so as to book his or her time slot ?

hi. sorry i'm really new to pregnancy. Like to know when do you decide the C-sect date ? which week of the pregnancy ? Do you confirm with the gynae earlier so as to book his or her time slot ?
yes, if you have a preferred date, you may inform your gynae to book the slot 1st. Not only his/her time slot but also the operating theater availability too. I think we book 4 months before preferred date. However, my boy cant wait to come out and meet us early by natural birth, so eventually the op room had been cancel without any charges.

yes, if you have a preferred date, you may inform your gynae to book the slot 1st. Not only his/her time slot but also the operating theater availability too. I think we book 4 months before preferred date. However, my boy cant wait to come out and meet us early by natural birth, so eventually the op room had been cancel without any charges.
normally book on which week for C sect ? week 39 ? 38 ?

Back