Anyone have feedback on Dr Qi Maili?

SweetKaramel

My gynae Dr Khoo Chong Kiat at KKH is leaving for Mount A. I’m being transferred to his wife, Dr Qi Maili, as I want to continue at KKH. I can’t find any info on her though. Just wondering if anyone has been under her care before? Thanks!

My gynae Dr Khoo Chong Kiat at KKH is leaving for Mount A. I’m being transferred to his wife, Dr Qi Maili, as I want to continue at KKH. I can’t find any info on her though. Just wondering if anyone has been under her care before? Thanks!
Hi! My doc is Dr Khoo also. But I thought I heard him say Mount E Novena? Haha! I’m looking for info on his wife too cause I prefer to stay with KKH

Any updates on Dr Qi Maili? My appointment with her is end of Jan, but not sure what to expect.

Dr Khoo is going to Mount Eliz Novena.

Any updates on Dr Qi Maili? My appointment with her is end of Jan, but not sure what to expect.

Dr Khoo is going to Mount Eliz Novena.

My last appointment with Dr Khoo is this saturday. I’m not following him to Mt E. Pls update us on your appointment with Dr Qi. I hope she is as joyful, and chillout as her husband (and also not stingy on
HL) hahaha

Hi me too
Jus found out today he is leaving
Sian
His wife is a associate
Not a consultant
Will be seeing her 3/03/19
Anyone of u seen her already ?

My first appointment with her is in March. So looks like Denise will be the first to see her! Update us please ;) I did ask around in my mummy’s chat group and heard from some people who worked with her in KKH. Sounds like she’s very patient and soft-spoken. I’ll see how my first appointment goes but hoping to stay in KKH. She’s under subsidized so that’s one plus :) also hoping she’s as nice as her hubby! Dr Khoo really is a great gynae.

My first appointment with her is in March. So looks like Denise will be the first to see her! Update us please ;) I did ask around in my mummy’s chat group and heard from some people who worked with her in KKH. Sounds like she’s very patient and soft-spoken. I’ll see how my first appointment goes but hoping to stay in KKH. She’s under subsidized so that’s one plus :) also hoping she’s as nice as her hubby! Dr Khoo really is a great gynae.

Yessss! Dr Khoo is really great. So sad to see such great doctor leaving for private practice. I hope Dr Qi’s fees will be different since she is an associate.

Yessss! Dr Khoo is really great. So sad to see such great doctor leaving for private practice. I hope Dr Qi’s fees will be different since she is an associate.

Just curious when is Dr Khoo leaving? His name is still in KKH.

Thanks

Anyone following Dr khoo to mount A, how's his charge over there?

He’s going to Mount E Novena not Mount A. He told me his charges are the same as what he has been charging in KKH however, I think delivery charges should be what Mt E is charging.

Just went for my appointment with Dr Qi. She’s very good and detailed, and also very patient and gives a lot of useful information. She also has very good knowledge of things that we need to take note of.

Dr Khoo also happened to be there and I was able to discuss with him on my choice of hospital for delivery - either Mount E Novena, Mount Alvernia or TMC (he has been following up with these hospitals for better rates for his existing patients). I’ll definitely be following Dr Khoo but Dr Qi is very good as well.

Those who are going along with Dr Qi, you’re in good hands :)

Just went for my appointment with Dr Qi. She’s very good and detailed, and also very patient and gives a lot of useful information. She also has very good knowledge of things that we need to take note of.

Dr Khoo also happened to be there and I was able to discuss with him on my choice of hospital for delivery - either Mount E Novena, Mount Alvernia or TMC (he has been following up with these hospitals for better rates for his existing patients). I’ll definitely be following Dr Khoo but Dr Qi is very good as well.

Thanks for the update Denise! Looking forward to seeing Dr Qi :)

Whoa great. You mean we can get better rates if we choose to follow Dr Khoo? If thats the case, I wouldn’t mind following him too and choosing TMC. I heard their rates are almost similar to KKH private rates.

Whoa great. You mean we can get better rates if we choose to follow Dr Khoo? If thats the case, I wouldn’t mind following him too and choosing TMC. I heard their rates are almost similar to KKH private rates.
I thought he go mount e, still can go tmc deliver?

Yes, he gave me these three options to choose from. You can contact him directly to find out more! (Did he leave you his number on the name card?)

How can I contact Dr Khoo is I am new? =]

Yes, he gave me these three options to choose from. You can contact him directly to find out more! (Did he leave you his number on the name card?)

Yes he left his name card! Thanks Denise! Will be contacting him to know more. So have you gotten any rates from him? Care to share?

No. I just found out that I’m pregnant. Heard alot about him. So want to check how to engage him.

Hi FaithDaph, were you under Dr Khoo? If yes, he would have provided his namecard with his number during his last appointment with him :)

No. I just found out that I’m pregnant. Heard alot about him. So want to check how to engage him.

I think he is no longer in KKH. He has moved to Mount E Novena maybe you can try contacting Mt E to see if you can schedule an appointment?

Yes he left his name card! Thanks Denise! Will be contacting him to know more. So have you gotten any rates from him? Care to share?

I didn’t get any rates from him yet, as he’s still negotiating with the hospitals. But one thing he mentioned is that he is able to get 2bedded at 4bedded rates @ TMC. But not sure if it is confirmed.

I didn’t get any rates from him yet, as he’s still negotiating with the hospitals. But one thing he mentioned is that he is able to get 2bedded at 4bedded rates @ TMC. But not sure if it is confirmed.

Hi Denise,

Just checking. Has Dr Khoo provided you his rates yet?

Thanks!

Hi Denise, any idea if she issues HL too or just MC?

Hi guys,

I texted Dr Khoo previously & he has replied to me yesterday.

He mentioned he has settled in his clinic & done deliveries at TMC and Mt Alvernia already
His rates are $2288-400 = $1888 for normal vaginal delivery for his KKH patients.

His clinic consultations are same price as KK as we will be getting loyalty discounts. So I guess he will he charging per session not by “packages” like other private gynae for his KKH patients.

I think I might switch over to private & deliver at TMC based on this hehe. I heard the rates of delivering in KKH as a private patient is almost the same as delivery in TMC (or even parkway east- cheapest private hosp)

Hi Denise, any idea if she issues HL too or just MC?

Hello! I used to post this but I dont know why my post got deleted. Before Dr Khoo left I asked him about HL with Dr Qi. He told me she is more strict as most younger docs are.

I will be delivering my baby tmr with dr qi (i had chosen elective c sect with dr khoo due to health conditions and dr qi is taking over.) dr khoo assured me his wife's stitching skills is awesome as well. Just for info. I hope to update again once i deliver.

Hello! I used to post this but I dont know why my post got deleted. Before Dr Khoo left I asked him about HL with Dr Qi. He told me she is more strict as most younger docs are.

I will be delivering my baby tmr with dr qi (i had chosen elective c sect with dr khoo due to health conditions and dr qi is taking over.) dr khoo assured me his wife's stitching skills is awesome as well. Just for info. I hope to update again once i deliver.

Hey amereinee, Save delivery!

Thank u fo ur reply.. ic.. that’s what i heard from e clinic asst as well.. they mentioned that she is more strict on HL.. normally she issues MC only..

Safe Delivery!! Yea he told mi his wife’s stitching skills are better than him..

Thank you for all the well wishes. I delivered baby safely and just wanted to update that Dr Qi is really awesome. She has a very calming effect before the surgery and assuring. Skilled and cool. Post surgery care is thumbs up too as she checks on me without fail everyday. To those mummies who will continue with her at KKH, in very good hands yeah.

Hi mommies,

I continued with Dr khoo as i was aldy half way there. I just deliveried at Mt A with him. He charged me very reasonable rate as I was his from KK. It was very smooth c section although I was his first patient in Mt A. He visited me at Mt A everyday. Highly recommended. His clinic at Mt E novena lvl 4. For those who want to continie with him, can call up at 6262 0066 and make the appointment.

Hi mommies,

I continued with Dr khoo as i was aldy half way there. I just deliveried at Mt A with him. He charged me very reasonable rate as I was his from KK. It was very smooth c section although I was his first patient in Mt A. He visited me at Mt A everyday. Highly recommended. His clinic at Mt E novena lvl 4. For those who want to continie with him, can call up at 6262 0066 and make the appointment.

Hi Lynn,

Care to share how much was the hospital bill for Mt A for your csect?

Thanks!

Hi Fdzul,

The elective c sect package is 5k plus for single room. Total baby bill and mommy bill about 12k which include doctor fees for dr khoo and anaesthetist, pd and operation surgeical equipment, medicine, all the tests . Cpf deduct for myself is 4.4k and for baby 1.35k. So total cash out from pocket is almost 7k. But compare to mt e is still cheaper. Thomson is very crowded. So to me Mt A is most reasonable. If u want the detailed bill, i can email you. Pls leave ur email here

Hi Fdzul,

The elective c sect package is 5k plus for single room. Total baby bill and mommy bill about 12k which include doctor fees for dr khoo and anaesthetist, pd and operation surgeical equipment, medicine, all the tests . Cpf deduct for myself is 4.4k and for baby 1.35k. So total cash out from pocket is almost 7k. But compare to mt e is still cheaper. Thomson is very crowded. So to me Mt A is most reasonable. If u want the detailed bill, i can email you. Pls leave ur email here

Hey Lynn,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve PM-ed you!

Hi amereinee,

So i decided to stick to dr Qi and that was the best decision i’ve made. She is really nice and has a very positive vibes about her. Due to some complications, i have to have elective csect too. I was wondering if you can PM me the hospital bill during your stay?

I appreciate the info! Thanks in advance!

Hi Fdzul,

Hi! I pm-ed u too. Thanks!

Hi all, dr qi is equally great as her husband, dr khoo. Nvr regretted taking her. I had to be induced at 39 weeks as baby was growing too fast. As she fear that i might go thru csect if i were to wait 40wks+. & she was right indeed, my baby was 3.62kg @ 39weeks. Natural or csect, doesnt really matter as long as baby is safe...
I also love her positive energy while i was delivering my baby. Her stitching was good too. I had an episiotomy done & for me, the pain/discomfort subsided after a week. Overall Dr Qi is great!

Back