Anyone have BLOCKED fallopian tube

Hi Jean,
Yup i agree that there is a need to hesitate & think properly before going for lap coz it involves our future life & ttc journey. But if tubes are badly scarred & blocked, even the best doc cant save it. I have been thro laparotomy before due to endo so im kinda scared if theres scarring. So when did u go for lap? Start ttc already? Take care..

Hi pinky,
honestly, Im sure not abt the scarring as the photos of before and after inside my womb were given to me. Before was really 'messy' in there LOL and the after was 'clear' and dye passed thru both tubes.
I got mine done by Dr SF Loh at TMC
happy.gif

not yet ttc...probably next mth
happy.gif

give it a tot and best of luck dearie!

Hi Jean,
Thanks for the encouragement. I will give it a thought & make my decision soon. Currently im wif tcm dr zou to try acupunture & see if it works. U starting ttc next mth..oklah tats gd..all the best ttcing. Hope to hear ur good news soon..

Hi pinky,
honestly, Im sure not abt the scarring as the photos of before and after inside my womb were given to me. Before was really 'messy' in there LOL and the after was 'clear' and dye passed thru both tubes.
I got mine done by Dr SF Loh at TMC
happy.gif

not yet ttc...probably next mth
happy.gif

give it a tot and best of luck dearie!

Hi Jennie,
Hope you are well. So how are you now after the laparoscopy by Dr Loh SF? I saw him 2 years ago diagnosed with hydrosalpinx. Been trying natural remedies but still not pregnant yet. So thinking do I want to seek 3rd opinion by another doctor or maybe go back to Dr Loh for laparoscopy.
As fallopian tubes surgery seems very complicated. and he seems like the best few in this field.

Hi I did a hsg n they couldn’t see my left tube at all. The doctor mention it could me it is blocked. Anyone experience this before but turned out the tube wasn’t blocked?

My right side is also dilated. Does it mean that I will not be able to conceive naturally? Will tcm or anything help with such issues?

Thanks

Hi I did a hsg n they couldn’t see my left tube at all. The doctor mention it could me it is blocked. Anyone experience this before but turned out the tube wasn’t blocked?

My right side is also dilated. Does it mean that I will not be able to conceive naturally? Will tcm or anything help with such issues?

Thanks
Hihi,

I did an hsg and found my left fallopian tube was blocked, in march 2014. I went for a renowned fertility doc , did all checks and was advised to do ivf, which i strongly decided not to as i was already a mother of 3 kids. And chances of ivf isnt 100% too.
Gg to fortune teller, asking famous fengshui master to my place to change the fengshui 4 conceive, giving up alcohol, havin proper diet etc..u name it..i done it.
Until, i went to visit tcm physician Dr chen mei er at everspring clinic in sept 2014. She check me n my hubby, whom was found to be very "strong" at 45years old while i was 35 yrs old and abit weaker. Problem lies in me. She prescribe me some powder med and daily consume with juz a small scoop with warm water b4 i sleep. I ate the whole med and a mth later, went back to c her..who knows she tell me, " wa, u still haven preg yet ah? If tis 2nd btl still dont havr, might as well go n do ivf." I was totally appalledby her attitide, and told my hub, she think her med is 仙丹么?1 btl cfm preg meh? I told my hub afrer tis 2nd btl, i m not gg bk 4 her. Who knows, barely 2 weeks into the 2nd btl, i was preg! I still continue to c her.. throughout these years..
Now 2018 end jan, i went to c her for the purpose of conceive again.she was so supportive n tell me 38+yrs old only, still can, no worries.. as usual, she prescribe me the powder med to be taken for 1 mth.i started in feb and on off took it as i was overseas frequently thus only complete in early april. However, i got preg again in mid april !noe i m coming 9wks..my advice after trying so many methods n diff docs, is best to 调理your health 1st n bring along ur hub 4 check too.. if u wana have a baby, then go all the way..do not give up!! Gd luck!
**btw, tis is not an advertising for dr chen mei er, is juz based on my personal experience.**

Thanks for sharing ! Good luck for your pregnancy.. but not sure if tcm will work for me cos both tubes have issue for me :(

Hi girl..

You dont give up ya. U can visit the tcm tt i had went to. Cos on my recent visit, she mention that to get preg, must heal the health 1st and tt time she prescribe the med is to unblock my blocked fallopian tube. Then i recall, probably my left tube was aldy unblocked previously, thats y i am so easily to get preg again tis time round at just 1 deed. Give it a try.. theres no harm. If u keen .the number is 62568774, u haf to emphasis to see her as there r other docs too. Meanwhile the waiting time would b kinda long like 1+-3+ hrs wait. Gd luck..dt give up pls!

Hi, anyone that have been through surgery to unblock tubes? Able to share with me how is it like & what to expect? Is it day surgery or inpatient? How long is the recovery period?

Last edited:
Hi, anyone that have been through surgery to unblock tubes? Able to share with me how is it like & what to expect? Is it day surgery or inpatient? How long is the recovery period?
Hi All, I had ectopic pregnancy in 2012 and went ahead to remove one of my tubes. Went to proceed to IVF with the remaining tube (not so healthy, slightly blocked) and failed due to hydrosalphinx. Decided to remove the other remaining tube and went ahead for IVF.

I have 2 boys and having #3 now.

My advice is, if you are very certain that IVF is the only method to get you pregnant, please remove all hindrances to ensure success. I know of ladies who are hesitant to remove their unhealthy tubes for fear for not being able to try natural in the future.

You may get pregnant with your unhealthy tubes but do take note that chances of having ectopic pregnancies are higher and with unhealthy tubes, the chances of a successful IVF are lower.

As fallopian tubes surgery seems very complicated. and he seems like the best few in this field.

Hello MacMac, just to clarify that fallopian tube surgery is a keyhole day surgery and there's no need to be warded.

Indeed SF Loh is one of the best, there are good ones like Tan Heng Hao from KKH.

Hi All, I had ectopic pregnancy in 2012 and went ahead to remove one of my tubes. Went to proceed to IVF with the remaining tube (not so healthy, slightly blocked) and failed due to hydrosalphinx. Decided to remove the other remaining tube and went ahead for IVF.

I have 2 boys and having #3 now.

My advice is, if you are very certain that IVF is the only method to get you pregnant, please remove all hindrances to ensure success. I know of ladies who are hesitant to remove their unhealthy tubes for fear for not being able to try natural in the future.

You may get pregnant with your unhealthy tubes but do take note that chances of having ectopic pregnancies are higher and with unhealthy tubes, the chances of a successful IVF are lower.

Halo towkayneo,
Thanks for your advice. I've already been scheduled for the surgery in July with kkh as am kinda bz with work recently, thus the delay for the surgery. Looking for more information as it's a bit different for mine as the keyhole surgery i'm scheduled for require a estimated 4 day inpatient instead of day surgery i read online. Wondering if anyone are the same like mine. I've been diagnosed with hydrosalpinx for both tubes.

Halo towkayneo,
Thanks for your advice. I've already been scheduled for the surgery in July with kkh as am kinda bz with work recently, thus the delay for the surgery. Looking for more information as it's a bit different for mine as the keyhole surgery i'm scheduled for require a estimated 4 day inpatient instead of day surgery i read online. Wondering if anyone are the same like mine. I've been diagnosed with hydrosalpinx for both tubes.
Maybe you can check with the doc why yours is 4 day instead of day surgery.

Are you planning to remove both tubes or just to unblock them? Yeah, with hydro, no embryo implantation can happen.

Maybe you can check with the doc why yours is 4 day instead of day surgery.

Are you planning to remove both tubes or just to unblock them? Yeah, with hydro, no embryo implantation can happen.

Yup, will be checking with the doc but next appointment will be 3 days before surgery thus thinking if anyone here is the same.

Not sure to unblock or remove it but I'm prepare for the worse alrdy. Doc mention she will try to unblock it if not she will remove as unblocking it might have a reoccurance of the tubes being block again in future.

Yup, will be checking with the doc but next appointment will be 3 days before surgery thus thinking if anyone here is the same.

Not sure to unblock or remove it but I'm prepare for the worse alrdy. Doc mention she will try to unblock it if not she will remove as unblocking it might have a reoccurance of the tubes being block again in future.
Yup...all the best!

Back