1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

anyone has kid started piano lessons at 3.5yrs? any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Year 2010 Mums' started by springong, Nov 20, 2013.

1. springong

springong Member

Recently I attended a trial class with my girl at mycs, I quite like the program but is a long term commitment required to attend class with her for at least 4 years, I am not sure if the program is as good as what the school claims to be, wud like to hear some views, thanks

2. Medleybb

Medleybb New Member

My nephew is attending Yamaha, seem not bad
  3. springong

springong Member

4. ommadesiree

ommadesiree New Member

I agree Yamaha is good for the JMC programme, good for music appreciation. It is a much shorter period compared to MCYS. 2 years. and then I sent my child to private piano lesson in Bishan. The teacher is very patient, she prepares my child not only exam but also let them have fun playing songs they want to learn. my child always have fun at class. from what i know, her youngest student is 4 years old.
  5. friends78

friends78 Well-Known Member

My boy (40mths) attending group class at Cristofori. Only 2nd lesson but he enjoyed and look forward to the next lesson.
  6. springong

springong Member

thanks will check out.
  7. springong

springong Member

is it ok to share how much does the teacher in bishan charge, need a gauge to start looking for teacher for my girl, thanks.
  8. Piano Mom My

Piano Mom My New Member

My daughter's teacher charge me $35 per lesson for beginner. 1 lesson 45 minutes and we travel to her place. I looked around and it's about the market price. (some is more expensive - or super expensive like $100-200 per lesson).
    I don't want to go to very young "teacher" who offers $5/lesson or $10.. Doesn't look promising to me @@
    Any parents send their kids to teacher who charge $5 or $10 per lesson?
  9. durian monster

durian monster New Member

Too cheap- something not quite right. We go to Juzmusic at Parkway Centre.
  10. durian monster

We look for something with a good comprehensive program- recitals and performances, extra exam preparation program, group classes etc....
  11. springong

springong Member

I come across nafa recently, heard is an intense n progressive program.
  12. durian monster

They have good teachers there, i checked it out previously too. I am sure it is a good program, though i have not tried it. But the commitment seems too much for me. Might be alright for some other ppl. Check it out and feedback here!
    springong likes this.
  13. Ladysohfree

Ladysohfree New Member

I got a this male teacher to teach my son at 4 year old. He is quite good and my son look forward for the next lesson. However he only teaches in the east. Now my son is 8 years old and will be taking his grade 5 this year. :)
  14. ashgray77

ashgray77 Member

Hi, is Auerus Academy good? Thanks